CaV: Eggsy(Kingsman) DarthSenju vs StormShadow(G.I. Joe Movies) nfactor1995 NOW OPEN FOR VOTES!!

Avatar image for deactivated-5ac4e862bd47b
deactivated-5ac4e862bd47b

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

Eggsy

Represented by DarthSenju
Represented by DarthSenju

StormShadow

Represented by nfactor1995
Represented by nfactor1995

Conditions:

• In character

• Standard Gear
  • Starting distance 17 yards apart.
  • Morals on
  • Location is top of Helicarrier
No Caption Provided

We start on area right of the runway. I am at the bottom point, nfactor1995 is at the top point and we are 17 yard apart from each other.

@nfactor1995: Did i miss anything?

DSTREET45

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

T4V

nfactor1995

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@darthsenju: Looks good! Do you want to post first? Or me?

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@nfactor1995:

you can go first, Im still collecting a few feats.

Lunacyde

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#5 Lunacyde  Moderator
nfactor1995

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lunacyde: You're a fan of Storm Shadow I presume?

Avatar image for allstarsuperman
AllStarSuperman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

T4V

nfactor1995

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@darthsenju: It's a busy week this week, sorry I haven't posted yet. I'll try and get one up Friday or Saturday. Go ahead and post yours when you are finished.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@nfactor1995: Sorry this took a while, i was a bit busy. But this should be relatively short since its the opener.

Opener

Eggsy

No Caption Provided

Gary ''Eggsy'' Unwin used to be a street punk, but after a turn for the better in his life he became a Kingsman Agent. As an agent Eggsy has been trained in all the various gear a Kingsman Agent needs and all the skills required. He is also a former regional gymnastics champion, and he halfway completed marine training but was forced to drop out because of his family issues.

Abilities:

• Peak human speed, strength and durability.
  • Can dodge bullets.
  • Has impressive agility.
  • Impressive marksmanship

Gear:

• Bullet proof suit
  • Shoe knife(coated in poison)
  • Umbrella(Bullet proof, can fire stun and real bullets)
  • Ring(can deliver 10,000 volts)
  • Watch(Tranquilizer dart, amnesia dart)
  • Kingsman pistol(has a small shotgun barrel attached to the bottom of it)
  • Hand grenade
  • Glasses
  • Poison Pen

Ill post my strategy once youve done your opener.

Your turn@nfactor1995:

g2_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 3

#11  Edited By g2_

Looks interesting, please tag.

nfactor1995

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@darthsenju: Sorry for such a long wait. It's been extremely busy the past week or so. Here's my brief opener:

Storm Shadow (Gi Joe Movies)

No Caption Provided

Storm Shadow is a ninja assassin, trained Arashikage Clan under the tutelage of the Hard Master, and later joined the terrorist organization known as Cobra as their elite assassin. Trained since birth to be a "weapon of great skill and anger," Storm Shadow has decades of martial training and combat experience and is the only character in the GI Joe movie universe to be capable of matching Snake Eyes in combat (the Joe's best warrior). Storm Shadow's ruthless and aggressive personality contribute to his effectiveness in combat.

General Abilities:

• Master swordsman - Storm Shadow has displayed impressive and nearly unmatched skill in the art of sword fighting, both with his duel katanas and when they are clipped together to form a double sided katana.
  • Master H2H combatant - Along with his sword training, Storm Shadow has mastered the art of H2H combat
  • Shurikens - Storm Shadow has mastered the ability to throw shurikens (ninja stars), and has demonstrated that he can throw four at a time with lethal accuracy, and can throw them in rapid succession with great accuracy as well.
  • Superhuman speed - Storm Shadow was able to run fast enough to avoid being caught by Ripcord, who at the time was wearing a super accelerator suit which granted him the ability to run at speeds in the 50-60 mph range. Ripcord even commented how fast Storm Shadow was while he was chasing him.
  • Superhuman reflexes - Storm Shadow is capable of slicing a bullet in half with his sword after it has been fired at him from less than 10 yards away. He has also been shown to be capable of reacting to machine gun fire from Snake Eyes and reacting to his own shurikens being thrown back at him.
  • Peak Human Strength - Storm Shadow has numerous feats displaying his peak human level strength (will elaborate in future posts)

Gear

• Duel katanas, capable of being clipped to become one double bladed katana
  • A seemingly limitless supply of shurikens
  • Two smaller swords

Strategy

• I'll reserve this for future posts as well

Alright that's my opening post. You're up :)

nfactor1995

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

nfactor1995

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@nfactor1995:

I've almost finished it, I should have it up today or tommorrow.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@nfactor1995:

Strategy: (im abbreviating StormShadow to SS)

Eggsy seeing that SS has swords, will take a distance approach since he is not as proficient in h2h. He will position himself behind the small structure at the bottom of the helicarrier where he will establish a firing position

Utilising the umbrella, he can attack SS from a distance while remaining protected from projectiles. This is due to it being bulletproof from normal gunfire, and the umbrella can attack with a stun or a powerful bullet which is strong enough to send a grown man flying back.

No Caption Provided

Eggsy is willing to kill, so he would be using the bullets. In this case SS would have to dodge, and try to engage him in closequarters since his shurikens would be useless against the umbrella. Only a high calibre bullet from sniper rifle can penetrate the umbrella.

If SS attempts to get closer to Eggsy, then Eggsy can just throw a grenade at him. Kingsman grenades are strong enough to blow up an entire lecture room, so i dont see much of an escape for SS if he is in close proximity to the grenade.

No Caption Provided

And follow up his attack with shotgun rounds from his pistol, and if necessary more rounds from his umbrella.

No Caption Provided

Eggsy can remain in his position and use his glasses to see if SS is still moving about.

No Caption Provided

And if he is then Eggsy can just keep firing at him until he dies. This shouldnt be much of a problem since SS would already be injured by the grenade and the shotgun spread.

Summarising

Eggsy has the superior firepower and means to keep SS pinned down, until he eventually gets hit.

And once he does, its all over since Eggsy can just unload on him until hes dead.

Your turn@nfactor1995:

MK39

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

T4V

nfactor1995

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@darthsenju:So sorry for the way too long delay between my posts.

Counters

Eggsy seeing that SS has swords, will take a distance approach since he is not as proficient in h2h. He will position himself behind the small structure at the bottom of the helicarrier where he will establish a firing position

Utilizing the umbrella, he can attack SS from a distance while remaining protected from projectiles. This is due to it being bulletproof from normal gunfire, and the umbrella can attack with a stun or a powerful bullet which is strong enough to send a grown man flying back.

Storm Shadow is a legitimate bullet timer, so I think he has the reflexes to avoid Eggsy's fire, at least for a bit. Also, Eggsy's legs are vulnerable...strangely enough none of those soldiers decided to shoot at his feet or legs (the Captain America conundrum), but considering Storm Shadow's elite training and abilities, I'd say he would recognize pretty quickly Eggsy's openings and do his best to exploit them via shurikens. This is all assuming Eggsy has time to use the umbrella and get into that position (more on this later).

Also, are you absolutely positive that the shurikens wouldn't do any damage to the umbrella? I would argue that shurikens have better piercing power than a bullet and could potentially do at least some damage to that umbrella weapon (even as little as messing up Eggsy's vision through it via scratches or messing with the technology powering it).

Eggsy is willing to kill, so he would be using the bullets. In this case SS would have to dodge, and try to engage him in closequarters since his shurikens would be useless against the umbrella. Only a high caliber bullet from sniper rifle can penetrate the umbrella.

If SS attempts to get closer to Eggsy, then Eggsy can just throw a grenade at him. Kingsmen grenades are strong enough to blow up an entire lecture room, so i don't see much of an escape for SS if he is in close proximity to the grenade.

Does Eggsy have grenades that explode on contact as part of his standard gear? Because that grenade seemed to be more of a stealth weapon and it took a while for it to go off. Storm Shadow won't get caught in that blast without Eggsy getting caught also.

And follow up his attack with shotgun rounds from his pistol, and if necessary more rounds from his umbrella. Eggsy can remain in his position and use his glasses to see if SS is still moving about. And if he is then Eggsy can just keep firing at him until he dies. This shouldn't be much of a problem since SS would already be injured by the grenade and the shotgun spread.

Given that I haven't fully seen the Kingsmen movie, I have no idea what those glasses are capable of or how/why they are relevant in this fight. This all assumes Storm Shadow just stands there and gets tagged by Eggsy's shots and tanks the grenade.

Strategy

Being completely honest, there really isn't any reason why the fight wouldn't start out with Storm Shadow doing this:

No Caption Provided

Thus far, I'm not convinced that Eggsy would survive even this initial onslaught, given that the shurikens should be able to reach him before he has time to activate the umbrella. But even if he were to activate it in time and somehow block ALL of the shurikens that SS can throw at him (which would be difficult considering the non-linear flight path each shuriken has), SS has shown to be a casual bullet aim-dodger (shown in this GIF) as well as a legitimate bullet timer, so Eggsy will have a hell of a time trying to tag him with his umbrella gun or whatever other guns he utilizes.

No Caption Provided

This is as legitimate a bullet time as they come. SS literally slices a bullet in half after it was fired from a maximum of 10 yards away.

All the while, as these shurikens are flying at Eggsy, SS is quickly closing the distance between the two to make this a CQC fight. SS's speed is comparable to the GI Joes when they were wearing their accelerator suits (Ripcord was commenting how fast SS was during his pursuit of him, and he wasn't ever able to catch up to him until SS stopped to shoot the bio-missile at the Eiffel Tower.

Once the fight gets into CQC, SS has the clear and definitive advantage. His advantages include:

• Better melee weaponry
  • Better CQC skills
  • Physically superior all around (faster, stronger, quicker, more durable etc)
  • Accolade of being one of the two best fighters on the planet, and the only fighter capable of going toe-to-toe with Snake Eyes

Something else to note is that Storm Shadow's durability is incredible. Here, he tanks getting smashed (essentially blind-sided, because he valued getting the shot off accurately over bracing for the hit) through a wall by Ripcord wearing one of the GI Joe accelerator suits.

No Caption Provided

This is an example of his fighting skills in one of his major fights against Snake Eyes.

Loading Video...

I just don't see Eggsy winning a fight up close with Storm Shadow.

In summary, SS will win this fight because of the following advantages/reasons:

• Capable of dodging Eggsy's shots (at worst he is aim-dodging)
  • Capable of quickly closing the distance between them, based off of pure running speed as well as the ability to throw multiple shurikens simultaneously and continuously
  • Being decisively better at CQC than Eggsy, both due to skill, physical advantages, and weaponry

Bottom line, SS will quickly close the distance by throwing his shurikens non-stop at Eggsy (immediately forcing Eggsy to fight defensively) and engage him in a CQC fight. Given SS's superior melee weaponry (swords), superior CQC skill, and superior physical attributes, this will give him the victory in this battle.

You're turn :). BTW how many posts do you want to make in total? I was thinking either 3 or 4 just to keep it short and clean, but what do you think?

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@nfactor1995: I think 4 is good if we count the opener, then we have two counters and a closing, is that alright with you?

Counters:

Storm Shadow is a legitimate bullet timer, so I think he has the reflexes to avoid Eggsy's fire, at least for a bit. Also, Eggsy's legs are vulnerable...strangely enough none of those soldiers decided to shoot at his feet or legs (the Captain America conundrum), but considering Storm Shadow's elite training and abilities, I'd say he would recognize pretty quickly Eggsy's openings and do his best to exploit them via shurikens. This is all assuming Eggsy has time to use the umbrella and get into that position (more on this later).

I can see SS dodging maybe a few, but after a while hes going to get hit or Eggsy may decide to use the shotgun cartridges on his pistol in which case SS will get hit. Well actually Galahad says in the movie that the Bespoke suit is bulletproof, and that counts in the trousers as well, so i dont see why the trousers wouldn't be bullet proof as well. Eggsy should have the time to get into that position, since SS cant close the gap that fast and Eggsy is actually pretty close to the structure.

Also, are you absolutely positive that the shurikens wouldn't do any damage to the umbrella? I would argue that shurikens have better piercing power than a bullet and could potentially do at least some damage to that umbrella weapon (even as little as messing up Eggsy's vision through it via scratches or messing with the technology powering it).

You would have to prove that shurikens have equal piercing power to that of a high calibre sniper rifle, since that is the only thing that penetrated the umbrella. Anything below that would just bounce of the umbrella not impeding it in anyway. In the gif below the umbrella tanks fire from multiple assualt rifles at once and is completely unscathed. Its only when the sniper rifle comes in that the umbrella is penetrated.

No Caption Provided

Also the firing mechanism and such are present in the handle stick bit, so even if SS does somehow manage to damage the umbrella it wouldn't affect the actual firing of it.

Does Eggsy have grenades that explode on contact as part of his standard gear? Because that grenade seemed to be more of a stealth weapon and it took a while for it to go off. Storm Shadow won't get caught in that blast without Eggsy getting caught also.

Here Eggsy was only barely a couple of meters away from the soldiers when the grenade went off. Yet it exploded taking out the soldiers, without harming Eggsy who was in close proximity. So no i dont see Eggsy getting caught by the explosion, since this is a similar scenario.

No Caption Provided

Given that I haven't fully seen the Kingsmen movie, I have no idea what those glasses are capable of or how/why they are relevant in this fight. This all assumes Storm Shadow just stands there and gets tagged by Eggsy's shots and tanks the grenade.

The glasses are can show possible threats, and they were to be used to see where SS was once the grenade went off. In my last post there is a image of soldiers and a anti aircraft weapon, this is showing the glasses.

No this is assuming that SS either gets hit or dodges the bullets, and while he is doing this Eggsy throws a grenade and hits him with it. I did say already in my last post, that even if SS survives the grenade he would be hit by the shotgun spread from Eggsy who is going to be firing at the area where the grenade went off. This is where the glasses were to be used to locate SS, so Eggsy could hit him.

Counter to your strategy:

Being completely honest, there really isn't any reason why the fight wouldn't start out with Storm Shadow doing this:

No Caption Provided

Thus far, I'm not convinced that Eggsy would survive even this initial onslaught, given that the shurikens should be able to reach him before he has time to activate the umbrella. But even if he were to activate it in time and somehow block ALL of the shurikens that SS can throw at him (which would be difficult considering the non-linear flight path each shuriken has), SS has shown to be a casual bullet aim-dodger (shown in this GIF) as well as a legitimate bullet timer, so Eggsy will have a hell of a time trying to tag him with his umbrella gun or whatever other guns he utilizes.

The bespoke suit that Eggsy wears is bullet proof, so even if the shurikens do penetrate a bit. There will be a fair amount of resistance when they hit, so the damage should be minimal if they pierce the suit. Also Eggsy has dodged bullets before, so i dont see why Eggsy couldnt just dodge the shurikens since they dont move faster than bullets(this is assuming Eggsy doesnt get the umbrella up in time). Heres him dodging bullets from an assault rifle.

No Caption Provided

And here he dodges bullets from a sniper rifle.

No Caption Provided

So i dont see any reason why Eggsy couldnt just dodge or tank the shurikens, and keep on firing at SS to keep him in the same spot.

Eggsy should be able to hit SS since, he is firing a load of bullets at SS and eventually SS will be overwhelmed. But if you are still in doubt here are a few examples of Eggsy marksmanship skills.

No Caption Provided

No Caption Provided

As you can see Eggsy is a very capable marksman, he is able to accurately hit soldiers while in mid air upside down, and while on the floor upside down. So i can defitnely see him tagging SS at least a couple of times, or at least enough to keep SS back.

No Caption Provided

This is as legitimate a bullet time as they come. SS literally slices a bullet in half after it was fired from a maximum of 10 yards away.

Thats great and all, but how does this equate to him slicing multiple shots in succession. Or fending off a shot gun spread?

All the while, as these shurikens are flying at Eggsy, SS is quickly closing the distance between the two to make this a CQC fight. SS's speed is comparable to the GI Joes when they were wearing their accelerator suits (Ripcord was commenting how fast SS was during his pursuit of him, and he wasn't ever able to catch up to him until SS stopped to shoot the bio-missile at the Eiffel Tower.

Once the fight gets into CQC, SS has the clear and definitive advantage. His advantages include:

• Better melee weaponry
  • Better CQC skills
  • Physically superior all around (faster, stronger, quicker, more durable etc)
  • Accolade of being one of the two best fighters on the planet, and the only fighter capable of going toe-to-toe with Snake Eyes

I have already explained above why the shuriken strategy wont work. SS most likely wont be able to close the distance due to supressing fire or the grenade/shotgun spread. To be fair SS was in a car the whole time, and he got into the building before them and ran up while they climbed up. So yes he is very fast, but i wouldn't say he is on comparable speed to the accelerator suits.

He probably wont get into a CQC fight, but if he does Eggsy isnt completely hopeless. He still has his ring which can deliver 50,000 volts, his poison knife in his shoe. And the benefit of having fought Gazelle before who was using swords as her legs. And also Gazelle is a bullet timer, so even though i admit SS is much better at sword fighting than Gazelle. The point still stands that he has fought someone who was a bullet timer and used swords.

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

This is the poison knife.

No Caption Provided

I just don't see Eggsy winning a fight up close with Storm Shadow.

In summary, SS will win this fight because of the following advantages/reasons:

• Capable of dodging Eggsy's shots (at worst he is aim-dodging)
  • Capable of quickly closing the distance between them, based off of pure running speed as well as the ability to throw multiple shurikens simultaneously and continuously
  • Being decisively better at CQC than Eggsy, both due to skill, physical advantages, and weaponry

Bottom line, SS will quickly close the distance by throwing his shurikens non-stop at Eggsy (immediately forcing Eggsy to fight defensively) and engage him in a CQC fight. Given SS's superior melee weaponry (swords), superior CQC skill, and superior physical attributes, this will give him the victory in this battle.

• Maybe for a small amount of time, but Eggsy is an accomplished marksman so he will hit him.
  • Yes but he wont be able to, unless he wants to get blown up or shot.
  • Thats true, the weaponry is debatable

He will be pinned under supressing fire, where Eggsy can tank or dodge the shurikens. And then he will die due to the grenade or the shotgun spread.

To Summarise:

SS will lose due to inferior gear and weaponry, mainly because Eggsy can tank or evade his longe ranged attacks. While being able to SS with his long ranged attacks, which SS cant tank.

Your Turn.

nfactor1995

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@darthsenju: I'm down for this to be our last post if you are. If you want to do one more to close, we can do that too.

Counters

I can see SS dodging maybe a few, but after a while hes going to get hit or Eggsy may decide to use the shotgun cartridges on his pistol in which case SS will get hit. Well actually Galahad says in the movie that the Bespoke suit is bulletproof, and that counts in the trousers as well, so i dont see why the trousers wouldn't be bullet proof as well. Eggsy should have the time to get into that position, since SS cant close the gap that fast and Eggsy is actually pretty close to the structure.

Again, the starting distance is only 17 yards. SS should be able to clear that distance in no more than a couple seconds, all the while shurikens are raining down on Eggsy. Sure, Eggsy might be able to take cover in time to avoid getting sliced up, but by the time he has a chance to do anything (such as activate his umbrella), SS will already be right next to him. Unless Eggsy has the ability to literally instantaneously open up the umbrella and start firing accurately, that's not a viable strategy here.

Here Eggsy was only barely a couple of meters away from the soldiers when the grenade went off. Yet it exploded taking out the soldiers, without harming Eggsy who was in close proximity. So no i dont see Eggsy getting caught by the explosion, since this is a similar scenario.

Considering it's not physically possible for Eggsy to be standing that close to an explosion of that magnitude without being harmed, I'm going to go ahead and attribute that to the "rule of cool" or simply "writer induced stupidity."

The bespoke suit that Eggsy wears is bullet proof, so even if the shurikens do penetrate a bit. There will be a fair amount of resistance when they hit, so the damage should be minimal if they pierce the suit. Also Eggsy has dodged bullets before, so i dont see why Eggsy couldnt just dodge the shurikens since they dont move faster than bullets(this is assuming Eggsy doesnt get the umbrella up in time). Heres him dodging bullets from an assault rifle. And here he dodges bullets from a sniper rifle. So i dont see any reason why Eggsy couldnt just dodge or tank the shurikens, and keep on firing at SS to keep him in the same spot.

Yeah those are some flashy looking reflex feats and they are very impressive, but shurikens aren't the same thing as bullets. Yes they do travel a lot slower, but they also have an unpredictable flight path and there are more than one of them coming at the same time. So not only would Eggsy have to dodge based on the speed of the shuriken, he would have to figure out exactly where the shurikens are headed ahead of time and find a way to dodge all of them at the same time. Diving behind cover would likely suffice, but that leaves plenty of time for SS to close the distance and make this a melee fight.

Eggsy should be able to hit SS since, he is firing a load of bullets at SS and eventually SS will be overwhelmed. But if you are still in doubt here are a few examples of Eggsy marksmanship skills. As you can see Eggsy is a very capable marksman, he is able to accurately hit soldiers while in mid air upside down, and while on the floor upside down. So i can definitely see him tagging SS at least a couple of times, or at least enough to keep SS back.

Given that SS can slice a bullet in half from nearly point blank range and can aim dodge Snake Eyes's machine gun, I don't see SS getting tagged by Eggsy, even though Eggsy has proven to be a great shot. Reason being is I can see Eggsy getting off no more than one shot on SS before having to take cover, and that is assuming Eggsy goes right for his pistol at the start.

He probably wont get into a CQC fight, but if he does Eggsy isnt completely hopeless. He still has his ring which can deliver 50,000 volts, his poison knife in his shoe. And the benefit of having fought Gazelle before who was using swords as her legs. And also Gazelle is a bullet timer, so even though i admit SS is much better at sword fighting than Gazelle. The point still stands that he has fought someone who was a bullet timer and used swords.

Sure I could see Eggsy putting up somewhat of a fight in CQC. However I don't see Gazelle as someone who could rival SS in swordsmanship, and I'd argue that SS having two katanas is better and more effective of a weapon than Gazelle using just her metal feet-blades. Quite frankly, keeping up with Snake Eyes is a much better feat than anything Gazelle has done (based on seeing youtube clips of her).

Also, proof that Gazelle is a legit bullet timer?

Summary

Storm Shadow has the necessary advantages and skill-sets to win this fight handily.

• Shurikens will keep Eggsy off-balance to start the fight, and SS can close the 17 yard starting distance within a couple of seconds to make this CQC
  • Given that SS will be on Eggsy that quickly, Eggsy will only have time to get off MAYBE 1 shot, if that, due to also having to dodge the incoming shurikens. So Eggsy will have to contend with shurikens flying at him, SS charging, and figuring out how to attack AND dodge the incoming shurikens. I'd say that's too much for him to handle and he will be simply forced to take cover, allowing SS to engage him in CQC
  • SS simply outclasses him in melee, both due to skill and weaponry.

So we can either open this up to votes now, or we can do a closing post. Up to you :)

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@nfactor1995: Id like to do a closing post. If you dont want to do one then after this we can open it to votes or you can do one.

Final Counter:

Again, the starting distance is only 17 yards. SS should be able to clear that distance in no more than a couple seconds, all the while shurikens are raining down on Eggsy. Sure, Eggsy might be able to take cover in time to avoid getting sliced up, but by the time he has a chance to do anything (such as activate his umbrella), SS will already be right next to him. Unless Eggsy has the ability to literally instantaneously open up the umbrella and start firing accurately, that's not a viable strategy here.

Eggsys suit is bulletproof, the only part he will have to keep safe is the head. And based off his bullet dodging reactions i dont see him having a problem with that, also as said before the umbrella is bulletproof and can be used as a gun for Eggsy. So even if SS decides to try and close the distance while throwing shurikens, he will be forced back or into cover by Eggsy bringing up the umbrella to fire straight at SS. And since the only way to damage the gun part of the umbrella is to hit the barrel part, i dont see SS disabling the umbrella. So in effect since Eggsy can dodge the shurikens or just shield with the umbrella, he will ultimately be able to fire upon SS while remaining safe from the shurikens.

Considering it's not physically possible for Eggsy to be standing that close to an explosion of that magnitude without being harmed, I'm going to go ahead and attribute that to the "rule of cool" or simply "writer induced stupidity."

Well he was behind the umbrella so that could have protected him from the explosion, or he might have moved away once he threw it. You dont actually see him when the grenade detonates.

Yeah those are some flashy looking reflex feats and they are very impressive, but shurikens aren't the same thing as bullets. Yes they do travel a lot slower, but they also have an unpredictable flight path and there are more than one of them coming at the same time. So not only would Eggsy have to dodge based on the speed of the shuriken, he would have to figure out exactly where the shurikens are headed ahead of time and find a way to dodge all of them at the same time. Diving behind cover would likely suffice, but that leaves plenty of time for SS to close the distance and make this a melee fight.

Well since the whole suit is bullet proof he would only like before have to protect his head, so he could just move right out of the direction there going in. Or he could use the umbrella as a shield. Either way he would be protected from SS attacks while being in to counterattack. Since he would still be able to keep SS away from him with either the grenade/pistol/umbrella.

Given that SS can slice a bullet in half from nearly point blank range and can aim dodge Snake Eyes's machine gun, I don't see SS getting tagged by Eggsy, even though Eggsy has proven to be a great shot. Reason being is I can see Eggsy getting off no more than one shot on SS before having to take cover, and that is assuming Eggsy goes right for his pistol at the start.

Well yes i can see SS dodging some, but remember the pistol has a shotgun function as well. So even if SS has dodged machine gun fire, i dont see him dodging a shotgun spread without diving for cover or taking the hit. Either way he would be open for Eggsy to attack with the grenade more of the pistol or the umbrella. Eggsy can switch from the umbrella to the pistol or vice versa, or he could even use the umbrella as a shield and use the pistol to fire.

Sure I could see Eggsy putting up somewhat of a fight in CQC. However I don't see Gazelle as someone who could rival SS in swordsmanship, and I'd argue that SS having two katanas is better and more effective of a weapon than Gazelle using just her metal feet-blades. Quite frankly, keeping up with Snake Eyes is a much better feat than anything Gazelle has done (based on seeing youtube clips of her).

Also, proof that Gazelle is a legit bullet timer?

I agree having two katannas would be better in a swordfight, but Gazelle when rotating on the ground was attacking Eggsy at high speed. There was a time when Eggsy had to block or dodge several highspeed strikes from her leg blades. So yes i agree Eggsy is not equal in any way to SS in a sword fight, but he has had experience dealing with very fast strikes from swords.

Gazelle in the gif below dodges bullets:

No Caption Provided

Summary:

• Eggsy only has to keep his head safe, and he can shield behind the umbrella from shurikens. Bottom line Eggsy will be perfectly fine from the shurikens, and they wont hinder him.

• Eggsys supressing fire will force SS into cover, this is when Eggsy can use his grenade or the umbrella/pistol to finish him off.
  • If it does come into a CQC fight then Eggsy should be able to dodge SS, having fought Gazelle a bullet timer who uses legblades. And if possible counterattack with the ring, poison knife or umbrella.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@nfactor1995:

Would you like to make a closing post or open for votes?

nfactor1995

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By nfactor1995

@darthsenju: Let's just open to votes. I don't think I have anything new to add in a closing post.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@nfactor1995:

Btw just wanted to say, i really enjoyed this Cav and i dont really debate live action so this was a first for me. And hopefully i will debate more live action in the future.

And good luck in the votes.

MK39

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By MK39

Good concise arguments from both sides, but DarthSenju has my vote. nfactor1995 did well but Eggsy's shotgun function and ability to shield himself and fire at the same time seemed to go unacknowledged, and those are the two things that make me inclined to say Eggsy wins.

Avatar image for indomitableregal
IndomitableRegal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm gonna have to vote on this when I get the time to read it fully. Looks good though.

Avatar image for indomitableregal
IndomitableRegal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@nfactor1995: @darthsenju:

So first, let me say that I personally think SS would win this fight, but I'm gonna be completely objective here. On to the debate, this is a tough call. On one hand, Senju had 4 posts, whereas NFactor decided to forgo a final closing, which would have given him the opportunity to post any last counters. That said, I think that Senju missed a few opportunities to really close this out. For example, he said the suit was stated as bulletproof, but if there were any feats of this, he should have posted them; it would have added credence to the notion that he only had to protect his head, something I believe NFactor should have challenged. Also, I don't know if maybe it was included and I missed it, but I don't recall any explanation on how Eggsy is supposed to get the umbrella open while SS charges with shurikens from only 17 yards away, or how he'll protect his legs (I believe NFactor called this into question). The grenade was also a debated topic. From what I saw, Eggsy had the umbrella open when he threw it (and also when it detonated), but again, this depends on whether or not he can get it open. Another thing that neither addressed is that the umbrella is a shield, not a force field, and given Storm's agility/mobility, it's plausible he could get around it (but like I said, no one brought it up).

Overall, you both did a great job, but there were missed opportunities on both sides and I can only choose one. I'm going with.....find out on the next episode of DRAGON BALL Z!!!

Sorry, sorry lol...Congrats Darth Senju. I believe you managed to just pull this one out.

Koays

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Darthsenju

Though i admit i came into this with preconceptions that i didnt feel were disproved.

Wispymatt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I vote Darth