CaV: Captain America (TP82) vs Dick Grayson (Nathaniel_Adam) TP82 WON!!

KrleAvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 114

#101  Edited By KrleAvenger

I'm sorry guys I don't want to vote. I don't want to vote on any Marvel vs DC CaV so DC trolls don't think I'm bias and add the fact that Captain America is my favorite Super Hero.

KrleAvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#103  Edited By KrleAvenger

@nathaniel_adam said:

@krleavenger: Thank you, man. That's called being honest!

Thanks. I'm actually not bias dowards Marvel at all as I love Marvel and DC but I wnat to avoid trolls.

Nathaniel_Adam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 3

HeroUp2112

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

I'm sorry guys I don't want to vote. I don't want to vote on any Marvel vs DC CaV so DC trolls don't think I'm bias and add the fact that Captain America is my favorite Super Hero.

Yeah, I was worried about that too since Cap is my favorite also, however I THINK I've shown enough in the past that I don't let my Cap fanboyness sway my judgement on such things, so I took the risk and voted anyway. I understand why you didn't though of course.

KrleAvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@heroup2112: I'm not bias. Like not at all. I know my vote will be 100% based on what was shown on CaV. However some people may have a problem with it. I would vote only if users who are debating know me very very well and know I'm not bias. Neither Nathaniel or Parker know me very well so I decided not to vote.

But not only because of that. There are DC trolls all over the place who are calling me DC hater and Marvel fanboy just becuase I said Iron-man is much smarter than Batman and Hulk being stronger than Superman (not only that I love Superman more but I think Superman would win in a fight and is more powerful overall but strength alone Hulk has the advantage). So in order to keep those idiots away I decided not to vote on CaV with Marvel vs DC.

HeroUp2112

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@krleavenger: I know you aren't biased. I was just saying I understand why you didn't vote, because of the reasons you just enumerated.

KrleAvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

HeroUp2112

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@krleavenger: Of course. What I meant was I understand why you didn't vote and I almost didn't vote for the same reasons.

KrleAvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Nathaniel_Adam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@krleavenger: I think you are being honest and forget those and keep up doing your thing and me, I respect you.

TheDandyMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#112  Edited By TheDandyMan

Both sides performed reasonably well and it was a pretty good CaV overall. I'll give my thoughts on the strengths and weaknesses of each debater.

@thor_parker82 was sharp on sharp on the statements made and countered some of his opponents points well. For example although Cap has been injured by electricity, he spoke about how it's rare for Nightwing to use his suit taser and while this was a fairly large part of his opponent's strategy I don't think it would be effective for this reason. His closing post also made it easy to see his arguments summed up which is useful as it's easy to forget some arguments when there's so much to read so it's useful to have them in one place. However in some cases the scans used by him could've been more effective imo. For instance, demonstrating Cap's strength against Nuke isn't the best idea as the fight lasted hours according to Rodgers himself so being eventually able to take him down isn't that impressive. Some feats also seemed a little too extreme to me personally and saying that " Steve tanks hits from superhuman such as... the 100 tonner Iron Man" raises my eyebrow. Sure, he has taken hits from Iron Man but generally he can be at least stunned by street levellers such as Batroc, Winter Soldier and US Agent.

@nathaniel_adam proved he knew his character well and many of the scans shown come from recent comics which gives the impression that he knows Grayson well. Considering that I personally believe this match would go to Cap, he did a good job of bringing up reasonable feats where Nightwing has proven to be a tough combatant such as breaking the tendons of a superhumanly durable Talon. He also had a good amount of scans showing Cap's imperfections and demonstrated that it's certainly not impossible to dodge a shield throw. However, I believe some scans were not very effective and showing that Nightwing almost hit a speedster isn't really noteworthy in my view.

Overall, I'm gonna give my vote to Nathaniel as I felt I was more convinced by his arguments and despite believing that Cap would win this fight I feel like I preferred his style of debate. Both of you did well though, good job.

Avatar image for deactivated-5d86fd79c2e73
deactivated-5d86fd79c2e73

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thor_parker82: @nathaniel_adam: TP82 proved Cap was stronger and that it would be tough for Dick to K.O. him with just strikes, while NA showed that was quicker and much more agile. Because NA pointed out Dick's suit taser and later proved that it would stun Cap at the very least, and there was no counter to body reading, I vote for Nathaniel_Adam. Good job guys.

Thor-Parker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Thor-Parker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

mickey-mouse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 4

Assemble!!!!!!

KrleAvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

LoneWanderer23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

So i can vote now ?

Spiderman1997

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#119  Edited By Spiderman1997
LoneWanderer23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#120  Edited By LoneWanderer23

@thor_parker82 I vote for thor. I feel as he was a better advocate for Captain America, with more certain points, proofs and counters in all fields. Always bringing up something new to the fight, and i just generally felt as if his opponent, even though he made an opener was in the defensive stance troughout whole CaV, imo his last thread was as same as his first, same feats, same discussion, relying on same things. Though maybe that's just because Captain America is a main character, and has more feats and appears in more issues than Nightwing, who's just adventitious character in the massive Batman universe, but still, even with advantage thor was a better debater this time.

Nathaniel_Adam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#121  Edited By Nathaniel_Adam

If you agree, we let viners with 1000 posts vote from now on, though we make exception if there were old viners with new accounts and the already tagged viners and those who voted. What do you think?@thor_parker82

Thank you for the awesome breakdown, I appreciate it @thedandyman

Thank you guys for voting @acrokat@lonewanderer23

TP82 (2 votes) - Nate (2 votes)

TheDandyMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#122  Edited By TheDandyMan
conner_wolf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I've gotta vote for Cap here, Parker showed more feats that truly proved Cap was superior, while many of Nat's feats were... sub-par, and were against opponents that simply weren't on Cap's level.

Thor-Parker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Votes so far !!

ThorParker: 4

NathanielAdam: 2

Thor-Parker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#125  Edited By Thor-Parker

@nathaniel_adam: I think a more reasonable post count would be 500 if you agree.

Vertigo-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Will vote later today, possibly tomorrow. Got some school stuff to take care of. read through both openers though, looks good

LoneWanderer23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#127  Edited By LoneWanderer23

@nathaniel_adam: But really, what's that for ? Only because someone is new to the forum doesn't by any means make him either stupid nor ignorant. Do what you want with your own battle i guess, but your proposition is offensive.

Nathaniel_Adam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@nathaniel_adam: I think a more reasonable post count would be 500 if you agree.

I know a lot of those (no disrespect) aren't really that knowledgable and I speak from my experience, it is better if the voters have over 1000 posts.

@thor_parker82: but it was a close one. Nice job both of you.

Can you give a few reasons why you voted for TP28?

Nathaniel_Adam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#129  Edited By Nathaniel_Adam

@lonewanderer23 said:

@nathaniel_adam: But really, what's that for ? Only because someone is new to the forum doesn't by any means make him either stupid nor ignorant. Do what you want with your own battle i guess, but your proposition is offensive.

Whoa, whoa, cool your jets. I think I know who you are though. No need to speak in that way, your vote has been counted.

Avatar image for cosmicallyaware1
cosmicallyaware1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 46

Vertigo-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#132  Edited By Vertigo-

@nathaniel_adam: Will vote tomorrow. Got a final to study for that I have to write tomorrow

Nathaniel_Adam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#133  Edited By Nathaniel_Adam

@blackestnight93: Sorry, actually I forgot to exlude you like a few other viners, I saw your post. Take your time.

Vertigo-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@nathaniel_adam: just tag me again tomorrow, odds are, I might forget about this otherwise

Nathaniel_Adam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Avatar image for gehirnnichtvorh
GehirnNichtVorh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#136  Edited By GehirnNichtVorh

I Vote for Cap

Nathaniel_Adam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

HelixFlameYT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Personally I think Cap would win. As far as this debate goes though I gotta give my vote to @nathaniel_adam . Both did a really good job but I think he focused more on counter-arguing and specifically pointing out how Cap would be taken down. Such as the shield catching and possible use of electricity.

Thor-Parker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

GIliad_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@nathaniel_adam: gets my vote, both of you did a good job but I preferred his style and felt more compelled to vote for Dick despite the fact that I believe Cap would win the match. He emphasised Dick's strengths and advantages and came well equipped to capitalise on Caps downsides. Overall he had the strongest argument, his counters and points where more convincing. Well done.

Avatar image for deactivated-6241fa3a1cff5
deactivated-6241fa3a1cff5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Thor-Parker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Votes so far !!

Thor_Parker: 4

Nathaniel_Adam: 4

GhostVortex

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Nathaniel_Adam did it for me but Thor_Parker was great in the debate.

Nathaniel_Adam takes it for me

nice moves.

brucerogers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Good job guys. The CAV was an interesting read. My vote goes to @thor_parker82

Thor-Parker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

brucerogers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Wyldsong

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Alright, finally read this, and I am torn. In a real fight between these characters, I would back Steve any day of the week, but this isn't about my personal beliefs on who could beat who, it is about who had a better argument for their chosen character overall. There were things I disagreed in each of your presentations, and items I agreed with on both sides. You both had good presentations, formatting wasn't too bad, and there was a decent amount of wordsmithing to scan ratio on both sides. I have talked myself into voting for each of you several times, and I almost want to call a tie, but I won't do that to you guys. I'll give @thor_parker82 my vote this time around, but it was a close, agonizing call to make. You both did well here.

Thor-Parker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@wyldsong: Thanks man, your vote is one I always look forward to, it means a lot.

Hollow_Point

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thor_parker82: I'm voting for Thor. He convinced me more that cap has the physical edge in just about all realms (kinda stalemate agility), and though Nathaniel had a good argument with his electricity attack stunning cap, I feel Thor made up for it in bringing in cap's higher level of opponents that he's fought while casting a nought of a shadow on the feats that Nathaniel brought up

Ps: sorry for the late vote