CaV: Blue Marvel ( Depinhom ) VS Thor Odinson (HeirToTheKingdom) VOTING!

• 89 results
Avatar image for heirtothekingdom
HeirToTheKingdom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By HeirToTheKingdom

Blue Marvel

Represented by Depinhom

No Caption Provided

Thor Odinson

Represented by HeirToTheKingdom

No Caption Provided

Rules:

• Random encounter
  • In-character
  • Both think the other has caused a serious crime so they are in between morals off and morals on, and their morals can gradually decrease as the battle progresses
  • Thor is worthy of Mjolnir
  • Current Blue Marvel

• Start about 500 feet apart
No Caption Provided

Voters:

• Ask to be tagged if you wished to be tagged for voting.
  • Don't vote on who you think is more powerful, but on who had the better arguments.
  • When giving your vote, give an explanation why one of us one.

HeirToTheKingdom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

depinhom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 11

Avatar image for monarch_chronicle
Monarch_Chronicle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

T4v

Jbourne_32

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

neat. tag for voting

HeirToTheKingdom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Vertigo-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

t4v. should be interesting

SpaceMadman174

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

T4V. Heyyy, thats very good.

I'm new soo this will be the first time i'll be participating, soo i don't know the tagging process. Don't know if is going to notified me or not.

Either way good luck to you guys.

depinhom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

HeirToTheKingdom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

HeirToTheKingdom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@spacemadman174: The tagging process is basically when the debate is over, we tag anyone who asked to be tagged. They will then explain why they thought whoever won the debate. Hope that helped!

Nathaniel_Adam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

tag for votes please

depinhom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By depinhom
Avatar image for deactivated-6241fa3a1cff5
deactivated-6241fa3a1cff5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

depinhom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No Caption Provided

Blue Marvel

Background:

When Adam discovered his super-powers, he fashioned a secret identity with which to protect his country, and became Blue Marvel. He served as a hero for years, and was one of the most popular heroes of his time. Adam was pressured by the government to retire, because of how much power he had and for being black. He was forced out of retirement to face his greatest foe and former best friend, Anti-Man.

Characteristics:

• Height: 6'4
  • Weight: 230 lbs
  • Eyes: Brown
  • Hair: Black, with gray highlights

Powers:

• Concussion Beams: Blue Marvel can release beams of pure solidified antimatter that causes concussive damage. The effects of these beams rang from slight push, hard hit, knock-out, minor and major damage, shattering, and total annihilation of the target.
  • Concussive Force Bolts: Blue Marvel can release anti-matter energy from his hands as bolts of concussive force.
  • Stun Bolts: Blue Marvel can project low-energy of antimatter bolts that render human beings unconscious.
  • Optic Blast: Blue Marvel can project antimatter beams from his eyes, of various intensity.
  • Energy Constructs: Blue Marvel can turn antimatter into any item he's seen, can imagine, or has a good idea how it functions.
  • Energy Enhanced Punches: Blue Marvel can focus antimatter into his fists, which he can then use to shatter substances.
  • Energy Pulse: Blue Marvel can produce a surge of antimatter from his entire body, as a massive omnidirectional pulse of devastation power.
  • Energy Shields: Blue Marvel has been seen creating antimatter shields, around himself ad others.The shields are strong enough to deflect and absorb charging attacks from King Hyperion.

Antimatter Stabilization: According to Blue Marvel himself, he is a stable "antimatter reactor", but from his broader explanation, what he appears to do is channel exotic particles generated by a stable event horizon, caused by the interaction of opposing positive matter and negative matter (Negative Zone) universes. Because Blue Marvel has retained his powers all this time, it would seem that either the specific generative reaction that granted him his powers, continues at an unseen or subatomic level in the facility where he first gained his powers, or exotic particles generated by the experiment somehow became quantum entangledwith Blue Marvel. He is able to stabilize antimatter, where anti-matter and matter would normally annihilate each other upon physical contact; Blue Marvel can prevent such an occurrence for a variety of effects, ranging from matter-antimatter constructs to the cohabitation of matter and antimatter beings.

Incalculable Strength: Blue Marvel possesses vast levels of superhuman strength, and is stated to be in the same league as Sentry, Hulk, and Thor strength wise; Blue Marvel has the potential to be the most powerful hero on Earth. He was seen effortlessly lifting the 1960 era's American warship 'Enterprise' which weighs over 93,000 tons, but is capable of greater feats of strength, as shown when he easily moved a meteor "easily the size of Arkansas". Blue Marvel is capable of lifting far in excess of 100 tons easily, as shown when he's lifted a disabled battleship weighing 100,000 tons and flew it back to port for repair. The Watcher said that Blue Marvel could have "split the moon in two" with one blow. Prince Namor himself stated that after Blue Marvel's long hiatus, that only the Hulk and Thor have hit him as hard. Blue Marvel went toe to toe with Sentry, as well as with the rest of the Avengers; he knocked Sentry unconscious into orbit in a single blow, for several minutes. Sentry barely beat Blue Marvel, requiring the distraction of a prolonged and exhausting fight with The Avengers including Wonder Man, Ms. Marvel, Ares and Iron Manto deliver a solid blow. The uppermost limits of Blue Marvel's strength is unknown, but it equals or exceeds the likes of a enraged Hulk, Sentry and others.

Invulnerability: Blue Marvel possess nigh-invulnerability similar to Sentry, and has no physical weaknesses; he can withstand: tremendous impact forces, high-caliber bullets, exposure to temperature and pressure extremes, and powerful energy blasts without sustaining injury. When swimming to his base in the Mariana Trench (deepest part of ocean), he remains unaffected by the Ocean's pressure. Blue Marvel has also withstood a nuclear detonation at ground zero, without any apparent physical trauma whatsoever.

Superhuman Durability: Blue Marvel's tissue, skin, muscles, bones, etc. are extremely dense/solid, allowing him to withstand harmful strains on his body; he's has survived a 1 megaton atomic bomb exploding in his hands without suffering any type of damage. He also withstood blows from a large collection of superhumans such as: Ms. Marvel, Ares, Iron Man, Wonder Man, and Sentry while remaining unharmed.

Regenerative Healing Factor: Despite his nigh invulnerability, it is possible to injure Blue Marvel. If injured, his body is capable of quickly repairing damaged tissue with much greater speed and efficiency than the normal human body.

Superhuman Reflexes: Blue Marvel reflexes are superior to those of the finest human athletes. He's capable of catching bullets and dodging projectiles.

Superhuman Agility: Blue Marvel's natural balance, agility, and body coordination are enhanced to levels that are far beyond the natural physical limits of even the finest human athlete.

Superhuman Stamina: Blue Marvel's enhanced musculature is far more efficient than that of a humans. His muscles produces very no fatigue toxins, thereby granting limitless stamina.

Self-Sustenance: Blue Marvel can survive in harsh environments without air, food, or water. He's also able to survive in the deepest parts of the ocean and unaided in space.

Superhuman Speed: Blue Marvel is capable of thinking, moving, and reacting vastly faster than any normal human being. He's shown to be fast enough to keep up with Sentry.

Even at high speeds, Blue Marvel can turn at right angles.
Even at high speeds, Blue Marvel can turn at right angles.

Flight: Blue Marvel flies by manipulation of gravitons, manipulation of magnetic fields, control of his absolute molecular movement, and utilizing his superhuman speed. He can fly far beyond supersonic speeds, reach speeds of at least escape velocity (7 miles per second), and has been seen flying into space unaided under his own power. He's also been seen flying to the moon in minutes, and not appear to be in a hurry.

Superhuman Sense: Blue Marvel possesses sensory abilities that exceed far above normal human capabilities.

• Enhanced Vision: Blue Marvel can see down to the quark level.
  • Enhanced Sense of Smell
  • Enhanced Sense of Taste
  • Enhanced Hearing
  • Enhanced Sense of Touch
  • Enhanced Mental Perception: Blue Marvel possesses the ability to sense & comprehend things on levels that far exceed human capabilities.

Energy Manipulation: Blue Marvel was able to re-arrange the photons inside Spectrum's, to stop the anti-photons from destroying her body, thus making her stronger and more powerful. Afterwards, she was strong enough to take down a tiny shadow of Shuma Gorath.

Blue Marvel not only healed Monica Rambeau, but further boosted her electromagnetic abilities, through use of his Anti-Matter powers.
Blue Marvel not only healed Monica Rambeau, but further boosted her electromagnetic abilities, through use of his Anti-Matter powers.

Molecular Manipulation: Blue Marvel is able to affect matter at a molecular level with a great degree of precision and control. He displayed this ability, when he not only healed Monica Rambeau, but further boosted her electromagnetic abilities. It is not known if this power is limited to electromagnetic particles only, or if Blue Marvel is able to affect all matter, allowing him to alter an object's molecular composition or transmute elements.

Light Generation: Blue Marvel has exhibited the ability literally "create his own light". He can control its direction, intensity, and duration.

Longevity: Blue Marvel ages at a vastly slower rate than normal humans. Because of this, his life-span is greatly expanded. Despite being centuries old, Blue Marvel remains at his physical prime.

Blue Marvel is a relatively new character to the Marvel Universe, making his debut in 2008, but that does not mean he is lacking power. he has traded blows with some of Marvel's greatest powerhouses, including Sentry and Hyperion. He's beaten Anti-Man, who has beaten the whole roster of the Mighty Avengers, including Ares, Sentry, and Iron Man.

He's smart, can create energy himself, and is undeniably one of Marvel's strongest heroes.

Thor would be a step-up from Blue Marvel's usual battling, but he does have the power and ability to take him out.

Strategies:

• One way for Adam to defeat Thor would be to alter his molecular makeup, weakening or completely destroying him
  • Blue Marvel IS indeed stronger than Thor - while he may not be overall more powerful - his pure physical strength is greater. He could use this to his advantage greatly, and by also using his immense invulnerability, could outlast Thor, tanking his attacks, and ultimately defeat him by pure strength.
  • A major factor that could help Blue Marvel win could be removing Mjolnir, the biggest threat, from the fight. A big portion of Thor's power is due to Mjolnir, so by using his beams and force bolts, as well as his energy-enhanced strikes, he could take Mjolnir out of the fight, which would give him a fairly easy win. Removing Mjolnir will be very difficult, but by confusing Thor by using these long-ranged and enhanced attacks, he could do so and then beat Thor until the fight is concluded. Another way to remove the hammer would be through his energy pulses, possibly putting Thor into a temporary or slightly unconscious state.
  • Blue Marvel could also defeat Thor by using his super speed and energy shields to block and dodge attacks from Thor continuously, until he can ultimately take him out.

Wells, that's all for now.

You're up, @heirtothekingdom.

depinhom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Avatar image for deactivated-5a08a02678f1f
deactivated-5a08a02678f1f

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This... is going to be painful.

depinhom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@shiryu said:

Why?

Yeah. Did I mess up?

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@depinhom said:
@llehdevil said:
@shiryu said:

Why?

Yeah. Did I mess up?

Oh, man... no. That was one of those things I'm supposed to think instead of actually post.

I just know there's a heavy bias against BM and I'm not sure how that factors into CaV votes.

depinhom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@shiryu said:
@depinhom said:
@llehdevil said:
@shiryu said:

Why?

Yeah. Did I mess up?

Oh, man... no. That was one of those things I'm supposed to think instead of post.

I just know there's a heavy bias against BM and I'm not sure how that factors into CaV votes.

Bias how?

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@depinhom said:
@shiryu said:
@depinhom said:
@llehdevil said:
@shiryu said:

Why?

Yeah. Did I mess up?

Oh, man... no. That was one of those things I'm supposed to think instead of post.

Bias how?

Idk. Seems like people don't like him. Maybe I'm exaggerating. Hopefully I'm exaggerating.

Sorry. Won't interrupt like this again.

depinhom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@shiryu said:
@depinhom said:
@shiryu said:
@depinhom said:
@llehdevil said:
@shiryu said:

Why?

Yeah. Did I mess up?

Bias how?

Idk. Seems like people don't like him. Maybe I'm exaggerating. Hopefully I'm exaggerating.

No, no, it's fine. I don't mind your opinion. i kind of agree, actually. I am a HUGE Blue Marvel fan and it bothers me when people CONSTANTLY act like he is tiers above Sentry or incredibly superior.

depinhom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

depinhom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

depinhom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By depinhom

@depinhom said:
@shiryu said:
@depinhom said:
@shiryu said:
@depinhom said:
@llehdevil said:
@shiryu said:

Why?

Yeah. Did I mess up?

Bias how?

No, no, it's fine. I don't mind your opinion. i kind of agree, actually. I am a HUGE Blue Marvel fan and it bothers me when people CONSTANTLY act like he is tiers above Sentry or incredibly superior.

EDIT: CRAP! I meant BELOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

@depinhom: people say he is above Sent? Pfft.

BELOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Sorry!

depinhom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@depinhom: he is below, I cant wait to see what happens in this debate but Sentry is a monster.

I'm not necessarily saying Blue Marvel is higher, but people don't give him enough credit. He's gone toe-to-toe with him until basically a stalemate and beat Anti-Man (who beat Sentry).

SpaceMadman174

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

spiderbuck1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@shiryu said:
@depinhom said:
@llehdevil said:
@shiryu said:

Why?

Yeah. Did I mess up?

Oh, man... no. That was one of those things I'm supposed to think instead of actually post.

I like BM

Nelomaxwell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This looks good.

depinhom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

depinhom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

HeirToTheKingdom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

HeirToTheKingdom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Lvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 50

User Lists: 18

Tag for votes, I'll want to see how this turns out.

HeirToTheKingdom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Post #1: Introduction To The God Of Thunder

Initial Thoughts: I'm not too sure these two have actually had any interactions with each other as in fights or dialogue among each other. I know their respective teams have fought one another when the Avengers went bad and the New Avengers had to take them down, however the two didn't actually have any interactions. This should be a pretty cool match-up seeing as how the two have never fought, so we will be speculating pretty much everything from here on out. I personally believe Blue Marvel can give Thor a fight, however I believe Thor has him beat in most areas throughout this fight (strength, durability, versatility, overall power, ect).

No Caption Provided

This is pretty much my typical opener I use for all CaV/tournaments I have with Thor, so if it looks similar to others, that's why.

Powers & Abilities:

Thor has a plethora of abilities, though I am aware not all of them will come into play due to Thor's fighting style, not to mention some of them are out-dated. Even so, he has quite a deal of abilities that could come into play against Blue Marvel. These will all be addressed as the debate goes on.

No Caption Provided

• Super human strength: Thor possesses tremendous amounts of physical strength which allows him to accomplish feats which many in the Marvel universe couldn't replicate. 100 ton+++ range.
  • Invulnerability: Thor is capable of taking loads of punishment.
  • Superhuman speed: Though Thor isn't exactly as fast as most characters in his tier, he's still quite fast in his own regard.
  • Superhuman stamina: Thor's stamina is incredibly high to the point where he can fight for days or even months.
  • Weather manipulation: Against what many may believe, Thor can control the weather without the use of his hammer Mjolnir.
  • Earth manipulation: Due to Thor's mother Gaea being the Goddess of earth, Thor has control over it (though to a lesser degree).

Here you may find additional information.

No Caption Provided

Like I said above, Thor has abilities that come from his hammer that he wouldn't have on his own. Some of those powers and abilities that will play a role in this battle are presented below. Keep in mind, his hammer also enhances other abilities above to a greater degree.

• Flight: Thor is unable to fly on his own. He relies on spinning Mjolnir and then holding upon the handle to carry him where he wishes to go.
  • Energy projection: Mjolnir allows Thor to release powerful blasts of energy from it.
  • Energy absorption: Mjolnir is able to absorb large quantities of energy whether it be from an energy source, blast, or even the energy out of being.
  • God Blast: Thor can release his own godly energies into a blast.
  • Tracking: The hammer can also track energies from long distances away.
  • Opening portals: Mjolnir is able to open portals to get him from one spot to another.

Here is more info on the hammer of Thor, Mjolnir.

Final Thoughts:

Personally I am going to end my opener there, I want get into strategies and such now because I feel that should be left for our second post. Hopefully your next post shows what Adam is bringing to this battle that can allow him to overcome Thor. My next post will certainly be bringing all of that into the mix, so let's see what you got!

You're up, @depinhom

Avatar image for deactivated-6241fa3a1cff5
deactivated-6241fa3a1cff5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Damn, this look's like it's getting good...

depinhom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@heirtothekingdom: Nice job! (I was actually unaware that Thor was capable of some of those things without Mjolnir).

Thor's hammer, however, is very useful, and if Blue Marvel can get rid of it, he's much more likely to win.

By creating a pulse of energy, he could render Thor unconscious or cause the hammer to temporarily leave his hands (giving Adam a shot):

No Caption Provided

This blast was strong enough to destroy Conner and would severely damage Thor.

• Superhuman speed: Though Thor isn't exactly as fast as most characters in his tier, he's still quite fast in his own regard.

Thor may be fast, but Blue Marvel is capable of incredibly high speeds and can even turn right angles.

No Caption Provided

• Super human strength: Thor possesses tremendous amounts of physical strength which allows him to accomplish feats which many in the Marvel universe couldn't replicate. 100 ton+++ range.

Obviously, this is true, but I think it's safe to say he is not as strong as Blue Marvel. In this next scan, we see Blue Marvel lifting an asteroid the size of ARKANSAS.

No Caption Provided

Arkansas is 53, 179 mi squared and has a population of over 2.966 million. As you can see in the photo of him lifting it, he is not even straining or intensely struggling.

No Caption Provided

Above we see Blue Marvel creating a massive gash in the moon from pure strength.

And below we see his ability to withstand punches from the man who has the power of "a million exploding suns".

No Caption Provided

Blue Marvel is clearly quick enough to avoid Thor's attacks, certainly invulnerable enough to tank any of his hits or strikes, and obviously strong enough to incapacitate him or knock him out. Add in his intensive blast power and Thor won't be able to get back up. Thor's energy blasts also won't do much due to Adam's ability to absorb energy. That's how Thor will lose.

Avatar image for atheistknowledge
AtheistKnowledge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lvenger said:

Tag for votes, I'll want to see how this turns out.

I dunno about you but this CAV pains me... just look at the opening statement for BM... several things stated are flat out false...

Ugh... and people wonder why others have a problem with BM...

I honestly can't watch this...

HeirToTheKingdom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By HeirToTheKingdom
Avatar image for atheistknowledge
AtheistKnowledge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

HeirToTheKingdom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By HeirToTheKingdom
uugieboogie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@heirtothekingdom: T4V and I didn't know you were NWO, I was wondering what happened to you

HeirToTheKingdom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@uugieboogie: Haha, will do. I disappeared and then reappeared :P