Spite IMO.

Sufferthorn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#3  Edited By Sufferthorn

Storm takes this. Carnage has no real way of reaching her, and will just get pummeled from the Air.

Phylos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#4  Edited By Phylos

hmm, carnage might be able to take storm. 
im sure he can close 34 feet with ease before she takes flight & starts manipulating the weather.

rmsb1984

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By rmsb1984

If spidy can defeat Carnage then I don't see any reason why Storm wont beat him easily even it's a 30 ft distance match

Skaddix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Skaddix

Storm just has to think to use her powers. I am thinking she can think lightning bolt barrage and tornado before carnage gets there.

Joygirl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 43

#7  Edited By Joygirl

I already tried this with Venom. If he can't do it Carnage certainly can't. Yes, yes, he's stronger and faster, but not as crafty with the symbiote. That would have been his only chance, camouflage/stealth. But Storm is uber-omega and stealthproof.

EpitomeofCool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#8  Edited By EpitomeofCool

storm...she can fly and use her ranged attacks...

Marco_Kidd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Marco_Kidd

If Carnage closed the gap then he'd butcher Storm, however he cant close the gap Storm will just fly up and barage him with lighting bolts.

jhazzroucher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#10  Edited By jhazzroucher

Can very loud thunder affect the symbiote?

Avatar image for magnetictempest
MagneticTempest

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By MagneticTempest

Storm wins the majority, but that doesn't mean that Carnage is incapable of killing her one of these days.

jhazzroucher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By jhazzroucher

@Enzeru said:

@jhazzroucher said:

I don't think so.

Carnage should win the fight.
The thing is ... Carnage is ruthless. If the area would be populated (it's not stated in the OP), he would simply grab innocent bystanders and use them as human shields. I want to see Storm attacking him then :-X She wouldn't do it and he would have the opportunity to attack her - after one pierce through her heart it would be over. If the area would be unpopulated, then I don't know who would win. Probably Storm, because Carnage would try to rush her, like he is nearly always doing it. But he is dangerous - I'm sure that he can fire his symbiote spikes or tentacles 34 foot away. One pierce and she would be dead - so she would have to do everything to prevent him from attacking her and try to nuke him down with her lightning bolts. He could also start throwing cars at her, do everything to distract her to get one clear shot and then it would be over. But I don't know if he would be patient enough for that - probably not.

i see. cos i thought a loud noise can affect the symbiote. So i was wrong.

Hmmm... How can Carnage hide when Storm can sense her surroundings? can Carnage actually dodge a lightning strike considering that they're just 34 feet apart? Does Carnage still need to breathe? can Storm flashfreeze an object 34 feet away from her?

InnerVenom123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#14  Edited By InnerVenom123

@jhazzroucher said:

@Enzeru said:

@jhazzroucher said:

I don't think so.

The thing is ... Carnage is ruthless. If the area would be populated (it's not stated in the OP), he would simply grab innocent bystanders and use them as human shields. I want to see Storm attacking him then :-X She wouldn't do it and he would have the opportunity to attack her - after one pierce through her heart it would be over. If the area would be unpopulated, then I don't know who would win. Probably Storm, because Carnage would try to rush her, like he is nearly always doing it. But he is dangerous - I'm sure that he can fire his symbiote spikes or tentacles 34 foot away. One pierce and she would be dead - so she would have to do everything to prevent him from attacking her and try to nuke him down with her lightning bolts. He could also start throwing cars at her, do everything to distract her to get one clear shot and then it would be over. But I don't know if he would be patient enough for that - probably not.

Hmmm... How can Carnage hide when Storm can sense her surroundings? can Carnage actually dodge a lightning strike considering that they're just 34 feet apart? Does Carnage still need to breathe? can Storm flashfreeze an object 34 feet away from her?

The Carnage symbiote is resistant to sound, last I checked. But other symbiotes are not.

WARLOCK2792

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By WARLOCK2792

@Enzeru said:

@jhazzroucher said:

I don't think so.

Storm would win with or without bystanders. her lightning and wind powers are too much. This is the same chick that has created localized f5 tornadoes and hurricanes within an instant. Even his spikes stand little to no chance against her, considering she's eerily fast both on her feet, and in the sky. If he stops to throw a car at her, she could BFR him just like she did Hulk.

MagneticTempest

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By MagneticTempest
@jhazzroucher: Subsonic and hypersonic soundwaves can. Loud sounds like explosions and thunder can't.
jhazzroucher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By jhazzroucher

@InnerVenom123 said:

@jhazzroucher said:

@Enzeru said:

@jhazzroucher said:

I don't think so.

The Carnage symbiote is resistant to sound, last I checked. But other symbiotes are not.

i see. thanks for the clarification. how about Venom's symbiote by the way?

@MagneticTempest said:

@jhazzroucher: Subsonic and hypersonic soundwaves can. Loud sounds like explosions and thunder can't.

thanks.

InnerVenom123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By InnerVenom123

@jhazzroucher: The Venom symbiote's main weakness is sound.

MagneticTempest

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By MagneticTempest

And Carnage just like Venom can turn invisible, so I don't know how Storm will be able to sense him if Spiderman or Wolverine can't.

MagneticTempest

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By MagneticTempest

But Magnetism is the only power that can really kill them.

jhazzroucher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By jhazzroucher

@MagneticTempest said:

lol.: )

@MagneticTempest said:

And Carnage just like Venom can turn invisible, so I don't know how Storm will be able to sense him if Spiderman or Wolverine can't.

Even Storm who was in africa hit the x-jet flying over the usa with a lightning bolt. so i believe Storm can sense them still

MagneticTempest

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By MagneticTempest
@jhazzroucher said:

@MagneticTempest said:

@MagneticTempest said:

Even Storm who was in africa hit the x-jet flying over the usa with a lightning bolt. so i believe Storm can sense them still

Was she sensing them through the air or was she sensing them through it's electronics because Carnage is non electrical conductive. 
InnerVenom123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By InnerVenom123

@Enzeru said:

@jhazzroucher said:

The Venom symbiote has supersonics and fire as it's weakness. The same goes for the Carnage symbiote, but that symbiote can endure more pain, because it's stronger. The same goes for the Toxin symbiote, who can also endure more pain then the Carnage symbiote. The Anti-Venom symbiote (well, it's not really a symbiote) is totally immune to fire and supersonics.

We can only assume Toxin is more resistant. He never actually had to deal with any fire/sonics in his debut issues or his mini-series (basically, in any of his appearances so far).

MagneticTempest

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By MagneticTempest

An F5 tornado is not going to hurt Carnage.

jhazzroucher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By jhazzroucher

@MagneticTempest said:

An F5 tornado is not going to hurt Carnage.

but it does stop him from doing anything.

@Enzeru said:

@jhazzroucher said:
The Venom symbiote has supersonics and fire as it's weakness.
The same goes for the Carnage symbiote, but that symbiote can endure more pain, because it's stronger.
The same goes for the Toxin symbiote, who can also endure more pain then the Carnage symbiote.
The Anti-Venom symbiote (well, it's not really a symbiote) is totally immune to fire and supersonics.

@White Mage said:

Storm would win with or without bystanders. her lightning and wind powers are too much. This is the same chick that has created localized f5 tornadoes and hurricanes within an instant. Even his spikes stand little to no chance against her, considering she's eerily fast both on her feet, and in the sky. If he stops to throw a car at her, she could BFR him just like she did Hulk.
That doesn't make any sense. If Carnage would grab a mother with her child, Storm wouldn't try anything to attack him further, because that would also kill the hostages for sure. And no ... Carnage is faster then even Spider-Man and Venom, so Storm would have some really hard PIS-time avoiding Carnage's attacks. She may be able to BFR him, but it would probably be harder then BFR'ing the Hulk, since Carnage is faster and the symbiote would instantly anchor itself to the ground. Carnage is a 50 tonner. Storm would have to mobilize winds strong enough to move these 50 tons and that again would be a huge threat to the entire area with the bystanders. Storm has morals, Carnage does not. Even with morals off, I don't see Storm using such attacks to remove Carnage from the battlefield or simply risk human lives at all. Even without morals and bloodlusted, she wouldn't do it, because it would be so damn out of her character. Killing enemies while being bloodlusted and having the morals off, yeah for sure - but doing more then that. I don't think so.

I think Storm can control her lightning as to who should only be hurt by it. But i'm not sure. Hulk is a strong dude but still swept away by her wind bursts. I've seen Storm control her powers just to destroy a sentinel and not hurt any bystanders and it happened in the city filled with people on the streets and buildings.

@MagneticTempest said:

@jhazzroucher said:

@MagneticTempest said:

@MagneticTempest said:

Was she sensing them through the air or was she sensing them through it's electronics because Carnage is non electrical conductive.

Storm can sense abnormal air movements

MagneticTempest

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By MagneticTempest
@jhazzroucher said:

And how does she strain her mind to focus in and utilize this ability?
jhazzroucher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By jhazzroucher

@MagneticTempest said:

@jhazzroucher said:

And how does she strain her mind to focus in and utilize this ability?

it's easy for her to do it, especially in a short distance.

And we shouldn't question Storm's speed. Storm has flew as fast as a jet so i don't think Carnage's speed gives him an advantage

the darknessss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By the darknessss

storms sends down huge lightning bolts from the start,flys high up creates winds so powerful it sucks hin into outer space.

weaponmaster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By weaponmaster

@MagneticTempest said:

Hypersonic and subsonic have to do with speed. Hypersonic means faster than the speed of sound and subsonic means slower than the speed of sound. Soundwaves cannot be hypersonic or subsonic, they can only be sonic i.e sound waves move at the speed of sound.

The terminologies that you are erroneously referring to are infrasonic and ultrasonic. The symbiote can be affected by sounds between each of these frequency ranges as well.

Thunderclaps will indeed affect the symbiote adversely.

vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 27

User Lists: 2

#31  Edited By vance_astro  Moderator

Storm and Carnage aren't in the same league.She way beyond him.

MagneticTempest

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By MagneticTempest
@weaponmaster said:

@MagneticTempest said:

Hypersonic and subsonic have to do with speed. Hypersonic means faster than the speed of sound and subsonic means slower than the speed of sound. Soundwaves cannot be hypersonic or subsonic, they can only be sonic i.e sound waves move at the speed of sound.

The terminologies that you are erroneously referring to are infrasonic and ultrasonic. The symbiote can be affected by sounds between each of these frequency ranges as well.

http://www.andybrain.com/2004/sound-weapons-are-a-reality-and-no-earplugs-wont-help/ 

Some earlier sound weapons simply caused pain from high decibel noises (like Mariah Carey), or generated severe nausea using subsonics (subsonic or infrasonic noise is defined as any sound whose frequency is less than 20 Hz, like Barry White’s voice).

The human body does not react well to extremely low frequency noises: Certain low frequencies can cause sickness, balance problems and discomfort and pain to soft tissues and organs. At higher energy levels, a subsonic shock wave is powerful enough to do damage.

Previous limitations on this technology included massive amounts of power needed to run a weapon of this type, and the physical size of the device itself (subsonic sound weapons fire such low-frequency sound waves, the gun aperture itself has to be large in order to generate the “noise”).

I missplaced Ultra Sonic sounds with Hypersonic speed. That's my bad.
weaponmaster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By weaponmaster

@MagneticTempest said:

@weaponmaster said:

@MagneticTempest said:

http://www.andybrain.com/2004/sound-weapons-are-a-reality-and-no-earplugs-wont-help/

Some earlier sound weapons simply caused pain from high decibel noises (like Mariah Carey), or generated severe nausea using subsonics (subsonic or infrasonic noise is defined as any sound whose frequency is less than 20 Hz, like Barry White’s voice).

The human body does not react well to extremely low frequency noises: Certain low frequencies can cause sickness, balance problems and discomfort and pain to soft tissues and organs. At higher energy levels, a subsonic shock wave is powerful enough to do damage.

Previous limitations on this technology included massive amounts of power needed to run a weapon of this type, and the physical size of the device itself (subsonic sound weapons fire such low-frequency sound waves, the gun aperture itself has to be large in order to generate the “noise”).

Ok. So you and the author of that article used words out of context: both subsonic and hypersonic. Subsonic has nothing to do with frequencies as is erroneously stated in the above article.

Misplaced huh? You simply used the wrong words after reading an article where the author used the wrong words as well and was not very knowledgeable. It was not a case of misplacement but was a case of perpetuated misinformation.

jhazzroucher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By jhazzroucher

@Vance Astro said:

Storm and Carnage aren't in the same league.She way beyond him.

i agree with you on this.

xmenfallen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By xmenfallen

carnage has a tiny chance in winning this match................................. storm has way more weapons under her sleeves to take him out .... a 3 strike lightning might do the trick

MagneticTempest

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By MagneticTempest
@weaponmaster said:

@MagneticTempest said:

@weaponmaster said:

@MagneticTempest said:

Ok. So you and the author of that article used words out of context: both subsonic and hypersonic. Subsonic has nothing to do with frequencies as is erroneously stated in the above article.

Misplaced huh? You simply used the wrong words after reading an article where the author used the wrong words as well and was not very knowledgeable. It was not a case of misplacement but was a case of perpetuated misinformation.

You know it's misplaced, because we are talking about sounds, and not speed. 

The symboites are vulnerable to ultra low frequency "subsonic" sounds and ultra high frequency sounds. 

Black Cat uses a sonic sound gun to weaken Venom.

Venom wields the sonic gun himself, since he doesn’t trust anyone else on the team. The sacrifice is pointed out via the symbiote glove painfully peeling away from his hand as it keeps pressure on the trigger.

And the reason why no one else is being affected by these "sub sonic and ultra sonic" sounds is because it is out of the human ears range of hearing.
Avatar image for jonny_anonymous
Jonny_Anonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 32

#38  Edited By Jonny_Anonymous

So wait does sound hurt Carnage or not?

MagneticTempest

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By MagneticTempest
@spiderbat87 said:
So wait does sound hurt Carnage or not?
Not alot. Why? Well its pretty obvious.... He had a Love affair with Shriek. 
Shriek's power of "Sonic sounds" exercised his pain of sounds, so in other words.... He's gotten used to it.
weaponmaster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By weaponmaster

@MagneticTempest said:

@weaponmaster said:

@MagneticTempest said:

@weaponmaster said:

@MagneticTempest said:

You know it's misplaced, because we are talking about sounds, and not speed.

The symboites are vulnerable to ultra low frequency "subsonic" sounds and ultra high frequency sounds.

Black Cat uses a sonic sound gun to weaken Venom.

Venom wields the sonic gun himself, since he doesn’t trust anyone else on the team. The sacrifice is pointed out via the symbiote glove painfully peeling away from his hand as it keeps pressure on the trigger.

And the reason why no one else is being affected by these "sub sonic and ultra sonic" sounds is because it is out of the human ears range of hearing.

Your first post and chart are irrelevant as you did not know that subsonic and hypersonic referred to speed in the first place until i informed you.

There is no such thing as sub-sonic sound. sound travels at the speed of sound. period.

The Symbiotes are vulnerable to sound. It does not have to be infrasonic nor ultrasonic.

Again, subsonic means below the speed of sound. it has nothing to do with the frequency or range of hearing. You are still confused and in error.

Putting subsonic in quotes does not make it's use any less erroneous on your part.

The reason noone is being affected is because the sound is uni-directional. it being infrasonic or ultrasonic is simply you being wrong. if they were either infrasonic or ultrasonic there would be no "skree' or "pyong" or "skrzzzz" sounds.

Avatar image for deactivated-60d8e8271946e
deactivated-60d8e8271946e

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 5

Storm.   

Her lightning is too fast and her winds are too strong.

weaponmaster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By weaponmaster

Carnage leaps at Storm or shoots out tendrils etc at her and she does this:

No Caption Provided
Billy Batson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#43  Edited By Billy Batson

Storm...
BB

Avatar image for marvelrulestheworld
MarvelRulesTheWorld

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Hmm... I believe some have either forgotten or haven't read when Carnage fought the X-Men. 

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

No Caption Provided

It usually takes team work for the X-Men to beat these guys.

Avatar image for killer_of_trolls
Killer_of_trolls

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By Killer_of_trolls
@MagneticTempest
if you were keeping up with with the history of events before and after the V-Symbiote landed on earth, you'de know that they are based on on Spidey's, that's why spiderman can't since any of them. 
and Wolvie's only way of "sincing", is his inhanced hearing and smeling. 

but Storm actually has something resembling a 6th sinse. 

anyway, Storm wins this, not even the hulk had a chance with her in comics.
Avatar image for deactivated-60d8e8271946e
deactivated-60d8e8271946e

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 5

@Rapest_of_super_heros: Don't be ridiculous, Hulk would destroy Storm.
Avatar image for killer_of_trolls
Killer_of_trolls

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By Killer_of_trolls
@comicdude23
but I think that already happened, I don't really remmember in what book or issue. she mannaged to incapacitae him for a decent while.
Avatar image for thecheesestabber
TheCheeseStabber

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 2

#48  Edited By TheCheeseStabber

@MarvelRulesTheWorld: what comic is that from o.o

LordOfFate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49  Edited By LordOfFate

Unless, his tentacle moves faster then Cyke's optic blast or Thor's hammer....I say Storm takes this. If he was standing closer, I can see him taking this.

No Caption Provided
Mortein

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50  Edited By Mortein

Carnage should be able to react much faster then storm. He fires sharp piece of symbiot in her face and kills her.