How?
TheGuy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#203  Edited By TheGuy
@Static Shock: The Cambodian was another time, the X- ionixed sword cut through everything. 

Still, the surfer wins because Atom won't be able to keep up. If he tries to absorb a pounding from SS he's gonna Quantum Jump and BFR himself.
Static Shock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#204  Edited By Static Shock
@TheGuy said:
" @Static Shock: The Cambodian was another time, the X- ionixed sword cut through everything.
That too.
Tian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#205  Edited By Tian
@Static Shock:  

@Static Shock

said:

" @SilverGalford said:

" @Static Shock: I thought he was the suit "

You have him confused with the cartoon version. He's flesh and blood under it.  
Nathaniel Adams Silver Skin is suppose to be a part of him, not a costume.  
He is described as to have   Dilustel skin, not a Dilustel suit
Static Shock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#206  Edited By Static Shock
@Tian said:
 Nathaniel Adams Silver Skin is suppose to be a part of him, not a costume.  He is described as to have   Dilustel skin, not a Dilustel suit "
I know that, smart guy. SilverGalford thought that he was just the suit, like he's portrayed in the JLU cartoon. The picture I posted was to show him that he's a normal man under his silver skin, as shown in the comics.  Why are you trying to correct me? I know the character 100%
Tian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#207  Edited By Tian
@Static Shock:  
Because both of you have been referring to it as a suit, and have been using the term "suit" when it's his skin.
Static Shock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#208  Edited By Static Shock
@Tian said:
" @Static Shock:  Because both of you have been referring to it as a suit, and have been using the term "suit" when it's his skin. "
Suit. Skin. Armor. Doesn't matter. They are all the same and others in comics have referred to it as either one of those things.
rbysjti

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#209  Edited By rbysjti

I think Captain Atom has an advantage due to energy absorbing abilities

Static Shock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#210  Edited By Static Shock
@rbysjti said:
" I think Captain Atom has an advantage due to energy absorbing abilities "
That won't help him win against the Surfer. Captain Atom could take a few wins based on the scenario, but Silver Surfer is more powerful than he is.
rbysjti

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#211  Edited By rbysjti
@Static Shock said:

" @rbysjti said:

" I think Captain Atom has an advantage due to energy absorbing abilities "
That won't help him win against the Surfer. Captain Atom could take a few wins based on the scenario, but Silver Surfer is more powerful than he is. "

can't be. Considering that Silver Surfer follows Galactus and Galactus gave him powers would mean he's less powerful than Galactus. If Silver Surfer is more powerful than Captain Atom, then there isn't really a big gap. And once again, since Captain Atom can absorb energies, that would literally make him stronger.
Static Shock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#212  Edited By Static Shock
@rbysjti: I would have to think so. Being less powerful than Galactus doesn't mean Surfer pales in comparison to Captain Atom. The gap may not be that large, though. Captain Atom can absorb energy, but so can the Silver Surfer. When Atom absorbs energy, it doesn't make him stronger. The energy is transferred to the flow of the Quantum Field.
rbysjti

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#213  Edited By rbysjti
@Static Shock said:

" @rbysjti: I would have to think so. Being less powerful than Galactus doesn't mean Surfer pales in comparison to Captain Atom. The gap may not be that large, though. Captain Atom can absorb energy, but so can the Silver Surfer. When Atom absorbs energy, it doesn't make him stronger. The energy is transferred to the flow of the Quantum Field. "

well i guess i have to read more about Captain Atom to check if you're right. hehehe. joke!",)
Static Shock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#214  Edited By Static Shock
@rbysjti said:
" well i guess i have to read more about Captain Atom to check if you're right.

Read the panel to the right.
 Read the panel to the right.
BattleMage

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#215  Edited By BattleMage

Surfer

Avatar image for supermandefender
supermandefender

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This fight can go either way I believe. Captain Atom is stronger and i can see him getting a knock out win. Silver Surfer would problly win more times than not though. But fight could go either way.

Supreme Cosmic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#217  Edited By Supreme Cosmic

Might be a close fight only because of Norrin's kind nature. He won't use the power cosmic the way he could've

Avatar image for lordofthebrocean
lordofthebrocean

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Atom pulls out a close, yet hard fought win.

Surge2477

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#219  Edited By Surge2477

The Surfer wins this contest after a fight that leaves both Surfer & Atom at deaths door.
Push

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#220  Edited By Push

I wouldn't class Atom, as good as he is, Herald level, unless it's Wildstorm Atom, who's the closest.
Static Shock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#221  Edited By Static Shock
@Push said:
" I wouldn't class Atom, as good as he is, Herald level, unless it's Wildstorm Atom, who's the closest. "
Wildstorm Atom = DC Atom. Only difference between them is the universe-destroying Void power within his body at the end of arc. Other than that, DC Atom isn't different from Wildstorm Atom.
Push

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#222  Edited By Push
@Static Shock said:
" @Push said:
" I wouldn't class Atom, as good as he is, Herald level, unless it's Wildstorm Atom, who's the closest. "
Wildstorm Atom = DC Atom. Only difference between them is the universe-destroying Void power within his body at the end of arc. Other than that, DC Atom isn't different from Wildstorm Atom."

exactly, hence why I stated WS atom, cause he is different, power wise, from standard Atom, cause of the power difference cause of Void that he absorbed.  Same person, obviously, but much more powerfull than classic/standard Atom, at the beginning of that series.
Static Shock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#223  Edited By Static Shock
@Push said:
"Same person, obviously, but much more powerfull than classic/standard Atom, at the beginning of that series. "
Actually, he wasn't exactly 'more powerful' until the end of the series. Before that, he wasn't different from the original Atom.
Push

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#224  Edited By Push
@Static Shock said:
" @Push said:
"Same person, obviously, but much more powerfull than classic/standard Atom, at the beginning of that series. "
Actually, he wasn't exactly 'more powerful' until the end of the series. Before that, he wasn't different from the original Atom. "

Yeah, I know that, hence, WS Atom, referring to what hapend to him in that series.  Just making a point. I think your trying to disect it a little too much Static.
Static Shock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#225  Edited By Static Shock
@Push said:

"Yeah, I know that, hence, WS Atom, referring to what hapend to him in that series.  Just making a point. I think your trying to disect it a little too much Static. "

I'm not trying to discredit you, but I get the feeling that you're trying to say Wildstorm Atom was more powerful that DC Atom throughout the whole mini-series, when in fact, Wildstorm Atom (prior to Captain Atom Armageddon #9, when Apollo started the Void reaction in his body) was equal to DC Atom overall. I just don't want people thinking that he was able to do all those things in Armageddon because of the Void (prior to issue #9), when he's shown to do them as DC Atom also. The whole technopathy thing was new, but he claimed that Mr. Miracle taught it to him prior to coming to the Wildstorm universe.
Push

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#226  Edited By Push
@Static Shock said:
"@Push said:

"Yeah, I know that, hence, WS Atom, referring to what hapend to him in that series.  Just making a point. I think your trying to disect it a little too much Static. "

I'm not trying to discredit you, but I get the feeling that you're trying to say Wildstorm Atom was more powerful that DC Atom throughout the whole mini-series, when in fact, Wildstorm Atom (prior to Captain Atom Armageddon #9, when Apollo started the Void reaction in his body) was equal to DC Atom overall. I just don't want people thinking that he was able to do all those things in Armageddon because of the Void (prior to issue #9), when he's shown to do them as DC Atom also. The whole technopathy thing was new, but he claimed that Mr. Miracle taught it to him prior to coming to the Wildstorm universe. "

My apologies then, cause that's not what I meant or was saying. Again, I just stated WS Cap to differentiate the difference, without getting into the whole mini and breaking it down or saying Atom from issue ? of the WS series, is all.
JediXMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 16

#227  Edited By JediXMan  Moderator

I think Surfer could beat normal Captain Atom. While one would think Monarch would beat Surfer, I doubt it since he lost to Superman Prime (don't know the details, though). And Prime would lose to Surfer in my opinion. He's strong, but he doesn't impress me enough.

Static Shock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#228  Edited By Static Shock
@Push said:
""My apologies then, cause that's not what I meant or was saying. Again, I just stated WS Cap to differentiate the difference, without getting into the whole mini and breaking it down or saying Atom from issue ? of the WS series, is all. "
It's OK. My apologies for misinterpreting what you said. Sorry about that.
Static Shock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#229  Edited By Static Shock
@JediXMan said:
"While one would think Monarch would beat Surfer, I doubt it since he lost to Superman Prime (don't know the details, though).
Prime and Monarch both lost that fight, and even though Prime managed to rip open the Monarch Armor, they were both incapacitated by the explosion that leveled that entire universe. So, even though both Prime and Captain Atom both resurfaced, neither of them actually walked away from the fight immediately.
JediXMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#230  Edited By JediXMan  Moderator
@Static Shock said:
" @JediXMan said:
"While one would think Monarch would beat Surfer, I doubt it since he lost to Superman Prime (don't know the details, though).
Prime and Monarch both lost that fight, and even though Prime managed to rip open the Monarch Armor, they were both incapacitated by the explosion that leveled that entire universe. So, even though both Prime and Captain Atom both resurfaced, neither of them actually walked away from the fight immediately. "
Ok, fair enough. I'm unsure if Surfer could absorb that (doubt it), so perhaps he could stalemate Monarch as Prime did.

Again, I never read when that happened. It happened in Countdown, right? One of the canon parts? I considered reading it but I heard most of it was non-canon.
Push

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#231  Edited By Push
@Static Shock said:
" @Push said:
""My apologies then, cause that's not what I meant or was saying. Again, I just stated WS Cap to differentiate the difference, without getting into the whole mini and breaking it down or saying Atom from issue ? of the WS series, is all. "
It's OK. My apologies for misinterpreting what you said. Sorry about that."

all good dude.
Static Shock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#232  Edited By Static Shock
@JediXMan said:

"Ok, fair enough. I'm unsure if Surfer could absorb that (doubt it), so perhaps he could stalemate Monarch as Prime did. Again, I never read when that happened. It happened in Countdown, right? One of the canon parts? I considered reading it but I heard most of it was non-canon. "

It was in Countdown Arena. Other than that, all of Countdown was canon (to fill in the missing year that DC skipped for One Year Later). Countdown, on the other hand, was very confusing and it took place in a lot of different universes. As far as Surfer absorbing that explosion, well.... I want to think he can, for some reason. He once stated that he can absorb near-infinite amounts of energy (though, near-infinite doesn't make too much sense, because it's either finite or infinite, nothing in between), but there was an instance where he was overloaded and couldn't absorb anymore energy, according to his words. Don't know the validity of it though.
JediXMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#233  Edited By JediXMan  Moderator
@Static Shock said:
" @JediXMan said:

"Ok, fair enough. I'm unsure if Surfer could absorb that (doubt it), so perhaps he could stalemate Monarch as Prime did. Again, I never read when that happened. It happened in Countdown, right? One of the canon parts? I considered reading it but I heard most of it was non-canon. "

It was in Countdown Arena. Other than that, all of Countdown was canon (to fill in the missing year that DC skipped for One Year Later). Countdown, on the other hand, was very confusing and it took place in a lot of different universes. As far as Surfer absorbing that explosion, well.... I want to think he can, for some reason. He once stated that he can absorb near-infinite amounts of energy (though, near-infinite doesn't make too much sense, because it's either finite or infinite, nothing in between), but there was an instance where he was overloaded and couldn't absorb anymore energy, according to his words. Don't know the validity of it though. "
I thought Countdown led to Final Crisis? Or are there multiple Countdowns? 

I'm really unsure. Surfer suffers from a lot of CIS and WIS (WIS is my term, meaning Writer Induced Stupidity, like when the writer is simply bias or knows nothing about the characters)

I'm so glad you mentioned that thing about finite/infinite. Because it always irritates me when people toss the term "near-omnipotent" around. Omnipotent = infnite, near-omnipotence is impossible.
Push

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#234  Edited By Push
@Static Shock said:
"@JediXMan said:

It was in Countdown Arena. Other than that, all of Countdown was canon (to fill in the missing year that DC skipped for One Year Later). Countdown, on the other hand, was very confusing and it took place in a lot of different universes. As far as Surfer absorbing that explosion, well.... I want to think he can, for some reason. He once stated that he can absorb near-infinite amounts of energy (though, near-infinite doesn't make too much sense, because it's either finite or infinite, nothing in between), but there was an instance where he was overloaded and couldn't absorb anymore energy, according to his words. Don't know the validity of it though. "

Your thinking of 52, Static, which was after IC.  Countdown led into Final Crisis.  Does get a bit confusing lol  Not even sure Countdown or DOTNG is being considered canon these days, as alot of it  contradicted FC!
Static Shock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#235  Edited By Static Shock
@Push said:
"Your thinking of 52, Static, which was after IC.  Countdown led into Final Crisis.  Does get a bit confusing lol  Not even sure Countdown or DOTNG is being considered canon these days, as alot of it  contradicted FC! "

Oh. My mistake. LOL.

Static Shock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#236  Edited By Static Shock
@JediXMan said:
" I thought Countdown led to Final Crisis? Or are there multiple Countdowns?   I'm really unsure. Surfer suffers from a lot of CIS and WIS (WIS is my term, meaning Writer Induced Stupidity, like when the writer is simply bias or knows nothing about the characters) I'm so glad you mentioned that thing about finite/infinite. Because it always irritates me when people toss the term "near-omnipotent" around. Omnipotent = infnite, near-omnipotence is impossible. "
It does. I just got it confused with 52. But, yes, Countdown is followed by Final Crisis. Surfer does suffer from a lot of CIS and such, to the point where people like Dwayne McDuffie think it's alright to allow people like Storm and Black Panther to do what they did to him. But, I don't follow Surfer consistently, so I don't know where his energy absorption stands. 

Atom, however, has the ability to absorb infinite amounts of energy, but must regulate his absorption rate to avoid exceeding that rate and Quantum jump, as a result. So, he can only absorb infinite amounts of energy if he absorbs it slowly. But, because of Surfer's cosmic awareness, he could figure this out and use it to his advantage. 
JediXMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#237  Edited By JediXMan  Moderator
@Static Shock said:
" @JediXMan said:
" I thought Countdown led to Final Crisis? Or are there multiple Countdowns?   I'm really unsure. Surfer suffers from a lot of CIS and WIS (WIS is my term, meaning Writer Induced Stupidity, like when the writer is simply bias or knows nothing about the characters) I'm so glad you mentioned that thing about finite/infinite. Because it always irritates me when people toss the term "near-omnipotent" around. Omnipotent = infnite, near-omnipotence is impossible. "
It does. I just got it confused with 52. But, yes, Countdown is followed by Final Crisis. Surfer does suffer from a lot of CIS and such, to the point where people like Dwayne McDuffie think it's alright to allow people like Storm and Black Panther to do what they did to him. But, I don't follow Surfer consistently, so I don't know where his energy absorption stands.   Atom, however, has the ability to absorb infinite amounts of energy, but must regulate his absorption rate to avoid exceeding that rate and Quantum jump, as a result. So, he can only absorb infinite amounts of energy if he absorbs it slowly. But, because of Surfer's cosmic awareness, he could figure this out and use it to his advantage.  "
Ah, got it. I read 52 and loved it. Now I'm considering reading Countdown, but I'm not sure how canon it is.

.... please don't mention that thing with Black Panther. It is to be forgotten and never spoken of.

The thing is that Surfer is inconsistent. Didn't he absorb the Crunch? (Crunch? was that it? Been awhile since I read Annihilation)
Push

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#238  Edited By Push

No, ss didn't absorb it, he used it (the crunch)  to absorb Aegis and the other one?
Static Shock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#239  Edited By Static Shock
@Push said:
" No, ss didn't absorb it, he used it (the crunch)  to absorb Aegis and the other one? "
Tenembrous. I think.
CosmicSpiral

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#240  Edited By CosmicSpiral

Tenebrous. 

Push

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#241  Edited By Push

Yeah, that's him, Tenebrous.  Thanx guys. 

Avatar image for lordofthebrocean
lordofthebrocean

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Giving the win to Captain Atom

Static Shock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#243  Edited By Static Shock
@lordofthebrocean said:
" Giving the win to Captain Atom "
Why do you choose Captain Atom?
Avatar image for supermandefender
supermandefender

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Static Shock:
I think Surfer is getting alittle bit too much credit. Surfers powers are amazing and while he can absorb enegry and some Quantum enegry from Monarch. Monarchs powers would be just too overwelming for the Silver Surfer to handle. Surfer became a flying time bomb after absorbing the enegry from 1 sun. His armor was damaged from a Supernova in Reqiuem. I dont think I need to go on...he wouldnt survive a universal ending explosion. And he could not absorb all of that. Possiblly Galactus..........and thats questionable.  

Static...do you really believe Surfer can absorb that much enegry???????

Superman Prime...owns Surfer.....Monarch owns Surfer.  
Surfer is on the same power class as Superman and Captain Atom.  
...Im not talking about powers mind you....im talking about there strengths and durability.  
And Monarchs and Primes is far above all 3 of those characters. 

Static what steps did you do to start your own thread? Can you tell me?
SilverGalford

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#245  Edited By SilverGalford

surfer

Static Shock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#246  Edited By Static Shock
@supermandefender said:

" @Static Shock: I think Surfer is getting alittle bit too much credit. Surfers powers are amazing and while he can absorb enegry and some Quantum enegry from Monarch.

I stopped right here. This is fight between Captain Atom and Silver Surfer. Where did Monarch come from? I ignored everything pertaining to Monarch because he isn't in this battle.

@supermandefender said:

" Static...do you really believe Surfer can absorb that much enegry???????

He can absorb near-infinite amounts of it. So, yes.

@supermandefender said:

Static what steps did you do to start your own thread? Can you tell me? "

I don't understand what you're asking me. Are you asking how to make threads, in general, or what conclusions I came to for both characters to make this thread?
vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 27

User Lists: 2

#247  Edited By vance_astro  Moderator

Silver Surfer,I guess.

Static Shock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers