Captain Atom easily

Avatar image for varun_metamorpho
Varun_metamorpho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

SS got his ass kicked by Thor (in canon); I know SS is a pacifist but I don't have any reason to believe that SS is holding back after getting into a fight. Even if he is holding back, it proves that both are equally powerful which means CA can emerge victorious in a tough fight (remember SS's travel speed isn't gonna do any good to him in a fight-maybe it helps to escape from the fight faster(lol-just for fun))

Static Shock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

@varun_metamorpho: This is like me saying that Silver Surfer wins because Captain Atom got his ass kicked by Mary Marvel.....

Your post doesn't make any sense.

Varun_metamorpho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@static_shock: You couldn't refute my comment; u just added one more fact, that doesn't mean that my statement doesn't make any sense, and what you said just happened once; but Thor beat SS thrice in silver surfer's own series by different writers; so just don't argue for the sake of argument

The funny thing is you yourself know that your reply is a petty comment expressing your bias

Static Shock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#457  Edited By Static Shock

@varun_metamorpho said:

@static_shock: You couldn't refute my comment; u just added one more fact, that doesn't mean that my statement doesn't make any sense

Actually, I wanted to show you how ridiculous your comment sounds. I wasn't trying to refute it, at all.

brucerogers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#458  Edited By brucerogers

@varun_metamorpho: Thor has only somewhat held his own against a Surfer who didnt really want to fight him. The only time he was actually beating him waw during blood and thunder, where Thor was amped.

Plus Surfer has fought and beaten more powerful characters than Thor so that statement really means nothing. Anymore than Cap struggling with the likes of Mary Marvel.

Varun_metamorpho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@static_shock: if you don't have a different opinion (which obviously means "to refute") then why ridicule me

brucerogers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

@varun_metamorpho: And Static_Shock isnt ridiculing you, he is pointing the flaw in your arguments. There is a big difference.

Varun_metamorpho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@brucerogers: oh come on, he himself said that he wants to ridicule my comment

If he is trying to point out the flaw, let him point it out explicitly

Static Shock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

and what you said just happened once; but Thor beat SS thrice in silver surfer's own series by different writers; so just don't argue for the sake of argument

The funny thing is you yourself know that your reply is a petty comment expressing your bias

How frequently it has happened is irrelevant... Also, what bias am I expressing here?

@brucerogers: oh come on, he himself said that he wants to ridicule my comment

If he is trying to point out the flaw, let him point it out explicitly

@static_shock: if you don't have a different opinion (which obviously means "to refute") then why ridicule me

I didn't ridicule you at all. That was how you took it.

Pointing out the flaw is obvious. Your argument is that because Thor has beaten Silver Surfer, Captain Atom can beat Silver Surfer too. It's fallacious. It also seems like you're insinuating that Captain Atom is as powerful as Thor, when decades of feats suggest that Captain Atom isn't as powerful as Thor is.

I hope this helps.

Varun_metamorpho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@static_shock: that's your opinion; though CA has not fought beings beyond mr.majestyk's level; he has demonstrated god like abilities like creating life from nothing; teleportation (which not many heroes in the DC have); created a pocket universe in the quantum field itself.

This should offset the fighting feats of SS since not all powerful beings are measured by their fighting feats

Static Shock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#464  Edited By Static Shock

@varun_metamorpho said:

@static_shock: that's your opinion

Right, my opinion is supported by decades of feats that are leaps and bounds better than Captain Atom's....

@varun_metamorpho said:

he has demonstrated god like abilities like creating life from nothing

Surfer has done that before. He's created life on an entire planet, but because he used too much power, he evolved that life billions of years is mere moments, killing the life that he created....

@varun_metamorpho said:

teleportation

Surfer has done that before too. He did so to escape his opponent's grasp, and the energy leftover turned his opponent into stone.

@varun_metamorpho said:

created a pocket universe in the quantum field itself.

He was only able to do that in the Quantum Field, though. His powers are limitless there. He hasn't demonstrated anything close to that outside of the Quantum Field.

@varun_metamorpho said:

This should offset the fighting feats of SS since not all powerful beings are measured by their fighting feats

But, this is a fight, though. Surfer has better showings of power, in and out of battle. Decades of feats support this.

omriamar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

SS

DarkseidThanos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Why couldn't ss just one-shot with a planet buster if this is post crisis atom, New 52 gives him one hell of a fight

CaM_CaSh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Stalemate

Varun_metamorpho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@static_shock: of course he can access infinite power from the quantum field; all he needs to do is just call upon the field (even while fighting; do let me know when you think he can't tap in the field to use his full extent power) he called it in a normal spatial dimension only; so it won't be a great deal for him to call one more time.

I bet SS can't do the same with power cosmic.

I also forgot to mention that CA could travel in time (though it is limited to only a matter of weeks in the base power level) even a week would prove much useful in a fight (assuming that he could do the same as will smith did in MIB 3). Does the surfer has any counter for it?

Static Shock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@static_shock: of course he can access infinite power from the quantum field; all he needs to do is just call upon the field (even while fighting; do let me know when you think he can't tap in the field to use his full extent power)

Okay. Give me an instance of him calling upon the Quantum Field's limitless power in a fight within the physical plane, please.

he called it in a normal spatial dimension only

When, and what did he use it for?

I bet SS can't do the same with power cosmic.

Surfer destroyed a planet with his power cosmic, twice. He also used a moon as a surfboard, crashing it into Galactus, with the power cosmic. He killed two of the Proemial Gods with the power cosmic, by channeling the the energy of the Crunch. He beat Uni-Lord, and blew up a solar system in the process, with the power cosmic. All of this was within normal space.

Captain Atom has done neither of these things in normal space....

I also forgot to mention that CA could travel in time (though it is limited to only a matter of weeks in the base power level) even a week would prove much useful in a fight (assuming that he could do the same as will smith did in MIB 3). Does the surfer has any counter for it?

It's not useful. Captain Atom can only stay a week ahead for a few moments before returning to the present.

Plus, Surfer can time travel at will, and can travel as far back or forward in time as he wants and has done it on multiple ocacsions. You can't beat a time traveler with time travel, especially when that time traveler is much better at it.

Varun_metamorpho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@static_shock: you mistook me, I said he can "call" the field anytime, anywhere; isn't it enough to call the field to access the powers? I don't know any feat where CA has used this might in a fight, to my knowledge he has showcased creating a universe only once; that too not in a fight;.

Also SS's time manipulation account's for his speed, not as a separate ability itself, that's why I couldn't see why surfer can use this in a fight

Varun_metamorpho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@static_shock: I saw the initial threads; you yourself said that CA would win; u changed ur mind or am I just getting trolled?

Static Shock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#472  Edited By Static Shock

@varun_metamorpho said:

@static_shock: I saw the initial threads; you yourself said that CA would win; u changed ur mind or am I just getting trolled?

Opinions change over time. I said that Cap would win years ago, but I knew very little about Surfer at the time.

@varun_metamorpho said:

@static_shock: you mistook me, I said he can "call" the field anytime, anywhere; isn't it enough to call the field to access the powers? I don't know any feat where CA has used this might in a fight, to my knowledge he has showcased creating a universe only once; that too not in a fight;.

Also SS's time manipulation account's for his speed, not as a separate ability itself, that's why I couldn't see why surfer can use this in a fight

The Quantum Field is what gives him his superhuman powers, yes. But, it's hard to argue that he could access limitless power in normal space from outside the Field, when he has never done so on panel.

It's definitely a separate ability. Otherwise, he'd be traveling in time each time he exceeded light speed....

Chair-Sama

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

keep in mind those posts were from years ago and your talking to somebody with literally 52,000 posts in his account history. i wouldnt be surprised if he changed his mind two or three times on the subject over the years, as more feats come out, or some get retconned, ETC>

Avatar image for deactivated-5cc66e8574839
deactivated-5cc66e8574839

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Split in all honesty. Surfer has a better average than Cap but Cap's high end feats are a lot bigger than Surfer's.

Cosmic_Lantern

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Norrin handily.

WollfMyth209

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Surfer.

Avatar image for deactivated-5a0f185dd5b37
deactivated-5a0f185dd5b37

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Static is probably the most knowledgeable user about Captain Atom, so if he thinks that Atom loses, Atom really does lose.

Static Shock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Static is probably the most knowledgeable user about Captain Atom, so if he thinks that Atom loses, Atom really does lose.

This.

Static Shock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Why couldn't ss just one-shot with a planet buster if this is post crisis atom, New 52 gives him one hell of a fight

Surfer could definitely do that to Post-Crisis Atom. However, New 52 Atom might give him a better fight, but Surfer still maintains advantages over him.

PhoenixTitan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#480  Edited By PhoenixTitan

Who is faster here?

Avatar image for rampagethefirst
RampageTheFirst

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Who is faster here?

Surfer is faster than post-crisis but I think New 52 Captain Atom might be faster.

JHG

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I’m guessing Silver Surfer.

Supermanthor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 20

Surfer

Avatar image for hoboswagginssidekick
HoboSwagginsSidekick

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I know this is old but I don't care. I would love to say Cap wins but that damn suit is breached all the damn time, so if its the DC writers Surfer wins, lol. In all seriousness I say Surfer if it's not Monarch, if monarch than Atom wins

Yungboi99

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Bump

thebeyonder1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

CA in a good fight

comic_book_fan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

surfer

Whathappened

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Atom stomps

phoneman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Avatar image for jyulius_protege
Jyulius_Protege

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Probably SS, but they both get stomped by Batman

Maalik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Norrin takes this 9/10

Avatar image for dimlylitlantern
DimlyLitLantern

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Doesn’t CA have the same power set as Surfer? He also has a good couple universe class feats. With that in mind, I feel CA should win this.

Donnieboy16

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Silver surfer blitzes.

Jirou

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Captain atom isn't herald tier in any stretch of the imagination.

jc9865

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Captain Atom wins

Warlockmage

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

User Lists: 3

i dont see how Surfer even comes close to remotely losing this...

Norrin should clean sweep

Whathappened

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Captain Atom annihilates, there's no way for Surfer to win. This is a mismatch and should be locked

Nathaniel_Adam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

Nate wins in a tough match.