User Lists: 0

Thanos wins for sure.

TheMagicStik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

I'm pretty sure there is a thread for this already, I argued for Captain Atom all day and people just keep linking Infinity Gauntlet, HotU, or Cosmic Cube feats, so annoying.

frozen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 14

#7  Edited By frozen  Moderator

@jashro44: New 52 Atom manipulated the molecules of the Speed Force and manhandled Flash with that tactic.

I don't know if Thanos can stand up to that...maybe he can, maybe he can't...

Cream_God

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

I'm not sure...both are top tier teambusters

jashro44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm pretty sure there is a thread for this already, I argued for Captain Atom all day and people just keep linking Infinity Gauntlet, HotU, or Cosmic Cube feats, so annoying.

I couldn't find it on google, and did the other thread disallow Tp

BlueBeetle1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Nate

MonsterStomp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Might wait for Killemall to comment since he's the go-to man on these two characters. Close battle nonetheless.

frozen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 frozen  Moderator

Thanos wins for sure.

Nobody is winning ''for sure''.

TheMagicStik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jashro44 said:

@themagicstik said:

I couldn't find it on google, and did the other thread disallow Tp

Actually it was pre 52 Cap and I was argueing for both pre 52 and new 52. http://www.comicvine.com/forums/battles-7/captain-atom-vs-thanos-538652/ and no there weren't rules.

frozen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By frozen  Moderator

@themagicstik: Pre-New 52 Cap can't win. Darkseid manhandled that version so I do not see why Thanos couldn't.

jashro44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Might wait for Killemall to comment since he's the go-to man on these two characters. Close battle nonetheless.

@killemall said this in the other thread:

Atom has limited feat and at the moment a vulnerability that Thanos can exploit. Majority would pick Thanos anyways, beyond the telepathic vulnerability, they seem rather pretty close. If Atom is kept in the same power level, few appearances and i wouldn't be surprised people pick Atom over Thanos, the dude is extra-ordinary more powerful than all other DC heroes running around atm.

jashro44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By jashro44

@frozen said:

@jashro44: New 52 Atom manipulated the molecules of the Speed Force and manhandled Flash with that tactic.

I was also thinking of putting him against a morals off pre new 52 Wally...Maybe Wally can finally lose!

TheMagicStik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By TheMagicStik

@frozen said:

@themagicstik: Pre-New 52 Cap can't win. Darkseid manhandled that version so I do not see why Thanos couldn't.

Pre 52 was a massive jobber, kind of like new 52 Kyle Rayner is right now and how new 52 Cap will be if he comes back. Both Pre 52 Cap and New 52 Kyle Rayner have a god like power that pretty much lets them rewrite reality if they want to but they "don't want to be gods" so they have fights with people that are barely planetary where they could be abstracts in their own right.

MonsterStomp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jashro44: I guess Atom does lack the quantity of feats at the moment. I really hope someone decides to work on Atom a little more, even though he is pretty damn powerful. Its a hard call, but I might edge it to Atom.

mr_ingenuity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By mr_ingenuity  Moderator

Thanos has durability and power to win this fight. But outmatched in speed & versatility. With Captain Atom's nigh immorality I can see 6-7/10 win. That is until Thanos resurfaces (currently out wreaking planets with Namor).

frozen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By frozen  Moderator

@jashro44 said:

@frozen said:

I was also thinking of putting him against a morals off pre new 52 Wally...Maybe Wally can finally lose!

No Caption Provided

I'd still say Cap beats Wally.

MonsterStomp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jashro44 said:

@frozen said:

LOL. He manipulated the speed force didn't he? I think he can take Wally on his best bloodlusted day.

frozen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By frozen  Moderator

@monsterstomp said:

@jashro44 said:

@frozen said:

LOL. He manipulated the speed force didn't he? I think he can take Wally on his best bloodlusted day.

He bent space and time on a quantum level and manipulated the molecules of the speed force to control Flash.

MonsterStomp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By MonsterStomp

@frozen: Same sh*t, different day :)

frozen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By frozen  Moderator
jashro44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jashro44 said:

@frozen said:

Speed blitz IMP spam maybe? I do recall some comment atom made about him touching Barry before he moved or whatever so that might not work on new 52 atom either...I think Wally loses though to.

reaverlation

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Kingant27

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Frozen: Yes he does, and Captain Atom, stands as little chance as the Silver Surfer does.

jashro44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@monsterstomp: @frozen: @jashro44: Wally beats Captain Loser!Bwahahahaha!

Nope! Captain atom can tag him and none of Wallys hax abilities will work because captain atom can manipulate the speed force!

reaverlation

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jashro44: Wally just overcharges Nathaniel with the speed force till he explodes from the infinite energy given from the speed force!Calculus b!tch!!!

BlueBeetle1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By BlueBeetle1
No Caption Provided

jashro44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jashro44: Wally just overcharges Nathaniel with the speed force till he explodes from the infinite energy given from the speed force!Calculus b!tch!!!

He doesn't absorb it, he just manipulates it. So that wont work either! Nice try....He uses the speed force to paralyze Wally!

frozen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By frozen  Moderator

@kingant27 said:

@Frozen: Yes he does, and Captain Atom, stands as little chance as the Silver Surfer does.

What nonsense.

Explain yourself. Because Captain Atom is far above Silver Surfer. He'd make mince meat out of him.

laflux

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

@jashro44 said:

@reaverlation said:

He doesn't absorb it, he just manipulates it. So that wont work either! Nice try....He uses the speed force to paralyze Wally!

You seem very vested in Flash winning Jash :P

reaverlation

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jashro44: He's not absorbing it.Wally is overcharging him!And if Nathaniel paralyzed Wally,Wally lends speed to a wheelchair and burns rubber on Nathan's face,leaving tread marks!

jashro44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jashro44: He's not absorbing it.Wally is overcharging him!And if Nathaniel paralyzed Wally,Wally lends speed to a wheelchair and burns rubber on Nathan's face,leaving tread marks!

How does he over charge someone who manipulates the speed force? If captain atom can manipulate the energies of the speed force than couldn't he just like redirect the energy over whatever?

Regardless wally is already paralyzed and vaporized.

@laflux said:

@jashro44 said:

@reaverlation said:

You seem very vested in Flash winning Jash :P

FLASH WILL LOSE!

BlueBeetle1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jashro44: i know you guys are all just joking, but just in case youre not....he doesnt have reaction feats to suggest He'd react to Wally.

Kingant27

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By Kingant27

@Frozen: lol.

Silver Surfer can beat Captain Atom, and no way is Captain Atom far above him lol; the only reason Captain Atom is getting way more credit, is due to the fact that not everyone knows Surfers long list of feats, from however long ago. However Captain Atom, being very mew, and most of his limited feats well known, gets more light.

Nothing suggest he is away above him, or even above him at all.

Either way he is still not beating Thanos.

frozen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 frozen  Moderator

@jashro44: i know you guys are all just joking, but just in case youre not....he doesnt have reaction feats to suggest He'd react to Wally.

He doesn't need them. He can bend space and time at a quantum level. That's why speed was inconsequential against him.

reaverlation

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jashro44: Like IIRC he did to Savitar.He overloaded him with the infinite energies of the speed force and took him out that way.And if we go by fastest feats,Wally is in the zeptosecond range so Nathaniel would be hard pressed to tag him.

BlueBeetle1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@frozen said:
@bluebeetle1 said:

He doesn't need them. He can bend space and time at a quantum level. That's why speed was inconsequential against him.

nonsense. Yes can bend space. But he has to think to do it. He has no reaction feats to suggest he can react to wally.

jashro44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

BlueBeetle1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

reaverlation

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By reaverlation

@jashro44: If you want.I'm already leaning towards Nathaniel anyways.Don't know why I was arguing Wally winning =P

frozen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By frozen  Moderator

@bluebeetle1: It's not nonsense. It's substantiated in his Futures End appearance. The reason he caught Barry had nothing to do with reactions, he's beyond that. It was because he bent space and time on a quantum level: thus we see him grab Barry and say ''my hand grasps you before you even begin to move'' and ''I can constantly manipulate the molecules that make up your speed force --- paralyzing you''.

The speed force is the momentum behind Wally's overpowered feats.

No Caption Provided

Avatar image for deactivated-5a7a162f64fe5
deactivated-5a7a162f64fe5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No doubt, Captain Atom is faster than Thanos.

However, Captain Atom doesn't bring enough fire power to put the Mad Titan down.

Hopefully, it is a foregone conclusion around here that Thanos' level of durability is of the highest order. Given that Thanos endures planets and stars exploding with nary a scratch, endures energy shots from Odin and post retconn Beyonder what is Nathaniel going to do to Thanos?

Notice above, Atom can even manipulate the speed force.

He one shots Mongul. Then he shows his immense superiority in speed to Barry Allan. Yet, the third scan shows his best shot is enough to destroy the planet they're on. However, the same scan makes it clear he can't endure planetary level explosions and that significant time would pass before his atoms reassimilate.

I suppose one could call it a stalemate. Provided Atom utilizes his immense speed advantage at all times during the fight, he should always be able to stay away from Thanos and use ranged strikes. On the other hand, Thanos' durability puts him beyond Cap't ability to do any lasting harm to.

Stalemate.

johnfrank120

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Probably Cap.

Avatar image for New_World_Order
New_World_Order

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I would believe that Thanos could win with telepathy, but that most likely wouldn't be his first option.

jashro44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I would believe that Thanos could win with telepathy, but that most likely wouldn't be his first option.

Telepathy is disabled here.

Outside_85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 39

User Lists: 1

#49  Edited By Outside_85

It's a decent battle. Thanos, as a mad scientist and all that, probably knows a lot more about quantum physics than Atom himself, but I don't think countering someone who manipulates it is something Thanos always carries around... mostly because he tends to butt heads with people carrying around the wishing gimmicks of Power Cosmic.

However, the same scan makes it clear he can't endure planetary level explosions and that significant time would pass before his atoms reassimilate.

Actually that isn't what he is saying. He is saying that if he blows himself up, then the planet they are on will be destroyed as a side effect.

DarkRaiden

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Thanos