Captain America/Nightwing vs Batman/Bucky

jashro44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#151  Edited By jashro44
@SlimJ87D: @Super_SoldierXII: I don't think anyone is denying that bruce did lose 2 rounds to slade or that slade could have killed bruce. But thing is he still beat deathstroke even if it took him 3 tries its still a impressive skill feat. As for batman had the drop on slade he didn't. Batman had to throw a batarang at slade gun in order to make him miss his mark, this gave batmans position away. I may have to look at the fight again but I believe deathstroke may have been the one to charge at bruce in the 3rd fight. Batman never had the drop on him except when deflecting his shot and at that point slade knew he would have had to take batman out to finish the job.
slimj87d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#152  Edited By slimj87d

@jashro44: I said it right above you, Batman did beat Slade and it is impressive. But I would NEVER go into a debate like Batman vs Cap or Wolverine or Deadpool and say "Batman beat Slade, therefore he beats them" because honestly, Batman having a poor record against Slade proves nothing and doesn't strengthen my argument. Specially when you hide the details in what happen in that fight to mislead others into thinking Batman just went in there and TRULY defeated Deathstroke like if it took him only 1 try, that not only makes your argument worse but lowers your credibility.

tg1982

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#153  Edited By tg1982

@Dex_Starr

: So you holding Cap using his shield against him? Cap's shield is a part of who he is and his mythos as a character that's like me holding Batman's use of his belt against him,, but okay whatever, with out the use of the shield.

1: He punched Spider-Man and Spider-Man felt it through his armor

2: He shattered a soldiers kevlar mask

3: Using no momentum, or leverage, only leg strength he kicks a super soldier's head into a concrete wall shattering it.

4:He punched Wolverine (who weighs 300lbs with Adamantium) at least 10 feet and through both doors of a car.

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

With the shield Cap's damage output is signifigantly greater.

No Caption Provided

And yes I know Iron Man's armor was shut down, I am not saying he did or even could beat Iron Man without PIS/WIS, I'm using this as proof of his damage output only.

Lastly I've seen Cap do all the stuff you've stated for Bats kick through steel doors, pucnh through wooden support beams. I would like to see a scan of the RPG-proof glass feat.

slimj87d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#154  Edited By slimj87d
tg1982

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#155  Edited By tg1982

@SlimJ87D: thanks, does Cap have one? I haven't been able to find one, that's not out dated with dead end links, and pics that aren't up no more.

NyghtMare

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#156  Edited By NyghtMare

Cap/Nightwing all the way. They make Bruce their Batbiotch

slimj87d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#157  Edited By slimj87d

@tg1982: He doesn't have one that is as well done. I think he deserves one so he can get a little bit more respect. Maybe we can start a project for people that like Cap and post feats for him. I made a Bucky one if you haven't seen that. It's in the Bucky forum.

tg1982

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#158  Edited By tg1982

@SlimJ87D: we should do that.

Avatar image for deranged_midget
Deranged Midget

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#159  Edited By Deranged Midget

@Dex_Starr: Yeah he takes a hit from Spider-man, your point being? Spider-man is nowhere even close to being in the same league as the meta-humans Batman supposedly stands up to i.e Aquman, Flash, etc. When Cap goes up against someone of that level, as with Iron man in Civil War, he get's absolutely demolished as would Batman but PIS saves him every time. The biggest case of this is when he takes hits from a bloodlusted Superman and merely "breaks his ribs"

The purpose I brought up him defeating Shang-Chi is because besides maybe Iron Fist, he's one of the best marital artists in Marvel and he's able to keep up with Spider-man's agility while training him kung-fu during Spider-Island. 

Cap's speed      
Cap's speed      
 Cap's acrobatic agility
 Cap's acrobatic agility

Acrobatics after losing Super Soldier Serum   
Acrobatics after losing Super Soldier Serum   
Takes down a thick steel door with an already injured shoulder 
Takes down a thick steel door with an already injured shoulder 
 Cap Utilizing his speed to dispatch thugs
 Cap Utilizing his speed to dispatch thugs
Able to dodge bullets 
Able to dodge bullets 
No Caption Provided
vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 27

User Lists: 2

#160  Edited By vance_astro  Moderator
@Deranged Midget said:

The purpose I brought up him defeating Shang-Chi is because besides maybe Iron Fist, he's one of the best marital artists in Marvel and he's able to keep up with Spider-man's agility while training him kung-fu during Spider-Island.

Cap has better feats than a spar with Shang Chi and in the running for best fighter in the Marvel Universe the gap between Iron Fist and Shang Chi is quite large.
Deranged Midget

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#161  Edited By Deranged Midget

@Vance Astro said:

@Deranged Midget said:

Cap has better feats than a spar with Shang Chi and in the running for best fighter in the Marvel Universe the gap between Iron Fist and Shang Chi is quite large.

I'm not saying it's his best feat, simply a feat that shouldn't be ignored and one impressive especially since he lacked his shield.

slimj87d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#162  Edited By slimj87d

@Deranged Midget: Vance is just pointing out that Shang Chi is good, but in comparison of the best he's mediocre that's all.

Deranged Midget

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#163  Edited By Deranged Midget

@SlimJ87D said:

@Deranged Midget: Vance is just pointing out that Shang Chi is good, but in comparison of the best he's mediocre that's all.

Indeed, I'm just trying to back up Rogers here considering a user called me out saying that he isn't anywhere close to being on Batman's level, which I found ridiculous.

vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#164  Edited By vance_astro  Moderator
@Deranged Midget said:

Indeed, I'm just trying to back up Rogers here considering a user called me out saying that he isn't anywhere close to being on Batman's level, which I found ridiculous.

I agree with you in the respect.I don't think Batman and Cap are equals as some have stated earlier but I do believe they are very close.To say Cap isn't nowhere near is severely downplaying his skill level.
slimj87d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#165  Edited By slimj87d

@Deranged Midget: Here's something to share with everyone. It honestly doesn't have any relevance to this topic since most of these guys don't have too much skill and they didn't have any weapons on them, but a lot of them had 2 to 10 ton strength and durability.

First Steve fought a 5 man gauntlet pretending to be Crossbones and trying to mimic his style. Then he proceeds to KO about 10 to 15 of them before the Falcon swooped in and saved him.

Deranged Midget

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#166  Edited By Deranged Midget

@Vance Astro said:

@Deranged Midget said:

I agree with you in the respect.I don't think Batman and Cap are equals as some have stated earlier but I do believe they are very close.To say Cap isn't nowhere near is severely downplaying his skill level.

Exactly, in the same regard, it's hard to differentiate between PIS and actual feats when dealing with Batman i.e taking hits from Superman, tooling Talon after being starved for days and stabbed, etc.

Bergquist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

#167  Edited By Bergquist

I love cap, bats, bucky and Dick all evenly

so please tell me how does cap beat bats?

cap v bats = bats for win

bucky v dick = bucky

Hardcore cap fans who dont read batman stop trolling!

if anything Cap and Bats are even!

but still bucky stomps! so team 2 wins! :p

Dex_Starr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#168  Edited By Dex_Starr

@Deranged Midget said:

@Dex_Starr: Yeah he takes a hit from Spider-man, your point being? Spider-man is nowhere even close to being in the same league as the meta-humans Batman supposedly stands up to i.e Aquman, Flash, etc. When Cap goes up against someone of that level, as with Iron man in Civil War, he get's absolutely demolished as would Batman but PIS saves him every time. The biggest case of this is when he takes hits from a bloodlusted Superman and merely "breaks his ribs"

It doesn't matter, that's like saying taking a hit from Thing is legit but taking a hit from Superman is PIS, both have sufficient strength to kill someone. Spiderman not being as strong as Aquaman is irrelevant because if he isn't holding back he should knock Cap's head off. Cap surviving hits from him is PIS unless Peter is holding back.

Shang isn't one of the best fighters in Marvel, and even if he was a sparring match is hardly proof.

vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#169  Edited By vance_astro  Moderator
@Dex_Starr said:

Shang isn't one of the best fighters in Marvel

Yes he is.
Dex_Starr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#170  Edited By Dex_Starr

@tg1982:It may be a part of who Cap is but it's still an unfair advantage against an unarmed opponent

1. He hit Spiderman with his shield in one instance, He punched him in the stomach but we have no idea how durable that suit is either since it only had a limited number of appearances

2. Not impressive.

3. That soldier was charging at Cap, he kicked him but he was also using the soldiers own momentum against him

4. I guess that's an impressive feat, I'll give you that

5. We don't know how durable that Kree is nor how far Cap knocked him back.

Dex_Starr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#171  Edited By Dex_Starr

@Vance Astro said:

@Dex_Starr said:

Shang isn't one of the best fighters in Marvel

Yes he is.

I consider the best in the top 5

vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#172  Edited By vance_astro  Moderator
@Dex_Starr said:

1. He hit Spiderman with his shield in one instance, He punched him in the stomach but we have no idea how durable that suit is either since it only had a limited number of appearances

It deflected a bullet so we know it's at least bulletproof.
slimj87d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#173  Edited By slimj87d

Cap has some good striking ability, is that what we are discussing?

Spider-man felt that one. And like Vance said, the suit was bullet proof. He feels this one too.

He one shot mad dog who is a 5 tonner (10,000 lbs) class 10, it's not even a full strike as his hands are still holding Mad Dog's arms making the elbow have limited motion: http://phantombunburyist.freedomforceforever.com/cripp12/M-N/tf_tn_maddogback.jpg

No Caption Provided

He one shots Ram Rod who is a 10 tonner (20,000lbs), and can survive falling form a building into solid concrete head first. His bones are made of steel: http://phantombunburyist.freedomforceforever.com/cripp12/28/th_ramrodback.jpg

No Caption Provided
vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#174  Edited By vance_astro  Moderator
@Dex_Starr said:

I consider the best in the top 5

Understood.
tg1982

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#175  Edited By tg1982

@Dex_Starr said:

@tg1982:It may be a part of who Cap is but it's still an unfair advantage against an unarmed opponent

2. Not impressive.

3. That soldier was charging at Cap, he kicked him but he was also using the soldiers own momentum against him

I respect your opinion regarding Cap's shield, although how many unarmed opponents does he really face that aren't meta human or have some special ability? Also the same could be said for Bat's belt.

In regards to scan number 1, he also punches Spidey in the jaw aswell.

In regards to scan number 2, I think shattering a kevlar mask is very impressive kevlar has a tensile strength to weight ratio 5 times stronger than steel.

Dex_Starr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#176  Edited By Dex_Starr

@tg1982 said:

@Dex_Starr said:

2. Not impressive.

I respect your opinion regarding Cap's shield, although how many unarmed opponents does he really face that aren't meta human or have some special ability? Also the same could be said for Bat's belt.

In regards to scan number 1, he also punches Spidey in the jaw aswell.

In regards to scan number 2, I think shattering a kevlar mask is very impressive kevlar has a tensile strength to weight ratio 5 times stronger than steel.

Batman's beaten a lot of characters without using his belt. Cap regularly fights unarmed opponents with his shield. Even in that infamous fight with Crossbones from Streets of Poison, Cap still used his shield both offensively and defensively

Deranged Midget

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#177  Edited By Deranged Midget

@Dex_Starr said:

@Deranged Midget said:

It doesn't matter, that's like saying taking a hit from Thing is legit but taking a hit from Superman is PIS, both have sufficient strength to kill someone. Spiderman not being as strong as Aquaman is irrelevant because if he isn't holding back he should knock Cap's head off. Cap surviving hits from him is PIS unless Peter is holding back.

Shang isn't one of the best fighters in Marvel, and even if he was a sparring match is hardly proof.

Spider-man is constantly holding back, even against his more powerful enemies. It's merely his nature. The rare cases when let's loose are Back in Black, Grim Hunt.

Comparing Thing to Superman is a completely moot point considering the MASSIVE gap of strength between the two as with Aquaman and Spider-man.

slimj87d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#178  Edited By slimj87d

I explained this to another user before. If you guys are going to compare durability with street levelers getting hit by heavy hitters. It's not going to go well because you can't gauge how hard the heavy hitter really hit the street leveler or determine how much they were holding back or not. The best way to give a proper analysis is to observe collateral damage. At least we know if someone got punched through a brick wall, then we can estimate the force required to pull off a feat, etc.

I'll give good examples for both Batman and Captain America

Here we know MM hit Bruce hard enough to fly through 2 punching bags and break the chains.

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

Here in these scans we know Namor slammed and threw Steve hard enough into boulders on the beaches to break apart.

Saren

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

User Lists: 12

#179  Edited By Saren
slimj87d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#180  Edited By slimj87d

@CitizenBane: Lol, that is crazy. Did that happen in the Batman/Superman crossover?

Saren

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#181  Edited By Saren

@SlimJ87D: It's from the first arc of Superman/Batman.

I found this showing in Green Arrow #71, it sort of demonstrates how durable his suit makes him. He tanks a close-range explosion that was powerful enough to hurt Brick (a guy who's shrugged off an RPG in the past).

slimj87d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Saren

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#183  Edited By Saren

For what it's worth, Marvel just published Avengers: Roll Call, and in that book Cap was ranked at a 3 in strength and durability, and a 6 in fighting skills.

Saren

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#184  Edited By Saren

In that same book, they gave Black Widow those exact stats as well. What nonsense.

ReVamp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#185  Edited By ReVamp

Just for the fighting skills. Strength seems fine.

slimj87d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#186  Edited By slimj87d

@CitizenBane: Yeah, Black Widow is at a 6 while Black Panther is at a 5... Avengers Roll Call huh? I'll have to get some scans from that.

Saren

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#187  Edited By Saren

@ReVamp said:

How is Black Widow as strong as Captain America?

slimj87d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#188  Edited By slimj87d

@CitizenBane: Honestly, it's all hype for the movie that's all... Remember they did worse to Spider-man. Boosted him to 25 tons, organic web shooters, psychic link to Spiders, Spider Stingers, spiders, night vision, double his senses with his spider hair, etc.

rpgr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#189  Edited By rpgr

@SlimJ87D: You can take some arcs of Superman/Batman seriously. Funny enough, yes, it is the Loeb issues mostly as well as the shorter arc /done in 1 ones.

Avatar image for supremehyperion
SupremeHyperion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#190  Edited By SupremeHyperion

if this is kid bucky than I think cap and nightwing win. just what my mind tells me. I think Nightwing is a more skilled fighter to bucky and cap is equal if not better than bats. that makes me feel that team one wins it.

slimj87d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#191  Edited By slimj87d

@rpgr: It's really hard for me to accept some things in that series. I know Batman and Superman already have enough consistent feats for us to go by, but some if not the majority of the feats are ridiculous and the events that happened. Like Bane dying by Superbatman and Grayson getting half his teeth knocked out and being in comatose state.

ReVamp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#192  Edited By ReVamp

@CitizenBane said:

@ReVamp said:

How is Black Widow as strong as Captain America?

IIRC she was supposed to be at 500lbs whilst Cap is at 800lbs.

If being a "3" equates to a strength range between 200-800 lbs, then they're both on the safe side.

slimj87d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#193  Edited By slimj87d

@SupremeHyperion: This isn't kid Bucky... It's Bucky Cap.

Masterr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#194  Edited By Masterr

Good fight. Bruce and Bucky in my opinion

rpgr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#195  Edited By rpgr

@SlimJ87D: Which was not written by Loeb. As I said, it's weird. Superman/Batman is like the bizzarro world of comic writers. Loeb was actually the defining voice and was good and most of the other writers are bad and not in continuity.

Added bold for emphasis.

As for myself, my first thought is Cap and Nightwing but some of the arguments are good and I'm 50/50 (mostly due to how little I know of Bucky and being informed has changed my opinion)

Dex_Starr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#196  Edited By Dex_Starr

@Deranged Midget said:

@Dex_Starr said:

@Deranged Midget said:

Spider-man is constantly holding back, even against his more powerful enemies. It's merely his nature. The rare cases when let's loose are Back in Black, Grim Hunt.

Comparing Thing to Superman is a completely moot point considering the MASSIVE gap of strength between the two as with Aquaman and Spider-man.

Then why mention Spiderman at all? You brought him up because you said that Cap fights characters that physically outclass him. [Even though Batman does this regularly]

If you're trying to justify it by saying Spiderman holds back that pretty much kills the entire purpose of telling me that Cap can fight Spiderman.

tg1982

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#197  Edited By tg1982

What really surprises me is that nobody is making a case for Nightwing.

Dex_Starr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#198  Edited By Dex_Starr

@tg1982 said:

What really surprises me is that nobody is making a case for Nightwing.

I love Nightwing, I really do but he can't beat anyone here. Batman has already tooled him, so has Bane. He can probably hold his own for a while but will eventually go down.

tg1982

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#199  Edited By tg1982

@Dex_Starr: Agreed, but I would of thought some fans would at least try to make an arguement.

slimj87d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#200  Edited By slimj87d

@tg1982: Yeahhhh... but that's not being a fan, that's just being a fan boy. I think every single one of us is a nightwing fan here. Revamp being one of the biggest ones. We had a discussion on what Nightwing could do, but he just doesn't have answers to Bucky's arm and everyone knows how Batman vs NIghtwing will turn out.