Captain America vs Wolverine (read rules)

Hadrelius

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Hadrelius

I know this may have been done before but I have some stipulations that may be different than what was done before.

After reading AvX when Cap and Wolverine fought briefly, it made me think.

Wolverine seemed surprised that Cap felt he could take him, where Cap seemed confident that he could.

So here is the setup:

Wolverine can only use one clawed hand and the fight can only be won without killing.

No Caption Provided
BringnIt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By BringnIt

If Cap was so confident, why did he have Ant Man there for the cheap shot?

Erik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#3  Edited By Erik

@BringnIt said:

If Cap was so confident, why did he have Ant Man there for the cheap shot?

That was why he was so confident lol.

god_spawn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 43

User Lists: 10

#4  Edited By god_spawn  Moderator

So Wolverine has both arms but can only use 1 set of claws? Am I understanding the OP right?

Beserkerfury

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Beserkerfury

Wolverine wins even with no hands and feet only

BringnIt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By BringnIt

@Erik Excellent point lol

god_spawn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By god_spawn  Moderator

@Erik: Even in Origins Wolverine stated he was better >:)

Hadrelius

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Hadrelius

@god_spawn: Yes

god_spawn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By god_spawn  Moderator

I'd say Wolverine wins then. He managed to stun Cap even without his claws in Origins and he isn't gonna perform any lethal attacks on Steve regardless. I don't see one claw being gone a game changer.

Hadrelius

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Hadrelius

So is the census is that Wolverine is the better fighter? Or he wins because of his healing factor's edge? Or both?

BringnIt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By BringnIt

I'd say healing factor. At the top of his game, he's a better fighter than Cap in my opinion, albeit Steve is much more consistent.

god_spawn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By god_spawn  Moderator

I think I'm the only one that actually answered aside from the guy who just made a Wolverine and Sabretooth vs Living Tribunal thread so I don't know if his opinion has any merit on the subject. I

think Wolverine is a better fighter than Cap is anyway, but the healing is a nice bonus.

Hadrelius

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Hadrelius

I'm not sure about Wolverine being a better fighter. Cap has beaten easily opponents that Wolverine has had problems with. Recently Gambit. Cap has gone toe to toe with Black Panther recently, where Wolverine couldn't keep up with him. I just can't see Wolverine being the better fighter. I mean Cap has beaten most of the greatest fighters in the Marvel U just with his bare hands.

sautor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By sautor

@Alpha said:

I'm not sure about Wolverine being a better fighter. Cap has beaten easily opponents that Wolverine has had problems with. Recently Gambit. Cap has gone toe to toe with Black Panther recently, where Wolverine couldn't keep up with him. I just can't see Wolverine being the better fighter. I mean Cap has beaten most of the greatest fighters in the Marvel U just with his bare hands.

I think wolverine is a better fighter imo, i mean while cap was frozen he was fighting.

He has lived like 200 years fighting in almost in every war. Trained in japan with real masters from old and new times.

And no matter how much dmg cap can deal wolverine wont go down, is just a matter of time before wolverine stabs you and is game over for cap

Erik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By Erik

@Alpha said:

Are you talking about the Gambit/Wolverine fight where Wolverine was recovering from being critically injured in the two issues beforehand or are you talking about the Gambit/Wolverine fight that turned out to actually be a Gambit/Skrull fight? Because in their most recent fight, Wolverine smoked Gambit.

god_spawn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By god_spawn  Moderator

@Erik: Get my Wolverine is better than Cap post, Erik. Silence them for good.

Erik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By Erik

@god_spawn said:

@Erik: Get my Wolverine is better than Cap post, Erik. Silence them for good.

Your post, you should do the honors. But I will quote it with my usual approving nod.

Avatar image for almighty_darkseid
Almighty_Darkseid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

wolverine beats cap with his eyes blindfolded, both hands behind his back, and his legs tied up

god_spawn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By god_spawn  Moderator

@Erik: For shiggles.

Cap IMO is one of the most overrated martial artists in Marvel compared to the likes of Wolverine who people don't know better. People just consider Wolverine better because he has a healing factor.

So here is the theory from Wolverine and Cap's fights at a certain standpoint. 2 main fights and I told you them the other day. Cap couldn't overcome a stupid Wolverine using stats and he couldn't beat a nerfed Wolverine in Origins using skill either. So logically why should Cap be considered Wolverine in either instance? A beaten up and tired Logan gave him a pseudo-aneurysm.

Now we look at the enemies. Cap's enemy gallery isn't as fierce or as big of threats like Wolverine's whose opponents not only outclass Wolverine for the most part, but also possess adamantium or healing factors of their own. Cap's rogue gallery has some decent to good fighters like Crossbones, Zemo, Protocide, Taskmaster (despite having a lot of low showings), Red Skull and Batroc. I won't say those guys are easy fighters by any means but if you look at them from also a stat standpoint Cap generally outclasses most of them save for Protocide who only trumps Cap by a slight margin and also has the shield which is great for defense and allows him to drive it though a truck literally.

Let's look at Logan's rogue gallery. We have guys like Ogun, Daken, Sabretooth, Omega Red, Lady Deathstrike, Shingen, Cyber etc. Not only do some of these characters possess enhanced stats beyond most of Cap's enemies including HF's, ady weapons, carbonadium etc, some of these fighters are nearing top tier MA fighters themselves. With that in mind, Wolverine's healing and ady won't overcome those all the time. If he was so lacking of skill he would never even get a hit on them in the first place. Couple that with them being enhanced etc, ady claws will work when a chop or a kick won't.

So we have that down. Wolverine has spent years training and traveling to master every style on Earth while Cap was pretty much on ice (even though Steve learns fast), Wolverine just holds the better cards when you think about it. They aren't even as some think, Wolvie is the better of the two.

Erik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By Erik

@god_spawn said:

@Erik: For shiggles.

Cap IMO is one of the most overrated martial artists in Marvel compared to the likes of Wolverine who people don't know better. People just consider Wolverine better because he has a healing factor.

So here is the theory from Wolverine and Cap's fights at a certain standpoint. 2 main fights and I told you them the other day. Cap couldn't overcome a stupid Wolverine using stats and he couldn't beat a nerfed Wolverine in Origins using skill either. So logically why should Cap be considered Wolverine in either instance? A beaten up and tired Logan gave him a pseudo-aneurysm.

Now we look at the enemies. Cap's enemy gallery isn't as fierce or as big of threats like Wolverine's whose opponents not only outclass Wolverine for the most part, but also possess adamantium or healing factors of their own. Cap's rogue gallery has some decent to good fighters like Crossbones, Zemo, Protocide, Taskmaster (despite having a lot of low showings), Red Skull and Batroc. I won't say those guys are easy fighters by any means but if you look at them from also a stat standpoint Cap generally outclasses most of them save for Protocide who only trumps Cap by a slight margin and also has the shield which is great for defense and allows him to drive it though a truck literally.

Let's look at Logan's rogue gallery. We have guys like Ogun, Daken, Sabretooth, Omega Red, Lady Deathstrike, Shingen, Cyber etc. Not only do some of these characters possess enhanced stats beyond most of Cap's enemies including HF's, ady weapons, carbonadium etc, some of these fighters are nearing top tier MA fighters themselves. With that in mind, Wolverine's healing and ady won't overcome those all the time. If he was so lacking of skill he would never even get a hit on them in the first place. Couple that with them being enhanced etc, ady claws will work when a chop or a kick won't.

So we have that down. Wolverine has spent years training and traveling to master every style on Earth while Cap was pretty much on ice (even though Steve learns fast), Wolverine just holds the better cards when you think about it. They aren't even as some think, Wolvie is the better of the two.

<---Nods approvingly.

the_stegman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#21  Edited By the_stegman  Moderator

I've always believe that Wolverine could take down Cap, and he did have the upper hand in that AvX fight before y'know..cap cheated.

BringnIt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By BringnIt

Cap didn't cheat; he "master tactictianed" him.

Hadrelius

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By Hadrelius

@god_spawn The Wolverine opponents you mentioned. Are they really known as skilled fighters. I personally don't would never mention them in the same breathe as Daredevil, Iron Fist or Task Master. And though I feel Wolverine is a skilled fighter (though most show him as just a brawler) He doesn't rely on his skill that ofet. Look at how Gorgon fought him. Look how easily Elektra took him out. Cap has fought true skilled fighter and held his own (Iron Fist, Black Panther, Task Master and even Spiderman). I look at it like that quote form Rocky II from Apollo Creed, "You fight great (Wolverine), but I'm a great fighter (Cap). LOL! Just my opinion.

tg1982

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#24  Edited By tg1982

I don't know if Wolverine is the better fighter, or not, but I do know that he is the winner, and in the end that's all that really matters.

Wolverine takes the win.

god_spawn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By god_spawn  Moderator

@Alpha said:

@god_spawn The Wolverine opponents you mentioned. Are they really known as skilled fighters. I personally don't would never mention them in the same breathe as Daredevil, Iron Fist or Task Master. And though I feel Wolverine is a skilled fighter (though most show him as just a brawler) He doesn't rely on his skill that ofet. Look at how Gorgon fought him. Look how easily Elektra took him out. Cap has fought true skilled fighter and held his own (Iron Fist, Black Panther, Task Master and even Spiderman). I look at it like that quote form Rocky II from Apollo Creed, "You fight great (Wolverine), but I'm a great fighter (Cap). LOL! Just my opinion.

Gorgon would wreck Cap too so how Logan did against him was irrelevant and yes Gorgon is a master fighter, he is ranked 7 in skill in Marvel anyways and has easily mopped the floor with both Wolverine and Elektra +prep, shield tech and soldiers. Elektra never handled Wolverine, If you're talking about Enemy of the State, she had to have a gang of guards with her and then jump on Wolverine who was being mind controlled at the time just to get the chance IIRC. And yes a lot of Wolverine's enemies are high class fighters themselves and are much more physically imposing than Cap's gallery and as I said have stats over Wolverine whereas Cap generally outclasses his gallery. Iron Fist has gotten better since his fight with Cap and on top of that he has called Cap's fighting style simple but effective which I can easily relate to as Wolverine's being lazy style. Iron Fist recently even sparred with Wolverine and I believe Logan got the upperhand. Granted it was a spar, but they agreed no claws or iron fist and just played it based on skill. Taskmaster has beaten Cap IIRC and when not jobbing was handling both Bucky and Cap at the same time. Spider-Man was never a skilled fighter when he fought Cap. Also, Wolverine has plenty of fights with Spider-Man and Pete kept unloading on Logan with all he had and Logan just smiled. He couldn't KO him. Also, Spider-Man even admitted Logan was almost as fast as he was in terms of combat reflexes. Wolverine fights skilled opponents all the time, however with him he has to pull his punches...er claws so he doesn't mutilate half his friends. Now I'm not gonna say Cap is a terrible fighter. I think he is slightly overrated, but one of Marvel's best. I just see there is a difference in skill between him and Logan with Wolverine being the better by a tiny margin.

Stronger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#26  Edited By Stronger

I go with Logan

Avatar image for deactivated-5b2e798651249
deactivated-5b2e798651249

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

Cap.

slimj87d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By slimj87d

Wolverine is still going to win. His durability and healing factor are two things that cap doesn't have or any answer to.

What I did get from that fight is that Cap, H2H can hang with Wolverine to a split 50/50. but Durability to durability, Wolverine has that 10 to none.

What I took from their AvX fight was that Cap took some damage, but if Wolverine didn't have that adamantium skull, that shield would have knocked him out or worse. It did cause enough damage to make Wolverine bleed from the mouth. I don't know if Wolverine bit his tongue or not, but to bleed from the mouth like that, you need either have bad internal bleeding if you weren't hit somewhere in the lungs.

@god_spawn said:

@Alpha said:

Gorgon would wreck Cap too so how Logan did against him was irrelevant and yes Gorgon is a master fighter, he is ranked 7 in skill in Marvel anyways and has easily mopped the floor with both Wolverine and Elektra +prep, shield tech and soldiers. Elektra never handled Wolverine, If you're talking about Enemy of the State, she had to have a gang of guards with her and then jump on Wolverine who was being mind controlled at the time just to get the chance IIRC. And yes a lot of Wolverine's enemies are high class fighters themselves and are much more physically imposing than Cap's gallery and as I said have stats over Wolverine whereas Cap generally outclasses his gallery. Iron Fist has gotten better since his fight with Cap and on top of that he has called Cap's fighting style simple but effective which I can easily relate to as Wolverine's being lazy style. Iron Fist recently even sparred with Wolverine and I believe Logan got the upperhand. Granted it was a spar, but they agreed no claws or iron fist and just played it based on skill. Taskmaster has beaten Cap IIRC and when not jobbing was handling both Bucky and Cap at the same time. Spider-Man was never a skilled fighter when he fought Cap. Also, Wolverine has plenty of fights with Spider-Man and Pete kept unloading on Logan with all he had and Logan just smiled. He couldn't KO him. Also, Spider-Man even admitted Logan was almost as fast as he was in terms of combat reflexes. Wolverine fights skilled opponents all the time, however with him he has to pull his punches...er claws so he doesn't mutilate half his friends. Now I'm not gonna say Cap is a terrible fighter. I think he is slightly overrated, but one of Marvel's best. I just see there is a difference in skill between him and Logan with Wolverine being the better by a tiny margin.

The Iron Fist and Wolverine spar I have debated its conclusion in the past. Sure Wolverine had no claws, but he still has adamantium and a healing factor that he can't turn off. I have the images in my gallery but can't dig them up because I have an appointment I got to go to right now. But Iron Fist punched Wolverine very hard in the back of the head close the the spinal cord, one of the most sensitive spots that would surely KO any person. Even a simple medium karate chop in that region will darken your eye sight. So I would only agree that Wolverine had the upper hand due to healing factor and Iron Fist was receiving strikes from someone with metal bones.

Avatar image for deactivated-5b2e798651249
deactivated-5b2e798651249

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

@SlimJ87D: I can't think of anything Wolverine can do to damage Cap's shield :/

GreenBow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Every fight that happens in comics does not count like Stan Lee lets say there is a fight between Thing and Spiderman if the script writer wants spiderman to win he wins. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L4_zFYnnn2Y

dondave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Logan

Wolverine008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

Wolverine still wins the majority here. Has a clear skill advantage, slightly better physicals, and can soak any damage Steve wants to throw out.

Bossmonster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Wolverine still wins the majority here. Has a clear skill advantage, slightly better physicals, and can soak any damage Steve wants to throw out.

Pretty much.
Don't even know why this was res'd

kheranlord12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

Captain America