• 61 results
vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 27

User Lists: 2

#51  Edited By vance_astro  Moderator

Wildcat is good but he can take Cap.Cap is just to knowledgeable in combat.Too much of a tactician.

yodagod

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#52  Edited By yodagod

Cap is soooooooooooo far out of Wildcats league. 
Ted can't benchpress a car, see faster than bullets can move, or run alongside your average car cruising down the freeway at 60 miles an hour.  Cap can do all of these things and more.  Add to that far more martial arts training and the fact that he trains functionally like an MMA athlete while Ted, though he may have done some additional martial arts training, will still train like a boxer.  MMA fighters are above and beyond boxers on a great many levels according to at least three independant comparative studies that I've seen.  Cap is also more of a grappler which in general is an advantage over a striker.  Even if they were equal physically, mentally or in experience (which they are not)  Cap would win because of his more comprehensive fighting style and greater focus on grappling.  Since Cap is far above Ted, Cap gets a stomp here.  I can't imagine anyone arguing for Wildcat for any reason but pure fanboyism.  If this were Ted vs Batman noone would say boo against Bats and they shouldn't.  But throw in an equivalent Marvel character and he's not good enough.  Are you friggin' kidding me.   
Captain America murderous curbstomp. 
p.s.  It doesn't even matter if its Steve or Bucky because it makes no difference to the outcome.
TheGuy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#53  Edited By TheGuy
@yodagod: Yeah, Wildcat is ahead of him in experience and mentally, considering he doesn't constantly regret a little boy he left to get blown up on a rocket more then 60 years ago.

And Bats wouldn't beat Wildcat, they've always tied.
yodagod

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#54  Edited By yodagod
@TheGuy:
Wildcat's experience advantage is in boxing.  Cap's is in everything else  combat, martial arts, fighting vastly superior enemies and many more.  I should have specified that I actually meant intellectually.  Cap is a genius, ted is not.  Though you can hardly blame someone for regretting mistakes made during war, especially if it caused the death of a close friend.  Though the fact that Cap has that as part of his history yet still inspires more loyalty and respect than anyone in Marvel should say something about the mental capacity and leadership of the man.   
Do you mean in the comic or on here.  Because in the comic its as part of  a plot point.  Besides the fact that in most situations they are only sparring and not trying for a win anyway.  If they fought for real and weren't holding back Bats would destroy Ted.  And Bats is a striker primarily, though he is a master of pretty much every known martial art plus some.  You wanna see him get really destroyed put him in with an MMAer like Steve.
morpheus_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#55  Edited By morpheus_  Moderator
@Batosaims7 said:
" Steve or Bucky? "
Considering by the age of the OP, I can say that this is Steve. Bucky was still (barely) WS when this was first posted.

@Vance Astro said:
" Wildcat is good but he can take Cap.Cap is just to knowledgeable in combat.Too much of a tactician. "

Cheetara for the win.
Avatar image for strongestonethereis
StrongestOneThereIs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

great fight. would go the distance
Cap would win

Static Shock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#57  Edited By Static Shock  Online
@yodagod said:
" @TheGuy: Wildcat's experience advantage is in boxing.

No Caption Provided
He's mastered several other styles... Not just boxing...
yodagod

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#58  Edited By yodagod

I know.  My point was that the only advantage he has over Cap experiencewise is in boxing.  Cap has him everywhere else.

Static Shock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#59  Edited By Static Shock  Online
@yodagod said:
" I know.  My point was that the only advantage he has over Cap experiencewise is in boxing.  Cap has him everywhere else. "
Ah. Good point. :)
Avatar image for gremlin_from_kremlin
Gremlin From Kremlin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Captain America, easily.

PowerHerc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#61  Edited By PowerHerc

In a pure boxing match this one could go either way.   
Cap wins any other style of fight against Wildcat.