User Lists: 16

#1  Edited By Fallschirmjager
Steve Rodgers MCU
Steve Rodgers MCU
A Tiger Tank
A Tiger Tank

Rules

Steve is equipped with his shield, his motorcycle and a belt of C4 explosives

Tiger tank has a full man crew, is fully operational with no technical problems and is fully loaded with HE rounds and machine gun ammo.

Battle takes place in the open Steppe of Urkaine.

Steve and the Tiger are approximately 3 miles away from each other. Steve knows the general vicinity (but not its exact location) of the Tiger and is actively hunting it down. The Tiger has no idea where Steve is, or that he's coming for it. They have orders to attack anything with lethal force on sight however.

If the Tiger is destroyed or heavily damaged / disabled (blowing off its tracks, damaging the gun, the engine, etc) Steve wins. If Steve is knocked out or killed, the Tiger wins.

Stormdriven

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

With Steve having the element of surprise, I think he could do it

Hyperlight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

With Steve having the element of surprise, I think he could do it

Avatar image for fallschirmjager
Fallschirmjager

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

#4  Edited By Fallschirmjager

@stormdriven: It would be tough if he did IMO. He has to avoid getting hit by the 88mm gun or he's toast, but he has speed and surprise.

The turret on the Tiger tank is also a big weakness, because its hand cranked. But german optics of WW2 were known to be extremely good and Tigers recorded something like a 90% accuracy rating at 1000 meters. and a 70% at 1 mile.

Avatar image for deactivated-5e8a1f5fafc4e
deactivated-5e8a1f5fafc4e

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

Thank god it's not comic Cap.

Fallschirmjager

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Fallschirmjager

:). I watched TWS again (<3) and Cap taking out the Jet inspired the thread

Avatar image for deactivated-5e8a1f5fafc4e
deactivated-5e8a1f5fafc4e

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@i_like_swords said:

:). I watched TWS again (<3) and Cap taking out the Jet inspired the thread

Best comic book movie in existence. Ever.

Stormdriven

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@stormdriven: It would be tough if he did IMO. He has to avoid getting hit by the 88mm gun or he's toast, but he has speed and surprise.

The turret on the Tiger tank is also a big weakness, because its hand cranked. But german optics of WW2 were known to be extremely good and Tigers recorded something like a 90% accuracy rating at 1000 meters. and a 70% at 1 mile.

He does have his motorcycle and a wide open area to work with. He could easily close the distance between them, before the turret could make a full turn to target him. If anything, his motorcycle is more maneuverable than the main gun swiveling to fire, even if the tank turns with it. But if it does happen to turn and get him, he definitely is finished. I'd give it to him 7-8/10.

Fallschirmjager

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@stormdriven: I know. I set it up to make it fairly fair. I think both sides have good chances.

Stormdriven

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@stormdriven: I know. I set it up to make it fairly fair. I think both sides have good chances.

I think that sounds fair

Jacthripper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

If Steve plays it smart, he can take it pretty easily. It's not the first tank he's delt with. However, if he get tagged by a tank shell or shrapnel, he's screwed.

Fallschirmjager

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jacthripper: I'm pretty sure he never fought a tank 1v1 out in the open. I haven't watched TFA in a little bit, but I believe they used ambush tactics in the forests to deal with Hydra vehicles. And I think those vehicles were more LAV's with super powered guns iirc.

Plus he fought with a squad of commandos.

Avatar image for Oreoassassin421
OreoAssassin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Steve

Jacthripper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Fallschirmjager

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Fallschirmjager

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

bump

mickey-mouse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

Takes out the tank easily.

Eisenfauste

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lukehero said:

Takes out the tank easily.

Yep. He could hear it a Km away hunt it on foot and destroy the tank.

The_Titan_Lord

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Park

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Cap already took out a ridiculously op nazi(ahem Hydra) tank.

mickey-mouse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

@fallschirmjager: I mean, he's already taken out a Quin Jet(Which had the advantage of knowing he was coming). He took out a Hyrda Tank, which had better fire power and better armor. I'm not really seeing the challenge here for Cap? Am I missing something?

Avatar image for justsomerandomkid
JustSomeRandomKid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Fallschirmjager

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@fallschirmjager: Oh I thought you were talking about Tiger Tanktop from OPM.

I don't read shonen, so I'm never talking about OPM.

And my name is Fallschirmjager, so if I say Tiger...I mean Panzerkampfwagen :)

VMole

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It depends on the setup of the terrain and the tank crew's competence, the Ukrainian steppe isn't exactly bare of vegetation or completely flat. If it is in a very open and flat area of the steppes with a lot of distance to make use of its (pre-sighted) weaponry, I'd give it to the Tiger under most circumstances, but if it's in a spot where Captain America can competently make use of defilade and concealment, then he can outpace the Tiger's ability to track him properly and mount the Tiger to do whatever he wants with it.

Clark_EL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

Tiger is more of an anti tank rather than a anti infantry type tank. (though the Tiger is still extremely deadly). Cap by himself could easily reach the Tiger unnoticed pop the lid open, and use t he c4 to blow it up from the inside.

Fallschirmjager

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@clark_el said:

Tiger is more of an anti tank rather than a anti infantry type tank. (though the Tiger is still extremely deadly). Cap by himself could easily reach the Tiger unnoticed pop the lid open, and use t he c4 to blow it up from the inside.

Not true. Every MBT carries different types of rounds for different uses. And I said in the OP the tiger tank is using HE rounds only.

EdgeJohn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Captain America speedblitzes the tank. He can destroy that thing using H2H

Clark_EL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@fallschirmjager: Well yeah, but it's not all about weapons. A good anti infantry tank has speed, reliability, high numbers, and many different weapons with fast reload time. In world war 2 the perfect example would be a Sherman or T-34. Regardless Steve wins anyways IMO

Fallschirmjager

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By Fallschirmjager

@clark_el said:

@fallschirmjager: Well yeah, but it's not all about weapons. A good anti infantry tank has speed, reliability, high numbers, and many different weapons with fast reload time. In world war 2 the perfect example would be a Sherman or T-34. Regardless Steve wins anyways IMO

Tiger's had pretty good speed - a lot better than people think - and I also said its fully operational which was the main problem in the water.

And the tank has 3 MG on it. One in the hull, one coaxial aligned with the main gun and one on top of the turret.

Clark_EL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By Clark_EL

@fallschirmjager: With the terrain you're describing, I still think Cap could stealthily destroy it if he's careful. Any machine guns would be stopped by the shield. Cap could also out run the turning radius of the turret.

Fallschirmjager

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By Fallschirmjager

@clark_el said:

@fallschirmjager: With the terrain you're describing, I still think Cap could stealthily destroy it if he's careful. Any machine guns would be stopped by the shield. Cap could also out run the turning radius of the turret.

I was mostly addressing your comment about it not being a good anti-infantry tank. It was a great tank, it just was underdeveloped.

And yes, the shield will stop the guns, but if they destroy his bike and pin him down with MG fire and then hit him with a HE round he's toast.

As I said, he can win sure, but the Tiger can too. I wouldn't have the made the thread if I didn't think it was even. the 88mm gun recorded kills at mile+ ranges in the war and although Cap is only a man - not a tank - German optics in WW2 were magnificent.

So much so that T-34 Soviet crews preferred driving the Panzer 3 because it was overall a superior machine to drive from an operator's perspective. The T-34 was reliable and had sloping armor, but it was a nightmare to use. The target acquisition was dreadful for example.

There is an instance in Operation Barbarossa where a German AT Gun crew fired on a T-34 23~ times. They never destroyed it because they were under gunned (only a 45mm gun) but the T-34 never even was able to find them and return 1 shot.

German crews were expected to return fire after 2 shots maximum.

VMole

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@fallschirmjager: I only recall two machine guns on the Tiger I, a co-axial and a bow machine gun, any Tiger with a roof-mounted MG 34 was probably a field mod I've never heard of unless it's there only for the sake of debate.

Fallschirmjager

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@vmole: It might have been a mod, but I know I've seen pictures of Tigers with MG's on the Commander's cupola.

Clark_EL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By Clark_EL

@fallschirmjager: Still though, Steve in the movies took out Hydra tanks, he should take the Tiger. The 88's impressive, but Cap's serum could outrun the turret.

leonkarlen123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The tiger tank blows the motorcycle apart then drives over Cap.

DarthAznable

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

GG tank.

Loading Video...

johnfrank120

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Cap

Fallschirmjager

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@darthaznable: as much as I love that scene, a tank is quite a bit more durable than a jet. Jets can kill each other with 20-40mm cannon rounds - those would ping all day on tanks.

mtuske

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By mtuske
DarthAznable

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By DarthAznable

@fallschirmjager: I just really wanted to post that video lol. I believe Cap is more than likely able to outpace the tank. He can out run the turret or block its bullets. The only problem is the shell rounds. How big is the explosive radius?

Drew_Tan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Cap took out the Jet which was hovering off the ground with just his shield. With a pack of C4 the Tiger tank stands no chance. Its literally just a sitting duck for Cap to destroy. Tanks back in WWII needed to be backed up by infantry because they were sitting ducks against other enemy infantry with anti tank weaponry.

Cap stomps 10/10.

leonkarlen123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By leonkarlen123

@drew_tan: It's a hell lot of difference between a tank and jet. A jet can easily blow up by an rpg or even sniper bullets hit in the right spot. A tank can take multiple rpg's with just a few scratches.

Drew_Tan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@leonkarlen123: Ya i know its durability its alot tougher. But with no knowledge of where Steve is coming from and Steve with full knowledge of them, this is a stomp. Its not like the tank can have full vision and be on full alert 24/7. The OP mentions that they have no knowledge that Steve is coming for them even. He could just bide his time and sneak up on it, open its hatch and drop the C4 in. Cap is smart enough to not just ride up to the tank in broad daylight and when the tank is in full operation. Having the element of surprise is an insane advantage in any battle.

RisingBean

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The tiger tank blows the motorcycle apart then drives over Cap.

Yep. Definitely need to add you to the people to never, ever take seriously.

ParagonNate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By ParagonNate

Cap 9-10/10. His physicals and abilities are vastly superior to any real life human, and real life humans have taken out Tiger tanks in similar situations. He can easily outpace the rotation rate of the Tiger's main gun, and his shield can deflect the machine gun rounds with impunity. Once he gets behind it he either jumps or climbs on top opens the hatch and drops the c4 inside. He could also wait until night and sneak up and take it out that way, or ditch the c4 and just hop inside and take out the operators with his bare hands, elevator scene style, although that is extremely risky even for him.