#1  Edited By Methos
Avatar image for vlad_tepes_dracula
Vlad Tepes Dracula

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Hard to say, i dunno if it was ever stated as to how hard his skin density is or how much he can press or lift (kilowog)

Methos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 2

#3  Edited By Methos

Vlad Tepes Dracula says:

"Hard to say, i dunno if it was ever stated as to how hard his skin density is or how much he can press or lift (kilowog)"

i don't think it was ever said how strong he actually is, i know it's above peak human levels just on his size level...

remember he's about 2ce the size of a normal human

he's been training Green Lanterns for about 100 years (give or take) according to John Stewart, so he knows his stuff...

M

Vlad Tepes Dracula

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Methos says:

"Vlad Tepes Dracula says:
"Hard to say, i dunno if it was ever stated as to how hard his skin density is or how much he can press or lift (kilowog)"

i don't think it was ever said how strong he actually is, i know it's above peak human levels just on his size level...

remember he's about 2ce the size of a normal human

he's been training Green Lanterns for about 100 years (give or take) according to John Stewart, so he knows his stuff...

M"

well then you just pretty much took the piss out of caps skills, except if Cap could use his shield to throw it against KIlowogs neck to knock him out... but as i said hes an alien and who knows where his nerval streaks are, nor if its even gonna tickle him :P

Vlad Tepes Dracula

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Methos says:

"well then you just pretty much took the piss out of caps skills, except if Cap could use his shield to throw it against KIlowogs neck to knock him out... but as i said hes an alien and who knows where his nerval streaks are, nor if its even gonna tickle him :P"

not really... strength Vs strength Kilowog might have the upper hand, but in a battle like this, especially with the sheild in play, size is just a bigger target for Cap...

M"

Yeah, but to hit what?^^ where are Kilowogs weakspots, he is not a human, Cap knows the Human body and where to hit it to knock it down fast and hard, but as far as im concerned Kilowogs testicals could be hanging from his face O.o

and who knows where his brain is... or if he has one, then we have the nerve structure and who knows ... all im saying is that cap is on forign lands here, plus hes fighting a behemoth....

he did fight hulk ;)

... so yeah kinda weird to determine the outcome ;)

Methos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Methos

Vlad Tepes Dracula says:

"well then you just pretty much took the piss out of caps skills, except if Cap could use his shield to throw it against KIlowogs neck to knock him out... but as i said hes an alien and who knows where his nerval streaks are, nor if its even gonna tickle him :P"

not really... strength Vs strength Kilowog might have the upper hand, but in a battle like this, especially with the sheild in play, size is just a bigger target for Cap...

M

Darkchild

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

User Lists: 12

#7  Edited By Darkchild

I am going to give this battle to Kilowog for the reason that he is a complete Powerhouse. His body has been through hell(more than one way) over the years. His body is just pure muscle and he has been able to endure a ton of pain.

Caps body is in its PEAK and for a human he is the strongest and most agile, but against an alien such as Kilowog i dont see him winning. I wont say that cap will be taken down fast but he wont be able to outlast Kilowog.

BUT Kilowog is rather large and i think after a while of going in a battle he would become fatigued giving Cap a slight advantage.

Methos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Methos

it's a hard one to figure out...

both are power houses with strengths and weaknesses...

M

Vlad Tepes Dracula

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

nvm, i changed my mind, cap wins this, as stated he has his shield and hes definitly more agile than Kilowog, his shield makes up for the size and strength that Kilowog has, and kilowog definitly aint no hulk either. Cap

Static Shock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#10  Edited By Static Shock

Vlad Tepes Dracula says:

"Yeah and that Hulk is stronger than the normal hulk to so that equals that out :P"

No, it doesn't. And, the Ultimate Hulk being stronger than the original is debatable. Unless it's in the mainstream continuity (616 universe), it doesn't count. Period.

Static Shock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Static Shock

Vlad Tepes Dracula says:

"#BUThe did fight hulk ;)... so yeah kinda weird to determine the outcome ;)"

That's Ultimate Cap. Different universe, different level of strength, different Cap. Doesn't count.

Vlad Tepes Dracula

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Static Shock says:

"Yeah and that Hulk is stronger than the normal hulk to so that equals that out :P"

No, it doesn't. And, the Ultimate Hulk being stronger than the original is debatable. Unless it's in the mainstream continuity (616 universe), it doesn't count. Period."

Well, theyve encoutered aswell, and the outcome was similiar and ill post it if i can find it.

King_Saturn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By King_Saturn

I think Kilowog without the ring could take Captain America. Kilowog does have many years of experience with hand to hand combat. Also Kilowog does have Super Strength, now to what level I am not sure. But its always been said that Cap had enhanced physical attributes meaning his strength level isnt exactly super strength. Cap maybe more agile than Kilowog but I still see Kilowog taking Cap down in a very good fight.

Vlad Tepes Dracula

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Static Shock says:

"#BUThe did fight hulk ;)... so yeah kinda weird to determine the outcome ;)"

That's Ultimate Cap. Different universe, different level of strength, different Cap. Doesn't count."

Yeah and that Hulk is stronger than the normal hulk to so that equals that out :P

Static Shock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By Static Shock

Vlad Tepes Dracula says:

"Well, theyve encoutered aswell, and the outcome was similiar and ill post it if i can find it. "

As long as it's in the 616, it's fine. But, Ultimate Cap and 616 Cap are different. The same goes for the Hulks too

Vlad Tepes Dracula

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

which issue is this?

Static Shock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By Static Shock

That's fan art.

Vlad Tepes Dracula

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

LOL anyways gimme a sec (sidenote: doesn't look to shabby :O)

Vlad Tepes Dracula

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

lol there are many more^^

Satyrquaze

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By Satyrquaze

Two things come to mind...

Captain America has brought the Hulk down using martial arts and leverage (and this is 616 Hulk and Cap in an issue of PAD's Hulk).

Killowog nearly lost a wrestling match with Hal Jordan recently without rings and theres no way Hal is on Cap's level of fighting.

Static Shock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By Static Shock

Satyrquaze says:

"Captain America has brought the Hulk down using martial arts and leverage (and this is 616 Hulk and Cap in an issue of PAD's Hulk)."

I remember some of those. These examples are almost like Black Panther putting Silver Surfer in an armlock (yet people claimed that the latter was an example of bad writing but not Cap's examples)

Kurrent

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By Kurrent

Im going to go with Cap on this one. He beat the crap outta Hank Pym, then told him to change into his giant form then threw a working on him like that.

Static Shock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By Static Shock

That was Ultimate Cap. Not the original Cap.... Doesn't mean a thing here.

Satyrquaze

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By Satyrquaze

Static Shock says:

"I remember some of those. These examples are almost like Black Panther putting Silver Surfer in an armlock (yet people claimed that the latter was an example of bad writing but not Cap's examples) "

Hulk is just a gamma irradiated man... Norrin Radd is an alien augmented by the Power Cosmic by one of THE most powerful a cosmic entities.

PAD also explained it better.

Black Panther somehow had leverage on the Silver (freakin') Surfer in zero gravity.

Apparition

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By Apparition

why were people assuming kilowog could beat captain america in hand to hand????

vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 27

#26  Edited By vance_astro  Moderator

Apparition says:

"why were people assuming kilowog could beat captain america in hand to hand????"

Why do people keep talking about how big kilowog is as if that has ever made a difference.

vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By vance_astro  Moderator

Static Shock says:

"Satyrquaze says:
" Captain America has brought the Hulk down using martial arts and leverage (and this is 616 Hulk and Cap in an issue of PAD's Hulk)."
I remember some of those. These examples are almost like Black Panther putting Silver Surfer in an armlock (yet people claimed that the latter was an example of bad writing but not Cap's examples) "

Cap is a victim to alot of bad writing.Civil War was a bad writing circus for him.And don't get me started on him punching Thanos.

Gottheit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#28  Edited By Gottheit

Kilowog wogs kilos.

Gottheit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#29  Edited By Gottheit

After years of being a Green Lantern, is Kilowog used to just fighting normal, with no flight or the inability to make a giant catcher's mit?

Apparition

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By Apparition

Vance Astro says:

"Apparition says:
"why were people assuming kilowog could beat captain america in hand to hand????"
Why do people keep talking about how big kilowog is as if that has ever made a difference."

yeah really. or like being around for over 100 years means youre one of the best fighters out there. thor's been around for thousands of years but you take away his powers and his hammer and you think he's going around beating up captain america?? please.

vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By vance_astro  Moderator

Apparition says:

"Vance Astro says:
"Apparition says:
Why do people keep talking about how big kilowog is as if that has ever made a difference."
yeah really. or like being around for over 100 years means youre one of the best fighters out there. thor's been around for thousands of years but you take away his powers and his hammer and you think he's going around beating up captain america?? please."

I don't know.Apparently Thor is a really good fighter.I'm pretty sure in his mortal state without Mjolnir he could give Cap some work.I agree though...people seem to think experience means everything.Wolverine has been alive for way longer than most humans and mutants...but I can name better fighters.

vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By vance_astro  Moderator

Apparition says:

"yeah really. experience is great but we dont even know how much experience he has. i bet no one would think kilowog is good enough to beat batman hand to hand and if they stopped and thought about that, then they'd probably kick themselves for thinking kilowog could take cap."

Agreed.

Apparition

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By Apparition

yeah really. experience is great but we dont even know how much experience he has. i bet no one would think kilowog is good enough to beat batman hand to hand and if they stopped and thought about that, then they'd probably kick themselves for thinking kilowog could take cap.

King_Saturn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By King_Saturn

Apparition says:

"yeah really. experience is great but we dont even know how much experience he has. i bet no one would think kilowog is good enough to beat batman hand to hand and if they stopped and thought about that, then they'd probably kick themselves for thinking kilowog could take cap."

Well, Kilowog does possess some level Super Strength and Durability. Unfortunately, I dont know to what degree because the Databases I have searced dont give relative figures on what level he really is at. The case could always be made that Cap is a better fighter or even Batman but how do we really know that if there is no real defintion of what level of training Kilowog has nor do we know whether or not Kilowog possesses high level of Super Strentgh and Durabilty to combat Cap with ?

ImNotTrolling

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Do Kilowog have any fighting encounters without ring?