• 81 results
pooty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#51  Edited By pooty

@Yankey_Doodle: A direct attack from Azula couldn't kill a little boy like aang. A direct hit didn't even K.O a skinny Zuko. A direct hit didn't even kill an old man Iroh. So why would a AOE attack hurt him? AOE are much weaker than the direct blast. Heres a scan of him inside a energy reactor. INSIDE. A. ENERGY. REACTOR. Azula feats are against kids who are not trained to kill. a little fire is not putting him down.

3rd part shows him dealing with an explosion or AOE
enough speed/agility to beat the beast
defeating sunfire who can fly and produce greater heat than Azula
surviving radiation and heat from a reactor
agility/speed to defend against and punch spiderman
god_spawn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 43

User Lists: 10

#52  Edited By god_spawn  Moderator

@CadenceV2: I have a lot of scans. Probably over a 1000 maybe?

Avatar image for fuchsia_nightingale
Fuchsia_Nightingale

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: -1

Full as in Sozin's comet ? (spelling)

Pokergeist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#54  Edited By Pokergeist

@god_spawn said:

@CadenceV2: I have a lot of scans. Probably over a 1000 maybe?

Got any on Classic Strange?! Love to have some of those.

Pokergeist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#55  Edited By Pokergeist

@pooty said:

@Yankey_Doodle: A direct attack from Azula couldn't kill a little boy like aang. A direct hit didn't even K.O a skinny Zuko. A direct hit didn't even kill an old man Iroh. So why would a AOE attack hurt him? AOE are much weaker than the direct blast. Heres a scan of him inside a energy reactor. INSIDE. A. ENERGY. REACTOR. Azula feats are against kids who are not trained to kill. a little fire is not putting him down.

Yes more Scans! Loving the Beast beatdown.

god_spawn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#56  Edited By god_spawn  Moderator

@CadenceV2: Not a Strange personally so no. And I'm not really sure of any Strange experts. Maybe check KMC for a respect thread? They usually have plenty of scans.

Pokergeist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#57  Edited By Pokergeist

Whats KMC?

pooty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#58  Edited By pooty

another comic debating site

anthp2000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59 anthp2000  Moderator  Online

Azula murders

god_spawn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60  Edited By god_spawn  Moderator
anthp2000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#61  Edited By anthp2000  Moderator  Online

@god_spawn: All he can do is have his shield stuck in front of him. He cannot hurt her while she has many ways to do so.

god_spawn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#62 god_spawn  Moderator

@anthp2000: I think that's a bit of a general statement. Azula isn't bringing anything to the table that Steve hasn't faced before. She hasn't faced someone of combination of Steve's stats, skill and prowess. He's managed to react to faster attacks such as guns and rooms full of lasers and accurate shots from people impeccable marksman like Cyclops, Hawkeye, Daredevil, and Gambit to name a couple. While these attacks, aside from Cyclops' blast, are not as big or malleable like Azula's fire, the point is a ranged fighter doesn't mean Cap will just stand there. Steve is tough, seasoned, and has dealt with fire based opponents and while Azula has the means to put up a solid fight, keeping Steve in a single spot has hardly ever happened, let alone him getting stomped.

anthp2000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#63  Edited By anthp2000  Moderator  Online

@god_spawn: But why do you think he will be able to touch Azula? She is easily more agile and while he ahs good showings against similar opponents, that's not helping him simply because she is overall highily versatile as well as fast. And then comes the point where I fail to see how he can touch Azula when she can easily keep him at bay using (near)AoE firebending.

god_spawn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#64 god_spawn  Moderator

@anthp2000: And Steve moves froward. She isn't really more agile or faster than he is. Spider-Man, Daredevil, and Gambit are incredibly agile, fast, and skilled fighters but Steve has gotten close to them in a fight. He uses his own acrobatics and agility to close a distance. 2 of them used range tactics and he still managed to do it. Azula is still more malleable in her attacks but that doesn't mean she is untouchable. Aang, Zuko and so forth have gotten in close to her and Steve is a better fighter than all of them. His outfit is also fire resistant and has provided resistance to Gambit's explosive powers. She isn't twisting and flipping while putting him fire pillars while simultaneously using her fire boosters to fly away. It's not how she fights all the time.

anthp2000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#65  Edited By anthp2000  Moderator  Online

@god_spawn: She is more gile. What feats does he have? Jumping 15 ft. in the air? Donig spaggatos automatically with incoming attacks? Doing parkours, acrobatics and jumping around dodging air swipes for fun without getting tired?
Zuko got close to her because she was fighting out of character starting to lose it on the Air Ship.
Aang never got close. First of all, he was the one that said "She's too fast, I can't beat her down".
Any scans on the otufit being resistant to explosive powers? Casue Azula's fire can also be explosive.
She can get to higher ground and attack from heigth advantage. i don't know how he can reach her then.

Can't see where the fight takes place in the OP and this makes things hard to judge what Azula can do.

god_spawn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#66 god_spawn  Moderator

@anthp2000:

She is more gile. What feats does he have? Jumping 15 ft. in the air? Donig spaggatos automatically with incoming attacks? Doing parkours, acrobatics and jumping around dodging air swipes for fun without getting tired?

Saying she is more agile doesn't make her. Steve's gotten through rooms of turrets and soldiers firing everything from lasers and bullets. Even if they are automatic, they are still much faster projectiles than what Azula shoots. And he's dodged from more accurate people again Cyclops, Hawkeye, or Gambit whose cards left explosions. She may be a little more dramatic in her flips, but she isn't by any means outstatting him in that regard.

Zuko got close to her because she was fighting out of character starting to lose it on the Air Ship.

Aang never got close. First of all, he was the one that said "She's too fast, I can't beat her down".

Aang fought against close range on the drill in Ba Sing Se. Azula also went close against him and Zuko in their triple threat, so if anything, that goes against her since she has no problem fighting up close where she is fighting a better skilled and much stronger opponent. So it shows him getting close to her not being a problem as she can very well go to him.

Any scans on the otufit being resistant to explosive powers? Casue Azula's fire can also be explosive.

She can get to higher ground and attack from heigth advantage. i don't know how he can reach her then.

Can't see where the fight takes place in the OP and this makes things hard to judge what Azula can do.

Here is his fight with Gambit. His suit got charged and there was a massive explosion. People think it is mainly a durability feat for Cap, but personally I think it was part armor and part underestimation on Gambit's part.

Image result for gambit vs captain americaImage result for gambit vs captain america

And there is more with the scans above.

anthp2000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#67  Edited By anthp2000  Moderator  Online

@god_spawn

Saying she is more agile doesn't make her. Steve's gotten through rooms of turrets and soldiers firing everything from lasers and bullets. Even if they are automatic, they are still much faster projectiles than what Azula shoots. And he's dodged from more accurate people again Cyclops, Hawkeye, or Gambit whose cards left explosions. She may be a little more dramatic in her flips, but she isn't by any means outstatting him in that regard.

Bulllet timing isn't entirely agility wise feats. It's more reaction timing. Batman has those and he isn't as agile as Azula for example.

Azula won't be shooting projectiles. Her attacks are far bigger, and again, does he have an answer to her getting to higher ground using fire jets and attacking him from above. For all I know, he sn't reaching her up there.

Aang fought against close range on the drill in Ba Sing Se. Azula also went close against him and Zuko in their triple threat, so if anything, that goes against her since she has no problem fighting up close where she is fighting a better skilled and much stronger opponent. So it shows him getting close to her not being a problem as she can very well go to him.

Watch the fight again. They were never CQ on the drill:

No Caption Provided

What you remember is this:

No Caption Provided

Azula came close AFTER she KOed him.

Yeah, Zuko got close in the 3 way fight exactly because i was a 3 way fight. CAP can't do that in a 1v1.

Here is his fight with Gambit. His suit got charged and there was a massive explosion. People think it is mainly a durability feat for Cap, but personally I think it was part armor and part underestimation on Gambit's part.

And there is more with the scans above.

Impressive but I'm not sure if that explosion is at all as strong as things like this explosion:

No Caption Provided

And I'm not sure why it's pink. I know blue fire is hotter and more explosive though.

Believe me. I've studdied Azula's fighting style many times before. She is my favourite fictional character ever, and I nkow all her stats and powers. I'm pretty sure that she is not a more danerous fighter up close. She prefers mid-distance.

And I'm pretty sure that this durability feat is leagues above his own durability:

No Caption Provided
Marty2187

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@anthp2000: @god_spawn:.

Okay. Random. For some reason this post showed up in my notifications despite not having commented on this thread before or having seen it or having my name anywhere in it. What's going on?

anthp2000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#69 anthp2000  Moderator  Online

@anthp2000: @god_spawn:.

Okay. Random. For some reason this post showed up in my notifications despite not having commented on this thread before or having seen it or having my name anywhere in it. What's going on?

Yeah...Random... :P Sorry about that. We have soo many discussions that sometimes I just tag you automatialy lol

god_spawn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#70 god_spawn  Moderator

Bulllet timing isn't entirely agility wise feats. It's more reaction timing. Batman has those and he isn't as agile as Azula for example.

Azula won't be shooting projectiles. Her attacks are far bigger, and again, does he have an answer to her getting to higher ground using fire jets and attacking him from above. For all I know, he sn't reaching her up there.

To being able to flip around multiple lasers or bullets and various projectiles is certainly a reflex and agility feat, which Cap has. And he isn't totally bullet timing since he sees faster than them. And even if he does just dodge, the shield is more than capable of doing the same by running through and jumping over blasts. He stood under a rocket ship taking off with his shield up and was fine. He tucked behind his shield when the Human Torch used his nova burst and was fine while the immediate area in front of him was scorched. Cap will be fine.

Azula came close AFTER she KOed him.

And then she proceeded to stay close while Aang used his earth armor. He was using his hand to block CQC attacks from her.

Yeah, Zuko got close in the 3 way fight exactly because i was a 3 way fight. CAP can't do that in a 1v1.

You missed an entire point about it. Azula CHOSE to go close range multiple times in that fight. She has no issues getting close. You can't deny that as being out of her character when she does so often.

And I'm not sure why it's pink. I know blue fire is hotter and more explosive though.

Believe me. I've studdied Azula's fighting style many times before. She is my favourite fictional character ever, and I nkow all her stats and powers. I'm pretty sure that she is not a more danerous fighter up close. She prefers mid-distance.

And I'm pretty sure that this durability feat is leagues above his own durability:

Gambit's powers are purple and pink, it has nothing to do with the heat. And good for you studying her, but that doesn't change what she does as a character vs what you are wanting her to. I have no problem saying mid range is her speciality since it is, but up close is nothing she isn't willing to do. Cap can close range, ricochet the shield off things and if she wants to fly, Cap's thrown his shield fast enough to break through armored cars, and threw it fast and accurate enough to catch up to a freshly launched missile and cut chains tying Falcon to it, and tagged Sunfire who is actually really nimble in flying. Cap has been hit by Spider-Man, bashed through boulders by Namor, jumped out of helicopters without parachutes and landed through cars just fine. Those are some higher end ones but Azula has been hurt by less, same with Cap. Her flight and range are a problem but Cap has a tool and a stat edge to make him through. I really have no issue with someone saying he loses, but he isn't getting stomped by Azula at all.

HighAccuser

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Cap owns

anthp2000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#72 anthp2000  Moderator  Online

@god_spawn

To being able to flip around multiple lasers or bullets and various projectiles is certainly a reflex and agility feat, which Cap has. And he isn't totally bullet timing since he sees faster than them. And even if he does just dodge, the shield is more than capable of doing the same by running through and jumping over blasts. He stood under a rocket ship taking off with his shield up and was fine. He tucked behind his shield when the Human Torch used his nova burst and was fine while the immediate area in front of him was scorched. Cap will be fine.

It is, but it's not better agility than Azula. It's better reflexes.
I am not arguing that Azula can hurt him head on with his shield. I know she can't.

That's agility:

And then she proceeded to stay close while Aang used his earth armor. He was using his hand to block CQC attacks from her.

He blocked her finishing move. She didn't get close to fight. She got close to FINISH the fight after she KOed him from range.

You missed an entire point about it. Azula CHOSE to go close range multiple times in that fight. She has no issues getting close. You can't deny that as being out of her character when she does so often.

No, she never chose to. The whole fight is with her in the middle fighting from range:

No Caption Provided

The only time Zuko got close was from behind while she had her back turned to Aang.
You can see that it's ou of character when in other fights back when she was sane she always wanted to fight from range:

VS Aang at the drill
VS Suki at the forest
VS Zuko and Aang at the chase
VS Katara at the catacombs

Gambit's powers are purple and pink, it has nothing to do with the heat. And good for you studying her, but that doesn't change what she does as a character vs what you are wanting her to. I have no problem saying mid range is her speciality since it is, but up close is nothing she isn't willing to do. Cap can close range, ricochet the shield off things and if she wants to fly, Cap's thrown his shield fast enough to break through armored cars, and threw it fast and accurate enough to catch up to a freshly launched missile and cut chains tying Falcon to it, and tagged Sunfire who is actually really nimble in flying. Cap has been hit by Spider-Man, bashed through boulders by Namor, jumped out of helicopters without parachutes and landed through cars just fine. Those are some higher end ones but Azula has been hurt by less, same with Cap. Her flight and range are a problem but Cap has a tool and a stat edge to make him through. I really have no issue with someone saying he loses, but he isn't getting stomped by Azula at all.

Yeah, well, the explosion still doesn't look as powerful as Azula's explosion here though.
I agree that she has no problem getting close, but she is not willing to do it IC. It's just that she doesn't have problem if she's forced to.
I think Azula isn't getting one shot by his shield. Second, he might as well miss. Her jet propulsion was pretty fast in Book 3 and her current version is a lot faster:

No Caption Provided

And she isn't lacking the reflexes either:

No Caption Provided

If she can estimate the exact timing a very long kantana sword's edge will reach her point blank and can jump and disarm it barehand CQ, I'm pretty sure that Avatar characters like her would be bullet timers if the verse had bullets.
The problem being that I still don't see him having a way tor each her if she manages to get on higher ground.
Finally, who says that she has no defece against his shield:

No Caption Provided

This shield deflects Sokka's bomerang out of the way. Her fire can be made as solid as she wants it to be.
Yeah, I'm convinced it's not a stomp but he isn't getting any majority as I see it.

god_spawn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#73  Edited By god_spawn  Moderator

@anthp2000:

"Yeah, I'm convinced it's not a stomp but he isn't getting any majority as I see it."

Which is all I was really debating for. I may disagree with a lot of what you said but at the end result I was only debating that it wasn't a stomp.

Amendment50

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Cap.

Avatar image for deactivated-6241fa3a1cff5
deactivated-6241fa3a1cff5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Cap wins this, but he definitely get's more than a tan once this battle's over.

Avatar image for deactivated-5c8fd6cb3e4f4
deactivated-5c8fd6cb3e4f4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

MorbusGrav

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Azula should win but I like that you put them close together It evens caps odds out.

I'd say Azula 6/10

Amendment50

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Still Cap, this was being debated quite a lot in another thread not long ago.

Marishtar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

gunchar16

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Still Azula if it's her current version.

anthp2000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#81 anthp2000  Moderator  Online

Azula roasts Cap's ass.