• 135 results
god_spawn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 43

User Lists: 10

#101 god_spawn  Moderator

@jmarshmallow: I'm not saying Monsterstomp put Steve at his frail self. It's right in the OP, not hard to miss. I don't think you even read my response properly, both of them, actually.

1) I already said Bruce wins.

2.) My point was that both have a slight advantage in certain aspects. I believe Batman to be the more skilled fighter whereas Cap is the stronger and faster of the two. I'm just pointing out that the argument of Steve being enhanced somehow makes him a poor fighter is just a bad one because when you compare their physical levels both are close. You take away his enhancements, he doesn't all of a sudden lose his ability to fight. He has shown this. The problem being is that his enhancements cover so many of his showings already, so I find it hard to disregard his skill feats when he's faced plenty of skill fighters that he either barely outclasses to begin with. If he was such a bad fighter, he would be getting his ass kicked a lot more frequently when he faces down a skilled opponent. Now, I'm not saying his enhancements don't play a role in his fights, they do. But if he was depowered to Bruce's level, he isn't all of a sudden going to be a bad fighter. I just hate how some people can pin everything Steve does on his enhancements in comparison to Batman, yet all of a sudden forget Bruce is already pushing into Cap's territory with crazy physical feats himself. They just don't seem to acknowledge Bruce's own physicals themselves. That's why I mentioned that maybe they should see how Bruce does if he was put in Steve's place if his SSS was turned off and see how he does against his rogue gallery. I'd definitely hate to be in Bruce's spot if Ra's, Deathstroke, or Bane show up all of a sudden when it looks like his neck will break from just carrying the cowl.

Shawnbaby

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#102  Edited By Shawnbaby

@god_spawn: Well said

Anyone who demands to see proof of Steve using his Skills "unenhanced" should also be willing to provide evidence of Bruce Wayne fighting at 95 pounds.

patrat18

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

@shawnbaby: I don't think you or Wolverine read Cbane's comment .

Shawnbaby

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#104  Edited By Shawnbaby

@patrat18 said:

@shawnbaby: I don't think you or Wolverine read Cbane's comment .

Yes, I did.

And I even Agree that Batman wins...I just don't agree that it's a Solid Majority. As i said on the last page...Batman wins 6/10.

Jmarshmallow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@god_spawn: I'm gonna have to stop you RIGGGGGHT there.

First of all, you were saying that Monsterstomp, God bless him, put Steve at his frail self. That's exactly what you said. "You take away Steve's enhancements, then you have a guy that could keel over from just walking down a flight of stairs." Can't really say I appreciate the down-talking I'm hearing good sir!

As to 1). Sweet, so do I! I can't actually recall me saying that you didn't admit Bruce wins! In fact, I believe each and every statement regarding the outcome of this fight used the word "if." Whatever doe, I ain't even mad, we'll work through our problems.

And as for 2). As @CitizenBane already eloquently explained(excellent post by the way!), that one feat of Cap beating a bunch of enhanced men while not enhanced isn't really that big of a deal for several reasons. First off, what makes those men special, or even a credible threat? Second, if any other street-leveler like Bats did that, it wouldn't even be given a second glance. Actually, the fact that you have to even bring up such a lame feat to show off Cap's "un-enhanced skill" just shows how heavily he relies on the SSS. Have him beat an actual threat without his enhancement, and then we can have some fun! Annnnnnnd third, how can you even consider that a skill feat?!?!?!? He kicked one in the neck, shot some others, and then did a headbutt. But some how that makes his fighting skill = Bats? Notice how he didn't use Judo, or Boxing, or whatever "perfect adapting fighting style" people like to say he has. He played dirty. Is there anything wrong with that? Nooooo sir! But it also doesn't mean he's suddenly the White American version of Bruce Lee!

To finish up this long-winded post of mine, I'm a little concerned why you keep bringing up the whole "I'd definitely hate to be in Bruce's spot if Ra's, Deathstroke, or Bane show up all of a sudden when it looks like his neck will break from just carrying the cowl." concept. It's not really relevant in this battle, since neither are so weak that they wouldn't be able to carry a cowl, or "get winded from walking up a flight of stairs" or whatever nice anecdote you made.

I'm not even sure why we're going back and forth anyway. We're on the same side, aren't we?

Great minds always clash I suppose.

Jmarshmallow

Shawnbaby

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jmarshmallow: I really don't think you understood his point at all...

Wolverine008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#107  Edited By Wolverine008

@jmarshmallow: I really don't think you understood his point at all...

Agreed.......................

god_spawn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#108 god_spawn  Moderator

@jmarshmallow: No, I didn't. Read the point over again. It was making mention to the fact about normal Steve and if you take away his enhancements, he doesn't all of a sudden become a crappy fighter. If you paid attention to the next part, I mention if you take away Bat's skill, you just have some jacked up guy. I was talking about their respective advantages and if you take away one, they still have something to fall back on. Eliminating one of those advantages doesn't eliminate their abilities completely.

And as for 2). As @CitizenBane already eloquently explained(excellent post by the way!), that one feat of Cap beating a bunch of enhanced men while not enhanced isn't really that big of a deal for several reasons. First off, what makes those men special, or even a credible threat? Second, if any other street-leveler like Bats did that, it wouldn't even be given a second glance. Actually, the fact that you have to even bring up such a lame feat to show off Cap's "un-enhanced skill" just shows how heavily he relies on the SSS. Have him beat an actual threat without his enhancement, and then we can have some fun! Annnnnnnd third, how can you even consider that a skill feat?!?!?!? He kicked one in the neck, shot some others, and then did a headbutt. But some how that makes his fighting skill = Bats? Notice how he didn't use Judo, or Boxing, or whatever "perfect adapting fighting style" people like to say he has. He played dirty. Is there anything wrong with that? Nooooo sir! But it also doesn't mean he's suddenly the White American version of Bruce Lee!

I'm not making it out to be a big deal. I never even directly brought that up as a skill feat to say it makes Steve on par with Bruce.

To finish up this long-winded post of mine, I'm a little concerned why you keep bringing up the whole "I'd definitely hate to be in Bruce's spot if Ra's, Deathstroke, or Bane show up all of a sudden when it looks like his neck will break from just carrying the cowl." concept. It's not really relevant in this battle, since neither are so weak that they wouldn't be able to carry a cowl, or "get winded from walking up a flight of stairs" or whatever nice anecdote you made.

.....I'm not even gonna bother again.

I'm not even sure why we're going back and forth anyway. We're on the same side, aren't we?

Great minds always clash I suppose.

Because you had to reply to me then misinterpret my post, not once, but now a second time. If you want to keep responding to me, get it right before you start putting words in my mouth.

Wolverine008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jmarshmallow:

I have the scan where he fought Black Panther, and T'Challa noted that he perfectly adapts.

Jmarshmallow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@god_spawn: Alrighty then, my apologies, I misread your posts.

Guess I'll go hang my head in shame now.

Jmarshmallow

Wolverine008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#111  Edited By Wolverine008

Notice how he didn't use Judo, or Boxing,

When Batman is fighting, does he say "I am now using Shotokun Karate, Brazilian jiu jutsu, ninjutsu, taijutsu, aikido, etc"? That comment sound absolutely ridiculous. Do you even know martial arts well enough to tell which fighting style someone is using?

Jmarshmallow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Wolverine008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Jmarshmallow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Wolverine008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jmarshmallow:

I was sarcastically asked a question I already knew the answer to.

Emperorb777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Cant everyone just agree that Batman wins(for a majority) and leave it at that.

Jmarshmallow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@wolverine08: Not a very good question if you already know the answer to it.

Especially when it's incorrect.

Jmarshmallow

Jmarshmallow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@immortal777: And that's no fun lol. If everyone just agrees, where's the debate?!?!

Jmarshmallow

Wolverine008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jmarshmallow:

OK bro, but IMO, based on how you sound, you really don't know much about martial arts.

Jmarshmallow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@wolverine08: That's 100% okay with me broski! Everyone's entitled to their opinion! It would be un-American of me to take that away from you. Guess it really doesn't matter if you're not American though, huh?

Besides, it's not my job to explain my hobbies to you!

I'm also an Egyptian belly dancer.

Fun fact.

Jmarshmallow

Wolverine008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Jmarshmallow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Whelpppp, I'm kinda hungry, think I need some food.

I'll come back to this thread when the mood starts getting intense again. It feels too...nice right now.

Now the question is, what to eat? Maybe some pizza?

Nah, I'm thinking spaghetti.

Jmarshmallow

Odinsonnn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@patrat18: Show me a scan of Batman doing the same thing.

Because as far as I know the ONLY way Bruce is taking on bigger threats is with his gadgets. Never has he defeated an opponent greater than him strictly h2h.

MonsterStomp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@monsterstomp: This might be more interesting if you make it New 52 Batman.

I just made another round with new 52 Batman.

Joygirl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 43

If Cap is being Double Penetrated during this match I don't think there's much he can do to win.

Avatar image for texasdeathmatch
texasdeathmatch

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I like to imagine that everyone on this site is a martial arts master who spends his/her time debating about fictional characters fighting one another.

Shawnbaby

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@joygirl said:

If Cap is being Double Penetrated during this match I don't think there's much he can do to win.

If Cap is being Double Penetrated during this match...maybe he's already winning :D

heroesgold

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

I like to imagine that everyone on this site is a martial arts master who spends his/her time debating about fictional characters fighting one another.

lol

MonsterStomp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@joygirl said:

See, now you just talking nasty :P

Joygirl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 43

Shawnbaby

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@joygirl said:

@shawnbaby: Good point! Think he's into that?

@monsterstomp: Not my fault where my mind goes when I hear "DP". :P

I think it's why him and Batman are fighting...Bruce wants in on that action and Steve's being greedy.

patrat18

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

@odinsonnn: Look up the fight with Talon when he was captured.

GhostRavage

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

@god_spawn: Another user I wouldn't want to do a CaV with.

@wolverine08 said:

Oh yeah, and great thread MonsterStomp.

Thanks.

Pffffft... God_spawn is a chump! *grabs luggage... Hasta la vista*

god_spawn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#134 god_spawn  Moderator
god_spawn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#135  Edited By god_spawn  Moderator

@wolverine08 said:

@jmarshmallow:

I have the scan where he fought Black Panther, and T'Challa noted that he perfectly adapts.

You know what? For as much as this scan gets thrown around, I actually remembered what it's from. It's from Contest of Champions 2, meaning it's not canon.

GhostRavage

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#136  Edited By GhostRavage