Match Rules

• In character
  • The combatants have basic knowledge of each others skills & abilities
  • Standard gear
  • Fight to the death, KO or Incap
  • Pre 52
  • Etc.

Battlefield

The combatants start on roof tops within each others site.
The combatants start on roof tops within each others site.

FIGHT!

Stormdriven

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Team Marvel. Logan is MVP, and Drakon is a weak link. Slade loses to Logan for a majority in a good fight, while stalemating or beating Steve in a tough fight. Drakon is going to be ineffective against Logan, who possess both the superior combat speed and damage soak to relatively easily keep up with Drakon and take everything he dishes out with no trouble. Steve on the other hand, has comparable if not superior speed as well, and a hard counter to pretty much everything Drakon does with his shield.

brucerogers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#3  Edited By brucerogers

Hmm this is a close fight. I see Slade beating Cap in a very hard fight and while Drakon may be faster than Wolverine, he doesn't have the damage output to do much to him (even knives aren't going to do much but temporarily slow him down for a bit) nor the damage soak to survive a fatal stab or slash. Logan will be hard pressed to tag him initially, but once he starts utilizing his speed and training to its maximum potential however....

On the other hand, I see Logan beating Slade for a majority and Cap having a harder time with Drakon than Logan would and maybe even lose to him if Drakon decides to play it well, but like mentioned before, I just don't see him beating Logan.

tl;dr version, Team 1 wins more often than not, with Wolverine being the MVP.

reaverlation

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By reaverlation

Team Marvel because of Logan. Either Slade or Drakon beat Steve

DragonbellZ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Logan is just too much for either of team 2 in a 1v1

Nima_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Drakon isn't beating Steve. Catching arrows super fast and stomping Connor isn't enough to prove that.

Avatar image for elijah_c_washington
Elijah_C_Washington

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

With basic knowledge on their side I can see Deathstroke and Drakon taking this.

Sy8000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@nima_ said:
@reaverlation said:

Drakon isn't beating Steve. Catching arrows super fast and stomping Connor isn't enough to prove that.

Why not? Considering how Connor did against Shiva.

Pokeysteve

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#10  Edited By Pokeysteve

I agree with this.

@nima_ said:
@reaverlation said:

Why not? Considering how Connor did against Shiva.

Connor did just as well against her as Batman. He's very underrated here.

Sy8000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Pokeysteve: He didn't do as well as Batman, Batman and Shiva were evenly matched, Connor was on his backfoot the whole time and lost decisively while Bruce is equal to Shiva as far as can be seen. What Drakon did is impressive because it was a lot easier for him than it was Shiva.

RisingBean

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By RisingBean

If it wasn't for Wolverine's damage soak, I'd say flip a coin. However since each team knows about the other, I will say that.

Edit: Though I am leaning a bit to Logan and Steve.

Pokeysteve

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#13  Edited By Pokeysteve

@highaccuser:

Shiva couldn't put Connor or Bruce down. Everyone in both fights walked away with damage.

Drakon walked over him because of his speed. Not skill.

Nima_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@highaccuser: because Steve has better stats and feats than Connor, plus an indestructible melee weapon that can bash Drakon's head in? He's nothing Cap hasn't already dealt with.

Sy8000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@nima_ said:

@highaccuser: because Steve has better stats and feats than Connor, plus an indestructible melee weapon that can bash Drakon's head in? He's nothing Cap hasn't already dealt with.

His stats and feats aren't that much better to the point he can match someone who blitzed the shit out of him. The shield can be easily bypassed by a significantly faster opponent. Unless you think Cap outclasses Cass and Shiva by a wide margin he's not matching Drakon.

Sy8000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@highaccuser:

Shiva couldn't put Connor or Bruce down. Everyone in both fights walked away with damage.

Drakon walked over him because of his speed. Not skill.

Shiva put down Connor, he was out till Tim convinced her to leave. He was a lot more damaged than her and was clearly better. Shiva didn't get that kind of edge over Bruce.

Which is my point, he's much faster and more dangerous combat wise than Shiva to do that.

Nima_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@nima_ said:

His stats and feats aren't that much better to the point he can match someone who blitzed the shit out of him. The shield can be easily bypassed by a significantly faster opponent. Unless you think Cap outclasses Cass and Shiva by a wide margin he's not matching Drakon.

You mean the fight where he landed only 2 on panel hits on Shiva and she was begging him the entire time to do better and move faster? She was clearly approaching the fight as something fun in a challenging way. Sure, Connor was quick to block a few blows, but again, I don't see why you are mentioning this fight and using it under an ABC logic approach to Drakon taking out Cap - a totally different type of combatant with a game changing melee weapon (shield), better durability, who HAS dealt with very similar opponents.

Warlockmage

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

User Lists: 3

Team 1

Cap beats Drakon

Wolverine beats Slade

Sy8000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@nima_:

You mean the fight where he landed only 2 on panel hits on Shiva and she was begging him the entire time to do better and move faster? She was clearly approaching the fight as something fun in a challenging way.

He landed 4 hits and he was impressing her in the same panels where she was telling him to go faster. She was was having fun because intense melee is what constitutes fun for Shiva, if he weren't actually good enough to give her trouble she would've brushed him aside like she did Nightwing.

Also I think Connor has a good showing against Cass during No Man's Land. But the point isn't that Connor was a match for Shiva it's that he was much less of a match for Drakon.

Sure, Connor was quick to block a few blows, but again, I don't see why you are mentioning this fight and using it under an ABC logic approach to Drakon taking out Cap - a totally different type of combatant with a game changing melee weapon (shield), better durability, who HAS dealt with very similar opponents.

Cap's not that different aside from the shield which isn't game changing, significantly faster opponents shouldn't have any trouble bypassing it. Drakon has knives for durability which are semi-standard for him and he knows pressure points anyway. Who has Cap dealt with that's similar?

jashro44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@nima_ said:
@highaccuser said:
@nima_ said:

You mean the fight where he landed only 2 on panel hits on Shiva and she was begging him the entire time to do better and move faster? She was clearly approaching the fight as something fun in a challenging way. Sure, Connor was quick to block a few blows, but again, I don't see why you are mentioning this fight and using it under an ABC logic approach to Drakon taking out Cap - a totally different type of combatant with a game changing melee weapon (shield), better durability, who HAS dealt with very similar opponents.

I count 3 hits and during the fight shiva commented Connor broke her ribs so its not like he didn't do any damage. Likewise its not just the fact that Drakon destroyed Connor, but the fact he did it with much less effort than Shiva. So not only did Drakon not take as much damage, he was able to land several hits with Connor blocking much less strikes, all with much less effort than Shiva. I mean the fact is that shiva had to put actual effort in beating Connor whereas Drakon did not.

Also you keep saying Steve has dealt with similar opponents but your not providing any names. You mentioned Steve's shield but I don't see why Drakon can't get around the shield the same way everyone else has. Like any street leveller worth there salt has caught cap's shield or blocked it at some point, I don't see why Drakon would be any different. Steve has better durability but Drakon uses knives anyways, and he strikes with serious precision like the throat, and pressure points so Steve's durability isn't really that game changing.

Steve could beat Connor but I don't think he could do it at all in the same manner Connor did. I would say if Steve has a shot at being Drakon its mostly due to his arrogance. I could see Steve out smarting Drakon some how but other than that I would give Drakon the majority in a good fight. Also in the future please follow the scan rule.

jashro44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@highaccuser: Connor didn't do to well against Cass all though that was because he was trying to talk to her and she wouldn't listen (Connor even said it was a "one sided fight"). He didn't throw a punch during the fight. He did block a few of her strikes though so he still did better against Cass in that context than he did against Drakon.

Sy8000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jashro44 said:

@highaccuser: Connor didn't do to well against Cass all though that was because he was trying to talk to her and she wouldn't listen (Connor even said it was a "one sided fight"). He didn't throw a punch during the fight. He did block a few of her strikes though so he still did better against Cass in that context than he did against Drakon.

Thanks. I wouldn't say that's much of a feat for Connor then.

jashro44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Nima_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By Nima_

@highaccuser: @jashro44: Ok 3 hits. One less than Huntress.

Anyway, you bring up a good point, Captain America's fighting style coupled with the way he thinks is also a major advantage. I would give Drakon the majority if he had something like a healing factor or proven better durability to compensate for his arrogance.

I feel like beating Lady Deathstrike (pre jobber era), Daredevil (while mind controlled), Cache, beating a gauntlet of his villains while disguised as Crossbones, and performing well against Wolverine is more than enough to prove he can handle Drakon's speed. I believe Cap has tagged Quicksilver more than once thanks to his reflexes and enhanced senses. I fail to see why Drakon beating Connor (one time Connor was a little distracted with Speedy being present & it was in an enclosed space) who had a high end feat of landing 3 hits against Shiva gives him a majority over Cap.

We'll agree to disagree.

Sy8000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@nima_: Huntress only landed hits by suckering Shiva and blinding her with blood. I suppose we can agree to disagree on the rest as you say.

jashro44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@nima_:

Ok 3 hits. One less than Huntress.

Shiva was wrecking Huntress until Huntress spat blood on Shiva and the fight was called off. There isn't much to say other than Huntress was just resourceful enough to take advantage of her blood so she could land hits on shiva.....But if the fight dragged on there is no doubt Shiva would have killed her. And Connor was able to defend against a lot more attacks than Huntress as well.

I feel like beating Lady Deathstrike (pre jobber era), Daredevil (while mind controlled), Cache, beating a gauntlet of his villains while disguised as Crossbones, and performing well against Wolverine is more than enough to prove he can handle Drakon's speed.

None of these characters are as fast as Drakon. None of them are capable of catching entire quivers of arrows effortlessly while smiling. The only showing here I would argue that enforces Steve taking a majority is the showing where he fought all those villains disguised as crossbones because that is an example of Steve out smarting people which is what he needs to do here to beat Drakon (IMO).

I believe Cap has tagged Quicksilver more than once thanks to his reflexes and enhanced senses. I

So has Gorgon (the inhuman one). Quicksilver jobs a lot and gets tagged but Steve wouldn't be able to tag a non jobbing quicksilver who can run half way across the planet in 92 seconds.

fail to see why Drakon beating Connor (one time Connor was a little distracted with Speedy being present & it was in an enclosed space) who had a high end feat of landing 3 hits against Shiva gives him a majority over Cap.

I'm going to need proof Speedy's presence was a hindrance to Connor. I don't remember anything indicating she was distracting him. I don't get why your calling Connor's fight against Shiva a high end feat. Its a good showing but its not inconsistent. Shiva is just one of the few established fighters he has faced that we can measure his skill against and Connor clearly did well.

We'll agree to disagree.

OK.

Avatar image for super_soldierxii
Super_SoldierXII

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Tough fight. Very close, I can see either side winning this one really. Will go with team Marvel for very slight majority, as I see Cap holding up better against either Slade or Drakon should dance partners shift in the battle, than Drakon would against Wolverine simply due to power set make-up here.