This is Sam Raimi version Black Spidey

renamed040924

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By renamed040924

A lot of people are going to be quick to say yes just because he's more powerful, but I can't picture it. Too many skilled and smart fighters to take on at once. Scarlet Witch can fling him around, and it's arguable whether he'd even be able to take down Giant Man at all.

uugieboogie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Wanda rag dolls him

Avatar image for allstarsuperman
AllStarSuperman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

#4  Edited By AllStarSuperman

I gave it 2 seconds of thought, Spidy wins.

mrmonster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Team. Tony could do a lot in 12 hours.

ridd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Stormdriven

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Either Tony gives him a way to counter Wanda, or Wanda stomps him

detacude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

If he does'nt take out Wanda first I see him losing

Avatar image for deactivated-60fae469e992f
deactivated-60fae469e992f

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Avatar image for deactivated-5a89ca5697052
deactivated-5a89ca5697052

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

He gets obliterated.

complete mismatch. This is one of those typical Spider-man wank threads ...

And its also funny how people really claim he can win this.

TheWatcherKing

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By TheWatcherKing

@nickzambuto said:

A lot of people are going to be quick to say yes just because he's more powerful, but I can't picture it. Too many skilled and smart fighters to take on at once. Scarlet Witch can fling him around, and it's arguable whether he'd even be able to take down Giant Man at all.

He wasn't stated to be more powerful.

Thedarkking25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Wanda anint doing noting lol she didn't even do noting to spider Man in the movie but throw cars

Avatar image for amethystgravity
AmethystGravity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Wanda fighting seriously flattens him. Morals on, she still solos, which is fortunate, since most of her teammates are just outclassed.

PeterParkerJr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

MegaSharkLaser

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Wanda holds him in place

CitizenSentry

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

buildhare

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No chance, Wanda destroys him without trying.

Ant-Man solos nearly as hard.

The remaining quartet could take him together, he's nowhere near as fast as TASM Spidey and it shows.

Overall, he has no chance of even coming close.

Sy8000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Wanda is a pretty crappy fighter IIRC. He can handle her.

killers10333

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

He can, but i dont think he will. Id say team 7/10

theCrazyBean

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@highaccuser: how is he handling her? Unless he attacks her by surprise Wanda will Ragdoll him. He may try to throw something at her but she already has blocked Ultron's bots beams and bullets. Wanda solos unless he surprise her, which was not the case in the airport scene.

theCrazyBean

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Evil-Incarnate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

He shoots in her face. She'll be blind for a week

majin77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@buildhare: Idk man, I think your downgrading Tobey here

Jonez_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Don't see him beating them all at once. Every single one of them can give him a fight on their own, even Hawkeye with his trick arrow distractions.

juiceboks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 juiceboks  Moderator

The remaining quartet could take him together, he's nowhere near as fast as TASM Spidey and it shows.

How does he tag him, exactly?

nfactor1995

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@buildhare: Who else can take him? He should honestly be capable of pretty handily taking down the trio of Cap, Bucky, and Falcon. Ant-Man could be a problem if he goes giant man. SW is the real problem and the main reason why he doesn't win. But I can't see anyone else on the team giving him trouble if we removed SW.

majin77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@nfactor1995: I believe he's downgrading Tobey's Spidey imo. That's just me.

Sy8000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@highaccuser: how is he handling her? Unless he attacks her by surprise Wanda will Ragdoll him. He may try to throw something at her but she already has blocked Ultron's bots beams and bullets. Wanda solos unless he surprise her, which was not the case in the airport scene.

She didn't do that to MCU Spider-Man she just threw cars at him. Which is a bad move and won't work here.

She pretty much never used TK directly on anyone for the whole movie. Black Widow is the only time I can even think of.

buildhare

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@nfactor1995:

Who else can take him? He should honestly be capable of pretty handily taking down the trio of Cap, Bucky, and Falcon.

I was talking about Hawkeye as well. All four of them together would take him down handily through gear.

Ant-Man could be a problem if he goes giant man.

We're gonna pretend the guy who was wings off a jumbo jet is only a problem? He's well out of Spider-Mans weight class.

But I can't see anyone else on the team giving him trouble if we removed SW.

Tobeyman is strong and durable but he isn't a speedster. Hawkeye, Falcon and Winter Soldier can all one shot him with their weapons, with Cap and Ant-Man (doesn't have to be giant man if he's with the team) there as well Spidey isn't surviving.

@buildhare said:

How does he tag him, exactly?

By punching him? How fast do you think he actually is? I'm not gonna pretend it won't be drawn out a bit by Spider-mans speed but he's going to get tagged eventually, same as with all of his villains.

@majin77 said:

@buildhare: Idk man, I think your downgrading Tobey here

What the hell is he gonna do to Wanda?

Avatar image for linsanel_doctor
linsanel_Doctor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I wouldn't be surprised if Spider-Man beats the crap outta all of them.

nfactor1995

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@buildhare:

We're gonna pretend the guy who was wings off a jumbo jet is only a problem? He's well out of Spider-Mans weight class.

Thing is, he's really slow and easy to avoid, given Spidey's webs and agility/speed. But yes, I'm not sure how Spiderman would put him down (though MCU Spidey staggered him by accidentally banging into the side of his head so...).

Tobeyman is strong and durable but he isn't a speedster. Hawkeye, Falcon and Winter Soldier can all one shot him with their weapons, with Cap and Ant-Man (doesn't have to be giant man if he's with the team) there as well Spidey isn't surviving.

Bucky can one-shot him with what? Falcon could one-shot him if and only if he riddles him with bullets all at the same time, which shouldn't happen. Tobey tanked a pumpkin grenade point blank to the face that smashed him through a brick wall and concrete so I don't really see Hawkeye one-shotting him either.

juiceboks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By juiceboks  Moderator

@buildhare:

By punching him? How fast do you think he actually is?

Significantly faster than Scott by feats, not to mention his agility and maneuverability.

I'm not gonna pretend it won't be drawn out a bit by Spider-mans speed but he's going to get tagged eventually

Why? Scott's the literal representation of a lumbering giant. The two characters he tagged were by accident and by initial surprise respectively.

same as with all of his villains

Since when are the feats of the villains Peter fought translatable to Scott? Regardless, the only villain he fought while wearing the Venom symbiote was Sandman and that was fairly one-sided.

Honestly Peter doesn't even have to fight him straight up. He could easily dance around him until he runs out of energy and reverts back.

linsanel_Doctor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Honestly, Peter has faced worse before. Plus he's getting full knowledge from Tony F*cking Stark. Cap and WS are fodder. Black Widow may as well be dead. Scott is clumsy af. Falcon is nothing special. etc

Revan-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

renamed040924

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

buildhare

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@nfactor1995:

Thing is, he's really slow and easy to avoid, given Spidey's webs and agility/speed. But yes, I'm not sure how Spiderman would put him down

He still tagged War-Machine in flight on occasion, I don't think Tobeyman is gonna be much harder to hit.

(though MCU Spidey staggered him by accidentally banging into the side of his head so...).

I doubt Tobey is going to be capable of much more than that with the direction they seem to be taking Peter in the MCU.

Bucky can one-shot him with what?

Yeah I forgot he didn't have his standard gear there, Bucky is a lot less useful now.

Falcon could one-shot him if and only if he riddles him with bullets all at the same time, which shouldn't happen.

Why not? I don't think Peter has the speed feats to avoid Falcon for long.

Tobey tanked a pumpkin grenade point blank to the face that smashed him through a brick wall and concrete so I don't really see Hawkeye one-shotting him either.

I was referring more to regular arrows and just shooting him. Don't really need anything tricky to hurt him piercing wise, although if we're going to nitpick I think the arrows that burnt through Chitauri chariots or the concussion arrow from AOU could do the trick.

buildhare

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@juiceboks:

Significantly faster than Scott by feats, not to mention his agility and maneuverability.

Not denying that, but he can't avoid it indefinitely.

Why? Scott's the literal representation of a lumbering giant. The two characters he tagged were by accident and by initial surprise respectively.

He hit War-Machine in flight, he's slow but not incompetent.

Since when are the feats of the villains Peter fought translatable to Scott?

Since none of them bar venom are particularly fast either. If Spidey was lightning quick he shouldn't have struggled with either of the goblins, Sandman or even Ock...but he did. Giant-Man would be the second slowest on that list but the point is that Spider-Man has never been portrayed as untaggable by much slower combatants. It's just a matter of time.

Honestly Peter doesn't even have to fight him straight up. He could easily dance around him until he runs out of energy and reverts back.

We have no idea how long that would take.

TheWatcherKing

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By TheWatcherKing

@nickzambuto: I said Spider-Man wasn't stated to be more powerful with the black suit. Unless you were talking about this Spider-Man being stronger than the one in the mcu, in which case my mistake.

juiceboks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By juiceboks  Moderator

@buildhare:

Not denying that, but he can't avoid it indefinitely.

He doesn't have to. Scott can't maintain that form for very long.

He hit War-Machine in flight, he's slow but not incompetent.

Rhodes wasn't paying any attention to him, and he never tagged him again once he decided to engage Scott. Besides, James doesn't have Peter's agility, reaction time or Pre-cog.

Since none of them bar venom are particularly fast either. If Spidey was lightning quick he shouldn't have struggled with either of the goblins, Sandman or even Ock...but he did.

What are you talking about? Just because they don't have much if any quantifiable speed feats doesn't automatically make them objectively slow. They're all obviously superhuman, and contending with Peter is proof enough of that. And again, you're forgetting the only one he ever fought with the Venom symbiote was Flint and he had the upperhand throughout the encounter.

Giant-Man would be the second slowest on that list

Based on absolutely nothing but your decision to ignore the fact that contending with a character requires one to have comparable speed, damning context withstanding. For someone that debates for the relatively limited showings of MCU characters, I'm surprised you're taking that stance.

the point is that Spider-Man has never been portrayed as untaggable by much slower combatants

Combatants that through their own speed, skill and agility have proven to be capable of landing hits on Peter. Again, this has absolutely nothing to do with Scott. You can't take what other characters have done and apply it to him. I never said Peter was incapable of being tagged, but you still have to prove that Scott can accomplish what others have had mixed results in trying to do.

We have no idea how long that would take.

Sure we do. In Scott's own words he can't hold it for very long, and we saw how long that was.

juiceboks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 juiceboks  Moderator

@nickzambuto: I said Spider-Man wasn't stated to be more powerful with the black suit. Unless you were talking about this Spider-Man being stronger than the one in the mcu, in which case my mistake.

He did, actually. He specifically refers to the power it gave him when he was trying to convince Eddie to take it off.

Loading Video...

Batvibe12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

If Wanda actually utilizes her powers, Team Cap wins.

renamed040924

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@juiceboks: @watcher5000: What I meant was Spider-Man is more powerful than every individual member of Team Cap, not that Spider-Man is more powerful than himself.

buildhare

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@juiceboks:

Rhodes wasn't paying any attention to him, and he never tagged him again once he decided to engage Scott.

Rhodes was firing at him with his sonic cannon when he got tagged, I'm assuming you just forgot but this is completely wrong;

No Caption Provided

Besides, James doesn't have Peter's agility, reaction time or Pre-cog.

He doesn't have his agility but flight probably trumps that. Not sure about reaction times;

Iron Man 3 Prelude: Part 1
Iron Man 3 Prelude: Part 1

...because War-Machine is plenty fast.

What are you talking about? Just because they don't have much if any quantifiable speed feats doesn't automatically make them objectively slow. They're all obviously superhuman, and contending with Peter is proof enough of that.

They aren't slow because they don't have feats. "Most" of them aren't "particularly quick" because a lot of the time they fail to tag someone like Tobeyman, who while quick is nothing resembling a speedster, or even other faster versions of the character like Garfield's. He's strong, he's tough, but the Flash he ain't.

And again, you're forgetting the only one he ever fought with the Venom symbiote was Flint and he had the upperhand throughout the encounter.

This has no relevance to anything I mentioned, I outright said bar venom. Confused as to why you would even bring it up. "Ant-Man beat Yellow-Jacket in his movie!" has about as much relevance to our current discussion as yours does.

Based on absolutely nothing but your decision to ignore the fact that contending with a character requires one to have comparable speed, damning context withstanding.

Based on feats. Giant-Man can tag people like MCU Spidey and War-Machine, are you seriously going to give me shit because I said that means he's faster than Sandman?

Combatants that through their own speed, skill and agility have proven to be capable of landing hits on Peter.

Yes, because people like Sandman are the embodiment of speed, skill and agility. Giant-Man had the speed to tag War-Machine, we also know Scott Lang has proficient H2H skill from his training with Hope and fight with Falcon. Saying he doesn't have the feats for this is lowballing Scott.

Sure we do. In Scott's own words he can't hold it for very long, and we saw how long that was.

Scott got knocked onto his ass and pressed the button to transform back of his own volition, that isn't in line with his initial statement (I can't hold it for very long) which would suggest it's something Scott has no control over. You and I have no idea how very long is, and we never saw him time-out. It's not going to be a factor here when based on the showings he has already he'd tag Spidey within the time frame he's already stayed in that form.

TheWatcherKing

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@juiceboks: @watcher5000: What I meant was Spider-Man is more powerful than every individual member of Team Cap, not that Spider-Man is more powerful than himself.

ok

@watcher5000 said:

He did, actually. He specifically refers to the power it gave him when he was trying to convince Eddie to take it off.

Loading Video...

It seems to me he wasn't talking about the suit when he said the power.

jashro44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Well it is worth noting that Wanda couldn't tag MCU Peter when she tried throwing cars at him. I think its fair to say Rami spider-man is similarly as agile Not sure if its that easy for her to just grab someone and throw them. Giant man seems to be the only issue but Scott has only done that once (discounting the time off screen he did it in a lab) so its pretty out of character. Bucky wasn't using guns in civil war so I think the only threat might be hawkeye.

juiceboks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By juiceboks  Moderator

@buildhare:

Rhodes was firing at him with his sonic cannon when he got tagged, I'm assuming you just forgot but this is completely wrong

I did forget, actually. But even in that instance Rhodes flew right up to Scott in an attempt to amplify the effects of the sonic attack. When he was just flying around him trying to avoid his swipes, he had no trouble doing so.

He doesn't have his agility but flight probably trumps that.

Flight only grants him the ability to move in the air, agility is much more relevant in avoiding a significantly larger and slower opponent. That coupled with his web-slinging and precognition gives him an edge over Rhodes in this scenario. You wouldn't expect WM to do something like use falling debris as platforms.

...because War-Machine is plenty fast

Batting away an RPG is fine but it only couples as a reaction time feat and a showing of how fast he can move his arm. It's not the same as seeing the world around you nearly frozen in time due to your heightened senses.

Juiceboks

Or performing the stunts of speed and agility Peter pulled when saving Gwen. These factors are more relevant to dodging a larger opponent and because of these factors Peter would have a much easier time than even Rhodes did.

"Most" of them aren't "particularly quick" because a lot of the time they fail to tag someone like Tobeyman, who while quick is nothing resembling a speedster, or even other faster versions of the character like Garfield's. He's strong, he's tough, but the Flash he ain't

So they're slow because they've failed to tag him but Peter isn't all that fast because he's been tagged by them? What kind of circular logic is this? Yes he's proved to be faster than most of them but being tagged isn't a bad showing for him and them failing to tag him at certain points doesn't make them slow. So what if he's not as fast as Garfield? Neither is Scott, so why is this relevant? Peter doesn't need to be the Flash to avoid Scott, his agility and speed feats are more than sufficient.

This has no relevance to anything I mentioned, I outright said bar venom. Confused as to why you would even bring it up. "Ant-Man beat Yellow-Jacket in his movie!" has about as much relevance to our current discussion as yours does.

Reread what I said in the context of what I wrote. The fights you've referenced to try and downplay Peter's effectiveness in speed have a version of him weaker than the one in the OP, all except for one fight against Flint that he dominated. Bringing them up as you insist on doing is pointless for your case.

Based on feats. Giant-Man can tag people like MCU Spidey and War-Machine, are you seriously going to give me shit because I said that means he's faster than Sandman?

Based on feats War Machine and MCU Peter can effectively avoid Scott if they focus on that. Peter was only tagged when he wasn't paying attention and Scott was wildly swinging as he went down..not sure why you're counting that. I'm giving you shit because you're using a double standard by referencing Peter's villains that have nothing to do with this matchup to downplay him. That's like citing Cap's fight with Batroc to assert that he has trouble with people much weaker than him and would lose to someone like Daredevil.

Yes, because people like Sandman are the embodiment of speed, skill and agility.

You gonna give me a reason why a man that has conscious control over the millions of grains of sand in his body can't have superhuman speed or just make sarcastic remarks? Flint did actually do more than tag Peter..even in his giant form he eventually managed to catch Harry on his glider in a similar vein as to how Scott tagged WM and would have tagged him more than once if it weren't for Peter's assistance.

Giant-Man had the speed to tag War-Machine, we also know Scott Lang has proficient H2H skill from his training with Hope and fight with Falcon. Saying he doesn't have the feats for this is lowballing Scott.

His h2h skill has no bearing on how fast he moves, his speed was sufficient to sock WM once he got up close to fire a continuous beam but was insufficient to tag him after he focused solely on avoiding him. Not sure what avoiding and dismantling Sam's suit as the size of ant has to do with Scott's performance as a giant, but it's not worth mentioning. I'm not lowballing Scott, he's actually that slow relative to Peter.

Scott got knocked onto his ass and pressed the button to transform back of his own volition, that isn't in line with his initial statement (I can't hold it for very long) which would suggest it's something Scott has no control over

Why would he do that if he didn't have to? "I can't hold it for very long" simply suggests that he can't sustain himself in that form for one reason or another. He has control over his ability to alter his size, not the effects the process has on his body. More than likely the pressure of expanding his mass to that level would have some permanent damage to his body if he continued to stay in that state.

You and I have no idea how very long is, and we never saw him time-out

Yes, we do. Scott's tech doesn't have a time-out function, everything he does is up to him. He changed back because he knew he couldn't sustain that form for any longer, which would be a reasonable conclusion from the tests we know he did of it.

It's not going to be a factor here when based on the showings he has already he'd tag Spidey within the time frame he's already stayed in that form.

Based on showings he's not tagging Peter unless the latter allows it. Also by showings he's not oneshotting Peter in the event he does manage to land a hit, not when the latter has brushed off being hit by a speeding train and pounded on by Sandman the size of a large building certainly larger than Scott.

juiceboks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 juiceboks  Moderator

@watcher5000: He was clearly referencing his own struggle with the symbiote..which was the plot throughout the majority of the film. What else could he be talking about that would be relevant to Eddie?

GXrevs06

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Peter wholesale blitzes

linsanel_Doctor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Loading Video...

g2_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 3

Yes he can. With knowledge, he will blitz Wanda and beat the crap out of the others.