Can A Lightsaber Cut Vibranium?

Corbincomicz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 10

#1  Edited By Corbincomicz

So I was thinking about a battle between Captain America and Darth Vader. But I wanted to know if a lightsaber can break Vibranium. I know that lightsabers are believed to have come from magic origin, but I don't know if magic has ever broken Captain America's shield:

SirDrProfessor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By SirDrProfessor

If you're thinking of making a battle between Captain America and Darth Vader, don't. Vader stomps.

On topic: No, I don't think a lightsaber can cut vibranium, but I could be wrong.

spartankobe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By spartankobe

Well lightsaber's in Star Wars can't break cortosis-weaves, which are what the vibroblades(swords) in Star Wars are made out of. I don't know how strong Vibranium is compared to cortosis but maybe this info can give you somewhere to start.

Oh yeah and also Vader stomps I forgot to add XD

He can TK the shield or TK Captain American immediately if he wished.

Avatar image for deactivated-60fae469e992f
deactivated-60fae469e992f

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

A lightsaber could probably cut through marvel 616 Vibranium given a good few hacks. It would definitely be resistant to lightsabers

Also, Caps sheild is proto-adamantium. Not Vibranium

Also dont make Cap vs Vader. Vader would stomp

Van_Cere

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

Could probably make scratches like a normal sword on a normal shield. But if it is a prolonged strike, it might be able to slowly cut through. Slowly.

Wolfrazer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Wolfrazer

@spartankobe said:

Well lightsaber's in Star Wars can't break cortosis-weaves, which are what the vibroblades(swords) in Star Wars are made out of. I don't know how strong Vibranium is compared to cortosis but maybe this info can give you somewhere to start.

Well Cortosis can be cut through, it just takes work at it. See ShadowTroopers in JK: JO, their armor is made entirely of cortosis and they can take a few hits from a lightsaber, but can still end up dying. Cortosis can deflect or short out a saber, but it's not a total immunity to lightsabers.

spartankobe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@spartankobe said:

Well Cortosis can be cut through, it just takes work at it. See ShadowTroopers in JK: JO, their armor is made entirely of cortosis and they can take a few hits from a lightsaber, but can still end up dying. Cortosis can deflect or short out a saber, but it's not a total immunity to lightsabers.

Oh right, so it can take quite a beating from lightsabers at least. Do you think Vibranium would do better or worse against lightsabers?

Wolfrazer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@spartankobe: Well I dunno how good Vibranium is, but given this is Marvel I'm sure it has some ridiculous feats.

Carrickclash03

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

I'd say it can.... I mean Star Wars is based in a galaxy far away, with some planets that are super advanced with way more advanced tech then they have in the mcu, in the movies a light saber cuts through all kinds of metal, like doors that are meant to keep people out, because of there advanced tech, that metal that the light sabers cut is probably ridiculously strong, as strong as vibranium... but that's not factual

robertloucksjr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Cap's shield laughs off a light saber attack.

Nomar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'd say it can.... I mean Star Wars is based in a galaxy far away, with some planets that are super advanced with way more advanced tech then they have in the mcu, in the movies a light saber cuts through all kinds of metal, like doors that are meant to keep people out, because of there advanced tech, that metal that the light sabers cut is probably ridiculously strong, as strong as vibranium... but that's not factual

Being in a galaxy far away and "advanced" has no meaning. I've never understood why people think something being in the future or "advanced" means it will do better than a fictional verse set in the present. Take Stargate for instance, the ships Earth has in that show are far more advanced than a lot of advanced in the future tech in fiction. Heck the Daedalus would wreck any canon SWs craft I've seen and they actually abuse their teleportation tech to destroy enemies that can't shield against it.

HighAccuser

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Yes

Carrickclash03

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#14  Edited By Carrickclash03

@nomar: the reason people think, wait never mind the reason people Know is because look at us as humanity for exzample we have come a long long long way in 300 years.. because you figure out a bunch of more stuff, and sometimes it takes a long while to figure it out.. and Star Wars isn't based in the future anyway, so I don't know what your disagreeing with what I said, all I said was because if there advanced tech they would would have advanced stuff and light sabers cut through it so it will probably cut through vibranium... use logic... gosh. I don't know why your acting like we don't advance as time goes, look up what life was like 1000 years ago then come back and tell me what you learned

killers10333

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

According to because science (if you care to bring real science into a fictional fight haha), a light saber can cut through caps shield given time, due to its extreme heat.. but it could parry a few strikes no doubt