• 59 results
Fetts

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Fetts

The fight takes place in the shipyards of Gotham City. The fight is to the death or KO. For those of you who don't know Cad Bane he was (in my opinion) second best bounty hunter (next to Durge) during the Clone Wars. It took both Masters Kenobi and Vos to defeat him. He managed to steal a Jedi holocron form the Jedi temple. And he has some nifty gadgets. I'm sure none of you need me telling you who Batman is. Batman is equipped with his usual arsenal and Cad Bane is fitted with his (duel BlasTech LL-30 blaster pistols, jetpack thrusters, flamethrower, non-lethal stunners, and cable launcher. 

No Caption Provided

vs 

No Caption Provided
The_Elemetal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By The_Elemetal

Personally i would have to say Batman for this one, because of his intellect, and just all around skill

spystreak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 9

#3  Edited By spystreak

I'm going to say batman he's dealt with others using equipment simmilar to Bane & I have yet to see Bane take down anyone
k4tzm4n

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

User Lists: 1

#4  Edited By k4tzm4n  Moderator

I'd actually like to see this turn into something better.

Since it looks like many people don't know him, here's one example of Cad in action:

k4tzm4n

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By k4tzm4n  Moderator

Also, any Embo fans out there? I noticed he doesn't even have a profile.

Fetts

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Fetts

Embo is ftw. He's kicks ass with his hat Captain America style.

Avatar image for deranged_midget
Deranged Midget

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 4

#7  Edited By Deranged Midget

If Cad kept a distance, I could see him taking a majority.

k4tzm4n

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By k4tzm4n  Moderator

@Deranged Midget: It seems in character for him to try and keep a distance.

Avatar image for deranged_midget
Deranged Midget

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 4

#9  Edited By Deranged Midget

@k4tzm4n said:

@Deranged Midget: It seems in character for him to try and keep a distance.

Indeed and if that's the case, Bruce is going down.

JediXMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 16

#10  Edited By JediXMan  Moderator

Batman, because Cad Bane sucks.

Fetts

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Fetts
@JediXMan: ....It took both Quinlan and Obi-Wan to defeat Cad Bane. If they hadn't teamed up one of them would have most likely died. 

But you're the pro...I'm the noob...so you're probably going to prove me wrong in some badass and knowledgeable way and get applause and have some girl ask for your number and get an award and make millions and all that jazz....
k4tzm4n

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By k4tzm4n  Moderator

@Fetts: @JediXMan: Eh, Cad has had both good and bad showings, IMHO. I think his tech and dirtier tactics make him rather dangerous at times, but it seems like it's very circumstantial for him. (location, starting distance, etc)

Silver2467

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Silver2467
@Fetts said:
@JediXMan: ....It took both Quinlan and Obi-Wan to defeat Cad Bane. If they hadn't teamed up one of them would have most likely died.
Cad was also beaten up by an unarmed Ahsoka. So no, he would not beat Obi-Wan or Quin.
k4tzm4n

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By k4tzm4n  Moderator

@Silver2467: It seems like he played possum once he was dropped just so he could electrocute her (he was also the one who disarmed her ;) ). Like I said, the guy has a fair amount of feats in the impressive and not-so impressive range. It makes him tough to judge, but I think in an open environment and ample starting distance he'd pose quite a threat.

k4tzm4n

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By k4tzm4n  Moderator

Just so people can see what we're discussing:

(begins around 0:50)

Silver2467

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By Silver2467
@k4tzm4n: Regardless, using his encounter with Quin and Obi-Wan as a feat is laughable. His droid had to save him repeatedly, all he really did is run away while shooting at them, and the writing of the fight was so poorly written that even when Obi-Wan disarmed him Cad somehow managed to just grab Obi-Wan's arm and electrocute him. Why Obi-Wan and Quin were all of a sudden too stupid to just TK him or throw their lightsabers at him is beyond me.

But then again, this is TCW, the show whose reputation for disregarding continuity is comparable to the entire Legacy era, The Force Unleashed, and The Old Republic.
k4tzm4n

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By k4tzm4n  Moderator

@Silver2467: I don't agree that the droid "saved" him repeatedly. It distracted Quin for a moment during a melee and allowed him to sweep/knock him off the ledge, but it's entirely up for debate what would have happened (in the confines of the cartoon, of course) otherwise. Cad could have electrocuted him, flown/jumped to another ledge, or indeed he could have lost. When the droid attacked Obi Wan it was barely a fraction of a second and ended with a simple force push. Obi and Cad weren't even engaging at this time. Could you dispute that this mere fraction of a second allowed Cad to fly away? Sure (not to mention Cad didn't fly away until after that happened), but I believe it's equally feasible to believe the same would have happened without the droid, too. It's rather CIS induced since Obi was merely staring down at him, but to believe he could have flown away without that droid stepping in his hardly one of the more far-fetched situations presented and not hard for me to swallow at all.

Eh, I imagine quite a few encounters would be easily resolved if they always took the most effective route (using the force) ;)

(I'm still shaking my fist over Grievous falling to Gungans, lol)

Regardless, I personally don't believe Batman's reflexes are as good as Obi's, nor does he have the luxury of a weapon to deflect incoming fire. In the open environment of Gotham City I think this could be a good fight to watch (with solid starting distance of course). I can see either taking it, really. Cad needs to play it smart and focus on his distance and tech. If he does that, I think it's possible for him to win. However, if he takes it in close range, it's too likely for Batman to ragdoll him while he's using his jetboots (line around the ankles, for example) or just to completely school him. In that scenario, Cad could take a win or two from a dirty last resort via electricity, but it's more likely Bat's would flat-out KO him if he came down to close range.

We're in agreement that it's false to believe Cad can beat two Jedi (or even one). But that's not my point, nor was it ever (you're at odds with Fetts on that, not me). I presented that video because, in my opinion, it's the best video to use for the character because it shows a majority of his equipment put to use. That way people know what he's bringing to the table and can form their own conclusions.

PikminMania

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#18  Edited By PikminMania

@JediXMan said:

Batman, because Cad Bane sucks.

I knew this was coming.

ReVamp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#19  Edited By ReVamp

Blah, you guys just reminded me how much I hate the Cartoon Series.

Silver2467

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By Silver2467
@k4tzm4n said:

@Silver2467: I don't agree that the droid "saved" him repeatedly. It distracted Quin for a moment during a melee and allowed him to sweep/knock him off the ledge, but it's entirely up for debate what would have happened (in the confines of the cartoon, of course) otherwise. Cad could have electrocuted him, flown/jumped to another ledge, or indeed he could have lost.

Quin was deflecting Cad's fire easily enough and closing the distance. He could have disarmed Cad and incapacitated him with his lightsaber easily enough, as he has done so before. Besides, Quin knows Force Deflection which he has employed to redirect blaster bolts, which further grants opportunity for him to use his lightsaber for another tactic. That aside, he has shown to deflect blaster bolts with his lightsaber and send Force pushes toward opponents at the same time; so the option was there but was simply unused. Regarding electrocution, I have never seen Cad's electrical discharge from his gauntlet ever be used without physical contact; so unless he tagged Quin, that would be an unlikely outcome (maybe you know of a showing where his electricity was projected at range though). Jumping away lacks feasibility, in my opinion. Quin was only a couple meters away. If Cad jumped or flew, Quin could just jump after him, similar to how Obi-Wan leaped over Bane. Or, as I said, Quin could do what he should do and just throw his lightsaber (scans below). Besides, that whole fight seemed to undersell Quin's agility. Vos is among the best of the Jedi of his time in respects to acrobatics/evasion. The chase, which majorly centered around leaping between jagged rock formations while concurrently deflecting incoming projectiles, should have been easy for Quin to handle. He has encountered far worse (again, scans below). I also will refrain from wasting your time discussing how fast Quin and Obi-Wan are on their feet because TCW treats Force Speed the way the movies do (i.e., presenting the explanation that combat sequences are slowed down enough to see the movements of the Jedi's blades), but even then, their speed is beyond the level of a non-Force sensitive Duros. So that would provide another advantage.
No Caption Provided

No Caption Provided

No Caption Provided

And for my last note on the subject, as I said above, Quin has closed in on a foe, blocking blaster bolts with his lightsaber and disarmed them. So if his battle with Cad were based on Quin's previous combat performances, it should have ended this way: 
 Checkmate, my friend.
 Checkmate, my friend.

When the droid attacked Obi Wan it was barely a fraction of a second and ended with a simple force push. Obi and Cad weren't even engaging at this time. Could you dispute that this mere fraction of a second allowed Cad to fly away? Sure (not to mention Cad didn't fly away until after that happened), but I believe it's equally feasible to believe the same would have happened without the droid, too. It's rather CIS induced since Obi was merely staring down at him, but to believe he could have flown away without that droid stepping in his hardly one of the more far-fetched situations presented and not hard for me to swallow at all.

Conceded. 

However, this does nothing to detract from the point I made about Cad's implausible achievement in electrocuting Obi-Wan. The reason that happened is because Obi-Wan, for whatever purpose outside my ability to comprehend, found a falling lightsaber in need of greater attention than his still standing opponent. When he did, his Force senses also failed to forewarn him of what was coming, and Cad somehow grabbed Obi-Wan's arm and electrocuted him. To be honest, I see that as the real instance of CIS and PIS as opposed to the example where Obi-Wan looked down on Cad. That could be attributed to Obi-Wan underestimating him due their advantageous positions, which would constitute CIS, but that hardly compares to the curiosity that a falling lightsaber struck Obi-Wan with.

Eh, I imagine quite a few encounters would be easily resolved if they always took the most effective route (using the force) ;)

Of course. The difference is that in the comics and novels, they often are. In fact, in a few of the scans I posted above, Quin TKs enemies away from himself. 

(I'm still shaking my fist over Grievous falling to Gungans, lol)

I feel you. 

Regardless, I personally don't believe Batman's reflexes are as good as Obi's, nor does he have the luxury of a weapon to deflect incoming fire. In the open environment of Gotham City I think this could be a good fight to watch (with solid starting distance of course). I can see either taking it, really. Cad needs to play it smart and focus on his distance and tech. If he does that, I think it's possible for him to win. However, if he takes it in close range, it's too likely for Batman to ragdoll him while he's using his jetboots (line around the ankles, for example) or just to completely school him. In that scenario, Cad could take a win or two from a dirty last resort via electricity, but it's more likely Bat's would flat-out KO him if he came down to close range.

LOL. Batman's reflexes are nowhere even remotely close to Obi-Wan's. Obi-Wan has deflected blaster fire from a couple hundred droids simultaneously. Batman has enough trouble with only a few thugs shooting at him. But anyway, I concur with this assessment. It depends on how they approach one another.

We're in agreement that it's false to believe Cad can beat two Jedi (or even one). But that's not my point, nor was it ever (you're at odds with Fetts on that, not me). I presented that video because, in my opinion, it's the best video to use for the character because it shows a majority of his equipment put to use. That way people know what he's bringing to the table and can form their own conclusions.

Fair enough.
Silver2467

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By Silver2467
@ReVamp said:

For what it is, the show itself is not that bad. The reason it bothers me is less because of its story, animation, or character quality and more because of how it affects continuity. Setting aside its placement in SW canon, I really can't fault TCW for its delivery because it is aimed at a much younger audience.
Fetts

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By Fetts
@Silver2467 said:

@Fetts said:

Cad was also beaten up by an unarmed Ahsoka. So no, he would not beat Obi-Wan or Quin.
Unless my memory fails me, wasn't it because Cad tried to use H2H combat (which I will admit was rather stupid of him)? I'm sure if he used his weapons he could have taken her. 

TCW, the show whose reputation for disregarding continuity is comparable to the entire Legacy era, The Force Unleashed, and The Old Republic.

I agree 110%. 

Plus, now that I think about it, TCW really seems to downgrade the Jedi in terms of power when you compare it to the EU. 
TheBatman586

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By TheBatman586

Batman.

Silver2467

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By Silver2467
@Fetts said:
I'm sure if he used his weapons he could have taken her.
At that that close distance? Unlikely.
Fetts

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By Fetts
@k4tzm4n: Your avatar=win
Fetts

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By Fetts
@Silver2467 said:
@Fetts said:
I'm sure if he used his weapons he could have taken her.
At that that close distance? Unlikely.
What if it was via flamethrower? I also recall Cad Bane disarming her with a wrist cord at close range.
@Silver2467 said:

@ReVamp said:

For what it is, the show itself is not that bad. The reason it bothers me is less because of its story, animation, or character quality and more because of how it affects continuity. Setting aside its placement in SW canon, I really can't fault TCW for its delivery because it is aimed at a much younger audience.
Again, I can't agree with you anymore. Hell, this is tempting me to write a blog about it.
ReVamp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By ReVamp

@Fetts: Just because it was intended for younger audiences doesn't mean I have to like it.

Silver2467

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By Silver2467
@ReVamp said:

@Fetts: Just because it was intended for younger audiences doesn't mean I have to like it.

No one ever said you did. I don't really like the show either, and in some ways, I wholly expect you not to like the show because TCW was never targeted at people like you and me. Our responses to you were just exposition on judging TCW for what it is.
ReVamp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By ReVamp

@Silver2467: I know, I just wanted to clarify that because his desire to write a blog was interpreted by me as justifying the series.

Silver2467

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By Silver2467
@ReVamp: Fair enough.
Fetts

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By Fetts
@ReVamp: I'm not a huge fan of it myself either. There's some good episodes that I might find good but I'll hardly ever watch it. I usually watch the first 5 minutes of the episode to see if it sucks or not. And usually it sucks. And time to time I'll watch it just because I'm flat out bored.
k4tzm4n

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By k4tzm4n  Moderator

On iPhone so this will be brief: Point is there are a lot of possible scenarios w the first example, one being him losing in a variety of ways. Based on what was taking place, i dont view jumping away as any less likely, either. It looks like we're on the same page with the rest, which I'm grateful for because typing on this thing is a pain.

jeanroygrant

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By jeanroygrant

@Deranged Midget said:

If Cad kept a distance, I could see him taking a majority.

Silver2467

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By Silver2467
@k4tzm4n said:

On iPhone so this will be brief: Point is there are a lot of possible scenarios w the first example, one being him losing in a variety of ways. Based on what was taking place, i dont view jumping away as any less likely, either.

Well, let me reiterate it this way: If in the show Cad jumped away, then I agree with you; it probably would have worked. But if the fight were being written in a more direct manner where plot restrictions are inconsequential, then Quin had possibilities for dealing with that. I think we might have been thinking about this from two different perspectives and contexts, you from an in-the-show perspective and me from an out-of-the-show perspective, which is probably where part of our disagreement lies.

It looks like we're on the same page with the rest, which I'm grateful for because typing on this thing is a pain.

All right. 

As usual, good discussion, k4tz. 
k4tzm4n

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By k4tzm4n  Moderator

If plot points were inconsequential then it would have ended in mere seconds, lol. You too.

k4tzm4n

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By k4tzm4n  Moderator

I wish Embo had more showings.

JediXMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 16

#37  Edited By JediXMan  Moderator

@k4tzm4n said:

@Fetts: @JediXMan: Eh, Cad has had both good and bad showings, IMHO. I think his tech and dirtier tactics make him rather dangerous at times, but it seems like it's very circumstantial for him. (location, starting distance, etc)

Going to be honest: I don't really care about feats. I just know anything related to the Clone Wars show is crap.

k4tzm4n

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By k4tzm4n  Moderator

@JediXMan: :(

PhoenixTitan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Batman

doctordoom789

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'd say Cad Bane takes a majority. He has the feat of going toe to toe with two Jedi at once, and has better mobility and ranged weapons, faster weapons etc.

Avatar image for deactivated-5cba198d655f5
deactivated-5cba198d655f5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Going with Batman

Lord_Tenebrous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Cad keeps a distance and guns him down. If it gets to CQC, Batman wins.

Embo though, by feats he speedblitzes.

Avatar image for theonewhoknocks
TheOneWhoKnocks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Good match actually. Probably Batman, he has the edge H2H and in this environment he can definitely close the distance.

WollfMyth209

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Without prep, Bats is up against a faster opponent with superior gear. Even if it gets CQC, Cad has ways of getting out of that perdicament and once again taking the advantage(though how much that'll work is debatable).

Either way, I suppose.

Erkanbeater

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Cad bane would speedblitz de palpatine let alone rots palpatine let alone any jedi let alone batman

Erkanbeater

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

mismatch

Erkanbeater

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Bane breaks his back again

Avatar image for deactivated-5f3f3e796cbd9
deactivated-5f3f3e796cbd9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Cad if he keeps his distance.

Jirou

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

batman beats another unremarkable enemy.