Broly vs SSj2 Teen Gohan

Def_Con_Jon#1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Def_Con_Jon#1

Me and my friends were arguing about this crap i believe that Broly would destroy Gohan but they say differently, please help me settle this
Psyker star

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 5

#2  Edited By Psyker star

Broly would win

Wisppeons

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#3  Edited By Wisppeons
@Psyker star said:
" Broly would win "
Grand Ninja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By Grand Ninja

Broly.

Superparody

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Superparody

Broly he beat Gohan to a pulp until the evil plot saved him
randumo24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By randumo24

Gohan 4 sure. Goku defeated Broly at SSJ1, SSJ2 Gohan is just as strong, and much, much, much faster.
kagetaicho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By kagetaicho

Broly curbstomps.

randumo24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By randumo24

let's see, I have reasoning why Gohan beats Broly. Why do you think Broly would win? Anybody?
Superparody

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Superparody

I belive broly will win because of the second movie... and legendary super sayen form KEEPS PUMPING YOU FULL OF ENERGY not draining it like SSJ2  
plus broly owns planets with a single uncharged energy blast in the last 2 movies brolly has been toying with them the hole time.. then the writers were like  
"crap he is way to op!" 
"what do we do?" 
"Ummm make it so they do a famly kamahamahha and send him into the sun" 
sigh... 
if i had my way broly would have murdered them all... then went off to stomp the hulk...
Avatar image for deactivated-5ffc7df6492da
deactivated-5ffc7df6492da

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

User Lists: 2

Broly wastes Gohan!

ThanosIsMad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By ThanosIsMad
@randumo24 said:
" Gohan 4 sure. Goku defeated Broly at SSJ1, SSJ2 Gohan is just as strong, and much, much, much faster. "
Goku absorbed the strength of all of his friends, formed a Spirit Bomb and launched Brolly to the sun and didn't even kill him.  The problem with Brolly is that he gets stronger constantly.  Unless Gohan can put him down fast, which he won't be able to since his power was near SSJ2 to begin with, and his power would surely eclispe Gohan's during the duration of the fight.
Klandicar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Klandicar
@ThanosIsMad said:

" @randumo24 said:

" Gohan 4 sure. Goku defeated Broly at SSJ1, SSJ2 Gohan is just as strong, and much, much, much faster. "
Goku absorbed the strength of all of his friends, formed a Spirit Bomb and launched Brolly to the sun and didn't even kill him.  The problem with Brolly is that he gets stronger constantly.  Unless Gohan can put him down fast, which he won't be able to since his power was near SSJ2 to begin with, and his power would surely eclispe Gohan's during the duration of the fight. "
It wasn't a spirit bomb.  It was a punch with the combined force of all his friends.  He punched Broly in the spot where he got stabbed as a baby so he busted open and exploded.  It was PIS at its finest.  But that only helps your case.  ;)

Maybe if this was mystic Gohan he would have a chance but teen SSJ 2 would get owned...badly.
ThanosIsMad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By ThanosIsMad

I must be confusing Brolly's defeat with someone elses.  I know that in one of the movies, Goku made a Spirit Bomb, went Super Saiyan and absorbed the energy into his body to hit someone.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@randumo24:
Oh see people are saying Broly beats SSJ (whatever that J means?) 2 Gohan and he beat Cell so if Broly could beat Gohan then Broly could beat Cell. Oh OWNED!!!! (Yes this is the only reason I wake up every morning.)
Klandicar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By Klandicar
@ThanosIsMad said:

" I must be confusing Brolly's defeat with someone elses.  I know that in one of the movies, Goku made a Spirit Bomb, went Super Saiyan and absorbed the energy into his body to hit someone. "

It was that movie.  He just used the power to fight evenly with Broly.  He was about to get finished by Broly then Vegeta gave him the power (reluctantly), Goku blocks Broly's punch and Broly gets nervous.  Then they clash one more time and Goku lands a punch in his gut, Broly explodes, and the movie ends.
randumo24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By randumo24
@ThanosIsMad said:
" @randumo24 said:
Goku absorbed the strength of all of his friends, formed a Spirit Bomb and launched Brolly to the sun and didn't even kill him.  The problem with Brolly is that he gets stronger constantly.  Unless Gohan can put him down fast, which he won't be able to since his power was near SSJ2 to begin with, and his power would surely eclispe Gohan's during the duration of the fight. "

whoa, wrong wrong wrong. For one, a hurt SSJ1 Goku abosorbed energy into him and beat Broly with one punch to the stomach, not a spirit bomb.  SSJ1 Gohan fought near even with LSSJ Broly in the 2nd movie. Take into account he was weaker there than when he was a kid. Now add SSJ2 to the mix and that's a big power up. Gohan, unlike Vegeta & Goku, had no trouble what so ever maintaining SSJ2. In fact, SSJ2 is much easier to maintain than SSJ3, which is why it has it's advantages. Due to Gohan's hidden powers, he easily maintains SSJ2 without troble. Notice in this video below, Gohan launches a bigger kamehameha than Goku did which exausted Goku(the IT Kamehameha). Not only that, but Gohan still had enough left in the tank at SSJ2 to continue the entire fight with Cell and the final, huge, Kamehameha battle to finally kill Cell later on. 

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ThanosIsMad said:
"I must be confusing Brolly's defeat with someone elses.  I know that in one of the movies, Goku made a Spirit Bomb, went Super Saiyan and absorbed the energy into his body to hit someone. "
The spirit bomb is the favorite way to kill any movie DBZ villian
kagetaicho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By kagetaicho
@randumo24 said:

" @ThanosIsMad said:

" @randumo24 said:

whoa, wrong wrong wrong. For one, a hurt SSJ1 Goku abosorbed energy into him and beat Broly with one punch to the stomach, not a spirit bomb.  SSJ1 Gohan fought near even with LSSJ Broly in the 2nd movie. Take into account he was weaker there than when he was a kid. Now add SSJ2 to the mix and that's a big power up. Gohan, unlike Vegeta & Goku, had no trouble what so ever maintaining SSJ2. In fact, SSJ2 is much easier to maintain than SSJ3, which is why it has it's advantages. Due to Gohan's hidden powers, he easily maintains SSJ2 without troble. Notice in this video below, Gohan launches a bigger kamehameha than Goku did which exausted Goku(the IT Kamehameha). Not only that, but Gohan still had enough left in the tank at SSJ2 to continue the entire fight with Cell and the final, huge, Kamehameha battle to finally kill Cell later on. 

"
It was the combined power of Goku,Vegeta,Piccolo,and Gohan all in one. It acted like a mini spirit bomb. And the second time they fought he was clearly stronger than ssj2 gohan,ssj2 goku and ssj1 goten combined. It was only because of Trunk's cheap tactic that he lost. I do believe however that Mystic Gohan could beat him.
randumo24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By randumo24
@reaper2923 said:
"@ThanosIsMad said:
"I must be confusing Brolly's defeat with someone elses.  I know that in one of the movies, Goku made a Spirit Bomb, went Super Saiyan and absorbed the energy into his body to hit someone. "
The spirit bomb is the favorite way to kill any movie DBZ villian "

it requires help tho, somebody has  to distract the enemy. It's definetly a PIS move.  SSJ2 Gohan beats Broly and I have yet to hear any real reason that Broly would win other than the people that love Broly saying he's awesome.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@randumo24:
Cuz Broly and 300 are the only pictures of half naked that you can have on your wall and not be considered gay.
randumo24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By randumo24
@reaper2923 said:
"@randumo24: Cuz Broly and 300 are the only pictures of half naked that you can have on your wall and not be considered gay. "

lol, Gohan does win this. I don't know where some of you people come up with this stuff about Broly. BTW I have seen all 3 Broly movies and both battles SSJ2 Gohan has fought, so I do know what I am talking about on each. Watch the video, no spirit bomb, just a really strong punch to the gut. 

Avatar image for debonairbbrooklyn
debonairBbrooklyn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

broly easily  he's basicaly as strong as  a super sayian 3

randumo24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By randumo24
@debonairBbrooklyn said:
"broly easily  he's basicaly as strong as  a super sayian 3 "

no way, if that were true, he wouldn't have gotten killed by SSJ1 Goku. It should be obvious, but SSJ2 Gohan>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>SSJ1 Goku
ssj3broly

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By ssj3broly

first off, how many SSJ's is equal to one SSJ2? Two? Three at full power? In the first movie, Broly was up against 4 ASCENDED SSJs and a full power Piccolo, dont forget that this takes place during the 10 day wait before the cell games but after everyone had there turn in the hyperbolic time chamber. He defeated all of them without being injured or outclassed in any way, shape, or form. The only way they could defeat him was by putting all of there power into Goku, which he used in one pin-point strike to Broly's only weak spot where he was stabbed as a baby. AND HE DIDN"T EVEN DIE!. He comes back in the Second movie to kick ass and take names, and it took Goku, Goten and Gohan ( by the way, Gohan was SSJ2 in this part, don't believe me? watch the movie) to throw a three way super kamehameha at him. They were lucky of course, the blast didn't harm him but it did force him into the heart of the sun, which desintigrated him.  Oh ya, also Broly's power never decreases, only increases exponentially as a fight wears on, so much so he has to discharge all that build up like he did in the first movie. SSJ2 Gohan would get murked the fuck out by Broly in a 1 on 1 fight. 

MisterGuyMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By MisterGuyMan

That's the first 15 seconds of the Broly movie.  In case you're not sure what that is, it's the Southern galaxy being destroyed by Broly.  He's a galaxy buster.  SS2 is, at best, a solar system buster, according to Cell.  You have to get to Buu before you reach galactic thread.  In the anime Buu is shown to destroy a galaxy as well.
Mortein

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By Mortein
@MisterGuyMan said:

"

That's the first 15 seconds of the Broly movie.  In case you're not sure what that is, it's the Southern galaxy being destroyed by Broly.  He's a galaxy buster.  SS2 is, at best, a solar system buster, according to Cell.  You have to get to Buu before you reach galactic thread.  In the anime Buu is shown to destroy a galaxy as well. "
actually, it took buu few years to destroy a whole galaxy (anime buu)
Superparody

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By Superparody

Broly is maximum Broly will stomp...when the battle starts broly and gohan would be equal but then broly's power will just increase and he will stomp gohan
Avatar image for thesavageassasin
TheSavageAssasin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By TheSavageAssasin
@reaper2923 said:
" Broly wastes Gohan! "
For Sure Broly CurbStomp!
randumo24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By randumo24
@ssj3broly said:
"first off, how many SSJ's is equal to one SSJ2? Two? Three at full power? In the first movie, Broly was up against 4 ASCENDED SSJs and a full power Piccolo, dont forget that this takes place during the 10 day wait before the cell games but after everyone had there turn in the hyperbolic time chamber. He defeated all of them without being injured or outclassed in any way, shape, or form. The only way they could defeat him was by putting all of there power into Goku, which he used in one pin-point strike to Broly's only weak spot where he was stabbed as a baby. AND HE DIDN"T EVEN DIE!. He comes back in the Second movie to kick ass and take names, and it took Goku, Goten and Gohan ( by the way, Gohan was SSJ2 in this part, don't believe me? watch the movie) to throw a three way super kamehameha at him. They were lucky of course, the blast didn't harm him but it did force him into the heart of the sun, which desintigrated him.  Oh ya, also Broly's power never decreases, only increases exponentially as a fight wears on, so much so he has to discharge all that build up like he did in the first movie. SSJ2 Gohan would get murked the fuck out by Broly in a 1 on 1 fight.  "

Broly never fought an ascended Sayian, none of them powered up to that degree against Broly. Not to mention that Gohan killed 7 Cell Jrs with little effort, who were each more powerful than any of the Saiyans. Broly wasn't able to kill anybody of power, yet Gohan was able to, if you count movies. Kill 11 powerful beings in his SSJ2 form, 9 of them with a single punch or kick. Show me anybody who Broly killed? That's right, he didn't manage to kill any of them, and he had more than one shot at Gohan. I have seen the movie, Gohan fought at SSJ1.
blackmanlove

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By blackmanlove

this has been done before most people said broly. 

and all broly as to do is blow up the planet ane whatch gohon die
Mortein

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By Mortein
@ThanosIsMad said:
" I must be confusing Brolly's defeat with someone elses.  I know that in one of the movies, Goku made a Spirit Bomb, went Super Saiyan and absorbed the energy into his body to hit someone. "
that was some android
randumo24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By randumo24
@blackmanlove said:
"this has been done before most people said broly.   and all broly as to do is blow up the planet ane whatch gohon die "

one, that's not how battles go. otherwise that could happen in a lot of fights. Most people are wrong btw. Here, I will give you a list of known beings killed by each one in SSJ2/LSSJ ok. 

Broly: n/a                           

Gohan: Cell Jrs x7 
              Cell 
              Bujin
              Bido  
              Bojack
konnick33x

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By konnick33x
@randumo24 said:
"@blackmanlove said:
"this has been done before most people said broly.   and all broly as to do is blow up the planet ane whatch gohon die "

one, that's not how battles go. otherwise that could happen in a lot of fights. Most people are wrong btw. Here, I will give you a list of known beings killed by each one in SSJ2/LSSJ ok. 

Broly: n/a                           

Gohan: Cell Jrs x7               Cell               Bujin              Bido                Bojack "

that's a good point, I was gonna say Broly, but now I think Gohan will take this.
SwaggaB0y

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By SwaggaB0y

Broly is a villian... and he beat the whole Z-fighters before PIS came into play

randumo24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By randumo24
@SwaggaB0y said:
"Broly is a villian... and he beat the whole Z-fighters before PIS came into play "

so? What does that prove, he never beat SSJ2 Gohan.
konnick33x

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By konnick33x
@randumo24 said:
"@SwaggaB0y said:
"Broly is a villian... and he beat the whole Z-fighters before PIS came into play "
so? What does that prove, he never beat SSJ2 Gohan. "

ya, I do not think it matters much either. When you consider PIS happens in every comic at some point.
SwaggaB0y

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By SwaggaB0y

you're listing people Gohan has beaten and saying his wins because of that which doesn't make sense because Broly is a villian and they wouldn't let the heros Die to him.

konnick33x

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By konnick33x
@SwaggaB0y said:
"you're listing people Gohan has beaten and saying his wins because of that which doesn't make sense because Broly is a villian and they wouldn't let the heros Die to him. "

The point I think he was making is that Broly couldn't kill 5 fighters that were weaker than the 7 cell juniors that Gohan killed easily.
SwaggaB0y

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By SwaggaB0y
@konnick33x said:
" @SwaggaB0y said:
"you're listing people Gohan has beaten and saying his wins because of that which doesn't make sense because Broly is a villian and they wouldn't let the heros Die to him. "
The point I think he was making is that Broly couldn't kill 5 fighters that were weaker than the 7 cell juniors that Gohan killed easily. "
lol Broly had them all beat thats when the PIS came into play so the good guys can win they gave all of their power to goku to finish broly off which is BS.
konnick33x

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By konnick33x
@SwaggaB0y said:
"@konnick33x said:
" @SwaggaB0y said:
The point I think he was making is that Broly couldn't kill 5 fighters that were weaker than the 7 cell juniors that Gohan killed easily. "
lol Broly had them all beat thats when the PIS came into play so the good guys can win they gave all of their power to goku to finish broly off which is BS. "

well then obviously Cell was stronger, otherwise they would have done that to Cell.
MisterGuyMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By MisterGuyMan

Speaking of Cell...

No Caption Provided

So yes, they fight some one, called Dabura, as powerful as Cell later on.  Dabura went toe to toe against adult Gohan.  In case you forget, adult Gohan loses soundly to Broly. 

There's no way SS2 Gohan compares favorably to Broly.  Cell can destroy a solar system where Broly can destroy a galaxy.  Cell is a match for Dabura whereas Broly eats up Cell level opponents.
randumo24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By randumo24

did you read that, Super Saiyan Gohan, not SSJ2 Gohan. There is a big dif btw. I haven't said one false thing here, the Cell jrs were stronger than anyone Broly faced at the time. Broly couldn't kill any of them while Gohan one shoted all the Cell jrs with a punch or kick.
MisterGuyMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By MisterGuyMan
@randumo24 said:
" did you read that, Super Saiyan Gohan, not SSJ2 Gohan. There is a big dif btw. I haven't said one false thing here, the Cell jrs were stronger than anyone Broly faced at the time. Broly couldn't kill any of them while Gohan one shoted all the Cell jrs with a punch or kick. "
Dabura is still Cell level.  He's actually above Cell level as they find out later.  Regardless Cell and Dabura can only give an even match to adult Gohan.  Broly embarasses adult Gohan.

Broly was destroying all the SSJ and Piccolo.  They had to lend each other their power to beat Broly.  That's a technique that wasn't available in the manga/anime so you can't even make any comparisons there.  It's appears to be a very primitive form of fusion.

Moreover haven't addressed the fact that Broly destroyed a universe.  That's canon as far as Broly is concerned.  SS2 is a notch above Solar System destruction level.  Blows from solar system busters can hurt SS2 Gohan.  Broly can destroy a galaxy.  The power difference is clear here.
LuYoLo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By LuYoLo
@MisterGuyMan said:
" @randumo24 said:
" did you read that, Super Saiyan Gohan, not SSJ2 Gohan. There is a big dif btw. I haven't said one false thing here, the Cell jrs were stronger than anyone Broly faced at the time. Broly couldn't kill any of them while Gohan one shoted all the Cell jrs with a punch or kick. "
Dabura is still Cell level.  He's actually above Cell level as they find out later.  Regardless Cell and Dabura can only give an even match to adult Gohan.  Broly embarasses adult Gohan. Broly was destroying all the SSJ and Piccolo.  They had to lend each other their power to beat Broly.  That's a technique that wasn't available in the manga/anime so you can't even make any comparisons there.  It's appears to be a very primitive form of fusion.  Moreover haven't addressed the fact that Broly destroyed a universe.  That's canon as far as Broly is concerned.  SS2 is a notch above Solar System destruction level.  Blows from solar system busters can hurt SS2 Gohan.  Broly can destroy a galaxy.  The power difference is clear here. "
i say broly would win  
but... broly only fought adult gohan super saiyan 1 . because they started broly of at ssj1 in the fight and gohan was normal. then gohan transformed to ssj1 and broy to legendary super saiyan. so what do you think would happen if gohan had gone ssj2? he didn't coz they had to show goku at least once in the movie.
Avatar image for thesavageassasin
TheSavageAssasin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By TheSavageAssasin

I just confirmation from my friend who is the biggest DBZ fan and Gohan would win this!

MisterGuyMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By MisterGuyMan

In his fight against Broly, Gohan himself stated that he didn't have a chance at beating Broly.  So if Gohan believes that going SS2 won't save him, then that should be the end of it.  

Remember that the differences between SS and SS2 are subtle.  Usually the most telling is the lightning but that's not foolproof.  SS2 can fight without lightning effects.  Moreover SS has exhibited lightning effects as well.  We don't know that Gohan was SS2 against Broly or not.  What we do know, is that Gohan believes he couldn't beat Broly regardless.

ssjsuperman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By ssjsuperman

was the seaced movie after the buu sage. 

and this theard has been done before where are the midirater to lock this and show you where the other is.
Arkayna

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By Arkayna

For those saying that adult Gohan wasn't a match for Broly and to those making all the Broly and Dabura comparisons, I'm going based on the tv show since I haven't read the comic, isn't it said that adult Gohan loses his SSJ2 ability up until Majin Buu is revived? Is this true in the comics as well?

MisterGuyMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49  Edited By MisterGuyMan
@Arkayna said:

" For those saying that adult Gohan wasn't a match for Broly and to those making all the Broly and Dabura comparisons, I'm going based on the tv show since I haven't read the comic, isn't it said that adult Gohan loses his SSJ2 ability up until Majin Buu is revived? Is this true in the comics as well? "

He turns SS2 in the tournament before Buu I believe.  I'll check later though to be sure.  I'm off somewhere now.
ssj3broly

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50  Edited By ssj3broly
@randumo24 said:
" @ssj3broly said:
"first off, how many SSJ's is equal to one SSJ2? Two? Three at full power? In the first movie, Broly was up against 4 ASCENDED SSJs and a full power Piccolo, dont forget that this takes place during the 10 day wait before the cell games but after everyone had there turn in the hyperbolic time chamber. He defeated all of them without being injured or outclassed in any way, shape, or form. The only way they could defeat him was by putting all of there power into Goku, which he used in one pin-point strike to Broly's only weak spot where he was stabbed as a baby. AND HE DIDN"T EVEN DIE!. He comes back in the Second movie to kick ass and take names, and it took Goku, Goten and Gohan ( by the way, Gohan was SSJ2 in this part, don't believe me? watch the movie) to throw a three way super kamehameha at him. They were lucky of course, the blast didn't harm him but it did force him into the heart of the sun, which desintigrated him.  Oh ya, also Broly's power never decreases, only increases exponentially as a fight wears on, so much so he has to discharge all that build up like he did in the first movie. SSJ2 Gohan would get murked the fuck out by Broly in a 1 on 1 fight.  "
Broly never fought an ascended Sayian, none of them powered up to that degree against Broly. Not to mention that Gohan killed 7 Cell Jrs with little effort, who were each more powerful than any of the Saiyans. Broly wasn't able to kill anybody of power, yet Gohan was able to, if you count movies. Kill 11 powerful beings in his SSJ2 form, 9 of them with a single punch or kick. Show me anybody who Broly killed? That's right, he didn't manage to kill any of them, and he had more than one shot at Gohan. I have seen the movie, Gohan fought at SSJ1. "
first off of course the their not going to let Broly kill anyone off, it just wouldnt go with the story. What DBZ movie have you seen where one of the good guys dies? None. Also, Broly always just toyed with everyone he fought, he never fought full on hardcore. And with the ascended sayians part, if you look closely at vegeta when he launches a blast at Broly while he's walking towrds Goku, you can clearly see that he is in his ascended form, with the bulkier muscles and the spikier golden hair. Also remember that Goku and Gohan reached an ascended level without looking any different from a normal SSJ, beside the fact they look calm and natural. Plus, whenever Broly was fought it took some sort of miracle to defeat him, like the extreme luck of him having a weak spot from his injury as a baby, or Goku somehow coming back from the dead to Kamehameha his ass into the sun, ( yes it does insinuate the dragonballs brought him back, but it was weak ass tie in)  
Hey I like Gohan too, but you can't argue that in a 1 on 1 fair fight with no miracles to save the day SSJ2 Gohan would get fucked up and then brutally killed by Broly. The end.