Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Pokergeist
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
  • Standard Gear.
  • Master Chief only has UNSC Rifle and Frag Grenades.
  • Arbiter only has his Plasma Sword.
  • Death or KO.
  • Battle 20 feet from another in a cluttered warehouse.
mr_ingenuity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 mr_ingenuity  Moderator

I suspect a tournament.

Avatar image for jonny_anonymous
Jonny_Anonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 32

#3  Edited By Jonny_Anonymous

I'm not sure Team Valiant's weapons would be able to damage Johns suit

JakeN7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#4  Edited By JakeN7

This is a great matchup! It's pretty hard picking a winner though. I'm gonna go with Valiant just because Halo team's gear is so limited.

JakeN7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By JakeN7

@jonny_anonymous: Bloodshot may be able to infect Chief's armor with some of his nanites.

I wonder if Cortana is onboard though. Hmm...

Jonny_Anonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jaken7 said:

@jonny_anonymous: Bloodshot may be able to infect Chief's armor with some of his nanites.

I wonder if Cortana is onboard though. Hmm...

That's a good point actually

frozen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 14

#7 frozen  Moderator

Team 2.

JakeN7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jonny_anonymous: Wait. Seriously? Are we still on the Internet? I thought for sure you were going to deconstruct that somehow and call me a name or insult my intelligence or something. Are you an actual rational, polite human being? What has become of the Internet forums of old!? Change is scary! I was agreed with! Can't you all see this is wrong!? It's all wrong!

Although the ComicVine community is nicer than most.

Jonny_Anonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jaken7 said:

@jonny_anonymous: Wait. Seriously? Are we still on the Internet? I thought for sure you were going to deconstruct that somehow and call me a name or insult my intelligence or something. Are you an actual rational, polite human being? What has become of the Internet forums of old!? Change is scary! I was agreed with! Can't you all see this is wrong!? It's all wrong!

Although the ComicVine community is nicer than most.

Lol do you want me to abuse you for putting forward good points? : p

dondave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Team 2

JakeN7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jonny_anonymous: *sigh* It's what I've come to expect from this crazy digital age.

Hell, I was just arguing with this guy on YouTube because I mentioned Wolverine shouldn't have been fighting in the American Civil War (as seen in X-Men Origins Wolverine). He brought up a Wikipedia quote that cited 30-50,000 Canadians who actually fought for the Union. When I noted that Logan wasn't born until at least 15 years after the Civil War had ended, he told me I was dumb for expecting movies to be like comic books. That was an extremely shortened summarization of our argument, but it stands as an example of the majority of people I've seen or interacted with on the Internet.

I'm (unfortunately) very taken aback when someone pays a compliment or agrees with something I've said.

MonsterStomp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By MonsterStomp

Which Arbiter?

Jonny_Anonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jaken7: Ah well Youtube comments are the sewer systems of the internet

JakeN7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@monsterstomp: Pfft. Come on. Do you see him dual-wielding energy swords? It's obviously the Keith David one (seen in Halo 2 and 3) not the giant scary badass (as seen in Halo Wars). I know there are plenty of others shown in comics, books, and the Halo Legends anime. But none of them have enough feats to justify a battle. It's the main Arbiter for sure.

JakeN7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By JakeN7

@jonny_anonymous: That's true. Noticed it getting better after the damn Google Plus integration (even took me several months before I decided to bite the bullet and make an account), but every now and then there is still the occasional silly person.

MonsterStomp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jaken7: I don't like your tone, matey.

JakeN7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@monsterstomp: Arrgh, you be havin' a problem with me, you be havin' a problem with me whole crew...matey. I'll board ye ship and plunder yer treasure. ;)

But seriously, why? If it's the slight tinge of snark, that probably comes across meaner through text. It's completely innocent though. I was being genuine and umm...jokey (is that a word?)

MonsterStomp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By MonsterStomp

@jaken7: Thel, is the main Arbiter yeah? Fal would own Thel in a heart beat. Did you see Halo Legends where Fal soloed a Covenant army?

JakeN7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@monsterstomp: Yeah, Thel'Vadam (not gonna lie, had to look it up) is the one I meant.

And yeah! That was the Samurai Arbiter right? That part was so awesome! The one from Halo Wars, Ripa'Moramee (had to look it up again) is definitely the biggest and most intimidating. That dual wield style is friggin' badass. Shame he got taken out by a damn non-Spartan Human though (albeit in my favorite cutscene of any game ever. Even over Mass Effect cutscenes).

MonsterStomp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jaken7: It was kind of disappointing to see Ripa get taken down by a human.

JakeN7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By JakeN7

@monsterstomp: Oh, but if I'm remembering right, wasn't the soloing of a covenant army a feat that cost Fal his life? Thought it was sort of a kamikaze attack of vengeance. Could be wrong though.

MonsterStomp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jaken7: Fal beat the army. Fal died when he fought that Brute at the end though.

JakeN7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@monsterstomp: Definitely. Climactic as fuck, and the Seargent used dirty stinking Human tactics (see "cheating" lol), but still disappointing.

JakeN7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By JakeN7

@monsterstomp: Ah, right. Been awhile since I watched Legends. Yeah, he could definitely give this Valiant team a run for their money and then some.

MonsterStomp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

JakeN7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@monsterstomp: Wasn't his family killed? I really need to just load up Netflix and give Legends a re-watch. Lol.

MonsterStomp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jaken7: I think so. Which is why he turned on his own kind, but I probably need to re-watch it too.

JakeN7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@monsterstomp: Speaking of Arbiter and disappointments. Biggest let down in Halo 4 was that they left Arbiter out completely. Like, not even a mention. Hope he comes back for Halo 5 (although I don't see myself getting an Xbox One in the near future. Microsoft's games division got a new boss, and he's been talking about selling off Xbox. I know it's a ridiculous dream, but I'd love it if Sony bought them out, and started releasing Xbox exclusive franchises on PS4. That way I could avoid having to spend $600 dollars to play Halo 5. Lol) *Sigh*. I imagine Halo 5 will do for the Xbone what MGS4 did for the PS3, or Twilight Princess and Smash Bros Brawl did for the Wii. System seller, killer app, whatever. Friggin' wallet drainer more like.

MonsterStomp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jaken7: I really want to play Halo 5 and Halo 6 in the future but I'm not all informed when it comes to the Xbox and PS stuff, lol.

JakeN7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By JakeN7

@monsterstomp: Oh! Well then you probably wouldn't mind paying more money for a technically inferior (just a tad more than slightly inferior. Time will tell whether the gap opens or closes) console. Lol. Seriously, I sometimes wish I wasn't such a gamer and I could just go "I pick *closes eyes and spins around with finger pointed out* that one. Yay! Halo!" More like a regular consumer would. But no, we gamers are an entitled bunch. And when Microsoft tried to screw us with it's initial policies, we ran. They reversed them, and some gamers came back. But then the lines were drawn. Specs and prices were compared, and launch lineups were scrutinized. I still wouldn't mind buying an Xbox One if it actually seemed to be ready for release and they weren't pushing an "all in one entertainment device", and just made a game console instead. Oh well, I'll never part with my 360, but it'll be awhile before I'm ready to buy an Xbox One.

Although, my PS4 was a giant Christmas gift. Maybe that's how I could justify spending a whole paycheck on an Xbone. I haven't really spent any money (of my own) on a next-gen console, so I might as well spend it on one I don't have. Haha. I'll probably just wait for the slim model and a price drop whenever that comes out. Hopefully it'll be around the release of Halo 5.

MonsterStomp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jaken7: Agreed haha. Grew up with my 360. Its seen a lot of blood, sweat and tears.

JakeN7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@monsterstomp: Right? How many RRoDs did you suffer through? I got my 360 early 2006, so just after launch. I was so lucky, it lasted me 3 years before it red ringed and I had to send it in (thank god for extended warranty). It came back and worked like a charm for the next 3 years until it started red ringing again. So, I replaced it with a Gears of War 3 Slim model with a 320gb hard drive when Gears 3 came out. It's served me well ever since. I was so lucky. I know guys that have gone through like 6 360s. Could you imagine if you couldn't transfer your hard drives' save data over? Ahhh! Would've been devastating.

Pokergeist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Avatar image for deactivated-5e8a1f5fafc4e
deactivated-5e8a1f5fafc4e

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

I don't think Eternal Warrior or Ninjak can do much in the way of damage except to Arbiters exposed parts. Unless Bloodshot can shut down Chiefs armor, I see this fight going heavily in the Halo teams favour.

Avatar image for ultimate_knight
Ultimate_Knight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Is this classic Ninjak only?

Avatar image for allstarsuperman
AllStarSuperman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

#37  Edited By AllStarSuperman

Valiant Team, Bloodshot can infect them, Ninjak has his vibrosword, and Gilad, well, he just soloed every demon in hell.

Ultimate_Knight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By Ultimate_Knight

A problem is the distance. 20 ft. apart, Chief might shoot down Ninjak (his weapon is the only one which can physically hurt Chief) if he is not fast enough, but then again, Gilad might grab Ninjak's katana in case he gets killed or knocked out and do it himself. I think Gilad and Bloodshot can tank some of Chief's plasma rifle shots before getting close to him.

@allstarsuperman said:

Valiant Team, Bloodshot can infect them, Ninjak has his vibrosword, and Gilad, well, he just soloed every demon in hell.

I think Ninjak is going to have to use his katana's "X-O Manowar mode" on Chief, because he is completely protected. Arbiter has an open mouth, so I presume force feeding Arbiter with explosive shurikens, Bloodshot with his grenades (if he has), and Eternal Warrior's explosive pellets attached to his arms. Bloodshot can even use nanite infection to Arbiter (the tactic he did during his first encounter with Toyo Harada)

Ultimate_Knight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

bump?