• 83 results
patzello

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#51  Edited By patzello

Ok, so if we are "in character" with the Marvel Squad, the first ones to jump out and try to fight will be the Fantastic Four.

How long do you think the high tier/cosmic level Marvel Heroes are going to be calm when they see Sue Richards get greased? Or even Johnny?

Yeah, you have a bunch of chodes on the Marvel team... that are beloved by that universe in character, especially to the likes of Surfer, Nova, Bill, Thor and Quasar. What do you think Surfer and Strange specifically are going to do when Reed gets torn in half?

And that isn't even talking about how our dear Jean will feel when her family stops living.

With all respect for the DC villains, in character= bloodlusted really quick with a whole bunch of people that cannot be one-shotted.

So, in the words of Hulk Hogan....

WHATCHA GONNA DO! WHEN SURFER,SENTRY,THOR,STRANGE NOVA PRIME, JEAN GREY AND BETA RAY BILL RUN WILD ON YOOUU?!

Floopay

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

@jashro44 said:

@floopay said:

Is Superboy Prime still weak against kryptonite? Additionally, does he require solar radiation? Because Quasar can solo him if those two statements still hold true.

Thanks for reading,

Floopay

Pretty sure he is weak to kryptonite and I know he needs solar energy. All though super boy is probably the least of the marvel teams problems.

Well, Quasar can take Alan Scott and Superboy Prime by himself. Both of them are no more than a giant battery to him, and considering he's contended with Watchers, absorbed entire suns, and etc. in the past, I don't think I'm overstating here. He could also BFR Despero if he needs to, right into the negative zone. Also the dude slings out 100 megaton blasts like he's handing out Candy, so there's that.

Beta Ray Bill can likely handle Black Adam. Seeing as BA has to resort exclusively to physical combat against Beta Ray Bill, as any other attacks would be absorbed and redirected back at BA.

That leaves Obsidian and possibly Despero vs. the rest.

Thanks for reading,

Floopay

patrat18

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

@dondave said:

Alan Scott and Despero can mind-control most of them. Villains ftw

jashro44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@floopay: Obsidian can control members of the mavel team with this shadow possession ability. Not sure if he can absorb the full power of the star heart that easily either. Quasar vs Alan has been debated on the vine before and the general consensus was that Quasar couldn't do it. IIRC something about quasar being unable to fully drain silver surfer because his powers come from a dimension, and Alans works similar.

Floopay

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jashro44 said:

@floopay: Obsidian can control members of the mavel team with this shadow possession ability. Not sure if he can absorb the full power of the star heart that easily either. Quasar vs Alan has been debated on the vine before and the general consensus was that Quasar couldn't do it. IIRC something about quasar being unable to fully drain silver surfer because his powers come from a dimension, and Alans works similar.

Quasar had zero issue draining the Silver Surfer, in fact, the only reason he really lost was because he had to throw the fight...

The plain and simple fact is, anything Alan Scott creates, Quasar can instantly absorb. He doesn't have to absorb the full Star Heart, he can just neutralize Alan Scott as a threat. Stop him from creating constructs, shields, etc.

As for Shadow Possession, if that works like telepathy then at least BRB, Surfer, Quasar, and Nova should be immune to it.

Thanks for reading,

Floopay

dondave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@floopay said:

@jashro44 said:

Quasar had zero issue draining the Silver Surfer, in fact, the only reason he really lost was because he had to throw the fight...

The plain and simple fact is, anything Alan Scott creates, Quasar can instantly absorb. He doesn't have to absorb the full Star Heart, he can just neutralize Alan Scott as a threat. Stop him from creating constructs, shields, etc.

As for Shadow Possession, if that works like telepathy then at least BRB, Surfer, Quasar, and Nova should be immune to it.

Thanks for reading,

Floopay

What telepathy resistance feats does Beta Ray Bill have? Also, Rider's TP resistance isn't anything impressive, Cosmo was able to completely bypass any natural defence he had and Harrow was able to get into his mind as well even why he tried to block him from doing so

Floopay

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dondave: I'd have to look up the issue, but Beta Ray Bill goes up against a group of telepaths who are enslaving Marvel heroes at one point. They send a few psi-bolts his direction and he resists them with zero issue.

Thanks for reading,

Floopay

jashro44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@floopay: Gonna be honest but I am not fully knowledgeable on Alan Scott to really say if he can resist energy drain. @beatboks1 can probably explain it better if Alan can resist it.

My understanding is Obsidians possession ability isn't telepathic. Its more like a ghost possessing you. Also he was effortlessly controlling Dr.fate and a bunch of other people so even if it is telepathic not sure the team really has the means to resist it.

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

Floopay

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jashro44: In the past I believe Nova has resisted a demon attempting to possess him, as for Quasar, he's currently a being of pure quantum energy, so I'm not so convinced on him being possessed either. Beta Ray Bill resisted possession as well when he had to put Sasquatch down, and the wrecking crew in that Alpha Flight comic. If Shadow Possession works like the Soul Gem, then Quasar can stop it, as well as Beta Ray Bill.

Over and above this that looks a lot like telepathy, it even states that have to open up their mind and crawl around their thoughts (though with a bit more figurative language) in the last scan.

Thanks for reading,

Floopay

jashro44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@floopay: Even if a few members of the marvel team do have resistance to it, it can still be used on other members like Jean and Professor X. Those are the 2 main telepaths (besides silver surfer) on marvel and with them backing despero its going to be hard for them to counter all that telepathy. Despero has been able to effortlessly stomp martian manhunter who has better TP/TP resistance then pretty much anyone on the marvel side. Its going to be hard for the big guns to resist that. Or he can possibly posses the silver surfer if he gets the chance. He is probably the MVP on the marvel side. A few other guys he can posses but this could be a start.

Not sure if possessing someone and telepathically controlling them are the same thing all though both affect the mind.

those_eyes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Dr Strange solos!

WarBlade539

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ghostrider2 said:

@dorukesin: are you aware that SS can drain?Morals off SS would kill him after he has some fun.Black holes, matter manipulation, telepathy, astral plane and more.SS is on another level than him, with no morals.

nothing for SBP who's moving faster than speed of light

And gives you the assumption that SS can't track FTL objects?

And SBP is gonna hit him? SS can reform himself shortly after.

WarBlade539

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#63  Edited By WarBlade539

@ghostrider2 said:

@dorukesin: are you aware that SS can drain?Morals off SS would kill him after he has some fun.Black holes, matter manipulation, telepathy, astral plane and more.SS is on another level than him, with no morals.

You're talking about no morals which has zero merit here. SS's awareness isn't instantaneous. A bloodlusted Adam can take a morals on SS.

Adam doesn't have the power to hang with Silver Surfer, bloodlusted or not. Nothing he can do to hurt Surfer.

MonsterStomp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@darkazrael999: Maybe so. Black Adam's physicals gives the JLA a hard fight. He's like Superman without the weaknesses to exploit.

WarBlade539

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@darkazrael999: Maybe so. Black Adam's physicals gives the JLA a hard fight. He's like Superman without the weaknesses to exploit.

Silver Surfer has taken on guys more powerful than the JLA. He has taken on two Galactus level beings at the same time and managed to kill them, at the sake of being fatally wounded but that's more than I can say for Adam.

Surfer can reconstruct himself after being destroyed, even if Adam manages to destroy his body. And, once Norrin sees that Adam is serious, pacifist he may be, he will end the fight.

MonsterStomp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@darkazrael999: What was the context behind the fight with the Galactus level beings? Was Surfer angered? Did he have prior knowledge? etc.

WarBlade539

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#67  Edited By WarBlade539

@darkazrael999: What was the context behind the fight with the Galactus level beings? Was Surfer angered? Did he have prior knowledge? etc.

The name of the two beings are Tenebrous and Aegis. Galactus feared that they were a threat to the Universe and sent Surfer to take them down. Surfer was pissed in that fight.

Surfer throws the first punch (or shoots the first blast lol) and dodges their attacks for a while but eventually gets tagged by a blast from Aegis. He still stands and fires a full power blast to Tenebrous who retaliates with one of his own. Dazed, Surfer gets hit by another blast from Aegis and a planet-busting punch from Tenebrous.

To take them out, Surfer channeled the powers of 'The Big Crunch', energies that 'not even Galactus can long withstand without being consumed' and was fatally wounded as a result. Galactus then revived with a huge power-boost.

MonsterStomp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#68  Edited By MonsterStomp

@darkazrael999: Impressive. If Surfer is bloodlusted, he alone will give the DC team a hard fight. But its not the case here, which is what I was saying to the others.

WarBlade539

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#69  Edited By WarBlade539

@darkazrael999: Impressive. If Surfer is bloodlusted, he alone will give the DC team a hard fight. But its not the case here, which is what I was saying to the others.

Yeah. But once Surfer sees that the other team is bloodlusted, no reason to believe he won't have a change of heart and go all out. :)

Jeronimo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#70  Edited By Jeronimo

Classic Dr. Strange SOLOS.

Once bloodlusted, SS SOLOS.

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

Jeronimo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#71  Edited By Jeronimo

Marvel FTW.

No Caption Provided

WarBlade539

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jeronimo: I described that entire fight above. :D

willpayton

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@floopay said:

Well, Quasar can take Alan Scott and Superboy Prime by himself. Both of them are no more than a giant battery to him, and considering he's contended with Watchers, absorbed entire suns, and etc. in the past, I don't think I'm overstating here.

I think you are overstating what Quasar can do against Alan Scott. If Alan's energies (which are magical in nature) could be absorbed by normal means, then surely Captain Atom would have done it when Alan went psycho and solo'ed DC Earth. But, nothing like that happened.

DarkRaiden

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Marvel teams stomps. Too many possible factors like Sentry, Thor, BRB, Quasar, Surfer, Dr. Strange, Iceman (cause he can't be fully destroyed) and Rogue. Surfer can damn near solo this team, as can Thor, and there's very few people, bloodlusted or not, who can beat Thor and Surfer together. Then add Dr. Strange, Sentry, Quasar, and others, and it's not really close at that point. I mean fodder will die, but DC team will too.

Floopay

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jashro44 said:

@floopay: Even if a few members of the marvel team do have resistance to it, it can still be used on other members like Jean and Professor X. Those are the 2 main telepaths (besides silver surfer) on marvel and with them backing despero its going to be hard for them to counter all that telepathy. Despero has been able to effortlessly stomp martian manhunter who has better TP/TP resistance then pretty much anyone on the marvel side. Its going to be hard for the big guns to resist that. Or he can possibly posses the silver surfer if he gets the chance. He is probably the MVP on the marvel side. A few other guys he can posses but this could be a start.

Not sure if possessing someone and telepathically controlling them are the same thing all though both affect the mind.

Well, it was stated right in the scans that they had to dig into someone's mind, so there is that. That being said, Professor X and Jean have both demonstrated the ability to hide their minds from other telepaths, as well as others last I checked. Despero has a lot of counter-telepathy to worry about, as does Obsidian.

Thanks for reading,

Floopay

Floopay

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@floopay said:

Well, Quasar can take Alan Scott and Superboy Prime by himself. Both of them are no more than a giant battery to him, and considering he's contended with Watchers, absorbed entire suns, and etc. in the past, I don't think I'm overstating here.

I think you are overstating what Quasar can do against Alan Scott. If Alan's energies (which are magical in nature) could be absorbed by normal means, then surely Captain Atom would have done it when Alan went psycho and solo'ed DC Earth. But, nothing like that happened.

Ah, Starheart is magical. If that's the case then Beta Ray Bill can absorb any blast given off by both Black Adam or Alan Scott. Quasar could pretty easily stop SBP (as absorbing energy out of someone is sort of Quasar's thing), and with his cosmic awareness (which he uses often) he should know what the team is going up against.

Plus we have Nova Prime to back the team up, and between Quasar and Nova putting shields around their allies (and possibly Quasar trapping opponents in bubbles), as well as the possibility of Quasar BFRing Obsidian and/or Despero, I think the Marvel team stands a better chance than people may think.

Thanks for reading,

Floopay

willpayton

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@floopay said:

Ah, Starheart is magical. If that's the case then Beta Ray Bill can absorb any blast given off by both Black Adam or Alan Scott.

The Starheart is not just magical, it's the combined magic that existed in the universe at the time (billions of years ago?) when the Guardians of the Universe gathered it all up and sealed it in the heart of a star. Eventually it developed consciousness. As far as I know (maybe @beatboks1 can correct me here if I'm wrong), no person or power has ever been able to absorb the Starheart magic. Only someone who also possesses some of that power could possibly block Alan from it. Alan isnt simply a magical being, he's magic personified.

Among his powers are time manipulation, immunity to physical harm and regeneration (his body is not physical), teleportation and phasing, immortality, multi-presence (he can be and fight at many places at once), and TP high level enough to mind control Dr Fate, Obsidian, Miss Martian, and others... plus many others.

Surfer can damn near solo this team, as can Thor, and there's very few people, bloodlusted or not, who can beat Thor and Surfer together.

It'd debatable if the Silver Surfer can even defeat Obsidian.

http://www.comicvine.com/forums/battles-7/obsidian-vs-silver-surfer-1511180/

(notice in the above thread both are in-character. Here Obsidian is bloodlusted. When Obsidian is bloodlusted he has soloed many top-level people. As far as Alan Scott... a normal morals-on Alan Scott would give the Surfer a good fight. A bloodlusted full-Starheart-powered Alan Scott would wreck him. Bloodlusted Alan Scott solo'ed DC Earth with hundreds of constructs fighting people like Captain Atom and GL, multiple city-destroying natural disasters, mind-controlling multiple high-level telepaths, granting normal humans super-powers, and physically trading blows with Supergirl and Power Girl, all from the Moon and teleporting around as he pleased.

Floopay

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@floopay said:

Ah, Starheart is magical. If that's the case then Beta Ray Bill can absorb any blast given off by both Black Adam or Alan Scott.

The Starheart is not just magical, it's the combined magic that existed in the universe at the time (billions of years ago?) when the Guardians of the Universe gathered it all up and sealed it in the heart of a star. Eventually it developed consciousness. As far as I know (maybe @beatboks1 can correct me here if I'm wrong), no person or power has ever been able to absorb the Starheart magic. Only someone who also possesses some of that power could possibly block Alan from it. Alan isnt simply a magical being, he's magic personified.

Among his powers are time manipulation, immunity to physical harm and regeneration (his body is not physical), teleportation and phasing, immortality, multi-presence (he can be and fight at many places at once), and TP high level enough to mind control Dr Fate, Obsidian, Miss Martian, and others... plus many others.

@darkraiden said:

Surfer can damn near solo this team, as can Thor, and there's very few people, bloodlusted or not, who can beat Thor and Surfer together.

It'd debatable if the Silver Surfer can even defeat Obsidian.

http://www.comicvine.com/forums/battles-7/obsidian-vs-silver-surfer-1511180/

(notice in the above thread both are in-character. Here Obsidian is bloodlusted. When Obsidian is bloodlusted he has soloed many top-level people. As far as Alan Scott... a normal morals-on Alan Scott would give the Surfer a good fight. A bloodlusted full-Starheart-powered Alan Scott would wreck him. Bloodlusted Alan Scott solo'ed DC Earth with hundreds of constructs fighting people like Captain Atom and GL, multiple city-destroying natural disasters, mind-controlling multiple high-level telepaths, granting normal humans super-powers, and physically trading blows with Supergirl and Power Girl, all from the Moon and teleporting around as he pleased.

Many people have solo'd DC Earth, including a normal level Hal Jordan at one point IIRC. As far as I can see, he wields magic, and how old it is doesn't seem overly important, as the magic Odin wields has been around since dang near the dawn of mainstream Marvel. I don't see any reason why someone who has consistently shown the ability to absorb and redirect blasts from his opponents, both magical and non, shouldn't be able to absorb his constructs.

As far as normal GL constructs, they should easily be absorbed by Quasar, as would any other non-magical attack thrown his direction. Over and above this we have Nova and Quasar who can both place shields to defend their allies (and have on mulitple occasions). Then we have a good amount of characters with TP resistance, and the ability to actively protect others from telepathic assaults.

Unless your trying to convince me that you purposely made a mismatch, I don't see why Marvel couldn't pull a win here.

Thanks for reading,

Floopay

willpayton

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#79  Edited By willpayton

@floopay said:

Many people have solo'd DC Earth, including a normal level Hal Jordan at one point IIRC.

I'm a huge Hal Jordan fan, but I dont ever remember this happening. Nor should it be something he could do, unless he really takes everyone by surprise and there's plenty of PIS involved. But if you have scans or something I'd love to see them. Perhaps you're thinking of the time he soloed them while possessed by Parallax?

@floopay said:

As far as I can see, he wields magic, and how old it is doesn't seem overly important, as the magic Odin wields has been around since dang near the dawn of mainstream Marvel. I don't see any reason why someone who has consistently shown the ability to absorb and redirect blasts from his opponents, both magical and non, shouldn't be able to absorb his constructs.

I agree that the age isnt that important. I was just pointing out the facts to give context. As far as absorbing and redirecting blasts, even if we assume he can do that, shooting out blasts is only a small part of what Alan could do. Like I said, he has many powers that are all magical in nature. Unless Quasar is totally immune to magic, he's in big trouble.

@floopay said:

As far as normal GL constructs, they should easily be absorbed by Quasar, as would any other non-magical attack thrown his direction. Over and above this we have Nova and Quasar who can both place shields to defend their allies (and have on mulitple occasions).

Alan doesnt create normal GL constructs, since he's not a normal GL. His constructs only appear similar to GL ones.

@floopay said:

Then we have a good amount of characters with TP resistance, and the ability to actively protect others from telepathic assaults.

TP resistance might help against TP attacks from the villains team. Then again, it might not. Martian Manhunter, Miss Martian, and Dr Fate have strong TP resistance, and all have been mentally dominated by people on the villains team.

@floopay said:

Unless your trying to convince me that you purposely made a mismatch, I don't see why Marvel couldn't pull a win here.

Nope, I'm only trying to convince you that Quasar alone cant solo the DC team. Even Silver Surfer cant do so. Quasar alone against Starheart Alan Scott would stand no chance. If you doubt me then make the thread and lets find out.

bigcimmerian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Superboy Prime will be one shotting left and right, but in the end I think Marvel wins because of their numbers. Jean, Silver Surfer and Prof X can take down Despero, while Thor BFR the rest. Alan Scott will be dogpiled by the surviving Marvel heroes.

patzello

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@willpayton: I don't necessarily keep up with DC, but what is keeping the Surfer from encasing AS in a wooden box, or covering him in organic material?

Alan is plenty impressive, but he is not unbeatable, nor is anyone else here.

Objectively speaking, the weak(est) parts of the Marvel team just serve for motivation for the powerhouses.

There are no components of the villains that shut down all of the heroes, but there are plenty of options to go around to quell the opposition.

As a matter of fact, I would argue that the killing of any three of the lesser heroes would be enough to motivate Surfer, Thor and Sentry without the rest of the team to end this.

willpayton

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@patzello said:

@willpayton: I don't necessarily keep up with DC, but what is keeping the Surfer from encasing AS in a wooden box, or covering him in organic material?

As I understand it, Alan Scott's weakness to wood was a psychological weakness. It was something that affected him because he believed in it. More recently he hasnt had that weakness. Certainly once he's possessed by the Starheart that wont be there.

@patzello said:

Alan is plenty impressive, but he is not unbeatable, nor is anyone else here.

I agree he's not unbeatable... no one is. Question is, how do they do it?

No one on the Marvel team is soloing Alan.

@patzello said:

Objectively speaking, the weak(est) parts of the Marvel team just serve for motivation for the powerhouses.

I agree, which is part of the reason why they're in the battle. =) Killing off weaker characters should motivate some in the Marvel team to also become bloodlusted.

The Marvel team has numbers on their side, but then again everyone in the villains team is a team-beater in his own right.

cyborgzod

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

DC villains team FTW.