The_Caped_Crusader

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Rules

• Both combatants are in character.
  • Both combatants have 24 hours of preparation.
  • Both combatants have access to any of their resources and technology.
  • Round 1: New 52 Lex Luthor
  • Round 2: Pre-52 Lex Luthor
No Caption Provided
nefarious

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

Lex wins with prep.

Grim187

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm saying luthor takes the cake. I'm on my phone and can't post feats atm. The entire scenario points in lex's favor. Lex tech > Bp tech. Lex prep > Bp prep. Lex goes toe to toe with top line heroes constantly and for the most part consistently. Prep is like his key asset in fights.

Batman1130

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Lex will take this I'm sure. His tech is on a different level and with that much prep the major combat advantage that bp has is effectively nullified

lannister

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#5  Edited By lannister

Black Panther in both rounds

Avatar image for deactivated-60260d105a8eb
deactivated-60260d105a8eb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Unless this is current BP, he has waaaay more reasources and one of the most durable materials on Earth to use for anything he wants.

Avatar image for deactivated-59dfd33ed3601
deactivated-59dfd33ed3601

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

These Black Panther threads are getting out of hand. It won't be long until people start thinking he can take Darkseid also.

Avatar image for deactivated-5c1d15b8899b0
deactivated-5c1d15b8899b0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

ElderSkaar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Lex stomps

KingOfKings1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Lex luthor lol stomps

Avatar image for immortalteknique
ImmortalTeknique

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Lex. BP is an undeniable beast but outside of maybe Reed and possibly Bats few people are on his level when it comes to prep.

Nelomaxwell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@wrglfan2814: marvel knights black panther #14 page 9. As read by Agent Ross while Panther beat Hydroman's a$$.

44orhsaJ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By 44orhsaJ

I think Lex takes it.

reaverlation

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Lex for sure round Pre-52.New 52 not sure

algorhythm511

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@matchesmalone21: Panther has more resources and vibranium. Hes also great with prep. I believe it was said one time he had a plan to take down Galactus.

Actually, all the Vibranium is now gone BP rendered it all inert and useless to keep Doom from using it. I do agree with the resources he has a whole army who can back him and a country full of tech.

algorhythm511

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Luthor's is the better scientist and has better tech, IMHO.

However, Panther does have more resources than Lex--T'Challa is a king of the most technologically advanced country in the world. He also has magitek and can use magical artifacts. Even if he can't bring a whole army of robots to the battle, I could still see him winning.

BP is pretty damn cunning and resourceful. He has defeated prepped foes with better tech than him. I can't find the scan for the life of me, but he actually beat a prepped Ironman one time with a bottle of household cleaner (there is more to the battle but that is what gave him the advantage). :D T'Challa has a lot of dirty tricks up his sleeve, even if his opponent is a little "smarter" than him.

I am actually going to give BP a slight majority. 6/10

DirtyHippy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Lex Luthor is supposed to be the smartest man in the DC Universe, but Black Panther is no dummy. BP intellect is on par with Batman's and he is good at tricking people. I think Batman has outsmarted Lex before, so then the Black Panther could probably do it too.

Imperfect_Cell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Lex Luthor.

DirtyHippy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

BP is pretty damn cunning and resourceful. He has defeated prepped foes with better tech than him. I can't find the scan for the life of me, but he actually beat a prepped Ironman one time with a bottle of household cleaner (there is more to the battle but that is what gave him the advantage). :D T'Challa has a lot of dirty tricks up his sleeve, even if his opponent is a little "smarter" than him.

I am actually going to give BP a slight majority. 6/10

I read that one time. i was shocked he won. i would have never imagined Black Panther winning against Ironman.

Nelomaxwell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Lex Luthor is supposed to be the smartest man in the DC Universe, but Black Panther is no dummy. BP intellect is on par with Batman's and he is good at tricking people. I think Batman has outsmarted Lex before, so then the Black Panther could probably do it too.

Doom was outsmarted by Panther and I'm betting Doom is smarter than Lex.

Imperfect_Cell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By Imperfect_Cell
DirtyHippy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dirtyhippy said:

Yeah, I think being cunning and pulling dirty tricks can get you the upper hand on smarter opponents sometimes.

Avatar image for firestormfate1919
FirestormFate1919

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@imperfect_cell: Yeah, here's some off the top of my head. He should win this by a considerable margin.

Used the Phantom Zone properties to drain the power of the multiverse and become a God who could casually morph with the universe (only defeated by the exploitation of his ego, along with some notable PIS).

Built a weapon capable of Time Reversal and Alteration

Built a Suit that allowed him to tank a Solar System busting blast

Can talk anyone into suicide within 5 minutes (Red Son)

Outsmarted Braniac

Figured out the Mechanics behind a Lantern Ring (could probably create one with enough Prep)

Created a Virus that can eliminate the powers of any Meta Human

Created a Program capable of shutting down all the electricity in the planet

Created the Everyman Program (gives normal people extraordinary Meta Human powers)

Here he'll be able to give an army of Lex Corp bodyguards powerful Meta Human abilities, activate an army of Suits capable of going some rounds with Superman, activate an EMP that eliminates every piece of Tech Panther has, Activate Pamnetary Defense Satellites, employ a secret network of Super Villians to defend him, and much more. Meanwhile he'll be chilling in the Phantom Zone watching Panther die.

Panther's good, but he's not Reed-level. Luthor is.

Imperfect_Cell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

algorhythm511

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@firestormfate1919: Wow. My vote is now changed to Luthor. Thanks for that. I never knew that he could talk anyone into suicide in 5 minutes--even if it is Red Son. :0

Avatar image for firestormfate1919
FirestormFate1919

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@algorhythm511: Yeah, Red Son is just awesome. It's probably my favorite Lex Luthor story of all time. That's not even his best Prep feat. He plans out the next 40 years of his life down to the hundredth decimal point in order to kill Superman. Then he basically makes earth a Uptopian and Immortal Society (the idea is that without focusing on being better than Superman, he focuses on eliminating disease, poverty, and death). It does him some mad Justice, and it's hard not to like the character afterwards.

algorhythm511

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@algorhythm511: Yeah, Red Son is just awesome. It's probably my favorite Lex Luthor story of all time. That's not even his best Prep feat. He plans out the next 40 years of his life down to the hundredth decimal point in order to kill Superman. Then he basically makes earth a Uptopian and Immortal Society (the idea is that without focusing on being better than Superman, he focuses on eliminating disease, poverty, and death). It does him some mad Justice, and it's hard not to like the character afterwards.

That is going to be the next book on my reading list. That is pretty insane, his whole life and all his resources revolves around Superman. (It does in most comics, but that almost takes the obsession to a new level.) Thanks!

Off-topic: I remember a few days ago you were talking about The Codex. I will send you a PM, I don't want to derail the current battle.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@matchesmalone21: Panther has more resources and vibranium. Hes also great with prep. I believe it was said one time he had a plan to take down Galactus.

Have or create a plan does not mean it will work, and there is no evidence that would work, then it is only speculation.

Lex Luthor is not based only on its own technology, but it also uses alien technologies such as Krypton and Apokoliptian.

Pre-Flashpoint Lex Luthor feats:

1. Turned the yellow sun of our solar system in a red sun to kill Superman and the Kandorians.
  2. Owns a time-displacement device that used to open a portal to the timestream during Our World at War.
  3. Steal powers from Zone Child becoming a god-like being.
  4. Builded counter-defenses within his suit against Bariniac.
  5. Neutralized Firestorm's powers so Joker and Cheeath could finishi him up.
  6. Created some Lex bots.
  7. Created Lois Lane bot.
  8. Hack into Bariniac's technology.

New 52 Lex Luthor feats:

1. Owns high-tech tanks capable to take down Superman (while he was a teenager).
  2. Created a high-tech prision that even himself coud not escape.
  3. Created Bizarro.
  4. Controled a battlesuit via an improvised radio-telepathy device while locked in a prision.
  5. Created an array of solar weapons.
  6. Through its solar tower collect enough energy to turn Superman into a bomb with twice the potential of the Hiroshima bomb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dirtyhippy said:

Logic....

Loading Video...

Imperfect_Cell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Black Panther in both rounds

Panther both rounds

@nightway said:

Unless this is current BP, he has waaaay more reasources and one of the most durable materials on Earth to use for anything he wants.

How does T'Challa win, again?

Kokemabb200

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

T'Challa both rounds

darkseid1006

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Lex Luthor

Imperfect_Cell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

pooty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@nelomaxwell said:

@dirtyhippy said:

Logic....

Loading Video...

Panther had help from reed richards, fantastic four and deadpool(for his unpredictability). Tchalla doesn't deserve all the credit for outsmarting Doom. He had plenty of help

SodamYat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Nelomaxwell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@pooty: And Lex has never had help, ever ? The plan was all T'challa's as stated in black panther vol 5 power he came up with the strategy and assembled the pieces on the board. Him rendering the processed vibranium inert was all him. So go somewhere else with that.

Frisky4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@pooty: And Lex has never had help, ever ? The plan was all T'challa's as stated in black panther vol 5 power he came up with the strategy and assembled the pieces on the board. Him rendering the processed vibranium inert was all him. So go somewhere else with that.

That's not on par with what Lex has done, or can do. Lex very well may be a better prepper than Doom.

Nelomaxwell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By Nelomaxwell

@matchesmalone21: also if you've read priests run of panther then you'd know he repurpose' other people's tech all the time.

Grim187

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@frisky4: god, I wish I could quote the ever loving sh!t out of that statement.

Outside_85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 39

I am willing to go with BP on this one since Lex is behind when it comes to options. As in Lex relies entirely on science, while T'Challa can also tap into magic if he needs it.

pooty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Did i say lex never had help? I said that Tchalla does not deserve all the credit. Any time you have a team. No one person gets all the credit. He had help from the smartest man in marvel. Everything i said was true. No need to be butt hurt.

Superguy1591

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#45  Edited By Superguy1591

N52 Lex has yet to prove his genius to me. Everyone has made him look foolish.

P52 Lex wins though.

SOG7dc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 21

User Lists: 10

I've never seen Lex do anything impressive.

Frisky4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I am willing to go with BP on this one since Lex is behind when it comes to options. As in Lex relies entirely on science, while T'Challa can also tap into magic if he needs it.

To bring it back to FirestormFate's argument:

Here he'll be able to give an army of Lex Corp bodyguards powerful Meta Human abilities, activate an army of Suits capable of going some rounds with Superman, activate an EMP that eliminates every piece of Tech Panther has, Activate Pamnetary Defense Satellites, employ a secret network of Super Villians to defend him, and much more. Meanwhile he'll be chilling in the Phantom Zone watching Panther die.

ImMadNice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Lex both rounds

pooty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49  Edited By pooty

@the_caped_crusader: are they allowed to let their "friends' help? or will Lex and Tchalla be the only people on the battle field?

Outside_85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 39

@frisky4: Which isn't feastable.

• For one he has a limit of 24 hours, he's not going to have many metahuman guards made ready in that time, if any. (See 52, there's a lot of screening involved, then the actual procedure and recovery time, and finally the patient has to find out what they actually got and how to use it)
  • Secondly, Lex always happens to be inside one of those suits, thats never appeared en mass and isn't something Lex lends out to other people (they might turn it against him).
  • Third, BP has an exceedingly powerful emp canon in Wakanda he used to blast orbiting Skrull motherships with at the price of nullifying all of his own tech. The satelites need to be over Wakanda to be of any use, and unless one of them is Brother Eye, they can be tracked.
  • Fouth, it's not in Lex's charcter to hire other people to take care of his metahuman problems without him appearing to gloat in person. (see various incarnations of the Injustice League/Legion of Doom)