Floopay

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

#5  Edited By Floopay

Hammer Bros.

They have the magic to give them a boost, the reflexes to handle the other teams speed, they have superior fighting styles and experience. They have greater versatility, and with knowledge on their opponents they could potentially use their energy absorption to drain Supes.

Even without energy absorption they have superior striking power, greater energy projection (and magical energy projection), magical weapons, and as already stated, superior versatility.

Thanks for reading,

Floopay

spawn_123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#6  Edited By spawn_123

@CalebHara said:

@spawn_123 said:

Hammer bros

why?

Maybe because they have more fire power and Superman don't like magic and have much more H2H skills

CalebHara

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By CalebHara

@Floopay: Would this be a better fight if is said that there was no knowledge of each other? And how does team hammer have superior striking power?

Avatar image for New_World_Order
New_World_Order

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By New_World_Order

Hammer Bros.

Avatar image for jedisupermaster
Jedisupermaster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Jedisupermaster

@ThunderGodsWrath said:

Hammer Bros.

dondave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By dondave

Team 1

FiMFTW

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By FiMFTW

Goldilocks and Ponyboy

Floopay

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Floopay

@CalebHara said:

@Floopay: Would this be a better fight if is said that there was no knowledge of each other? And how does team hammer have superior striking power?

Without any sort of amplification, Superman's greatest feat is destroying half a moon. And it nearly KO'd him in the process. Both BRB and Thor have shattered planets and planetoids.

Even without knowledge, that only limits Thor and BRB in the sense they they are less likely to pull the Solar energy out of Superman's body.

Thanks for reading,

Floopay

spawn_123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By spawn_123

@Floopay said:

@CalebHara said:

Without any sort of amplification, Superman's greatest feat is destroying half a moon. And it nearly KO'd him in the process. Both BRB and Thor have shattered planets and planetoids.

Even without knowledge, that only limits Thor and BRB in the sense they they are less likely to pull the Solar energy out of Superman's body.

Thanks for reading,

Floopay

I agree

blackadamFTW

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#14  Edited By blackadamFTW

@Floopay said:

the reflexes to handle the other teams speed

No, just....no.

Floopay

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By Floopay

@blackadamFTW said:

@Floopay said:

No, just....no.

Why not? Neither Superman or Bizarro are light speed in combat, and Beta Ray Bill can perceive things moving at multiple times the speed of light, and both of them often block, deflect, and avoid lightspeed attacks.

Thanks for reading,

Floopay

Avatar image for deactivated-59d945143d79a
deactivated-59d945143d79a

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

I see team two winning

Daaerk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By Daaerk

@Floopay my buddy! :D Superman DC fanboys are going to cut themselves after reading your posts. Nice job!

As for the thread, I see Thor and Beta Ray Bill winning. They have worked together many times, have thousands of years of experience, reflexes to handle Superman-like-speeds, they have (near) indestructible magical weapons, versatility, pure speed etc. etc. etc. Especially morals off, Superman and Bizarro are out of luck here. “Goldilocks”’s and “Mr. Ed”’s hammers can move twice the speed of light and faster (as it was already proven with Thor’sMjölnirwhere Silver Surfer watched in jealousy as Thor’s hammer entered hyperspace :D), so managing with Superman’s and Bizarro’s speed shouldn’t be a problem at all. The Hammers can also move at their own accord, so Thor can sit back and relax as his magicalMjölnirrams itself into Superman’s face at more than 2 times faster than light speed.

As I have explained, Thor and Beta Ray Bill totally win this. =DDD

Daaerk

blackadamFTW

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By blackadamFTW

@Floopay said:

@blackadamFTW said:

@Floopay said:

No, just....no.

Why not? Neither Superman or Bizarro are light speed in combat, and Beta Ray Bill can perceive things moving at multiple times the speed of light, and both of them often block, deflect, and avoid lightspeed attacks.

Thanks for reading,

Floopay

Well, Bizarro flew Grundy into the sun before he could even react, and Grundy is the guy who pimp slapped a blitzing Jay Garrick away pretty easily, and stomped Amazo (the guy who out reacted Flash). Bizzaro is pretty damn fast and was reacting to objects when he was racing with Zoom (so he had to be racing pretty damn fast). I'd say Bizarro is at least FTL in combat.

Lvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 50

User Lists: 18

#19  Edited By Lvenger

@Floopay: When has BRB ever done that? Hell when has Thor ever done something like that? I've never seem any of them deflect FTL attacks so you're pulling at straws here. Thor's combat speed feats are very poor and I find it disheartening that you overlook them. With speedblitz still allowed, Thor can still sucumb to that allowing Superman and Bizarro to double team BRB. Superman and Bizarro may only be hypersonic+ combat speed but Superman has nanosecond reaction times which puts him way above the hammer bros. I don't see them winning this.

Lvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By Lvenger

@blackadamFTW: I doubt that Bizarro is FTL combat wise. Slim87D has written a compelling blog on why Superman does not have FTL combat speed. But both of them are hypersonic+ which is more than enough for the hammer bros.

@Daaerk said:

@Floopay my buddy! :D Superman DC fanboys are going to cut themselves after reading your posts. Nice job!

As for the thread, I see Thor and Beta Ray Bill winning. They have worked together many times, have thousands of years of experience, reflexes to handle Superman-like-speeds, they have (near) indestructible magical weapons, versatility, pure speed etc. etc. etc. Especially morals off, Superman and Bizarro are out of luck here. “Goldilocks”’s and “Mr. Ed”’s hammers can move twice the speed of light and faster (as it was already proven with Thor’sMjölnirwhere Silver Surfer watched in jealousy as Thor’s hammer entered hyperspace :D), so managing with Superman’s and Bizarro’s speed shouldn’t be a problem at all. The Hammers can also move at their own accord, so Thor can sit back and relax as his magicalMjölnirrams itself into Superman’s face at more than 2 times faster than light speed.

As I have explained, Thor and Beta Ray Bill totally win this. =DDD

Daaerk

Sorry to break this down for you but teamwork is negligable since Superman and Bizarro get on fine too. Thor's reflexes are nothing to speak of given that he's been blitzed by Spider-Man, Mongoose, Captain America and even Amadeus Cho, an ordinary human. Thor hardly uses his versatile weapon unless facing cosmic/skyfather entities so that cancels versatility out. So Mjolnir can go 2 times the speed of light travel speed wise? Interesting. Superman has been calculated as travelling at 5.9 billion mph during the Sacrifice fight with Wonder Woman. So he easily outclasses Mjolnir there. So speed wise the hammer bros aren't cutting it. Nanospeed reactions and vibration should handle the moving hammers with ease.

Pyrogram

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#21  Edited By Pyrogram

@Lvenger: The hammer can go WAY faster than 2 times! It traveled the entire universe in like..30 seconds?

Floopay

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By Floopay

@Lvenger said:

@Floopay: When has BRB ever done that? Hell when has Thor ever done something like that? I've never seem any of them deflect FTL attacks so you're pulling at straws here. Thor's combat speed feats are very poor and I find it disheartening that you overlook them. With speedblitz still allowed, Thor can still sucumb to that allowing Superman and Bizarro to double team BRB. Superman and Bizarro may only be hypersonic+ combat speed but Superman has nanosecond reaction times which puts him way above the hammer bros. I don't see them winning this.

Why? Thor has taken on the Silver Surfer, Gladiator, Sentry, and so many others.

Beta Ray Bill vs. Surfer

As you can see, even the Silver Surfer can't speed blitz BRB, he had to use his board to catch BRB by surprise.

Beta Ray Bill can perceive things moving multiple times the speed of light.

Adam Warlock comments on Thor's speed, which is probably why he can keep up with Surfer and him simultaneously

I don't really feel like looking it up, but Thor has beaten Surfer at least twice, maybe even more. He's also one upped Gladiator. All these characters are as fast, if not faster than Superman.

Thanks for reading,

Floopay

Lvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By Lvenger

@Pyrogram: I assume you mean this feat?

For all we know it may not have gone to the farthest reaches of the galaxy. Just far enough before being needed to reunite with Thor. Furthermore when the 60 second enchantment was in place there were many occasions where turning back into Don Blake threatened his life yet did the hammer come back to him in time? No. Plus vibrating and nanosecond reaction times cancel out the hammers following Superman and Bizarro so most likely they won't graze them.

Pyrogram

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By Pyrogram

@Lvenger: It did go as Thor said it, lying is not a trait of Thors :) I guess, If Thor wanted to he would just blitz them with his hammer, but that is way out of character. - Or not.

Lol, Classic feats ftw

Lvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By Lvenger

@Floopay: BRB is impressive but Thor's one feat there does not cancel out all his other poor combat speed showings. Without the hammer Spider-Man, Mongoose and Amadeus Cho have been shown to blitz him. Even with the hammer Thor's done nothing special. In those fights you talk about none of the characters, Surfer, Sentry or Glad used their superior speed advantage to beat Thor. That's the deal clincher for plot convenience.

Furthermore that feat is hyperbole. Deathstroke has been said to 'move like lightning' yet that's clearly not the case. Sentry doesn't have the feats both travel and combat speed wise to compare to Superman and Silver Surfer only has better travel speed, not combat speed. Ask Killemall or CitizenBane and they'll tell you that Surfer's combat speed feats are nothing that special, not enough to combat with Superman anyway. Finally I gave a 5.9 billion mph speed showing for Superman. How does Gladiator beat that? He's the closest thing Marvel has to beating Superman I grant you but I haven't seen him beat that feat yet.

All in all Thor will still get blitzed and as good as BRB is he can't handle Superman and Bizarro.

Lvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By Lvenger

@Pyrogram: Again that's one showing against characters who can't vibrate their molecules at superspeed or have nanosecond reactions to dodge it. That tactic won't work on Team 1.

Pyrogram

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By Pyrogram

@Lvenger: Technically they will not be able to react to dodge it, But yer, I understand you :P

Lvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By Lvenger

@Pyrogram: How won't they be able to react to it? I'm sure it won't take less than a nanosecond for them to dodge or vibrate through the hammers.

Unfortunately tis getting late in Britain and I must get some sleep. I'll reply to this tomorrow for sure. And if you make a response to my comment Floopay I'll happily reply to your comment too.

Pyrogram

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By Pyrogram

@Lvenger: I am in the UK also dude :P I meant, techincally if it can reach the whole universe and back, It is faster than the reaction speed but its not a debate as Thor will never fight like that :P

Floopay

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By Floopay

@Lvenger said:

@Floopay: BRB is impressive but Thor's one feat there does not cancel out all his other poor combat speed showings. Without the hammer Spider-Man, Mongoose and Amadeus Cho have been shown to blitz him. Even with the hammer Thor's done nothing special. In those fights you talk about none of the characters, Surfer, Sentry or Glad used their superior speed advantage to beat Thor. That's the deal clincher for plot convenience.

Furthermore that feat is hyperbole. Deathstroke has been said to 'move like lightning' yet that's clearly not the case. Sentry doesn't have the feats both travel and combat speed wise to compare to Superman and Silver Surfer only has better travel speed, not combat speed. Ask Killemall or CitizenBane and they'll tell you that Surfer's combat speed feats are nothing that special, not enough to combat with Superman anyway. Finally I gave a 5.9 billion mph speed showing for Superman. How does Gladiator beat that? He's the closest thing Marvel has to beating Superman I grant you but I haven't seen him beat that feat yet.

All in all Thor will still get blitzed and as good as BRB is he can't handle Superman and Bizarro.

I think Thor's speed is drastically underrated. Thor has to hold back against guys like Mongoose, Captain America, Spider Man, and Amadeus Cho. If Thor were to use so much as 0.01% of his maximum striking power, they would explode like Rorschach confronting Doctor Manhattan. And yes, I can prove that. So it's not unreasonable to assume that if he can't strike them with anywhere near his full striking power without blowing them to pieces that he'd hold back in speed (which is a huge part of striking power) and strength alike.

However, when he goes up against real powerhouses.

Thor vs. Heimdall

Thor vs. Hermes, the God of Speed

Catches Mjonlir after it was thrown at him, and only a few microseconds from hitting his face, he even has time to throw a punch at Magnir before he turns around and catches it.

So which instance is more likely an indicator of Thor's combat speed? Him fighting street levelers who would explode if he used a fraction of a fraction of a fraction of his might against, or him fighting people on his level who keep commenting how fast he is?

Also, are we really to believe that every cosmic being Thor faces feels sorry for him, and decides to not use their speed against him? I find that idea completely ridiculous, if someone regularly fights with nanosecond+ reaction speed, why would they decide to slow down below that fighting speed to fight someone like Thor, who pretty easily keeps up with and overpowers people with proven nanosecond+ reaction times.

Thanks for reading,

Floopay

Avatar image for ultrastarkiller
ULTRAstarkiller

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By ULTRAstarkiller

@spawn_123: But isn't the moon even closer to the sun so the more powerful their get ?

CalebHara

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By CalebHara

@Floopay said:

@CalebHara said:

Thanks for reading,

Floopay

For the record, they have destroyed full moons, cut a moon of saturn in half, which is probably more impressive than destroying it. He has destroyed planetoids without any amplifications. He has been in several fights where even on the defensive his opponents claim that he hits with the force to destroy planets.

It seems rather even to me.

CalebHara

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By CalebHara

@Lvenger: is it in character for Superman and Bizarro to vibrate through attacks?

Lvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By Lvenger

@Pyrogram: ROne instance of doing that doesn't outweigh the times Thor hasn't thrown it at that speed at his opponents.

@Floopay: I'm afraid it's not a case of holding back, it's a case of Thor doesn't have the combat speed to compete with them. Captain America has commented on Masterson's lack of speed, saying that Thor displayed a similar flaw. Also you've only proved that Thor's striking power is up to the task of harming Team 1, not that they can land a hit on them. As for your feats, two of them are sheer hyperbole once again. There's a similar feat where it's thought that Thor is fighting at lightspeed yet that is to do with the chamber they are fighting in, not the speed Thor has at his disposal. Only the Hermes one is legit and he most likely wasn't looking to react to Thor's grabbing him. The times Thor has been lacking in speed far outweigh the times he's shown decent combat speed feats and even those aren't enough to contend with Superman and Bizarro. Thor is still the weak link here, as much as I love the guy. I sense you'll have a response to this so allow me to gather some more cases to counter your post.

Edit: Another thing I think would be worth checking out Floopay is this thread. It's about Thor's combat speed and includes very strong arguments in my favour from CitizenBane, Killemall, Baldy, Buckshot and more on how Thor's combat speed and reaction times aren't up to scratch with how you seem to be rating them. It's 11 pages so bear that in mind: http://www.comicvine.com/forums/battles/7/thor-runs-the-combat-speed-gautlet/691255/?

@CalebHara: Oh it's very in character. He's vibrated through attacks on multiple occasions including when he went up against Doomsday, Mongul and Mongal and someone else who I can't remember. He's performed this numerous times so I see it being perfectly in character for Superman to vibrate through the hammers when they're thrown at him.

terry2012

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By terry2012

Is Bizarro weak to magic?

Lvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By Lvenger

@terry2012: He hasn't shown a vulnerability to magic but that's probably because he hasn't gone up against any magic users.

terry2012

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By terry2012

@Lvenger: Okay, thanks. Is he weak to krytonite?

Lvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By Lvenger

@terry2012: Only blue kryptonite, not green kryptonite.

terry2012

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By terry2012

@Lvenger: Okay, so he like Ultraman being weak to blue Kryptonite right? Is Ultraman ( the superman version) weak to magic?

Lvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By Lvenger

@terry2012: Again that's not clearly defined so I can't say for certain.

terry2012

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By terry2012

@Lvenger: Okay.

Has fought Black Adam or Captain Marvel?

Lvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By Lvenger

@terry2012: Has Bizarro ever fought CM or BA is your question I assume? In that case no he hasn't. Which is a shame really.

terry2012

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By terry2012

@Lvenger: Yes, Yes it is a shame.

CalebHara

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By CalebHara

Bump

Floopay

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By Floopay

@Lvenger said:

@Pyrogram: ROne instance of doing that doesn't outweigh the times Thor hasn't thrown it at that speed at his opponents.

@Floopay: I'm afraid it's not a case of holding back, it's a case of Thor doesn't have the combat speed to compete with them. Captain America has commented on Masterson's lack of speed, saying that Thor displayed a similar flaw. Also you've only proved that Thor's striking power is up to the task of harming Team 1, not that they can land a hit on them. As for your feats, two of them are sheer hyperbole once again. There's a similar feat where it's thought that Thor is fighting at lightspeed yet that is to do with the chamber they are fighting in, not the speed Thor has at his disposal. Only the Hermes one is legit and he most likely wasn't looking to react to Thor's grabbing him. The times Thor has been lacking in speed far outweigh the times he's shown decent combat speed feats and even those aren't enough to contend with Superman and Bizarro. Thor is still the weak link here, as much as I love the guy. I sense you'll have a response to this so allow me to gather some more cases to counter your post.

Edit: Another thing I think would be worth checking out Floopay is this thread. It's about Thor's combat speed and includes very strong arguments in my favour from CitizenBane, Killemall, Baldy, Buckshot and more on how Thor's combat speed and reaction times aren't up to scratch with how you seem to be rating them. It's 11 pages so bear that in mind: http://www.comicvine.com/forums/battles/7/thor-runs-the-combat-speed-gautlet/691255/?

@CalebHara: Oh it's very in character. He's vibrated through attacks on multiple occasions including when he went up against Doomsday, Mongul and Mongal and someone else who I can't remember. He's performed this numerous times so I see it being perfectly in character for Superman to vibrate through the hammers when they're thrown at him.

Except Thor fights people who outclass Superman in speed all the time. And I've already commented on Thor vs. Street Levelers. If Thor used so much as .01% of his full striking power he would make them explode into confetti, so it seems much more reasonable to listen to people like Gaea and Adam Warlock commenting on Thor's speed when he can actually let loose his full power, than to base his speed on people who he has to hold back almost all of his striking power against unless he wants to make them explode like a cardboard box with a grenade in it.

Thanks for reading,

Floopay

Avatar image for deactivated-5b2e798651249
deactivated-5b2e798651249

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

How is it that I haven't thought of this fight?

Avatar image for manwhohaseverything
Manwhohaseverything

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

I think one needs to be careful saying what Superman's greatest feat is,. I notice for Superman, it's been relegated to the past few years, where destroying a moon and getting knocked out in the process is "His greatest feat." Yet with Thor, you're willing to go back to the classic Thor days. If you're going to do that, than folks arguing for Superman should be able to go back to the Silver Age, where Superman has many insane feats far beyond his little moon excursion.

I think the main thing the Hammer team has going for them is the magic properties of the hammers. Superman would be affected by them the same way any normal human would, so if Thor and BRB don't hold back..and against opponents like this, why would they?...I think Thor and BRB have a slight edge. Though not as big as the folks that seem to think any Marvel character can beat any DC character. (I bet someone out there has Captain American beating Superman.)

Avatar image for war_hulk_kills_sentry2
War_Hulk_Kills_Sentry2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Manwhohaseverything: he could just needs a chunk of kryptonite and a sword and his head slips of his shoulders

Lvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49  Edited By Lvenger

That comment does suggest you haven't even read the link I gave you. The arguments given there show how combat and reaction speed wise Thor doesn't even compare to Superman. So even with his striking feats that's of no concern.

Avatar image for deactivated-5b2e798651249
deactivated-5b2e798651249

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

Superman has nanosecond reaction speed, so how does team 2 land a hit?