Avatar image for man_of_miracles
Man_of_Miracles

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By Man_of_Miracles

I would say the turning point here will be Firelord beating Terrax, at which point Thor and Firelord overwhelm Beta Ray together.

But all around epic fight.

IZZR

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By IZZR
@Man_of_Miracles said:

I would say the turning point here will be Firelord beating Terrax, at which point Thor and Firelord overwhelm Beta Ray together.

Cool...What advantage has Firelord got over Terrax?
Floopay

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#4  Edited By Floopay

@IZZR said:

@Man_of_Miracles said:

I think they both jobbered against someone ridiculous. Firelord jobbered to Spiderman, but who did Terrax jobber against (don't say Sentry)...?

Thanks for reading,

Floopay

Man_of_Miracles

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Man_of_Miracles

@IZZR said:

@Man_of_Miracles said:

He has much better feats on the whole. (Stalemating SS, beating/stalemating Thor)

Although Terrax has some good showings, he is pretty underwhelming most of the time, its a shame really.

Man_of_Miracles

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Man_of_Miracles

@Floopay said:

@IZZR said:

@Man_of_Miracles said:

I think they both jobbered against someone ridiculous. Firelord jobbered to Spiderman, but who did Terrax jobber against (don't say Sentry)...?

Thanks for reading,

Floopay

I don't remember, but classically Terrax is a bigger jobber and on the whole I believe has less impressive showings. (In terms of combat, Terrax has the planet destroying feat which is pretty good.)

IZZR

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By IZZR
@Floopay said:

@IZZR said:

@Man_of_Miracles said:

Thanks for reading,

Floopay

He can't job to someone who is more powerful than him so the Sentry fight can't be considered a Job.
Malevolent1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Malevolent1

Matter of fact Terrax did job to Sentry. I always perceived Firelord as FTL and Terrax as not. Could be wrong. Unless someone proves me wrong I'm going with Thor and Firelord

Man_of_Miracles

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Man_of_Miracles

@IZZR said:

@Floopay said:

@IZZR said:

@Man_of_Miracles said:

Thanks for reading,

Floopay

He can't job to someone who is more powerful than him so the Sentry fight can't be considered a Job.

I think that is what he was saying.

Although, Terrax lost pathetically, and it doesn't make a whole lot of sense when you consider that Sentry is below most Heralds.

Floopay

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Floopay

@IZZR:

That's why I said don't say Sentry. A lot of people hate Sentry with a passion and put him pretty much as low on the powerhouse totem pole as possible.

Thanks for reading,

Floopay

IZZR

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By IZZR
@Man_of_Miracles said:

@IZZR said:

@Floopay said:

@IZZR said:

@Man_of_Miracles said:

Thanks for reading,

Floopay

Although, Terrax lost pathetically, and it doesn't make a whole lot of sense when you consider that Sentry is below most Heralds.

I have to disagree with you, Sentry full potential meaning with Void is either on the same level as Surfer and Fallen one or higher, and as Fooplay mentioned most people who dont agree hate him and that is their reasoning behind low balling Robert.
XiiX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By XiiX

@Man_of_Miracles said:

Avatar image for simon_the_digger
Simon_the_digger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Simon_the_digger

Beta Ray Bill & Terrax

Man_of_Miracles

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Man_of_Miracles

@IZZR said:

@Man_of_Miracles said:

@IZZR said:

@Floopay said:

@IZZR said:

@Man_of_Miracles said:

Thanks for reading,

Floopay

I have to disagree with you, Sentry full potential meaning with Void is either on the same level as Surfer and Fallen one or higher, and as Fooplay mentioned most people who dont agree hate him and that is their reasoning behind low balling Robert.

Ok but Terrax lost to Sentry. Not to Void.

Void is a completely separate thing.

Sentry, as in just Sentry, not Void, is below Herald level.

IZZR

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By IZZR
@Man_of_Miracles said:

@IZZR said:

@Man_of_Miracles said:

@IZZR said:

@Floopay said:

@IZZR said:

@Man_of_Miracles said:

Thanks for reading,

Floopay

Void and Sentry are one in the same, Void just comes out when Sentry is bloodlusted.
Man_of_Miracles

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By Man_of_Miracles

@IZZR said:

@Man_of_Miracles said:

@IZZR said:

@Man_of_Miracles said:

@IZZR said:

@Floopay said:

@IZZR said:

@Man_of_Miracles said:

Thanks for reading,

Floopay

Void and Sentry are one in the same, Void just comes out when Sentry is bloodlusted.

This is like saying that Thor, and Warrior Madness Thor are one and the same.

This is a fallacy.

Void's feats are not applicable to Sentry. Void did not be Terrax, Sentry did. You can't simply interchange the two.

In addition Sentry was calm as could be when he beat Terrax. Meaning he was not Void at the time.

Floopay

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By Floopay

@Man_of_Miracles said:

@IZZR said:

@Man_of_Miracles said:

@IZZR said:

@Man_of_Miracles said:

@IZZR said:

@Floopay said:

@IZZR said:

@Man_of_Miracles said:

Thanks for reading,

Floopay

This is a fallacy.

Void's feats are not applicable to Sentry. Void did not be Terrax, Sentry did. You can't simply interchange the two.

In addition Sentry was calm as could be when he beat Terrax. Meaning he was not Void at the time.

This is true. I've actually taken several college level Psychology and Psychiatry classes, and in multiple personality cases, all personalities can function as different entities. And in some cases their eye color can even change when they swap personalities (no this isn't fictional, I am actually referring to real people).

Thanks for reading,

Floopay

IZZR

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By IZZR
@Man_of_Miracles said:

@IZZR said:

@Man_of_Miracles said:

@IZZR said:

@Man_of_Miracles said:

@IZZR said:

@Floopay said:

@IZZR said:

@Man_of_Miracles said:

Thanks for reading,

Floopay

This is a fallacy.

They are the same people just at two seperate emotional or mental stages but its essentially the same person.

I did not even claim Void beat Terrax :/ I know it was Sentry besides i consider Sentry to be on par with Thor anyway, i was simply saying the only heralds Sentry could not defeat are SS and Fallen One thats all and i said in order to do so he would need to let go and use Void powers in which case some people may say he still loses to SS at least but i personally think he would beat SS with Void powers.
Floopay

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By Floopay

@IZZR: Morg would probably put Sentry in a world of hurt to be honest.

Thanks for reading,

Floopay

Man_of_Miracles

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By Man_of_Miracles

@Floopay said:

@Man_of_Miracles said:

@IZZR said:

@Man_of_Miracles said:

@IZZR said:

@Man_of_Miracles said:

@IZZR said:

@Floopay said:

@IZZR said:

@Man_of_Miracles said:

Thanks for reading,

Floopay

This is a fallacy.

This is true. I've actually taken several college level Psychology and Psychiatry classes, and in multiple personality cases, all personalities can function as different entities. And in some cases their eye color can even change when they swap personalities (no this isn't fictional, I am actually referring to real people).

Thanks for reading,

Floopay

That is actually fascinating.

Thanks for the input Floopay.

IZZR

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By IZZR
@Floopay said:

Thanks for reading,

Floopay

Well think about this, if Sentry beat Terrax effortlessly and he gave Morg a hell of a fight i think that constitutes a win for Sentry too.
Man_of_Miracles

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By Man_of_Miracles

@IZZR said:

@Man_of_Miracles said:

@IZZR said:

@Man_of_Miracles said:

@IZZR said:

@Man_of_Miracles said:

@IZZR said:

@Floopay said:

@IZZR said:

@Man_of_Miracles said:

Thanks for reading,

Floopay

This is a fallacy.

They are the same people just at two seperate emotional or mental stages but its essentially the same person. I did not even claim Void beat Terrax :/ I know it was Sentry besides i consider Sentry to be on par with Thor anyway, i was simply saying the only heralds Sentry could not defeat are SS and Fallen One thats all and i said in order to do so he would need to let go and use Void powers in which case some people may say he still loses to SS at least but i personally think he would beat SS with Void powers.

Sentry would probably be beaten by Morg, SS, Stardust, Fallen One, Destroyer. possibly Red Shift.

If he is Void, difficult to say really. Could probably beat most of them.

Man_of_Miracles

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By Man_of_Miracles

@IZZR said:

@Floopay said:

Thanks for reading,

Floopay

Well think about this, if Sentry beat Terrax effortlessly and he gave Morg a hell of a fight i think that constitutes a win for Sentry too.

I would consider the fact that he beat Terrax effortlessly pretty bad PIS. We are talking about a guy who can destroy and planet and fight Morg and he loses in one blow to Sentry?

That doesn't really follow.

Floopay

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By Floopay

@IZZR: I think Morg only really lost to Silver Surfer though. Morg was supposed to be the strongest Herald, and I think Galactus learned his lesson from doing that, because Morg turned on him at one point and cracked a hole in his ship with his axe. Then when Morg went, the axe was given to Terrax. I forget who that worked, it's been ages since I read that comic, mostly because I was pissed to see Morg go.

Thanks for reading,

Floopay

Floopay

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By Floopay

@Man_of_Miracles: Interestingly enough. Ted Bundy was really hard to locate because he had enough mental control over his body that he could actually change his eye color at will. When he commited his acts of violence his eyes were bright blue, and when he was just being himself, he had brown eyes. Which means when he was in line up women had a hard time identifying him because they specifically remembered his bright blue eyes. Something I read in one of my psychology textbooks, the article was called "The All-American Boy" as I recall.

Thanks for reading,

Floopay

IZZR

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By IZZR
@Floopay said:

@IZZR: I think Morg only really lost to Silver Surfer though. Morg was supposed to be the strongest Herald, and I think Galactus learned his lesson from doing that, because Morg turned on him at one point and cracked a hole in his ship with his axe. Then when Morg went, the axe was given to Terrax. I forget who that worked, it's been ages since I read that comic, mostly because I was pissed to see Morg go.

Thanks for reading,

Floopay

Yeah me also he died too quick like fallen one i find Stardust soooo boring the other heralds need more exposure especially Alpha Ray and Redshift
Floopay

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By Floopay

@Man_of_Miracles said:

@IZZR said:

@Floopay said:

Thanks for reading,

Floopay

I would consider the fact that he beat Terrax effortlessly pretty bad PIS. We are talking about a guy who can destroy and planet and fight Morg and he loses in one blow to Sentry?

Sentry was identified by SHIELD to have zero weaknesses, and was considered stronger than Thor. I think he had a lot of potential that was left untapped, and when he fought Terrax he was completely mentally stable and not in the mood for Terrax's $%&^. I think that's one of the few occasions where we got to see Sentry mentally stable and in full control of his body, because he seemed almost Void level in that story arc.

Thanks for reading,

Floopay

Man_of_Miracles

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By Man_of_Miracles

@Floopay said:

@Man_of_Miracles: Interestingly enough. Ted Bundy was really hard to locate because he had enough mental control over his body that he could actually change his eye color at will. When he commited his acts of violence his eyes were bright blue, and when he was just being himself, he had brown eyes. Which means when he was in line up women had a hard time identifying him because they specifically remembered his bright blue eyes. Something I read in one of my psychology textbooks, the article was called "The All-American Boy" as I recall.

Thanks for reading,

Floopay

That is really crazy.

Man_of_Miracles

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By Man_of_Miracles

@Floopay said:

@Man_of_Miracles said:

@IZZR said:

@Floopay said:

Thanks for reading,

Floopay

Sentry was identified by SHIELD to have zero weaknesses, and was considered stronger than Thor. I think he had a lot of potential that was left untapped, and when he fought Terrax he was completely mentally stable and not in the mood for Terrax's $%&^. I think that's one of the few occasions where we got to see Sentry mentally stable and in full control of his body, because he seemed almost Void level in that story arc.

Thanks for reading,

Floopay

Interesting.

I really just meant Sentry's other showings don't necessarily justify him beating a Herald in one blow.

Although I do understand he is supposed to get more powerful as time goes by and he becomes more stable.

Floopay

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By Floopay

@Man_of_Miracles:

What I got from that story arc was that SHIELD kept making him do one morally gray task after another, and int he end I just think his morals got so compromised that he couldn't hold the Void back any longer. I think the reason he was so powerful fighting Terrax is because for once he had a clear cut enemy to fight, someone who was actually a bad guy with no question. Everyone else he had to fight blurred the lines between good and evil, and I think that's what made Robert Reynolds so unstable, because I don't think he could justify what he was doing.

Now I don't know if that's what the authors were going for. But the more I read of him throughout the Civil War and all the Avengers arcs he was in, the more I felt he was just being pushed around by his superiors to do what they wanted, and the more it seemed he was uncomfortable with what he was doing, but too loyal to the cause to speak out against it.

Thanks for reading,

Floopay

Man_of_Miracles

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By Man_of_Miracles

@Floopay said:

@Man_of_Miracles:

What I got from that story arc was that SHIELD kept making him do one morally gray task after another, and int he end I just think his morals got so compromised that he couldn't hold the Void back any longer. I think the reason he was so powerful fighting Terrax is because for once he had a clear cut enemy to fight, someone who was actually a bad guy with no question. Everyone else he had to fight blurred the lines between good and evil, and I think that's what made Robert Reynolds so unstable, because I don't think he could justify what he was doing.

Now I don't know if that's what the authors were going for. But the more I read of him throughout the Civil War and all the Avengers arcs he was in, the more I felt he was just being pushed around by his superiors to do what they wanted, and the more it seemed he was uncomfortable with what he was doing, but too loyal to the cause to speak out against it.

Thanks for reading,

Floopay

I would agree that the moral ambiguity of his assignments were having a negative effect on his state of mind.

Which I would certainly think led to the Void incident.

In addition, Sentry overall seems to be a very moral character, and I could see him not fighting at his best or holding back while in a "grey" territory.

Strafe Prower

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 16

#32  Edited By Strafe Prower

Team 2

Malevolent1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By Malevolent1

I've always understood Robert Reynolds to be the Void...The Sentry was a 'hard light' construct....a projection of what 'good' side was left of Robert conscience....a 'super Jininy Crickett if u will. Having said that...yeah I think Norman manipulating him and feeding him extra serum were all factors that finally pushed him over the edge

jeanroygrant

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By jeanroygrant

Thor & Firelord.

IZZR

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By IZZR
@Man_of_Miracles said:

@Floopay said:

@Man_of_Miracles:

Thanks for reading,

Floopay

I would agree that the moral ambiguity of his assignments were having a negative effect on his state of mind.

Which I would certainly think led to the Void incident.

In addition, Sentry overall seems to be a very moral character, and I could see him not fighting at his best or holding back while in a "grey" territory.

Well according to S.H.I.E.L.D. when Robert is level headed and thinking straight his power rivals the powers he posseses as the Void but as someone already mentioned Norman just about drove him insane, they need to bring him back minus the insanity and stronger than Thor because otherwise his whole characters is useless.
IZZR

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By IZZR

bump