Reviews: 0

User Lists: 10

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

Beta Ray Bill & Gladiator

VS

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

Green Lantern (Stewart) & Wonder Woman (Post Crisis & Post Flashpoint)

In character (Kallark was just listening to Journey's "Don't Stop Believin'" a few moments before the battle)

Winner by KO, Incapacitation or Death

Random encounter

Standard gear and abilities

Fight takes place at an unpopulated city setting at night

Who'd win? For what reasons?

Battle123axe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

I'll side with team 2

helloman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Team 2 wins.

Batman3000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 9

Backing team 2 here.

APEX_pretador

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

Team 1

Avatar image for blackpantherisb
blackpantherisb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 1

Team 2

Sy8000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 Sy8000  Online

Team 2 stomps.

Avatar image for atheistknowledge
AtheistKnowledge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By AtheistKnowledge

Team 2, Gladiator is too much of a weak link.

blackpantherisb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Itachus17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

HellionVulcan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

Beta Ray is the wild card depending on how he fights, If he fights as stupid as he did with Thanos the Green Lantern will dominate him hard while Gladiator and Wonder Woman can go either way.

dondave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Team 2

Lvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 50

User Lists: 18

A close fight, could go either way. I'd favour Team 2 slightly since Diana is composite and John is fast enough to outreact Superman.

Cosmic_Templar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm going with Team 2 with a very close fight. Diana's skills and expertise with John's constructs and versatility will be hard for Beta Ray Bill and Gladiator to overcome.

APEX_pretador

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@blackpantherisb:

I believe that hammer bros are hard counter to Green lantern's because of high striking power, energy manipulation and ability to block blasts as well as throwing hammer.

Gladiator would beat Diana in a hard fight as well IMO.

Cosmic_Templar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@blackpantherisb:

I believe that hammer bros are hard counter to Green lantern's because of high striking power, energy manipulation and ability to block blasts as well as throwing hammer.

Gladiator would beat Diana in a hard fight as well IMO.

I think John has a chance to beat BRB because of his high durability, skill with the ring and creativity.

Diana and Gladiator would be a very close fight but I would argue Diana is slightly more skilled and strong.

AtheistKnowledge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Gladiator vs WW is not a fight that can go either way, it's a fight that can go only one way, with Diana blitzing off his head.

APEX_pretador

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@cosmic_templar:

How creative is John with the ring? He'd need a lot of creativity to have a chance of beating bill. I do agree his skill and experience with ring is good but the strength of GL constructs generally barely holds or fails against non holding back Superman, and bill strikes harder.

Could be possible. She's skilled and stronger but he's faster in raw speed and punches harder. Maybe her experience fighting Superman comes in handy but Gladiator doesn't hold back as much. I can agree them going either way.

Cosmic_Templar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@cosmic_templar:

How creative is John with the ring? He'd need a lot of creativity to have a chance of beating bill. I do agree his skill and experience with ring is good but the strength of GL constructs generally barely holds or fails against non holding back Superman, and bill strikes harder.

Could be possible. She's skilled and stronger but he's faster in raw speed and punches harder. Maybe her experience fighting Superman comes in handy but Gladiator doesn't hold back as much. I can agree them going either way.

John is very good with his constructs. While he can't hold back superman at his best, he is strong enough to hold off beings like Parallax, Fernus and several black lanterns.

I think Diana's too skilled and she's fought Superman on many occasions so she knows how to combat foes who can punch harder and faster. I would give Diana a very slight edge here.

blackpantherisb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@apex_pretador: I can agree with BRB taking a small advantage but WW would definitely take out Glads faster than BRB would bring down John. She has a large speed advantage and she has out classed Hercules who has the same strength and durability as CM she beat him down she also has the speed of Hermes who was treating a Mach 50 flash like fodder. And who ran out of a black hole. (FTL speeds required) she also has crazy durability and Glads seems to have a minor disadvantage to piercing and slashing damage so WW could capitalize on that with he r atom piercing sword, she has even winded convict with her kicks and some real damage to Superman. And the shockwaves of her strikes have shaken planets.

APEX_pretador

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@blackpantherisb:

I can agree that she maybe slightly stronger but the gap is close.

However in raw speed, she isn't faster. Gladiator has blitzed speedsters (novas) himself, has a couple FTL combat speed feats , and Diana doesn't have many quantifiable high tier speed feats.

In durability, gladiator easily outclasses her. He also punches harder.

Also, if you're gonna use statements, then gladiator is a bigger beast but I'm not using statements.

There is no way this is going to be one sided.

AtheistKnowledge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By AtheistKnowledge

It's funny how this Gladiator nonsense simply refuses to die, despite the fact that the guys speed, striking and durability are wanked beyond all measure and revolve around nothing but out of context and outlier feats.

Diana has more consistent speed feats then Gladiator who fails against street level characters, bricks and slow powerhouses all the time and her durability is again better then Gladiators and if we go by outliers since that's the only thing that Gladiator seems to operate to some at, she massively outshines him and with her equipment Gladiator is just not able to compete.

blackpantherisb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@apex_pretador: She has quite a few speed feats: she has deflect hundreds of pieces of the god's head which is FTL she has deflected beams of light has the speed of Hermes who an early age Flash said was faster than he could perceive and that this must be how normal people feel when fighting him. This flash was around Mach 30 and the average human foot speed is 15 mph and Mach 30 is 23,000 mph so flash runs 1,500 times faster than a human. She has also entered the speed force under her own power and you ah e to go FTL to achieve that and she has fought Amazonia with all of the leagues powers and he was just as fast as her. I agree it is not one sided but WW has a small speed advantage a strength advantage and a gear advantage. She also has very similar durability and striking

Nathaniel_Adam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#25  Edited By Nathaniel_Adam

Team 1

Ouroborik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

Kallark was just listening to Journey's "Don't Stop Believin'" a few moments before the battle

Under this conditions Gladiator solos.

For real now, I don't know enough about Stewart's power level to give a good opinion

Batvibe12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I see Team 2 winning most fights.

Mooty_Pass

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By Mooty_Pass

@atheistknowledge: I agree with you. At one point I thought Gladiator was SUPER powerful, but once I digged into his character and feats he is NOT that impressive.

The dude got whipped by Gambit seriously!?......Gambit out of ALL the X-Men you let Gambit beat you? -_-

I think Gladiator is too much inconsistent. One minute he can pop planets like a grape, fight at FTL speeds. Then next minute he gets molly whipped by weaker people than him........

AtheistKnowledge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@stormphoenix: Actually i don't think Gladiator ever even busted a planet, nowhere in the comic does it anything refer to it as a planet, it's more likely a Moon or a planetoid. He has a grand total of 2 FTL combat feats in 40 years of existence and dozens and dozens of feats where he fails to react or gets outright blitzed and fails to tag street level characters, bricks and slow powerhouses.

TheKinfing

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Mooty_Pass

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@atheistknowledge: Thanks for the correction. But yeah to ME personally he's not that impressive. Even Teenage Jean Grey creamed Gladiator via Telekinesis. And to make matters worse A skrull posing as Storm manged to make him flee from battle.

I'm sorry Gladiator fans, but he's just not impressive

AtheistKnowledge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thekinfing: The nano-second feat and him speeding himself up while everything around him was frozen.

WollfMyth209

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Team 2.

Theanalyser

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Lowballing gladiator as always

Kingant27

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Could go either way IMO.

comic_bruh777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Team 2 MVP diana

Darth_Nimrod

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Slightly leaning towards team 1, but I can be swayed.

reaverlation

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Diana and John

blackpantherisb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Darth_Nimrod

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@blackpantherisb: As I said, I don't have a particularly strong opinion about team 1 winning, and can be swayed to change my mind. Anyways, when it comes to reasons, for starters, I'm not sure if Wonder Woman's sword counts as standard equipment here. Also, John Stewart isn't as powerful or skilled as Hal Jordan or Kyle Rayner. Beta Ray Bill has similar brute strength and durability than Wonder Woman, but Stormbreaker gives him considerably greater striking force than hers, aside from granting him weather manipulation and energy blasts to make up for her superior reflexes. The hammer also grants him energy absorption and redirection, which would come in handy against John Stewart. As for Gladiator, sure, he's below Superman, but he's still a threat here.

blackpantherisb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@darth_nimrod: John is still planet art in constructs, and more has tanked Supernovas and has hurt parallax with his blasts. WW's sword is certainly part of her standard gear and Gladiator is way to much of a weak link and both could trounce him casually.

ChomP

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

LMAO diana doesn't have anywhere the reaction speed feats to blitz Gladiator lol

Gladiator vs WW is not a fight that can go either way, it's a fight that can go only one way, with Diana blitzing off his head.

Darth_Nimrod

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@blackpantherisb: Mmm...you may be right. But there's the fact that Superman has been able to shatter John's constructs without much difficulty.

ChomP

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

You are kidding right a LARGE speed advantage. WOW mach 50 - ohhh light speed LMAO gladiator has travels light MANY YEARS in minutes (at a very minimum 2.6 Millions times the speed of light) Gladiator has faster combat speed fought in a nano seconds, can react in one tenth of a nano second ( 1 ten billionth of a second)

along with all of super man powers as well LMAO

@apex_pretador: I can agree with BRB taking a small advantage but WW would definitely take out Glads faster than BRB would bring down John. She has a large speed advantage and she has out classed Hercules who has the same strength and durability as CM she beat him down she also has the speed of Hermes who was treating a Mach 50 flash like fodder. And who ran out of a black hole. (FTL speeds required) she also has crazy durability and Glads seems to have a minor disadvantage to piercing and slashing damage so WW could capitalize on that with he r atom piercing sword, she has even winded convict with her kicks and some real damage to Superman. And the shockwaves of her strikes have shaken planets.

KrleAvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 114

I was about to say Hal beats Bill and Wonder Woman beats Gladiator but I saw John instead and I started to think about it. Now I know Gladiator is a weak link here and how Diana takes a massive majority over him but Bill is a dangerous opponent who has a chance to beat John. I would side with team 2 because Diana can beat Gladiator pretty fast and than help John beat Bill.

Team 2 stomps.

Don't you think that is too much? Bill is dangerous opponent and Gladiator can at least hold Diana of for a minute.

Sy8000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 Sy8000  Online

@krleavenger: Bill's showings are too shaky for me when compared to Thor and I have a hard time seeing Gladiator as anything but a chump lately.

KrleAvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 114

@krleavenger: Bill's showings are too shaky for me when compared to Thor and I have a hard time seeing Gladiator as anything but a chump lately.

Ok I can agree with Gladiator part but comparing character vs character showing to other character vs character showing does not work for me. Especially that scan where Bill has problems with Namor. That is absurd to me. Iron-man has feats to stomp Namor under water.

Sy8000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 Sy8000  Online

@highaccuser said:

Ok I can agree with Gladiator part but comparing character vs character showing to other character vs character showing does not work for me. Especially that scan where Bill has problems with Namor. That is absurd to me. Iron-man has feats to stomp Namor under water.

How characters like Namor fare against high tiers can vary widely. I mean people bring up Thor one-shotting him while it was raining but he's also struggled with him while dry, and then you bring up quantifiable feats and Thor should shrug him off like a dust mite.

I was thinking of Red Hulk and Silver Surfer mainly.