Best Hand To Hand Fighter in The MCU??? Vote!

• 104 results
Avatar image for theonewhodoesso
TheOneWhoDoesSo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Poll Best Hand To Hand Fighter in The MCU??? Vote! (143 votes)

Black Widow 20%
Mockingbird 6%
Grant Ward 3%
Hawkeye 0%
Melinda May 10%
Daisy Johnson (No Powers) 1%
Jessica Jones (No Powers) 0%
Daredevil 36%
Luke Cage (No Powers) 2%
Other (Leave in Comments) 21%

No Gear. No Weapons. No Tactical Support. NO POWERS. These are just your Street Fighters in a show-down. Mostly from TV, some movie additions.

Who walks Away?

Also, how would you rank them in pure H2H as well???

Black Widow

Mockingbird

Grant Ward

Hawkeye

Melinda May

Daisy Johnson

Jessica Jones

Daredevil

Luke Cage

Or someone else??

• 
RBT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Why is Steve not an option? He's definitely one of the best in MCU. As for the list, this is how I'd rant them-

1. Melinda May
  2. Bobbi Morse
  3. Natasha
  4. Matt Murdock
  5. Grant Ward
  6. Clint Barton
  7. Daisy
  8. Jessica
  9. Luke

TheOneWhoDoesSo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rbt: I'll have to add him in! Sorry!

TorchwoodBoy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Got to be Mockingbird, she's a beast of a fighter.

Nat would come out top if she had gear, but I don't see her out H2Hing Bobbi (or May for that matter)

Cap should be in this list, but I can understand why you wouldn't put him in as he gets overrated even without his strength.

Avatar image for elijah_c_washington
Elijah_C_Washington

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Obviously Hawkeye.

Avatar image for linsanel_doctor
linsanel_Doctor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Loading Video...

blackpanther16

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Cap should so be in here

TorchwoodBoy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@blackpanther16 said:

Cap should so be in here

How can Cap be de-powered though? If he was, he'd be the skinny kid again. I get he's a good martial artist, but I think that the OP was right to leave him off the list.

blackpanther16

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@torchwoodboy:I would say they could make cap with his current body size just without added stamina,strength,and endurance

RandomSid82

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@torchwoodboy:I would say they could make cap with his current body size just without added stamina,strength,and endurance

That would be putting a lot of speculation into play. Cap is great, but he doesn't have to be in every MCU thread. You can't really depower him without making him useless.

TorchwoodBoy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Cap is good, but I think there are too many variables for the OP to include him.

@blackpanther16 said:

That would be putting a lot of speculation into play. Cap is great, but he doesn't have to be in every MCU thread. You can't really depower him without making him useless.

This ^

blackpanther16

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

TheSuperor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

Well here is my top 5, the rest doesn't really matter. But all the top 5 spots are extremely debatable as where to rank them.

1. Black Widow
  2. Melinda May
  3. Mockingbird
  4. Daredevil
  5. Grant Ward
robertloucksjr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Batroc should be in here. Normal human who made Cap break a sweat.

Avatar image for deactivated-5b57e3c01b199
deactivated-5b57e3c01b199

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Captain is the best Hand to Hand fighter. Winter Soldier being a close second.

Sachmoo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By Sachmoo

@robertloucksjr said:

Batroc should be in here. Normal human who made Cap break a sweat.

Made Cap break a sweat? He didn't come close to possessing a real threat to Cap.

As for the question, the answer is Someone else, its Steve.

Black Widow

Grant Ward

Mockingbird/Melinda May

Daredevil

Daisy Johnson

Hawkeye

Luke Cage

Jessica Jones

conner_wolf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Captain America seems to be the best H2H fighter in the MCU, but if by no powers you mean no Super Soldier Serum, then probably Black Widow.

TheOneWhoDoesSo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@conner_wolf said:

Captain America seems to be the best H2H fighter in the MCU, but if by no powers you mean no Super Soldier Serum, then probably Black Widow.

Yeah I left him out due to the fact if I take away his power, he literally is that scrawny kid again.

pateuvasiliu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Daredevil.

pipxeroth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Steve is by far the most skilled

killers10333

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Natasha is more super hero-like when she fights, so she would probably beat everyone besides cap, maybe stalemate ws..

Grant should be behind her, hes beaten everyone in aos, bobbi next, then may

buildhare

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

HeroUp2112

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Captain America, period. Someone said he's over rated. He's consistently UNDER rated. I'm with @pipxeroth

FatherChaos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Avatar image for purple_d_dragon
Purple_D_Dragon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Deadpool has some crazy moves though... But I am not sure he counts as part of the MCU.

rogueshadow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 rogueshadow  Moderator

Depends, there's Battle Forum logic, which is heavily predicated on feats and what would actually be the case in universe. In universe, de-powered Thor would probably beat the snot out of Ward, but by feats, Ward would win.

tparks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

Depends, there's Battle Forum logic, which is heavily predicated on feats and what would actually be the case in universe. In universe, de-powered Thor would probably beat the snot out of Ward, but by feats, Ward would win.

Take your common sense elsewhere. We don't take kindly to logic around here.

Spector_Rand

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@tparks said:
@rogueshadow said:

Yeah this haha.

From people here, probably Mockingbird or Black Widow.

rogueshadow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 rogueshadow  Moderator

@tparks said:
@rogueshadow said:

Yeah this haha.

From people here, probably Mockingbird or Black Widow.

I feel like May, Mockingbird & Ward are all written as being roughly equal to be honest. While Ward was on the backfoot during his fight with a tortured Bobbi, it's important to note that he was taken unawares then stabbed multiple times in the neck and had his head banged off a table from the get. Then, while she was going all out for the kill, Ward didn't want to kill her, as the whole point was to afford A33 closure, and him killing her would have defeated the entire purpose of having her there.

depinhom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 11

Captain America no contest

Spector_Rand

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rogueshadow: Yeah I agree with this sentiment, however I feel Mockingbird slightly edges it out.

Based on what we've seen, May is slightly above Ward, and Mockingbird is a little bit more above Ward. May and Mockingbird have had two fights, with Bobbi having the edge or completing her objective in both. Mockingbird has stomped 33, who gave May trouble, and has fought and beat a fair few superhumans.

I feel her resume is slightly more padded out than the others, giving her the edge.

rogueshadow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 rogueshadow  Moderator

@rogueshadow: Yeah I agree with this sentiment, however I feel Mockingbird slightly edges it out.

Based on what we've seen, May is slightly above Ward, and Mockingbird is a little bit more above Ward. May and Mockingbird have had two fights, with Bobbi having the edge or completing her objective in both. Mockingbird has stomped 33, who gave May trouble, and has fought and beat a fair few superhumans.

I feel her resume is slightly more padded out than the others, giving her the edge.

Fair assessment, good point on Bobbi's performance against A33 vs May's performance, however, I would still say May had that fight in the bag. I would note that May has also defeated Scarlotti, who is stated to have nearly killed Hawkeye (though we don't know the exact circumstances, I'd say they clearly wanted us to know that he is a high level combatant) and May has also taken on superhumans on a few occasions, she defeated Francis Noche who was bending steel bars like rubber, and also took and Eva Belyakov and Centipede soldiers. Ward also took on and defeated a Centipede soldier back in season one if memory serves.

Spector_Rand

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@spector_rand said:

Fair assessment, good point on Bobbi's performance against A33 vs May's performance, however, I would still say May had that fight in the bag. I would note that May has also defeated Scarlotti, who is stated to have nearly killed Hawkeye (though we don't know the exact circumstances, I'd say they clearly wanted us to know that he is a high level combatant) and May has also taken on superhumans on a few occasions, she defeated Francis Noche who was bending steel bars like rubber, and also took and Eva Belyakov and Centipede soldiers. Ward also took on and defeated a Centipede soldier back in season one if memory serves.

Yeah agreed May was controlling 33 when they fought, Mockingbird just seemed more impressive.

And yeah, the three all have comparable feats, I just think Bobbi's are the better of the three, if only by a small mount.

aftershafter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By aftershafter

Seriously, how does Jessica Jones even appear on a poll like this? Her skill basically consists of "push the guy with my super strength"... Widow or May, I think. I'll go with Widow.

Avatar image for deathstrokefan1626
DeathStrokeFan1626

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Mockingbird: may and widow are pretty close though, followed probably by grant.

newecho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Iron Fist,,, I am foreshadowing.... so when this thread gets bumped years from now,,, I will be the one whom correctly gave the right answer : P

rogueshadow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 rogueshadow  Moderator

@newecho said:

Iron Fist,,, I am foreshadowing.... so when this thread gets bumped years from now,,, I will be the one whom correctly gave the right answer : P

Lol, I was actually gonna say Iron Fist too. Iron Fist would slap these fools silly.

newecho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Paytience

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By Paytience

@ready_4_madness: No she doesn't Melinda May has higher martial arts score and Grant Ward has equaled her in overall combat marks. Romanov has the highest espionage scores...with Grant Ward being the highest since her. He is a better markman though.

Even if you took his powers away, Cap is still the best unarmed fighter in the MCU. He is followed by Bobbi Morse, Melinda May, and Black Widow...in no particular order, although I personally have Bobbi beating May and Widow. Ward is next on score by score basis, but I personally think he takes Widow...in an all out brawl where everything goes...I might pick him or Bobbi between the four. But straight unarmed is different. We were given pretty explicit statements about them relative to eachother, so given similar or comparable feats, I think it's a pretty good second measure.

Avatar image for thesilentripper
TheSilentRipper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

you should´ve taken out Jessica and Luke and put in Steve and Buck

lady_liberty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Cap would be the #1 MCU fighter with Bucky being #2. However as they are not options I would say Black Widow is the best on this poll, followed by Grant Ward, followed by Daredevil, followed by May.

That said I fully expect Daredevil to climb the rankings when season 2 comes out.

rogueshadow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By rogueshadow  Moderator

@ready_4_madness said:

@paytience: how can Cap be the most skilled unarmed, he only started training with S.H.I.E.L.D after the alien invasion.

He was implied to have an eidetic memory in TFA when he memorised enemy positions on a map with a glance. This may extend to his muscle memory and implicit memory, meaning he likely learns martial arts at a vastly accelerated rate.

mindleech

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Gotta go with DD

GerardDuke

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

rogueshadow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By rogueshadow  Moderator

@ready_4_madness said:

@rogueshadow: compare the distance between those two it's different to how close Superman and Batman are to each other. And blocking a grenade launcher is one thing, but catching it without struggling is a step above that.

Um... I'm going to guess that you have multiple windows open and sent this comment on the wrong window/thread.

mindleech

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

:

@ready_4_madness said:

@rogueshadow: compare the distance between those two it's different to how close Superman and Batman are to each other. And blocking a grenade launcher is one thing, but catching it without struggling is a step above that.

Um... I'm going to guess that you have multiple windows open and sent this comment on the wrong window/thread.

maybe he meant when cap blocked winter soldier's hit from grenade launcher

Avatar image for allhailskeletor
AllHailSkeletor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Just curious, is Blade not considered MCU? Because I would put him as number 1.

Spector_Rand

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Just curious, is Blade not considered MCU? Because I would put him as number 1.

Yeah he's not MCU, not made, produced or involved with Marvel Studios.