• 52 results
gmanfromheck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 472

User Lists: 2

Edited By gmanfromheck

It's that time of the week. Time to look at the latest edition of Best Battles in New Comics. Comics often feature big battles with superheroes fighting supervillains. Sometimes we even have superheroes fighting other superheroes. Get ready to cheer and possibly cringe at the brutal punches being thrown.

There will be some spoilers below (and some naughty words)!

No Caption Provided

TOKYO GHOST #1

(By Rick Remender, Sean Murphy, and Matt Hollingsworth)

In this future world, things are pretty messed up. People are addicted to tech and there are some that use it for extremely evil means. We see our lead characters Constable Led Dent and Debbie Decay trying to track down Davey Trauma. When Debbie is caught alone and outnumbered, Led makes quite an entrance.

No Caption Provided

At least that takes care of one thug.

This is followed by a glorious and gorgeous high speed chase. Unfortunately Trauma eventually turns the tables on them by shutting down Led's bike. They go flying off and as reinforcements arrive, Trauma hacks into them and takes over. Led does his best to protect Debbie.

No Caption Provided

Don't worry, he's okay. They're still outnumbered so Debbie has no choice but to turn the odds in their favor, even though there's a cost for Led to pay.

No Caption Provided

What happens next? You go out and buy the comic, if you haven't already. That's what.

ROBIN: SON OF BATMAN #4

(By Patrick Gleason, Mick Gray, and John Kalisz)

Damian Wayne has been trying to right some wrongs he committed before. This inadvertently led him to meeting the new Nobody, Morgan Ducard's daughter. When she took over her father's business, it turned out there was some unfinished business with Deathstroke. He's now come looking for Morgan and decides to take it out on Maya. Damian decided to jump into the fun.

No Caption Provided

We all know Damian is a good fighter. He's a really good and deadly fighter. But he's still just a kid. Even though he's spent his whole life training, Deathstroke still has more experience along with his other abilities.

No Caption Provided

Still, Damian is a lot smaller than the foes Deathstroke is used to. He's also very agile. And, of course, Damian is very persistent.

No Caption Provided

Sadly it's not enough and Deathstroke kills Damian.

Just kidding.

What happens next? Well, Damian is pretty smart in his own right. He does figure out a way to survive this encounter. But you'll have to buy the comic to see how.

SECRET SIX #6

(By Gail Simone, Tom Derenick, and Jason Wright)

The Secret Six have found themselves up against Riddler and his armed henchmen. Some members have already been knocked out. Just as he decides to start having some members killed, Strix moves into action and starts taking out Riddler's men.

No Caption Provided

Unfortunately, things turn back in Riddler's favor when a certain person mentions a detonator and a bunch of C-4 that would make "I.D.-ing the bodies a perfect nightmare for some poor forensics crew." Catman is left unable to do anything as they try to figure out how to get out of this mess. Riddler isn't going to simply wait around.

No Caption Provided

It's not over yet. There are still other members of the team that can move into action. It's too bad 'Big Shot' is heartbroken and tells them to leave while he deals with the mess and explosives. The team figures they need to get him out of there, even if means fighting him too.

No Caption Provided

The situation continues to get worse. Let's just say there's a pretty explosive ending and it's possible not everyone will survive.

No Caption Provided

What are your top three fights from this latest round of new comics? Support what you love and tell the world below. Also, don't forget to make nominations every week in this thread, especially if you feel we missed a great battle. If you're sad we missed one, speak up next week! You can even make suggestions via Twitter and use the hashtag #CVBattles.

lxlGiftedlxl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

The Robin fight was cool.

Outside_85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 39

#2  Edited By Outside_85

Just kidding.

Now why'd you go and get my hopes up like that? :)

DarthAznable

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

Catman's new suit looks awful.

Also this

Just kidding.

Now why'd you go and get my hopes up like that? :)

Hate Damian.

Avatar image for indomitableregal
IndomitableRegal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Damian "figuring out a way to survive" better imply that he was outclassed and needed to escape ASAP. I don't want another Son of Batman situation.

Outside_85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 39

#6  Edited By Outside_85

Still not as cool as the animated fight in TT Apprentice :)

Bat_Girl_CC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#7  Edited By Bat_Girl_CC

Damian toke a note out of Dick Grayson's play-book:

If anyone remembers this:

No Caption Provided

lol

Stellar421

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Stellar421  Online

I dig Damian, I do, but... there's no way in Hades he'd hold his own against Slade.

donmeca2020

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I love it how in deathstroke's own title he's battling gods and the undead, in Damian's book DS isn't man enough to take the kid robin..... really ???

nefarious

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

Damian vs Deathstroke is not a good fight at all. Deathstroke has beaten his father and can beat Captain America if they fought. Come on.

CalvinRod

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Damian gave more work to Deathstroke than Bruce. This is weird...

Kid_jakeriv

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Kid_jakeriv

I think everyone forgets that it's not just about who's stronger than who. Death stroke may have beaten batman (in the deathstroke ongoing they more of tied) but it really depends on the area and other factors. Damian was trained by ALL the masters of the League of Assasins and he knew the area well enough to use the environment against each deathstroke. That's why he gave deathstroke a hard time.

gmanfromheck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 472

User Lists: 2

@kid_jakeriv: And he's also small and agile. It's probably hard for Deathstroke to land a punch on the kid.

Avatar image for 51stpresidentofplanetneutral
51stPresidentofPlanetNeutral

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 9

Everyone's going "GAH HATE DAMIAN HOW CAN HE JOB DEATHSTROKE."

And I'm just sitting here reading Tokyo Ghost.

Mrnoital

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

MaxSchreck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

The Robin vs Deathstroke fight was very well handled if you ask me. Reminds me of how Damian handled Talon.

Besides Slade isn´t really beaten, except maybe through diplomacy.

Cenfull

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Ok so The title needs to be changed Damion Son of Batman is an entirely different comic than Robin Son of Batman

Bat_Girl_CC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@calvinr said:

Actually its true...not only that, but when DS and Batman fought, Slade wasn't at 100% he himself stated it on his thoughts, and even so and with Harley Quiin helping, Bruce "stallemated" Slade, because of Harley messing around and the fight wasn't even finished, both were OK just seconds/minutes after.

Damian did well 1-on-1, but he would lose, and he knew it, so he used his brain.

Avatar image for 51stpresidentofplanetneutral
51stPresidentofPlanetNeutral

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 9

@mrnoital: It's written by the same guy who wrote for volume one of Uncanny Avengers, Black Science, Punisher, All-New Captain America, and one of my all time favorite S.H.I.E.L.D. stories, Bitter March. Render's actually an amazing writer. I'd recommend anything he's written, but especially Black Science.

Mrnoital

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

modsbehating

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

that robin fight did look cool

justice teen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

Since when can Riddler fight?

waterbottle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I love it how in deathstroke's own title he's battling gods and the undead, in Damian's book DS isn't man enough to take the kid robin..... really ???

Well, you might want to consider that in his own titled book, he has a sword that is granting him superpowers and in this book he doesnt have that sword. So, yea, context helps.

waterbottle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By waterbottle

The fight between Damien and Slade went as expected. Damien used his agility, skill and brain to escape certain death at the hands of Deathstroke. He used his surroundings to help him since he knew the area and he blind sided Deathstroke at the start of it all. Then at the end, when he knew he would die if it continued, he used his brain again and just offered Slade 5 million dollars.

entropy_aegis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#25  Edited By entropy_aegis

Damian is boss.

Since when can Riddler fight?

He's just whacking Blake with his cane.

d9000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

That Son of Batman fight looks great. Especially after I just watched the Son of Batman movie. It's hauntingly similar and just as cool!

lxlGiftedlxl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@nefarious: Well Damian did use the environment and his brain to survive the fight and Deathstroke was the dominant one in the fight.

nefarious

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@nefarious: Well Damian did use the environment and his brain to survive the fight and Deathstroke was the dominant one in the fight.

He is quite agile for a kid, too. I like Damian but he shouldn't have lasted as long as he did. And yes DS was still dominant as he should be.

lxlGiftedlxl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

He is quite agile for a kid, too. I like Damian but he shouldn't have lasted as long as he did. And yes DS was still dominant as he should be.

True.

nefarious

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@nefarious said:

True.

I would still read the comic, though.

donmeca2020

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@waterbottle: explain how he took out a whole gang of characters in the previous story arc. His father, bronze tiger, quite a few ninjas all with the ease.there was no magical sword in that story arc.

I love how everyone always under estimates deathstroke.....

waterbottle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@waterbottle: explain how he took out a whole gang of characters in the previous story arc. His father, bronze tiger, quite a few ninjas all with the ease.there was no magical sword in that story arc.

He did it with speed, strength and tactics. Im not sure what your point is. If its that Damien didnt die immediately its for the reasons I already mentioned.

archerkid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Deathstroke managed to beat Batman in one of his books without the sword and he was adjusting to 2 eyes and a younger body.While Harley helped on the last hit Damian should be nothing.My point is,Damian is an overrated lil shit who people keep trying to pair with Deathstroke.

waterbottle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By waterbottle

@donmeca2020 said:

Deathstroke managed to beat Batman in one of his books without the sword and he was adjusting to 2 eyes and a younger body.While Harley helped on the last hit Damian should be nothing.My point is,Damian is an overrated lil shit who people keep trying to pair with Deathstroke.

Oh, so you have 2 accounts?

ComicBera

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By ComicBera

@d9000: Hah, you noticed that as well? I thought the movie was entertaining, but the book exceeded my expectations.

donmeca2020

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By donmeca2020

@waterbottle said:
@archerkid said:
@donmeca2020 said:

Why would i have 2 accounts? my whole point is in his own book (Deathstroke) he is taking on numerous people, and putting them down with the ease. hell he was even going at it with Batman and giving him a hard time, in his current series a few issues back. yet we get to this current Damian series, and they make deathstroke look like he's a pussycat..... common sense would tell you, if this guy is at a similar level fighting skill to batman and also supposedly in some stories of his origin strength compareable to say captain america, how in the hell is a youngster trained in combat able to take down someone on deathstroke's level? That's my whole point and i think it's ridiculous.

waterbottle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@waterbottle said:
@archerkid said:
@donmeca2020 said:

Why would i have 2 accounts? my whole point is in his own book (Deathstroke) he is taking on numerous people, and putting them down with the ease. hell he was even going at it with Batman and giving him a hard time, in his current series a few issues back. yet we get to this current Damian series, and they make deathstroke look like he's a pussycat..... common sense would tell you, if this guy is at a similar level fighting skill to batman and also supposedly in some stories of his origin strength compareable to say captain america, how in the hell is a youngster trained in combat able to take down someone on deathstroke's level? That's my whole point and i think it's ridiculous.

They didn't make Deathstroke look bad at all. Did you not read this issue? Damien sucker punched him and then started using the surroundings to stay alive because he knew the area well. Then at the end he knew he couldn't win even though the area was to his benefit and it was a 3 on 1 fight so he gave up and offered Slade money to let them live. i dont think you read this comicbook.

ComicStooge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

Kneel before the heir to the Bat-throne peasants.

d9000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

Keenko

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

donmeca2020

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

archerkid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@donmeca2020 said:
@waterbottle said:
@archerkid said:
@donmeca2020 said:

They didn't make Deathstroke look bad at all. Did you not read this issue? Damien sucker punched him and then started using the surroundings to stay alive because he knew the area well. Then at the end he knew he couldn't win even though the area was to his benefit and it was a 3 on 1 fight so he gave up and offered Slade money to let them live. i dont think you read this comicbook.

Wanna know what confuses me?Where does this all take place.In Deathstroke's book Bruce was Batman and Clark had his powers.In Damian's it looked like old Slade,but you have a point.Honestly,I just don't like Deathstroke's treatment by DC now.Son of Batman Bruce made him a literal punching bag and Damian beat him,In Arrow he lost to Oliver and Thea pretty easily,and I have little hope for Suicide Squad DS.RIP Deathstroke>=Batman.

Avatar image for originalalchemist
originalalchemist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@cenfull said:

Ok so The title needs to be changed Damion Son of Batman is an entirely different comic than Robin Son of Batman

I completely agree with this. I think it would be cool if Damian wore a darker suit to reflect being on his own. He could keep the "R", but if the suit was darker to show off his different status from We Are Robin then I think it would work better.

entropy_aegis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

@donmeca2020 said:

He didn't beat Batman and the reason he didn't have a sword is because Batman disarmed him, adjusting to two eyes and a younger body? HAHAHAHAHA.

Deathstroke has always been paired against a Robin, maybe you should stop holding on to that battered copy of Identity Crisis.

OrangeBat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@donmeca2020 said:

@waterbottle said:
@archerkid said:
@donmeca2020 said:

Deathstroke didn't beat Batman. They were pretty much stalemating with Slade sounding like a petty little kid because instead of going down like a sack of potatoes, Batman disarmed him, and was beating his ass. In fact, if you tally up all of the Batman vs. Deathstroke fights across comic history, Batman has a win advantage, despite what people would have you think.

DRDOOMSDAY390

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@nefarious: i may disagree with you, every since slade has been so what depowerd? it seems he been haveing problems as of late ((in fights)) and pretty sure batman has beaten him, one more thing captain america is good enough to take down deathstroke ((depends)), it seems you and fanboys are overhypeing him, face it slade is not as good like he use to be sorry just being honest here well im done here good day.

CalvinRod

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@calvinr said:

Actually its true...not only that, but when DS and Batman fought, Slade wasn't at 100% he himself stated it on his thoughts, and even so and with Harley Quiin helping, Bruce "stallemated" Slade, because of Harley messing around and the fight wasn't even finished, both were OK just seconds/minutes after.

Damian did well 1-on-1, but he would lose, and he knew it, so he used his brain.

Both were great fights. And before I forget ... Damian is a promising boy.

Avatar image for cow-lord-new-world-udder
COW-LORD-New-World-Udder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Deathstroke should beat Red Robin and Damien at once in a curp stomp.

donmeca2020

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@orangebat: he didn't beat batman in this current volume.... go back to his first volume if i recall correctly he did one time.