Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 4

#1  Edited By Lunacyde  Moderator

The Rules:

- All combatants ARE in character.

- Win by KO,Death, or Incapacitation.

- Though all combatants are in character, they do believe that whatever they care for most is on the line, so they are all very well motivated.

- Team Chemistry comes into play, but no one will downright refuse to fight together.

- Only gear listed is allowed.

- Combatants start at opposite sides of the arena, facing each other. (approx. 200 meters apart.)

- No one may leave the arena. There is a 100 foot flight ceiling.

- Assume all battles take place at twilight and afford neither waterbenders or firebenders any advantage.

- Avatars may only bend ONE element. This element must remain constant throughout the tournament and be chosen when teams are drafted.

-Avatars may not use the Avatar State in any form, or energy bend.

- Each team gets 30 minutes before each match to plan and strategize. The only information they will be provided is the names of their opponents and a picture to match. The only information they have otherwise on their opponents must come from in-show knowledge.

-All characters are going to be considered at their peak shown in the show.

- Due to lack of Waterbenders Kya will be included. Imagine her as a clone of Katara with the same exact feats. Basically debating for Kya should be exactly like debating for Katara.

The Arena:

The Ultimate Bending Championship Battles will take place in a Coliseum type arena pictured below. The entire field is made of Earth and has dimensions of approx. 200 meters x 100 meters. Things designated with blue are channels/pools of water, with platinum grates over them. (Like where Katara captures Azula.) Brown squares are pillars of rock (like where Aang first faces Combustion Man), and black squares are metal posts with cables hanging from them (sort of like power lines). The outer walls are black and are 50 feet tall and made of platinum.

Lunacyde

Mascot: Lion Turtles

Colors: Black and Orange

Members:

Wildcard: (Leader) Master Piandao - Hand Crafted Jian (Straight Sword)

Firebender: Zuko - Dual Dao Blades

Earthbender: Toph Beifong

Waterbender: Noatak

Non-Bender: June and Nyla - Whip

vs.

Iamlovewithin500

Mascot: Oasis Clan

Colors: Orange and White

Members:

Water: Hama

Earth: Haru

Fire: Jeong Jeong

Non-Bender: Jet and Longshot

Wildcard: Blue Spirit

GOOD LUCK!

Ferro Vida

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 5

#2  Edited By Ferro Vida

I love how both teams have that one member who completely throws off the chemistry

Avatar image for deranged_midget
Deranged Midget

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#3  Edited By Deranged Midget

Oh this shall be interesting.

Avatar image for iamlovewithin500
Iamlovewithin500

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#4  Edited By Iamlovewithin500
@Ferro Vida@Deranged Midget:  

My team shall reign victorious
greenteaforme

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By greenteaforme

Lunacyde's team wins easily based simply on having more (almost all) aces, where as the other team is compromised of B-listers. Jeong Jeong is incredibly powerful, but he won't be carrying his team against a team composed almost entirely of masters.

Iamlovewithin500

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Iamlovewithin500
@greenteaforme:  

Entirely of Masters? 

Was Zuko even stated to be a master yet? He was still learning from his uncle before they parted ways.When he was instructing Aang, he was only teaching him what Iroh taught him,but it was never officially confirmed that he was a master Firebender.  

Also Master Piando is made short work of by Jett,who had the better h2h and dueling feats. 
greenteaforme

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By greenteaforme

@Iamlovewithin500 said:

@greenteaforme: Entirely of Masters? Was Zuko even stated to be a master yet? He was still learning from his uncle before they parted ways.When he was instructing Aang, he was only teaching him what Iroh taught him,but it was never officially confirmed that he was a master Firebender. Also Master Piando is made short work of by Jett,who had the better h2h and dueling feats.

I'm assuming these are characters at the end of the series.

Your team is almost entirely B-listers. Sorry. Just because he has better dueling feats doesn't put him in the same league as a reputed master. Piandao simply didn't have the screen time to showcase any feats. I think most people would agree with me.

Iamlovewithin500

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Iamlovewithin500
@greenteaforme:  

Just because he has better dueling feats doesn't put him in the same league as a reputed master. Piandao simply didn't have the screen time to showcase any feats. I think most people would agree with me.

Well hey read the OP yourself

All Benders are in character.Besides that you're calling my team full of B listers and being biased saying that Luna's team is comprised of masters when that isn't true AT ALL

Master Piando didn't have any screen time because he was also a B lister 
Same goes for June and Nyla.

You basically just proved my point. Jett has better showings, and has more feats to pull from. 

Sorry

No need to apologize...
greenteaforme

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By greenteaforme

@Iamlovewithin500 said:

@greenteaforme:

Just because he has better dueling feats doesn't put him in the same league as a reputed master. Piandao simply didn't have the screen time to showcase any feats. I think most people would agree with me.

Well hey read the OP yourself

All Benders are in character.Besides that you're calling my team full of B listers and being biased saying that Luna's team is comprised of masters when that isn't true AT ALL.

Master Piando didn't have any screen time because he was also a B lister
Same goes for June and Nyla.

You basically just proved my point. Jett has better showings, and has more feats to pull from.

Sorry

No need to apologize...

Sorry, nope.

Your team loses.

And you're distorting what I meant by "B-lister". I meant in ability. Your team is lacking it ability, by a lot.

Is this going by votes? Because I'm voting for the other guy's team.

Iamlovewithin500

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Iamlovewithin500
@greenteaforme

Sorry, nope.

Your team loses.

And you're distorting what I meant by "B-lister". I meant in ability. Your team is lacking it ability, by a lot.

Then It is your fault because you should have been more "clearer" . 
I don't distort or twist words.I keep it 100 when I post. 

As far as I see it 

Luna has 
 two masters with one possible master 

Toph and Piando(masters) 
 Zuko(possibly,but not officially confirmed

I have no idea about  Noatak . 
MenaceForever2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By MenaceForever2

I thought this wasn't an open debate

Iamlovewithin500

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Iamlovewithin500
@menaceforever said:
I thought this wasn't an open debate
lol Sorry  
MenaceForever2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By MenaceForever2

So it is an open debate

greenteaforme

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By greenteaforme

@Iamlovewithin500 said:

@greenteaforme:

Sorry, nope.

Your team loses.

Then It is your fault because you should have been more "clearer" .
I don't distort or twist words.I keep it 100 when I post.

As far as I see it

Luna has
two masters with one possible master

Toph and Piando(masters)
Zuko(possibly,but not officially confirmed) I have no idea about Noatak .

A lot of the debate is based on speculation. You cannot used lack of feats as an excuse for, say, Jet beating Piandao when he has no business doing so (and I hope you realize that he actually wouldn't).

Noatak and his brother are, for all intents and purposes, both "master" level, despite having close to zero water bending feats from either of them.

Iamlovewithin500

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By Iamlovewithin500
@greenteaforme

A lot of the debate is based on speculation. You cannot used lack of feats as an excuse for, say, Jet beating Piandao when he has no business doing so (and I hope you realize that he actually wouldn't).

Noatak and his brother are, for all intents and purposes, both "master" level, despite having close to zero water bending feats from either of them

I need to catch up on the new series.So I'm behind there.

Okay so lack of feats,then what do we use for Piandao?  -__________- 

Jett has better showings and more feats,end of.  
Zuko as Blue spirit could probably give Piandao a run for his money.

I'm done though.
MenaceForever2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By MenaceForever2

Tarrlok had good feats being able to hold his own against the avatar but yeah for his brother he just bloodbended and showed no other fears

greenteaforme

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By greenteaforme

@Iamlovewithin500 said:

@greenteaforme:

Noatak and his brother are, for all intents and purposes, both "master" level, despite having close to zero water bending feats from either of them

I need to catch up on the new series.So I'm behind there. Okay so lack of feats,then what do we use for Piandao? -__________- Jett has better showings and more feats,end of. Zuko as Blue spirit could probably give Piandao a run for his money. I'm done though.

You need to speculate for most of these characters. Even Jeong Jeong showed really big and powerful fire bending, has no actual combat feats that are viable for this instance.

So, like I said, it's almost all a speculation battle based on their implied levels.

BMEZY

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By BMEZY

so I'm waiting to hear some cases...

Iamlovewithin500

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By Iamlovewithin500
@BMEZY said:

so I'm waiting to hear some cases...

Specify "cases" 

And guuuurl you so pretty (No homo >_>)
BMEZY

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By BMEZY

I just meant that I was waiting for each side to provide some sort of scenario of how they would win the fight..like how dane and fediwaffles have theirs lol

Iamlovewithin500

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By Iamlovewithin500

Well I was thinking that... 

Haru could handle June and Nyla .I personally see them as the biggest threat,since one lick could paralyze my whole team ...lol 
My second problem would definitely be Toph,but with Longshot sitting back playing sniper,I think he'd be able to one shot her while maybe Jeong Jeong serves as a distraction up close.

Blue Spirit could probably take down  Master Piandao by  himself. 

Jett would stalemate Zuko with his hooks swords avoiding devastating blows of fire until Jeong Jeong Is done serving as a distraction against Toph ,then from there he could handle Zuko's firebending while Jett gets the drop on him.They'd double team him

I still don't know much about  Noatak,but maybe Hama could take him. 

BTW Jett is my team leader. 
Lunacyde

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By Lunacyde  Moderator

@Iamlovewithin500 said:

@greenteaforme: Entirely of Masters? Was Zuko even stated to be a master yet? He was still learning from his uncle before they parted ways.When he was instructing Aang, he was only teaching him what Iroh taught him,but it was never officially confirmed that he was a master Firebender. Also Master Piando is made short work of by Jett,who had the better h2h and dueling feats.

Zuko became a master after facing the Dragons.

Master Piandao being defeated by Jet is entirely laughable.

I will go into further detail a little later. I have some stuff I have to do. Then i will post my argument.

greenteaforme

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By greenteaforme

@Lunacyde said:

@Iamlovewithin500 said:

I will go into further detail a little later. I have some stuff I have to do. Then i will post my argument.

Siding with you.

Lunacyde

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By Lunacyde  Moderator

Ok, First to clear a few things up.

Although Master Piandao had little screen time there is still a lot we know about him. He is the greatest swordsman in fire nation history, and considered the greatest swordsman in the world in Avatar. Yes that includes Jet and Zuko. He trained Zuko in the use of the dual dao blades, and Zuko was an even match for Jet in swordsmanship. Piandao fought in the army and won many battles, in fact he was never defeated. However he grew bored of war and disliked the ways of the fire nation military so he deserted to travel the world learning from warriors, benders, and artisans. After this he settled down in Shu Jing where the military came to arrest him for deserting. In a legendary battle he defeated 100 fire nation soldiers single-handedly and they left him in peace. He has trained countless swordsmen, but none surpassing his own skill. He is a lover of the arts and philosophy. The creators have stated that he would have defeated Sokka in less than a second if he was truly fighting him in that episode. In that episode we got a small taste of his ability as he was able to fight blind (even able to catch his scabbard on his sword while blind), outpace Sokka without Sokka even realizing he had passed him, and his brilliance for tactics was hinted at, as well as his strong powers of perception. He realized that Aang was the avatar and knew the whole time Sokka was water tribe (though the name gave it away). When they retake Ba Sing Se he is seen effortlessly defeating a number of fire nation soldiers in seconds.

Zuko became a firebending master after facing the dragons. He easily matched Azula in every firebending showing after that including the Agni Kai in the finale where he was soundly defeating her before she resorted to dirty tricks. She was breathing heavily and tired out while he was not fatigued at all. He was shown able to counter everything she could throw at him. He became the fourth most powerful firebender in the show behind his father, uncle and Jeong Jeong.

Toph is considered an Earthbending master, and easily the second best Earthbender in the show behind Bumi.

June doesn't get a lot of screen time but everytime we see her she is kicking butt. She defeats large men in arm wrestling, easily kicks them around in a bar fight (while not spilling her drink) and the Shirshu shows some bad ass feats of strength, as well as being fast, and capable of paralyzing opponents.

Noatak, although rarely shown waterbending is clearly on Master level. First of all he is shown effortlessly capable of creating a waterspout, a master level move only ever performed in the show by Avatars and Master Pakku. Secondly he is a prodigy who mastered psychic bloodbending at age 14. Bloodbending is done under a full moon for most because it requires more power and skill than regular waterbending, if he is that powerful of a bloodbender, it's a given that he is a very powerful water bender. Tarrlok said his skill far surpassed his own and he's never known any bender as strong as Noatak. Therefore waterbending feats used by Tarrlok can be assumed to be well within Noatak's ability to perform. All of this evidence points to master level.

Avatar image for redbird3rdboywonder
redbird3rdboywonder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I know this isnt an open debate much like how Dane said on his tournament but heres how i see it going Hama beats Noatok,Toph beats Haru, Jeong Jeong and Zuko have a good battle but Jeong Jeong probably takes it due to his expierence and him being a master and all but that battle could go either way if its 1 vs 1 i'd give it to Jeong Jeong but itl probably be 2 on 1 because im pretty sure Toph should be able to take care of Hama. Now after that Jet and Blue spirit/Zuko should be more than enough to handle Piando and they should be able to take Piando but Piando wont go down easily. Then there's the fact that I forgot to factor in June and Nyla into the battle because she really will be a wild card. I'd figure Long shot could possily distract June and Nyla but at the same time June and Nyla might take Longshot out before anything unless Bluespirit informs them of what June and Nyla. June and Nyla and Toph are really what will decide the tide of the battle

Iamlovewithin500

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By Iamlovewithin500
@Lunacyde

Although Master Piandao had little screen time there is still a lot we know about him. He is the greatest swordsman in fire nation history, and considered the greatest swordsman in the world in Avatar. Yes that includes Jet and Zuko. He trained Zuko in the use of the dual dao blades, and Zuko was an even match for Jet in swordsmanship. Piandao fought in the army and won many battles, in fact he was never defeated. However he grew bored of war and disliked the ways of the fire nation military so he deserted to travel the world learning from warriors, benders, and artisans. After this he settled down in Shu Jing where the military came to arrest him for deserting. In a legendary battle he defeated 100 fire nation soldiers single-handedly and they left him in peace. He has trained countless swordsmen, but none surpassing his own skill. He is a lover of the arts and philosophy. The creators have stated that he would have defeated Sokka in less than a second if he was truly fighting him in that episode. In that episode we got a small taste of his ability as he was able to fight blind (even able to catch his scabbard on his sword while blind), outpace Sokka without Sokka even realizing he had passed him, and his brilliance for tactics was hinted at, as well as his strong powers of perception. He realized that Aang was the avatar and knew the whole time Sokka was water tribe (though the name gave it away). When they retake Ba Sing Se he is seen effortlessly defeating a number of fire nation soldiers in seconds. 

No I don't remember him becoming a master.Neither of the Sun warriors stated that he was. He simply learned a new way to fuel his firebending without rage.When he leaned from the masters(Dragons) he basically learned a new stance and style/technique.Now the only thing we can do with Zuko is "assume" he was master level at his peak(end of series),but nothing was officially set in stone.He only taught Aang what little he knew because he was comfortable enough in his ability. 

I wouldn't say Jett defeating Piandao is "entirely" laughable" Yes Piandao had been said to accomplish great feats,but we've yet to see them,and most of those things happened in his travels of his younger days when he was a much more fit and younger person. Jett has youthfulness and agility over him.Yes I know that people in Avatar verse can live to be a 100+,and usually the older you get the more powerful you become(Bumi) .In a physical aspect Jett is seen to be more ,swift,agile and acrobatic, he could easily maneuver/avoid some of Piandao's devastating blows. 

I think he could keep up with Piandao long enough or at least serve as a distraction until someone else can come in and take him down.and knowing Piandao,he is wise and tricky, but puts on a tough front on the outside,but if he is fighting Jett and he knows that Jett is merely nothing but a boy,he'll probably toy with him like he did Sokka. By then It'll be too late, because Piandao will have underestimated him too much,and that gives my team the perfect time for a bender to come in and take him out while he's occupied with Jett. 

BTW Interesting,where did you get the information that he trained Zuko. Excuse me if I'm wrong, because It's been a while. I haven't watched all the episodes of Book 3 in months.  

Zuko became a firebending master after facing the dragons. He easily matched Azula in every firebending showing after that including the Agni Kai in the finale where he was soundly defeating her before she resorted to dirty tricks. She was breathing heavily and tired out while he was not fatigued at all. He was shown able to counter everything she could throw at him. He became the fourth most powerful firebender in the show behind his father, uncle and Jeong Jeong. 

Okay I'm still wavering on the subject of Zu Zu being a master Firebender,but I know he greatly improved in technique after meeting the Original masters.When Azula attacked the Western air temple,they fought pretty evenly on that Fire nation blimp, resulting in a stalemate blowing them both back. He deflected her blast easily while Sokka helped him during the Boling Rock. 

Though all that I bolded....Was not a fair comparison.Azula was not in great condition.She had snapped by the time of  the Agni Kai and her mental prowess had declined greatly.She was in no shape to really be fighting. Since Azula had a mental breakdown, she was very very off and sloppy.Zuko knew something was wrong,he could tell she was off,so he took advantage of that. 

Azula still resulted to cheap tricks though =P 
Though she was a better fighter than him.She was always more skilled,more vicious and ruthless and tactical. 

Toph is considered an Earthbending master, and easily the second best Earthbender in the show behind Bumi. 

Yeah I know Toph Is.She's the greatest Earthbender ever according to the creators of Avatar.She invented freaking metal bending!!!.Still as cheap as this may sound,longshot is still my ace. Longshot was never an up close fighter,so he sits back and snipes.I could imagine him taking Toph out while say one of my benders go back and fourth with 
 her,therefore occupying her attention. He has impeccable aim,and once he gets a good shot....She's down. Remember Toph can only sense physical movement(seeing with her feet),arrows moves swiftly through the air,so they would be undetectable.  

June doesn't get a lot of screen time but everytime we see her she is kicking butt. She defeats large men in arm wrestling, easily kicks them around in a bar fight (while not spilling her drink) and the Shirshu shows some bad ass feats of strength, as well as being fast, and capable of paralyzing opponents. 

Yeah but I'm sure Haru could make short work of her.He was a pretty good Earthbender,and even though he was really highlighted for one episode,we get to see more of his prowess during the invasion(he comes back with a beard...lol). He would Crush Nyla and Sink June underground with quicksand, similar to what fong did to Katara.  

Noatak, although rarely shown waterbending is clearly on Master level. First of all he is shown effortlessly capable of creating a waterspout, a master level move only ever performed in the show by Avatars and Master Pakku. Secondly he is a prodigy who mastered psychic bloodbending at age 14. Bloodbending is done under a full moon for most because it requires more power and skill than regular waterbending, if he is that powerful of a bloodbender, it's a given that he is a very powerful water bender. Tarrlok said his skill far surpassed his own and he's never known any bender as strong as Noatak. Therefore waterbending feats used by Tarrlok can be assumed to be well within Noatak's ability to perform. All of this evidence points to master level. 

Still haven't watched the new series.Only seen two episodes so far. Though by your description(which I trust).Hama could take him with ease. 
She's too badass.She's creative, cunning and deceptive.Not to mention feats that have been shown for her already are far superior to Noatak.She was arguably the most powerful and skilled Waterbender of her tribe,the last one left standing during the Fire Navy raids. 

So again I think Haru can handle June and Nyla,but now I change that Blue Spirit would stalemate Zuko(same person),  Jeong Jeong could solo Toph,but he toys with her while Long shot sits back and takes her down.Jett could handle Piandao, until Jeong Jeong shows up to blast him from behind,that is of course after he is finished playing around with Bei Fong. Hama Takes Noatak down.I definitely See Jett leading my team to victory.Even though he was so young,Jett lead a talented group of skilled young warriors and took refuge from Fire nation in the Treetops(who would ever think to look there?) He isn't a goody goody or twinkle toes(lol) he's willing to go the extra mile If that  is what it takes. 

Hama would be my second in command,She and Jett can relate; I think they'd work well together,They both went through traumatizing similar situations,and  they both spite the Fire nation as a whole, even Innocent people at times.
Lunacyde

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By Lunacyde  Moderator

I apologize. My girlfriend lives 3 hours away and has been in town so I haven't had a chance to be around.

Here's my strategy. Piandao is the team leader. He has the experience, tactical knowledge, and commanding presence that all can respect. Knowing his teams strengths and weaknesses and his opponents as well he would decide a defensive approach would be best. They would form a close triangle with their backs to the arena wall, allowing for much less flanking opportunity by their opponents. Toph would be in the back as she could feel everything happening on the arena floor and remotely bend out in front of her teammates. Noatak would be positioned in the front right next to the pool of water to take advantage of his waterbending abilities. Zuko would be in the font left to dissipate any oncoming fire attacks. Piandao would be in the center rear of the triangle calling out what he sees to his teammates and coordinating their responses as well as adding another level of defense for Toph. June and Nyla will immediately sprint to the far side of the arena and loop behind hopefully flanking their opponents and taking them down paralyzed, or creating enough distraction that they cannot properly coordinate attacks.

No Caption Provided

Haru is a weak link. While maintaining defensive integrity we would focus on him first. Toph could easily see all of his attacks coming and counter them effortlessly. We've never seen her lose to another Earthbender in the series and you can be sure she would make short work of Haru. From there the focus would shift to Hama. She is a very skilled bender, but she could not take Noatak. He is a waterbending prodigy who has shown the ability to use master level forms (like the waterspout which only avatar's and master pakku have ever been shown able to utilize). He is the most powerful bender Tarrlock has ever met. (This including people like Korra and Tenzin). He mastered psychic bloodbending at age 14. He has shown more talent and power at bloodbending than Hama ever did, and was even able to overcome the bloodbending of his brother Tarrlok who was a bloodbending master in his own right. Being in prime shape and a more powerful bender he should be able to defeat Hama in about the amount of time Katara originally did. Hama lost to Katara, then bloodbended Katara (which katara overcame stating she was more powerful) then bloodbended her friends to attack each other which Katara stopped. From there Jeong Jeong is the only true threat. Together the might of my three benders should be able to defeat him as he has few feats and prefers not to fight. From there the non-benders should have little chance against my powerful benders, especially if some of them are paralyzed.

MenaceForever2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By MenaceForever2

@Lunacyde: Welcome back

Iamlovewithin500

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By Iamlovewithin500

From there the focus would shift to Hama. She is a very skilled bender, but she could not take Noatak. He is a waterbending prodigy who has shown the ability to use master level forms (like the waterspout which only avatar's and master pakku have ever been shown able to utilize). He is the most powerful bender Tarrlock has ever met. (This including people like Korra and Tenzin). He mastered psychic bloodbending at age 14. He has shown more talent and power at bloodbending than Hama ever did, and was even able to overcome the bloodbending of his brother Tarrlok who was a bloodbending master in his own right. Being in prime shape and a more powerful bender he should be able to defeat Hama in about the amount of time Katara originally did. Hama lost to Katara, then bloodbended Katara (which katara overcame stating she was more powerful) then bloodbended her friends to attack each other which Katara stopped.

She's not just "A very skilled bender", she is a Waterbending Master,and even during her time as an old woman she was seemingly the only master left that had perfected the Southern style of Waterbending. Amon is a prodigy,and he shouldn't be taken lightly,but just because he was able to pull off something such as a  water spout....that really doesn't prove anything.Yes Pakku could do it too,  but usually only master level waterbenders can achieve this feat.I'm sure Hama could do it too if she were around a lot of  water,but unfortunately she was stuck in the Fire nation territory where she was limited.  

Amon is a more powerful bender,but Hama still has skill and she was powerful in her own right. Hey may be a bloodbending prodigy,but she invented the art herself.The only major problem I really see in him is his physic bending, because he needs little or no movement. Still we are assuming that he would naturally go for Hama first,which may not be true if he decides to go for other Benders or one of my people goes for him first. 

and honestly all that i'm bolding,I find it a bit unfair to compare.When Hama fought Katara she was toying with her at first,not really trying to fight, because if she really wanted to kill Katara, Hama could have did it right then and there. She was trying to push Katara into bloodbending. So really she won, because she got what she wanted.Also It might not be that Katara is a more powerful bender than Hama,you have to take into account the age gap.Hama probably had become weaker in her old age. (I bet she escaped again as soon as they"arrested" Hama, lol)

Though unlike some other benders she doesn't need to depend on a water pouch or body of water,she can pull water out of air and what not(So being near a pool or not probably wouldn't phase her,but it'd be easier to access).She's shown to think very creatively and resourcefully. Hama most likely has more experience with her powers since she is a bit older too. So honestly this fight could go either way In my opinion. 

They are both ruthless. 

Haru is a weak link. 

I can see that. He doesn't have much to pull from like the others,but he was okay.Basic Earthebender.

From there Jeong Jeong is the only true threat. Together the might of my three benders should be able to defeat him as he has few feats and prefers not to fight. From there the non-benders should have little chance against my powerful benders, especially if some of them are paralyzed. 

They could possibly destroy him together,but honestly Zuko is almost a non factor.Jeong Jeong would probably school him.Toph might get the drop on him,but if not... with Zuko being taken out with ease because his firebending prowess is no match for Jeong Jeong's ,that leaves your team open to being burned. Jeong Jeong is very wise and observant,yes he prefers not to fight,but if you saw the series finale when he was fighting with the rest of White Lotus,he was kicking butt. so he'll battle if he has to

Though I give you that, Toph could definitely beat him,but remember Jeong Jeong does study people,I wouldn't be surprised if he was able to catch on instantly to the fact that Toph is blind. 

BTW I think Jett/Blue Spirit could take June and Long shot could stand back and  arch while taking the huge mole rat (Nyla)out.  

Though good assement 

Your team definitely has a bit more raw power,but i believe I have some very skilled and tactical characters on my side that make up for it. I personally see it going either way. 
Endless possibilities. 

I apologize. My girlfriend lives 3 hours away and has been in town so I haven't had a chance to be around. 

No prob 

Good to have you back friend :)
MenaceForever2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By MenaceForever2

So are you done debating

Avatar image for vercingetorixthegreat
VercingetorixTheGreat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

My dude up here ^ solos

Iamlovewithin500

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By Iamlovewithin500
@menaceforever said:
So are you done debating
Not sure yet 
I'll wait on Luna since he made the thread and I already went. 

@VercingetorixTheGreat:  

^^^^^^^^ 

Gran gran Hama thinks different! 

>:)
Lunacyde

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By Lunacyde  Moderator
and honestly all that i'm bolding,I find it a bit unfair to compare.When Hama fought Katara she was toying with her at first,not really trying to fight, because if she really wanted to kill Katara, Hama could have did it right then and there. She was trying to push Katara into bloodbending. So really she won, because she got what she wanted.Also It might not be that Katara is a more powerful bender than Hama,you have to take into account the age gap.Hama probably had become weaker in her old age. (I bet she escaped again as soon as they"arrested" Hama, lol)

I didn't see that scene that way. Yes Hama was trying to teach Katara bloodbending, but I didn't get any kind of feeling she was holding back during the fight. Hama seemed to be exerting herself greatly during their fight and I doubt she could have killed Katara at all, unless she went for it immediately using bloodbending before Katara could overcome it. Katara clearly states that she is a more powerful bender than Hama and procedes to break her grip which surprises Hama.

Honestly Noatak's bloodbending feats are better than Hama's and though he is young his mastery of waterbending/bloodbending rivaled hers in my opinion.

They could possibly destroy him together,but honestly Zuko is almost a non factor.Jeong Jeong would probably school him.Toph might get the drop on him,but if not... with Zuko being taken out with ease because his firebending prowess is no match for Jeong Jeong's ,that leaves your team open to being burned. Jeong Jeong is very wise and observant,yes he prefers not to fight,but if you saw the series finale when he was fighting with the rest of White Lotus,he was kicking butt. so he'll battle if he has to.

Jeong Jeong is a master and superior to Zuko for sure. However I believe Zuko should be able to hold back Jeong Jeong long enough that the others can help bring him down. After all Zuko was able to easily dissipate all of Azula's attacks after facing the masters. Azula's characteristic blue fire is more intense than normal fire. Jeong Jeong is a damn good firebender, but he is not good enough to defeat this many powerful benders at once.

Good argument though. I respect your opinions, though I don't agree.

Lunacyde

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By Lunacyde  Moderator

@Iamlovewithin500 said:

@menaceforever said:
So are you done debating
Not sure yet
I'll wait on Luna since he made the thread and I already went.

@VercingetorixTheGreat:

^^^^^^^^ Gran gran Hama thinks different! >:)

Iamlovewithin500

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By Iamlovewithin500
@Lunacyde:  

didn't see that scene that way. Yes Hama was trying to teach Katara bloodbending, but I didn't get any kind of feeling she was holding back during the fight. Hama seemed to be exerting herself greatly during their fight and I doubt she could have killed Katara at all, unless she went for it immediately using bloodbending before Katara could overcome it. Katara clearly states that she is a more powerful bender than Hama and procedes to break her grip which surprises Hama.

Honestly Noatak's bloodbending feats are better than Hama's and though he is young his mastery of waterbending/bloodbending rivaled hers in my opinion.

Well after the scene when Hama finished going through her flashback and back story ,She tried to instill and stress to Katara how important it was to carry on the tradition.Katara refused and figured out Hama was the one making people disappear,so Hama started manipulating her telling her you should have leaned the technique while you had the chance. So at that point she could have really hurt Katara,but she didn't.  Katara mustered up strength to break free after being pulled and twisted around. 

Also this is how you know Hama wasn't a 100% serious. When Aang and Sokka showed up,Hama used their bodies as weapons to attack Katara,and then during the final   move Hama was going to let Sokka plunge into Aang head  on with his sword,but Katara stopped her. Hama was intentionally toying with her , lowering her into a trap so that she would learn bloodbending.Hama as a wise old woman most likely knew Katara wouldn't let her friends die,so she figured Katara would stop it. 

She even yelled " Don't hurt your friends Katara , and don't let them hurt each other!"  

Hama was testing her to see if she would have used the technique to stop it,and she did....Hama knew what she was doing all along.I don't think she would have let Aang and Sokka kill each other,she probably just wanted to give Katara reason to use it so she could learn the technique where she wanted to  or not. 

I agree that Katara is a more powerful bender,but I don't think Hama really went all out on her,and then there's the fact that Hama probably wasn't as good as she use to be in her younger days,so of course someone younger and fresher came along and was naturally more adept. 

Though out of all the Waterbenders of the first series 

Katara 
Pakku  
Hama  

are the most powerful.  

Good argument though. I respect your opinions, though I don't agree. 

You too :) . I personally see multiple outcomes from both sides. 
You ready to open the rest of thread for voting?   

@Lunacyde said:

@Iamlovewithin500 said:

@menaceforever said:
So are you done debating
Not sure yet
I'll wait on Luna since he made the thread and I already went.

@VercingetorixTheGreat:

^^^^^^^^ Gran gran Hama thinks different! >:)

LOL <3 

power-puff girls background. 

AND THE DAY IS SAVED,THANKS TO AMON!!! 

*cues badass theme music*
Lunacyde

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By Lunacyde  Moderator

@Iamlovewithin500:

Yeah, I'm just about as ready as I'll ever be lol. I think we argued our points out. No matter who wins it was a good debate and the winner will be a strong contender next round.

Iamlovewithin500

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By Iamlovewithin500
@Lunacyde: Agreed
Avatar image for vercingetorixthegreat
VercingetorixTheGreat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Iamlovewithin500: I think it goes Amon>Yakone>Katara>Tarrlok>Hama

Atleast bloodbending wise

overall waterbending i don't know we never got to see Amon Waterbend... Man I hope he is alive

Lunacyde

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By Lunacyde  Moderator

We are open for voting if anyone cares to cast a ballot.

Lunacyde

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By Lunacyde  Moderator

...and still not a vote....

MenaceForever2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By MenaceForever2

Iamlovewithin500 I'm sorry to say.......you must leave Hells Kitchen my vote goes to Luna

MenaceForever2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By MenaceForever2

bump

Avatar image for deactivated-607949e25bdb6
deactivated-607949e25bdb6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

If this is still running, I'll vote for Lunacyde.

MenaceForever2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By MenaceForever2

@Pwok21: It sort of is but everyone else forgot about it.