juiceboks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#51 juiceboks  Moderator

@juiceboks:

Doctor Light has also tried...and succeeded.

Also if we're talking new 52 didn't The Keepers from GLC vol 1 fearsome shrug off all the top-tier lanterns' attacks because they had a ton of willpower? That could apply here.

Quite frankly whether it be Feedback or Ult Way Big or any of the other hundreds of aliens, Hal would have to defeat every single freaking one due to Master Control switching Ben to a new alien

And I really don't see Hal doing that.

ESPECIALLY not when Ben can get prep from Azmuth who would probably be like 'see this screw? If you touch it you get a bajillion new aliens! Bye now!' Or something suitably ridiculous

When?

Scans of that? I honestly don't remember the specifics of the instance. That's never really stopped Hal from hurting other willful beings like Superman and other lanterns so that may just be PIS.

He would only have to K.O one..if Ben tires out then he collapses and reverts back to human form. His watch isn't a respawn count.

@rbt said:

@Juiceboks Feedback is pretty fast as well. A reason why 11 year old Ben used him for almost any circumstances and won.

Anyways that's one of the ways Ben can win. Way Big can beak Hal's constructs using his strength and speed. Big Chill can phase through his constructs and freeze him. XLR8 can pull out his ring before he can blink(If Batman can do it, XLR8 can as well, very easily). Water Hazard can dehydrate him. Echo Echo will very easily put down Hal seeing that his constructs are not sound proof. ...

Hal is pretty fast too. He can possibly just fly him to outer space or something along those lines.

I doubt Way Big is strong enough to break Hal's best constructs. Superman may have but that's Superman. Hal has actually dealt with intangible opponents and can turn intangible himself. XLR8 may be able to do that, if Hal didn't have any shields up. But if Ben gets time to switch to an Alien, then Hal should be able to put up a shield around himself. Besides, that would never happen in a battle setting anyway(not to mention the fact that they were standing literally right next to each other). I believe Hal has tagged Flash with an energy blast before so speed may not be too big a factor. If Ben goes Echo Echo then one energy blast will end him very fast. Actually..most of Ben's aliens wouldn't be able to tank a punch from Hal.

RBT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@juiceboks And Feedback won't do anything while Hal is flying him to space? He can transform in any alien that can survive space.

Superman didn't even try while breaking Hal's constructs. Way Big and Ult. Way Big can.

Show me a scan of New52 Hal stopping an intangible bring using his shield.

Hal doesn't always has his shield up. Most of the time when he's offensive, he doesn't has a shield up. Hal has no idea about XLR8 super speed. Before he can know what's happening, ring will be out of his hand.

Only problem is that there won't be one Echo Echo. He can make numerous copies of himself. After all only one sonic blast and Hal would be down. Water Hazard?

Avatar image for the_legendary_supersaiyan_hulk
The_Legendary_SuperSaiyan_Hulk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@juiceboks: I will admit that NRG get's absorbed then. However, I see the constructs of the Lantern Corps similar to Gwen's mana-constructs on how they work. And NRG without a suit has been shown to just absorb every type of energy that comes into contact with him.(Mana, nuclear, electric, ect..)

juiceboks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#54  Edited By juiceboks  Moderator

@rbt said:

@juiceboks And Feedback won't do anything while Hal is flying him to space? He can transform in any alien that can survive space.

Superman didn't even try while breaking Hal's constructs. Way Big and Ult. Way Big can.

Show me a scan of New52 Hal stopping an intangible bring using his shield.

Hal doesn't always has his shield up. Most of the time when he's offensive, he doesn't has a shield up. Hal has no idea about XLR8 super speed. Before he can know what's happening, ring will be out of his hand.

Only problem is that there won't be one Echo Echo. He can make numerous copies of himself. After all only one sonic blast and Hal would be down. Water Hazard?

Not if Hal is flying at near light speed. And if he isn't, well then Ben transforms and then we got another battle to debate on. And if the fight does get taken into space, Hal can open a wormhole and BFR Ben.

Hal's contructs can vary in strength. That was way back when he wasn't familiar with Superman's strength and most likely underestimated him. If he doesn't mess around, he can hold Way Big. He's held together an exploding star before with ease.

I don't have one, I don't think he's even fought an intangible enemy in the New 52. Feel free to prove me wrong though. John Stewart has captured Martian Manhunter before with a bubble for what that's worth.

Hal's dealt with speedsters before, he also boasts his own superspeed. Even if he does take away his ring, that doesn't make him powerless. Hal has shown the ability to remotely utilize his ring.

Then he blasts them all with an omni directional blast. One sonic blast is not gonna down Hal. He's survived nukes point blank with no shields. Water Hazard would most likely get one shotted with a punch or blast.

@the_legendary_supersaiyan_hulk Could he possibly absorb Hal's contructs? Possibly. But Hal has other ways to deal with him and pretty much all of Ben's aliens.

RBT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#55  Edited By RBT

@juiceboks Then we debate

If it gets taken into space. And what makes you think that Ben won't be able to come back? He has Jet Ray.

We're talking about Hal, not John.

I'm saying this again, Hal has no idea what powers Ben has. He has no idea that he can go intangible. That's gonna help Ben.

Not if XLR8 knocks him out before he can do anything.

Sonic cry is not nuclear blast. It hurts a specific part of body. Ear. Sonic cry had made Superman come down to his knees in past. Hal is not tanking that.

juiceboks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#56  Edited By juiceboks  Moderator

@rbt said:

@juiceboks Then we debate

If it gets taken into space. And what makes you think that Ben won't be able to come back? He has Jet Ray.

We're talking about Hal, not John.

I'm saying this again, Hal has no idea what powers Ben has. He has no idea that he can go intangible. That's gonna help Ben.

Not if XLR8 knocks him out before he can do anything.

Sonic cry is not nuclear blast. It hurts a specific part of body. Ear. Sonic cry had made Superman come down to his knees in past. Hal is not tanking that.

If he BFR's Ben then that constitutes a win. Even if it didn't, Ben would have no idea where Hal sent him if he ported him to the far reaches of the galaxy let alone how to get back to where they were.

They're powers are literally the same. The disparity comes in their skill and manner of fighting. If John can make a phase proof bubble, I don't see why Hal who has fought members of the Justice League and is more experienced than John can't do the same.

If he sees Big Chill go intangible(which he will, it's not like he's never seen anyone do that before) he can defend against it.

Hal's taken hits from Superman level characters and survived nukes. XLR8 is not gonna knock him out even with auto shields.

No Caption Provided

He can also do this which shouldn't be out of Hal's capability.

No Caption Provided

Nukes generate sound(deafening sound even depending on the intensity). Superman has superhearing and is more sensitive to high pitch sounds than Hal. Over and above this, he's been able to shield himself from Sonar before so Echo Echo shouldn't be that difficult to handle.

Avatar image for thedarklordpandamonium
Thedarklordpandamonium

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@juiceboks:

Lolwhat

If just throwing them into space constitutes a win Ben can very easily just go Ult. Way Big and lift Hal into space

gg I guess it's BFR

Avatar image for ancient_0f_days
Ancient_0f_Days

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@juiceboks:

Lolwhat

If just throwing them into space constitutes a win Ben can very easily just go Ult. Way Big and lift Hal into space

gg I guess it's BFR

intangibility? teleportation? super speed? I guess Hal forgot his powers again...

juiceboks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59 juiceboks  Moderator

@thedarklordpandamonium Ult. Way Big is just a bigger target for Hal to put a hole through(or K.O with a blast if that's too brutal).

Thedarklordpandamonium

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ancient_0f_days: @juiceboks

I was just pointing out the idiocy of considering throwing someone into orbit when they can get back and/or fight in space a win by BFR.

Pharoh_Atem

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

Hal Jordan curbstomps

Ancient_0f_Days

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Thedarklordpandamonium

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Avatar image for petey_is_spidey
Petey_is_Spidey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

Cooldes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Ben wins via feedbacks energy drain

Ancient_0f_Days

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#66  Edited By Ancient_0f_Days  Online

That's the point

Both Ben and Hal can get back onto earth incredibly easily

I have never seen Ben in all his career teleport through hyperspace on his own power, Ben cannot escape BFR and your methods of "HOW" he can do so are more than vague ....

juiceboks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#67 juiceboks  Moderator

I was just pointing out the idiocy of considering throwing someone into orbit when they can get back and/or fight in space a win by BFR.

I was actually thinking of BFRing Ben while he's an alien(Feedback) that requires air to breathe or wouldn't be able to survive one second in the harsh environment. Obviously sending Ult Way Big into space would be useless.

juiceboks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#68 juiceboks  Moderator

@cooldes said:

Ben wins via feedbacks energy drain

Already shown why that wouldn't work.

Thedarklordpandamonium

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thedarklordpandamonium said:

That's the point

I have never seen Ben in all his career teleport through hyperspace on his own power, Ben cannot escape BFR and your methods of "HOW" he can do so are more than vague ....

...wait, so you're saying Ben 10, if thrown into space by Hal with the Master Control on, wouldn't be able to get back onto earth?

I was actually thinking of BFRing Ben while he's an alien(Feedback) that requires air to breathe or wouldn't be able to survive one second in the harsh environment. Obviously sending Ult Way Big into space would be useless.

Uh...master control? If the alien dies it would be switched out.

Ancient_0f_Days

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#70  Edited By Ancient_0f_Days  Online

...wait, so you're saying Ben 10, if thrown into space by Hal with the Master Control on, wouldn't be able to get back onto earth?

Or are you proposing he somehow can? If so, I'd like to read it and see some proof...

Cream_God

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#71  Edited By Cream_God

I say Hal, it takes Ben forever to turn into a alien...and it usually just a minute of rotating camera angles, then a fireworks display followed by a musical number....

juiceboks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#72 juiceboks  Moderator

@ancient_0f_days said:

That's the point

@juiceboks said:

Uh...master control? If the alien dies it would be switched out.

That's literally only happened once because Petrosapiens are so closely related to Crystalsapiens. If Ben goes unconsciousness due to lack of oxygen, then that's it for him.

Thedarklordpandamonium

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Ancient_0f_Days

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thedarklordpandamonium: even so, he'd have to know which direction to go in in order to get back...it's not like if he just goes in a random direction after getting warped to god knows where, he's going to know where he is and the way to get back ... unless you can also prove he knows his way back to earth from lets say Oa, or that he can triangulate his position from anywhere ....

Thedarklordpandamonium

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@juiceboks:

...what?

When Ben dies as an alien the omnitrix switches him out into the closest related alien. It was in Alien Force, Chromastone->Diamondhead. Not because they're closely related; Chromastone was dead so the ultimatrix switched Ben into Diamondhead and the Omnitrix can as well.

Also...any species that can't breath in space would die instantly from the vacuum. You know that, right?

Thedarklordpandamonium

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thedarklordpandamonium: even so, he'd have to know which direction to go in in order to get back...it's not like if he just goes in a random direction after getting warped to god knows where, he's going to know where he is and the way to get back ... unless you can also prove he knows his way back to earth from lets say Oa, or that he can triangulate his position from anywhere ....

It's not like Jetray could have possibly known where Baz-El was either...

Ancient_0f_Days

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thedarklordpandamonium: he followed the general direction Baz-El went into....that was warp speed travel, Hal opens worm holes ....

juiceboks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#78 juiceboks  Moderator

@juiceboks:

...what?

When Ben dies as an alien the omnitrix switches him out into the closest related alien. It was in Alien Force, Chromastone->Diamondhead. Not because they're closely related; Chromastone was dead so the ultimatrix switched Ben into Diamondhead and the Omnitrix can as well.

Also...any species that can't breath in space would die instantly from the vacuum. You know that, right?

Yea, it switched to Diamondhead because they're closely related. What alien is closely related to a Conductoid? Also, just because the Ultimatrix has that function(which would still constitute a win since he technically died), doesn't mean the Omnitrix has the same failsafe. Seeing as it has a timeout stipulation which would kinda go against the fact that Ben has a finite amount of time as an alien, I don't think it's safe to assume it does.

Would they die? Yea probably. Instantly? Who knows, I'm no expert on Conductoid anatomy.

Thedarklordpandamonium

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thedarklordpandamonium: he followed the general direction Baz-El went into....that was warp speed travel, Hal opens worm holes ....

You're ignoring the whole 'Omnitrix has a homing function' thing.

Yea, it switched to Diamondhead because they're closely related. What alien is closely related to a Conductoid? Also, just because the Ultimatrix has that function(which would still constitute a win since he technically died), doesn't mean the Omnitrix has the same failsafe. Seeing as it has a timeout stipulation which would kinda go against the fact that Ben has a finite amount of time as an alien, I don't think it's safe to assume it does.

Would they die? Yea probably. Instantly? Who knows, I'm no expert on Conductoid anatomy.

http://ben10.wikia.com/wiki/Category:Electrical_Aliens

Actually, sorry, the original prototype Omnitrix had that function. And the Ultimatrix/real Omnitrix were supposed to be flat-out better.

Also, considering the death of 1 alien as the death of Ben himself would be like considering the death of one of Hal's constructs the death of Hal himself.

Additionally...Eon? Clockwork? Would time manip work?

Pharoh_Atem

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#80  Edited By Pharoh_Atem

@thedarklordpandamonium: Eh.... Hal can manipulate time to a degree with his ring as well so I don't know if Eon's or Clockwork would work (on my android right now so I can't post scans)

RBT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Eon can stop time for everybody but the one he wants. He can freeze Hal in time.

Thedarklordpandamonium

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thedarklordpandamonium: Eh.... Hal can manipulate time to a degree with his ring as well so I don't know if Eon's or Clockwork would work (on my android right now so I can't post scans)

Not in the New 52.

Though admittedly Hal has been screwing around with the Black Lanterns for a while and there's no real reason for him to be depowered after getting his original ring back in Volume 2, sooo...hmmm.

Pharoh_Atem

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thedarklordpandamonium: But the thing is though New 52 Hal history,like Batman's, has not changed much. If his history is still intact pre New 52 feats should still be usable. But meh whatever.

Ancient_0f_Days

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ancient_0f_days said:

Home function? The one Azmuth used to find Ben? Really? You're using that? C'mon man?

Thedarklordpandamonium

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ancient_0f_days:

It has maps too, of basically the entire universe.

@thedarklordpandamonium: But the thing is though New 52 Hal history,like Batman's, has not changed much. If his history is still intact pre New 52 feats should still be usable. But meh whatever.

Ye but Hal's ring is from Sinestro's ring.

Despite the control process being changed by the Indigos, Hal's ring would still be inferior to the original.

I can't remember for the life of me if Hal took Sinestro's ring, thus giving him an actual GL ring instead of a construct GL ring.

Pharoh_Atem

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rbt: Hal has been able to escpae from a time warp before IIRC, he has also been able to slow time down to a fraction of a nanosecond.

juiceboks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#87 juiceboks  Moderator

@ancient_0f_days said:

@juiceboks said:

http://ben10.wikia.com/wiki/Category:Electrical_Aliens

Actually, sorry, the original prototype Omnitrix had that function. And the Ultimatrix/real Omnitrix were supposed to be flat-out better.

Also, considering the death of 1 alien as the death of Ben himself would be like considering the death of one of Hal's constructs the death of Hal himself.

Additionally...Eon? Clockwork? Would time manip work?

I don't think a similar powerset is enough to assume a close relation to another species(especially considering Petrosapiens and Crystalsapiens have completely different powers and are more so related by anatomy and cultural history).

Any proof of that? Not saying you're wrong, it's just that that's only been shown to happen with the Ultimatrix.

Not really, Hal's contructs are an extension of himself and have no sentience. If Ben is hurt or K.Oed in alien form then the same happens to him in human form(like when he got his arm broken).

Clockwork is laughably slow and would get one shotted. Eon is a time traveling villain. I think it may have been retconned but Hal has time travelled before.

Thedarklordpandamonium

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rbt: Hal has been able to escpae from a time warp before IIRC, he has also been able to slow time down to a fraction of a nanosecond.

That was SA Jordan. Regular, un-amped Jordan hasn't done that in pre-52. I just checked everything after Yellow rings were introduced up until the end of Volume 2 of the new 52, no time warps.

Thedarklordpandamonium

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I don't think a similar powerset is enough to assume a close relation to another species(especially considering Petrosapiens and Crystalsapiens have completely different powers and are more so related by anatomy and cultural history).

Any proof of that? Not saying you're wrong, it's just that that's only been shown to happen with the Ultimatrix.

Not really, Hal's contructs are an extension of himself and have no sentience. If Ben is hurt or K.Oed in alien form then the same happens to him in human form(like when he got his arm broken).

Clockwork is laughably slow and would get one shotted. Eon is a time traveling villain. I think it may have been retconned but Hal has time travelled before.

I mean...*shrug* the function itself is that the prototype Omnitrix would change to the closest related alien. IDK what that is, but there obviously has to be one lol.

Also, it was in Alien Force, which was still with the prototype Omnitrix. The Ultimatrix was specifically better; the real Omnitrix lost the evolution feature iirc b/c Azmuth was like 'issa too dangerous!' but with 1 hour of prep Ben can easily be like 'yo Azmuth come fix up my Omnitrix so it has this function'. He doesn't have morals, after all.

Well obviously when he died in Alien form he didn't die as a human. I mean, he came back.

Clockwork is laughably slow lol. Also Ben got Eon as part of his powerset. And it was retconned, un-amped Hal hasn't done that after SA.

Pharoh_Atem

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thedarklordpandamonium: That is why I said IIRC because I was not sure.... Regardless Hal has been able to slow time down to within a nanosecond.

lol What did you check again?

Thedarklordpandamonium

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thedarklordpandamonium: That is why I said IIRC because I was not sure.... Regardless Hal has been able to slow time down to within a nanosecond.

lol What did you check again?

So I'm not that into Hal himself so I only started after the yellow lantern corps were introduced other than Parallax

So I flipped through:

-Zero Hour

-Final Night

-Sinestro Corps War

-Rage of the Red Lanterns

-Agent Orange

-Blackest Night

-Brightest Day

-Krona's shenanigans

-New 52 Volume 1 Sinestro

-New 52 Volume 2 Revenge of Black Hand

-New 52 Volume 3 The End

aaaaand no escaping from time warps.

Pharoh_Atem

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#92  Edited By Pharoh_Atem

@thedarklordpandamonium: Hal has appeared in wayyy more then that pre new 52 lol. Regardless your right Hal has not escaped time waprs during the pre New 52 or post, but has has shown time manipulation, too, at least, a small degree (although he seldoms uses this ability).

ximpossibrux

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Ben 10 wank strikes again, Hal Jordan stomps.

Thedarklordpandamonium

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thedarklordpandamonium: Hal has appeared in wayyy more then that pre new 52 lol. Regardless your right Hal has not escaped time waprs during the pre New 52 or post, but has has shown time manipulation, too, at least, a small degree (although he seldoms uses this ability).

lol yeah I know

But those are his most interesting appearances with the toughest opponents and he didn't use them

And he is in character this time, soooo

Avatar image for thevoiceofreason
TheVoiceOfReason

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Hal

No_Trolling

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I thought that hal would easily win here and wondered what all the debating was about, then I read the op again and saw that ben had master control. This battle is easily in Bens favor.

RBT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

So, you saying that someone who's been able to slow down time by a fraction of NANOsecond can outmatch someone who's almost complete control over time and dimension? I don't think so. Anyways, that was Pre 52. New 52 has never done that. So, your argument is invalid.

Also, no one posted a scan of him trapping a intangible being in his shield. Unless you do, Big Chill easily wins. And how will he survive Water Hazard dehydrating him. Hal can't one shot him as well, seeing that he's almost invulnerable(said by Aggregor).

Pharoh_Atem

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rbt: As always in these Ben 10 threads your reaching.

1. As stated before, Hal history has not changed much at all (if any) in the New 52, so his feats should still be intact @Thedarklordpandamonium: So did Hal take Sinestro's ring or what? If he did his pre New 52 feats count if not, I admit he loses here. As for him not stopping time, that is why I brung up escaping a time warp but since he never did it Post crisis I guess Eon could be a probable win.

2. How is Big Chill supposed to work? Hal can control tempature with his ring and Hal can also turn intangible, not to mention a GL has been able to capture and energy being which is basicly intangible.

3. What is Wataerhazard going to do? Hal's ring will protect him from dehydration (seeing as how the ring replenishes Green Lanterns so they don't have to drink,sleep, breath or eat during space travel) and on top of that how is he supposed to do that when Hal has his auto shields on? Also just because Aggregor says it's invulnerable that still does not mean it's Superman level either. Both He-Man and She-Ra are stated to be "Invurnarable" and they both have been defeated and hurt from ray guns on multiple occasions. So I'm going to need to see some durability feats, not a statement.

Thedarklordpandamonium

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dccomicsrule2011:

Nope, Hal didn't take Sinestro's ring, just looked through The End, he's still using the inferior construct ring. That explains it.

And yeah he hasn't escaped a time warp against his most memorable opponents and in the most serious situations, soooo yeah Eon could be a win.

dondave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dccomicsrule2011:

Nope, Hal didn't take Sinestro's ring, just looked through The End, he's still using the inferior construct ring. That explains it.

And yeah he hasn't escaped a time warp against his most memorable opponents and in the most serious situations, soooo yeah Eon could be a win.

Hal has his own ring