• 97 results
vengefulshot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By vengefulshot

Bellatrix Lestrange will take on a gauntlet of high tier benders from ATLA and TLOK.

No Caption Provided

No Caption Provided

Conditions:

All are morals off.

Starting distance of 30 ft.

Time is perpetual twilight.

Basic knowledge.

Win by death or incap.

Standard gear.

Current versions.

Movie and Book feats for Bellatrix.

Comic feats allowed for Avatar characters.

Round 1: Toph

Round 2: Katara

Round 3: Uncle Iroh

Round 4: King Bumi

Round 5: Azula (Sozins comet enhanced)

Round 6: Ozai (Sozins comet enhanced)

Round 7: Aang (all elements, no AS)

Round 8: Korra (all elements, AS allowed)

How far does she get?

AngelJax

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By AngelJax

Bellatrix can honestly clear

Amendment50

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

vengefulshot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@angeljax said:

Bellatrix can honestly clear

lol, very different opinions here. Reasons?

RBT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I don't see her getting past 1. Rocks would provide a perfect defence for most of the spells.

Avatar image for deactivated-6241fa3a1cff5
deactivated-6241fa3a1cff5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rbt: Bellatrix can still react faster before Toph does anything. She doesn't usually job against opponents she doesn't know.

AngelJax

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@vengefulshot: Avada Kedavra combined with teleportation/dissipation spells make Bellatrix a hard opponent to counter. Besides, I think the Benders would be too caught off guard by the hax magic.

RBT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@llehdevil: How? Her spells aren't instantaneous. They require a certain hand movement. Just like Toph. Only Toph has a perfect way to block her attacks while Bellatrix doesn't. Toph can attack her from any direction.

Apparation won't work either seeing how good Toph's senses are.

vengefulshot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rbt: As another user said flight and apparation could prove troublesome for the benders. Bombarda, confringo and other explosive spells have shown the ability to blast up rock. Fiendfyre could be very effective too.

vengefulshot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@angeljax: They have basic knowledge on Bella so they shouldn't be too caught off guard.

MetalJimmor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By MetalJimmor

Depends. If Bellatrix fights the way HP wizards tend to fight she could lose against Toph. If she opens with a mass unavoidable immobilize spell or something she clears.

RBT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@vengefulshot: Apparation would do nothing against Toph who can sense an ant crawling hundreds of meters away from her. If anything, it'll put Bella in a flase sense of security.

Flying is not something Bella was capable of doing( I mean levitation).

Spells like bombarada can sure shatter the rocks, but then what? Toph can always recreate them. She will have an endless supply. Not to mention she is bloodlusted. She won't be defensive here. She will be going for kill. How would Bella stop a ton weighing rock flying at her at enormous speed? How will she protect her from falling when the very ground she is standing on crumbles? Or engulfs her? There are just waybtoo many ways for Toph to win this and not nearly enough for Bella to even stand a chance.

vengefulshot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rbt:

Apparation would do nothing against Toph who can sense an ant crawling hundreds of meters away from her

She sensed the ant via her seismic sense which apparition obviously does not care about.

Flying is not something Bella was capable of doing( I mean levitation).

Death eaters and aurors all showed the ability to fly during the movies. Bellatrix straight up fly's through the Burrow destroying it.

Spells like bombarada can sure shatter the rocks, but then what? Toph can always recreate them

And Bellatrix can't just spam bombarda and confringo? What if she sends two confringo curses Tophs way? One to shatter the wall the other for Toph herself.

How would Bella stop a ton weighing rock flying at her at enormous speed? How will she protect her from falling when the very ground she is standing on crumbles? Or engulfs her?

uhm.. apparate out of the way?

enough for Bella to even stand a chance.

I think you're getting carried away. If Toph wins it most certainly isn't the stomp you're implying.

cpt_nice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Might pass 1 only because of Toph being blind and she might still stop there because rocks can block anything Bellatrix throws at her.

Hard stop at 2. Katara can easily react to spells and just bury her in ice.

vengefulshot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@cpt_nice: Think fiendfyre will give Katara problems?

wbr17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Don't care for HP.

rogueshadow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By rogueshadow  Moderator

Honestly, I can see one ending like this if Bellatrix doesn't get into the air fast enough:

No Caption Provided

She stops at 1 regardless though.

Avatar image for americanspeeddemon
americanspeeddemon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

Stops at 1

anthp2000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By anthp2000  Moderator

Um, no... Toph stands no chance for a majority.

She stops hard at 4 but the ones before are kind of a cakewalk not counting Katara who would be a good match. Bumi can't do much to her either.

anthp2000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 anthp2000  Moderator

@cpt_nice: Couldn't she just apparate out of the ice?

anthp2000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 anthp2000  Moderator

@amendment50: @americanspeeddemon: @rbt: @rogueshadow: There's not a way Toph can win this one guys. She is not beating a flying witch that twleports around and throws a variety of spells capable of blasting through her defences and kill her.

Avatar image for americanspeeddemon
americanspeeddemon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

@anthp2000: Toph can just one shot her and avatar verse typically has higher averages of speed than HP. Not to mention her spells can mostly be blocked by earth walls. It mostly depends on who strikes first but i think Toph has higher DC, speed and durability by scaling.

rogueshadow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By rogueshadow  Moderator

@anthp2000: I disagree, she's bags faster than Lestrange and none of her spells are fast enough that Toph can't block them quite easily with three feet of neverending stone, and she's already shown she can tag and sense far faster beings in the air now, namely Aang:

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

anthp2000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By anthp2000  Moderator

@rogueshadow: And Toph has no attacks that Lestrange cannot block or evade easily. If you think Aang standing on top of a tornado or Appa flying are even close to a Death Eater's flying speed you're simply incorrect.

@americanspeeddemon: Bellatrix can apparate out of Toph's way. Earthbenders using traditional style of bending have big slow attacks that she can easily work around. Bellatrix is the one that can one shot. Toph's rocks cannot get past shield charms. People that are fodder compared to Bellatrix have blocked things with more force. Her quick attacks are not powerful enough and her big attacks are not fast enough. On the contrary, concussive spells would break through Toph's defences. We know concussive firebending has broken through earthbending many times before. And Bellatrix isn't slow. She is a certificed arrow timer in battle.

rogueshadow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 rogueshadow  Moderator

@rogueshadow: And Toph has no attacks that Lestrange cannot block or evade easily. If you think Aang standing on top of a tornado or Appa flying are even close to a Death Eater's flying speed you're simply incorrect.

Toph's reaction speeds dwarf Bellatrix's, there is no comparison, and there are plenty of attacks that Toph can dish out that are too powerful for Lestrange to block, the same cannot be said for Bellatrix; Toph's power output is far higher. Bellatrix isn't anywhere close to Aang's speed -- and I am referring to reaction speeds here -- yet Toph tagged him. I don't think we have any idea how fast Bellatrix flies. And let's not forget that Bellatrix is completely reliant on her wand.

Avatar image for blackpantherisb
blackpantherisb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

Avatar image for deactivated-5a84a212043e5
deactivated-5a84a212043e5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I see no reason she cannot torture curse everyone here. Its instant, and no one has a defense against it.

cpt_nice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By cpt_nice

@vengefulshot: Dunno if she would use it. Fiendfyre is as dangerous for her as it is for Katara.

cpt_nice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@anthp2000: Apparating is tricky at the best of times. While literally being in a chunk of ice? Unlikely.

Also, morals off, Katara traps her in ice, bends the inner area into spikes and rips her apart.

cpt_nice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sergeant-rl3: It can be dodged. Harry did it in book 4, after being fatigued and previously hit by Crucio

"You won't say no? Harry, obedience is a virtue I need to teach you before you die....Perhaps another little dose of pain?"

Voldemort raised his wand, but this time Harry was ready; with the reflexes born of his Quidditch training, he flung himself sideways onto the ground; he rolled behind the marble headstone of Voldemort's father, and he heard it crack as the curse missed him."

Avatar image for deactivated-5a84a212043e5
deactivated-5a84a212043e5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@cpt_nice said:

@sergeant-rl3: It can be dodged. Harry did it in book 4, after being fatigued and previously hit by Crucio

"You won't say no? Harry, obedience is a virtue I need to teach you before you die....Perhaps another little dose of pain?"

Voldemort raised his wand, but this time Harry was ready; with the reflexes born of his Quidditch training, he flung himself sideways onto the ground; he rolled behind the marble headstone of Voldemort's father, and he heard it crack as the curse missed him."

Niiiiice quite, I stand corrected

silentbat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Um, no... Toph stands no chance for a majority.

She stops hard at 4 but the ones before are kind of a cakewalk not counting Katara who would be a good match. Bumi can't do much to her either.

I was even thinking 3. Don't think she can deal with that sort of scale.

RBT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By RBT

@vengefulshot:

She sensed the ant via her seismic sense which apparition obviously does not care about.

It surely does. Bellatrix will have to land somewhere after apparating. The moment she does, Toph would know. And worst of all, Bellatrix won't expect her to know her location and that false sense of security might get her killed.

Death eaters and aurors all showed the ability to fly during the movies. Bellatrix straight up fly's through the Burrow destroying it.

Oh you're talking about movies. Well, in books only Voldemort could fly. In the movies, Bella wasn't flying. She was apparating, kind of. Anyway, they can't do magic or at least with pinpoint accuracy when in that state anyway.

And Bellatrix can't just spam bombarda and confringo? What if she sends two confringo curses Tophs way? One to shatter the wall the other for Toph herself.

And you're assuming that Toph is just going to stand there. Toph is a very aggressive fighter. She is not going to wait for Bellatrix to attack first.

uhm.. apparate out of the way?

And then land somewhere giving out her position almost instantly to Toph.

I think you're getting carried away. If Toph wins it most certainly isn't the stomp you're implying.

I am not seeing how Bellatrix can win this at all. All of her attacks will be futile while Toph's wouldn't. I won't use the word stomp, but Bellatrix is not winning this.

Lvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 50

User Lists: 18

Honestly Bellatrix has a better chance against Katara than Toph, her Earth sensing is the perfect counter to Bellatrix's apparition teleportation.

anthp2000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By anthp2000  Moderator

@lvenger: And her blindness plus lack if agility plus vulnerability to high amounts of concussive force works against her.

@rbt: Toph is just as fast as any avatar high tier. She doesn't have any short of precognition abilities or anything. Her attacks are too slow to reach Bella before she fires or evades.

Snape also flued in the Books. In the movies every snatcher and DE including Bellatrix could fly and very fast. They can physically attack and pretty strong. Bellatrix was destroying the burrow while in this state and this doesn't really matter anyway here. Its a good advantage anyway.

Toph is litteraly waiting to get attacked all the time. Its all about traditional earthbending.

Which doesn't matter because Toph doesn't have attacks Bellatrix cannot simply react to.

I won't use the word astomp either but Toph stands no chance honestly.

@SilentBat: Bumi is isnaely strong,but too slow to win here. He can spam buildings and quicksand but it's significally slower than spells and Bella can react or counter attacks like those.

@cpt_nice: It didn't require hand motions. Only words. I don't see why she can't do it. And Katara didn't demonstrate something like this.

@rogueshadow: She doesn't dwarf it. She is well above but she is no dwarfing anything. For starters I didn't even talk about reaction speed on the sentence you comment. I'm talking about all around speed. She flies painfully faster than Appa. You're clearly forgetting about all the times we've seen death eaters including Bellatrix flying in the films.

cpt_nice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@anthp2000: People are not known for being able to speak when literally frozen. Also, it requires concentration. Bellatrix is not gonna keep her cool (heh) if she is literally frozen.

anthp2000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 anthp2000  Moderator

@cpt_nice: Oh, I had her face free in mind even if the rest of her body was frozen.

lol I get it.

It does but in order to take her down she would need to throw uce spikes or something giving her time to get out.

Something to keep in mind is that the water source in Air Temple Island is not good enough to use any super high end tidal waves. Relatively big waves that Bellatrix can Dodge or defend against.

RBT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@anthp2000:

Toph is just as fast as any avatar high tier. She doesn't have any short of precognition abilities or anything. Her attacks are too slow to reach Bella before she fires or evades.

Are you serious? Top tier Avatar characters can dance around lightening bolts just because they are telegraphed. If anyone is outmatched in speed here, its Bellatrix.

Snape also flued in the Books. In the movies every snatcher and DE including Bellatrix could fly and very fast. They can physically attack and pretty strong. Bellatrix was destroying the burrow while in this state and this doesn't really matter anyway here. Its a good advantage anyway.

Yeah, I remember reading somewhere that Snape flew as well, but I didn't remember when so I didn't mention it. Anyways, Bella has never show the ability to levitate, which tbh, would be really effective against Toph. As for them flying as black smokes, that's a good evading techniques, but she can't attack while in the form. And if she tries to tackle/strike Toph like she did with Burrow, Toph will have no problem sidestepping. She has dodged point blank projectiles before.

Toph is litteraly waiting to get attacked all the time. Its all about traditional earthbending.

Have you ever seen her fight? In her very first scene, she destroyed her opponent before he could make a move.

Which doesn't matter because Toph doesn't have attacks Bellatrix cannot simply react to.

You mean like literally crumbling the ground she is standing on? Or simply mutating everything in sight to incap Bella. Throwing rocks is not the limit of earthbending, you know.

I won't use the word astomp either but Toph stands no chance honestly.

I have provided several reasons why Toph wins this while you haven't provided a single one for contrary. If you are just going to be making statements, then I'll take my leave.

cpt_nice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@anthp2000:

Morals off the benders have a lot of sick stuff to their disposal. If Avatar wasn’t a kid’s show we would see some really f up stuff. Water benders trapping people in ice and suffocating them, or spiking people from inside it like I said. Earth benders burying people alive like that general was gonna do to Katara in S2, air benders choking people (which granted, Zaheer ended up doing but I was thinking it back in S1 of TLA, lol).

Yeah, Katara’s only big disadvantage is the availability of lots of water being only to the sides of the island. But outside of that, I don’t see her losing.

It is not a stomp, but I see her winning a vast majority. Even Toph could probably win a few times out of 10. A flying magic user is just a really bad match up for her

anthp2000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By anthp2000  Moderator

@rbt: Good thing Avatar lightning is not as fast.

When did Toph Dodge point blank projectiles before exactly?

Oh, believe me, I have seen the scene billions of times. She waited for the Boulder to attack and then strike. Its just that the Boulder is fodder. Litteraly the whole style of her fighting type with traditional earthbending is "wait and listen". Toph like any traditional earthbending master ultizes newtral jing better than anyone.

You mean something Toph has quite Litteraly admitted to not be able to do without ceratin circumstances? Toph cannot burry anyone unless there is water ON the path of her and the opponent to use quicksand. What do you mean by mutating?

Take your leave all you want. I hate it when people argue with notions when it comes to my favourite verse. Bellatrix can react to everything Toph will dish out in order to block and evade, she can spam concussive force and get through Toph's defences like butter and then kill her.

anthp2000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 anthp2000  Moderator

@cpt_nice: Its a kids show but we cannot just assume the benders can do things they just never showed the ability to do.

I've analysed the quicksand technique earthbenders use plenty of times before. Its a general notions that they are OP because of it. Ill tell you only Bumi has the ability to use quicksand and burry people and when he does it, it's coming like a projectile and is straightforward. Toph cannot do it unless water is involved aroubd the ground her opponent is standing on. General Fong was only able to burry Katara after she used her waterpouch, and in a comic of the Lost Adventures where Team Avatar were fighting a FFA, Toph outright said "Thank you Katara. The recipe for quicksand requires water and you gave it to me". Then she burried her.

Airbenders cannot do this in battle.

But Katara can't do something Bellatrix cannot counter, at least here. Esspecially when she has knowledge as well.

anthp2000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 anthp2000  Moderator

@vengefulshot: You have Uncle Iroh and Bumi both as 3. Anyways, IMO the order should be:

Toph: Pass pretty solidly.

Bumi: Same.

Iroh: Pass for a majority.

Katara: Same.

Korra: Stops but puts up a fight

Ozai: Stops really hard cause I don't see a cheap shot via apparitation most of the time.

Azula: Gets potentlly blitzed. She arguably cannot react to instant lightning.

Aang: Simply loses hard.

Avatar image for allstarsuperman
AllStarSuperman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

She's not beating Toph

vengefulshot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Avatar image for allstarsuperman
AllStarSuperman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#47  Edited By AllStarSuperman

@vengefulshot: What RBT already said. Bella has no answer for Tophs battle field control. She can't find a place to stand AND react to rocks being thrown at her. Then theirs the fact that Toph can cover herself in armor.

vengefulshot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@allstarsuperman: Dont see why she can't fly around spamming explosive spells at Toph. Or land throw a spell then immediately take flight. Bombarda and confringo and reducto have consistently been shown to blast through earth. Then you have her more powerful spells like fiendfyre. Hell you have Ginny, a witch miles behind Bellatrix in power and skill, who straight up annihilated a human sized structure, so I don't see earth armour protecting Toph.

No Caption Provided

rogueshadow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49  Edited By rogueshadow  Moderator

@anthp2000: The instance of Appa flying wasn't demonstrating his flight speed, but that she can sense objects in the air from great distances. But I never brought up flight speed to begin with, I was referring to reactionary speeds. And yes, I would say Toph dwarfs her in speed, Avatar characters have massively superior reaction times than HP characters.

helloman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Stops at 1.