Beat this Marvel A-list Trio! (Scenario)

k4tzm4n

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By k4tzm4n  Moderator
Captain America, Wolverine & Deadpool accept your challenge.
Captain America, Wolverine & Deadpool accept your challenge.

Scenario

An incredibly wealthy individual (who will remain unnamed) wants these 3 characters defeated and humiliated. This employer foolishly challenges the trio to direct combat in the heart of Times Square. Despite it making no sense whatsoever and defying all kinds of logic, the three characters agree to the terms. The Mayor of New York seals off Times Square for the event. This rich man made a mistake, though. He's not sure who to hire to beat these characters. That's where you come in, Viner. He's offering you 1 million dollars to pick 3 mercenaries/assassins/characters for hire who will get the job done. Based on the following rules, can you create a trio that would logically take a majority over this group?

Rules

• Physicals (speed, strength, natural durability to blunt force, agility) must be below Spider-Man's.
  • Characters can be from any comic universe but MUST be considered mercenaries/assassins/etc. They must be first and foremost considered comic book characters. You CANNOT have more than one version of the same character on a team.
  • Only one character on your team may have an accelerated healing factor.
  • All combatants are in character.
  • No one has prep time.
  • Everyone has standard gear.
  • If a character can solo for a clear majority or make the situation obviously one-sided (phasing or mental powers, for example), they aren't allowed.
  • Remember, you're not dictating how this team wins or coming up with a plan for them. You're not calling a play by play here. You have to debate how you think the characters would HONESTLY act if thrown into this situation. Obviously, teamwork won't be likely if you pick characters who have never met or dislike one another.

No Caption Provided

Times Square. Mid-day. Entire section is cleared off and all intersections are blocked off / filled with onlookers and camera crews. Begin 50 feet apart.

Can you pick a team which will successfully overcome? Or will your team lose and you'll never get your hands on that 1 million dollars? Viners, this thread doesn't end when you make a case for your team. Look at the other teams presented and share your thoughts on how they would fare. Additionally, if you think someone is clearly breaking the rules or attempting to use a lame loophole, you're free to politely call them out on it.

BONUS:

• You get an extra 50 thousand if you don't use anyone with a healing factor.
  • You get an extra 75 thousand if you don't use Deathstroke.
  • You get an extra 100 thousand if none of your characters are logically eliminated for a majority.

Avatar image for vintage_spiderman
vintage_spiderman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

@k4tzm4n kakuzu slade

joba fett

This team should suffice.

Avatar image for betatesthighlander1
Betatesthighlander1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 12

Betatesthighlander1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

vintage_spiderman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By vintage_spiderman
Betatesthighlander1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

vintage_spiderman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Betatesthighlander1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Strider1992

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

@k4tzm4n:

Zealot, Aphrodite IX, Ian Nottingham

Zealot normally seeks out the most challenging opponent which would most likely be Wolverine due to her standard gear and superior skills Logan isn't taking a majority against her. Ian can be a bit arrogant at times so I see Deadpool picking up on that and wanting to have a few jokes about his English accent and long hair again this isn't a fight Deadpool is wining due to Ian's speed and fighting skill. Aphrodite IX due to her assassin background will be the one holding back and surveying the battle like Cap hence the reason I see those two ending up locked in combat. However due to her stats and durability Cap most likely isn't take a majority.

GhostRavage

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

GR.

Ironshinobi88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

SnakeEyes

Taskmaster

Temujin

Betatesthighlander1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@strider92: Ian finally getting so,e recognition!

that is why I like you so much

DireDrill

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By DireDrill

Winter Soldier (Sniper Rifle with Carbonadium Bullets, Kabar)

Shriek (His Suit)

Vanisher

Vanisher teleports the team to the top of the tallest building. Shriek dampens sound. Bucky takes one down, with the sound dampening your team won't hear the shot so they can't dodge it. They then reposition by teleportation and repeat the process. Eventually all 3 are down. Deadpool's head is taken off with Bucky's Kabar and teleported far away from his body. The good guys go down quick.

OmgOmgWtfWtf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By OmgOmgWtfWtf

Winter Soldier (Sniper Rifle with Carbonadium Bullets, Kabar)

Shriek (His Suit)

Vanisher

Vanisher teleports the team to the top of the tallest building. Shriek dampens sound. Bucky takes one down, with the sound dampening your team won't hear the shot so they can't dodge it. They then reposition by teleportation and repeat the process. Eventually all 3 are down. Deadpool's head is taken off with Bucky's Kabar and teleported far away from his body. The good guys go down quick.

Read the rules.

• Remember, you're not dictating how this team wins or coming up with a plan for them. You're not calling a play by play here. You have to debate how you think the characters would HONESTLY act if thrown into this situation. Obviously, teamwork won't be likely if you pick characters who have never met or dislike one another.
Avatar image for deactivated-5e8a1f5fafc4e
deactivated-5e8a1f5fafc4e

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

Blade
Blade
Daredevil
Daredevil
Star-lord
Star-lord

Although Cap is arguably the most skilled at H2H fighting here, he isn't superpowered, so he isn't beating Blade for example in H2H. The others will give him problems too between Daredevils hightened senses which grant anticipaton and Star Lords augmented strength and advanced firepower, so he's going down.

As for Deadpool, although he has his healing factor, he has been shown to be able to be KO'd after sustained gunfire. I also believe that Blade is more than a match for him in sword combat, and in this fight I do see this fight happening. Blade has greater reaction time, speed, and H2H combat. He takes off a couple of Deadpools limbs and helps the others.

Wolverine is the toughest to deal with here. But considering I feel my guys will be able to take the other two down between their superior physical stats to Cap and Pool, and their sheer firepower. I can see Daredevil squaring of with Wolverine first, and after a tough fight, Wolverine winning due to his Adamantine, but Daredevil gives him a good fight before going down. Blade after his sword fight with Deadpool will eventually take a limb of or injure him enough to put him down before he has a chance to heal. That leaves Star Lord fighting Cap. Honestly H2H Cap would win, but I think the fact that Star Lord has a large amount of firepower, and his skill in battle tactics rival Cap's, he'll be able to last long enough for Blade to step in and help him. No doubt Cap will land on him with his shield at some point, or land a good blow on him, but Star Lord is an excellent marksman, equipped with advanced kree weaponry and will be able to tag him. So I see the scenario playing out with Daredevil going down, Blade saving Star-Lord from a KO, and Wolverine going berzerk, only to be outclassed by Blade in Melee combat, wounded by his titanium sword, and then shot into incapacitation by Blade and Star-Lord, but only enough to incapacitate, not to kill.

Correct me if I've been wrong on anything.

Lunacyde

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By Lunacyde  Moderator

@k4tzm4n

I'll skip all the cheap characters and just use a couple favorites:

Daredevil
Daredevil
Snake-Eyes
Snake-Eyes
Cassandra Cain
Cassandra Cain

robertloucksjr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By robertloucksjr

Speed Demon - keeps opponent team off balance

Mr. X - takes any one of them in hand to hand

Tombstone - hard to hurt

OmgOmgWtfWtf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

laflux

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#19  Edited By laflux

@k4tzm4n:

Ultimate Spider-Man (Peter Parker), Ezekiel and Blade (troll-face)

All are below Spider-Man in terms of stats, with Ezekiel being slightly weaker than Spider-Man in terms of stats, due to getting his powers via deceit. Ult Peter, while being weaker and slower than 616 Peter, can web Logan up for majority. Ezekiel takes down Deadpool (he won't hold back when he sees deadpool's healing factor in action) .Blade should be able to hold off Cap given his strength and speed advantage.

175 thousand pound bonus too.

Floopay

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By Floopay

@k4tzm4n:

In dedication to Static_Shock:

From the Forgotten Realms Graphic Novel Series (The Dark Elf Trilogy):

Drizzt Do'Urden

No Caption Provided

Zaknafein Do'Urden

No Caption Provided

Jarlaxle Baenre

No Caption Provided

Overall

I think my team has a lot of advantages here. Not only can they levitate if they have to, but each of them possesses Sueprhuman stats that allows them to, at the very least, match your team.

Over and above this they have hosts of magic equipment that they can use for a multitude of uses.

The biggest advantage is they all have centuries of experience in fighting the way they do. Over and above this, these three characters have actually trained and fought together on a multitude of situations. Add to that their natural abilities to levitate, summon globes of darkness, and illuminate their foes (to make it impossible to hide), and we have a force to be reckoned with.

They have the numbers advantage, as both Jarlaxle and Drizzt can summon animal companions to assist them. Drizzt can summon Guehwyvar, a 600 pound extra dimensional panther.

Jarlaxle can pump out dozens of daggers with insane accuracy in an instant thanks to his Bracers of Daggers.

Drizzt has his dual weapon style, combined with his uncanny speed, and centuries of honed reflexes and skills to rely upon. He's taken on demons, giants, swarms of soldiers, barbarians, orcs, and so much more.

Finally we have Zaknafein, who is considered the greatest swordsman in drow, possibly even Forgotten Realms, history. His attacks and fighting styles were said to be unblockable, add in his remarkable speed and ability and we have a pretty impossible character to go up against.

I know in Marvel experience is meaningless for a character, but in Forgotten Realms it is stated that the weakest drow warrior is more formidable than a top tier human fighter.

Thanks for reading,

Floopay

k4tzm4n

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 k4tzm4n  Moderator

Viners, please be sure to read all of the rules...

Lunacyde

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By Lunacyde  Moderator

Since my first team weren't technically mercenaries or assassins I shall recast my team to better comply with the rules.

Lady Shiva
Lady Shiva

Storm Shadow
Storm Shadow

Wraith
Wraith

k4tzm4n

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 k4tzm4n  Moderator

@lunacyde said:

Since my first team weren't technically mercenaries or assassins I shall recast my team to better comply with the rules.

Lady Shiva

Stormshadow

Wraith

Excellent team! Why do you think they'll win?

Dark Cloud™

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@k4tzm4n

You've made a great battle, nicely detailed.

Here are my chosen three -

Billy the Butcher, from The Boys.
April Parker aka Mayhem, from Spider-Girl.
Rose Wilson aka Ravager, Deathstroke's Daughter.

k4tzm4n

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 k4tzm4n  Moderator

@dark_cloud_: Thank you very much. Why do believe your team wins?

Floopay

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By Floopay

@k4tzm4n: How about my team, just out of curiosity.

Thanks for reading,

Floopay

Avatar image for the_last_kryptonian
the_last_kryptonian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Deathstroke, Lady Shiva, and Kraven

Dark Cloud™

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@k4tzm4n

The Butcher is strong enough to face any of your team, but is also paramount to the superhero world so much so that he's feared as much as he is loved. He's so feared that his name strikes, well, fear, into the minds of other superheroes who're more powerful than he is. Simply put, not only a leader of a violent gang of chumps, but he's a brutal and violent fighter. He's smart, too, able to analyze instances down to a point. Alongside the abilities of his comrades, this can be useful in determining how their opponents may act and coordinate their tactics.

Mayhem is the clone of May Parker, Spider-Girl. On top of that, she also possesses a Symbiote which could help gain the team an advantage by bringing more power to the table. Her skills allow her to mimic Spider-Girl's abilities, as well as those of Venom and Carnage. In essence, her versatility is a step-up from Butcher's, and Butcher has never dealt with such versatility that he'd be more inclined to use her abilities to their potential.

Ravager, on the one hand, has martial arts skills that put her on the same level as her father, Deathstroke. On the other hand, she's a precog, able to combine these abilities with her martial arts to be quite more capable on the field than her father. This enables her to give props to Butcher and Mayhem, giving them near-precise moments to attack when their opponents least expect them.

Pokeysteve

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

Constantine Drakon (speed?)

Prometheus

Lady Shiva

DireDrill

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@omgomgwtfwtf: Vanisher is coward but he also loves being paid so he'll save his cohorts if only to make sure he gets paid. Once safely away, Winter Soldier lays out the plan. This isn't my plan, it is his.

OmgOmgWtfWtf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@omgomgwtfwtf: Vanisher is coward but he also loves being paid so he'll save his cohorts if only to make sure he gets paid. Once safely away, Winter Soldier lays out the plan. This isn't my plan, it is his.

So you're telling me that Shriek, Vanisher, and Winter Soldier would instantly work together once they been teleported to the same spot? Seriously? You literally laid out a plan for them to use and even gave Winter Soldier equipment specific for this scenario. You don't even know what Winter Soldier would do in this scenario. You're basically cherry picking at this point. When it's clearly labelled in the rules that you cannot do so.

• All combatants are in character.
  • No one has prep time.
  • Everyone has standard gear.
  • If a character can solo for a clear majority or make the situation obviously one-sided (phasing or mental powers, for example), they aren't allowed.

Shriek is not even a mercenary or assassin. He's an audio engineer, who turned into a villain.

utkanflash

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 278

DeathStroke

Taskmaster

Blade

ILikeCookies

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

How about

1. Deadshot

2. Bullseye

3. Lady Shiva

Avatar image for deactivated-5e8a1f5fafc4e
deactivated-5e8a1f5fafc4e

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@k4tzm4n is my team of Blade, Star Lord and Daredevil okay by the rules? I gave my reasons for why they would win above.

Does anyone want to comment on my team?

DireDrill

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@omgomgwtfwtf: They are being paid to do a job by a wealthy person. They know what that job is so they'll know what they are getting into beforehand. Each one knows full well that they can't take them in a direct fight and thankfully none of them like to directly fight if they can avoid it and they can in this case.

Shriek is a mercenary, he was first hired by Derek Powers to take out Bruce Wayne which in turn led to becoming a supervillain. Last I checked, being paid to take someone out makes you a merc.

OmgOmgWtfWtf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@omgomgwtfwtf: They are being paid to do a job by a wealthy person. They know what that job is so they'll know what they are getting into beforehand. Each one knows full well that they can't take them in a direct fight and thankfully none of them like to directly fight if they can avoid it and they can in this case.

Shriek is a mercenary, he was first hired by Derek Powers to take out Bruce Wayne which in turn led to becoming a supervillain. Last I checked, being paid to take someone out makes you a merc.

Seems like your trying to argue semantics at this point. So I will leave it at that. Shriek is not a mercenary, he was forced to kill Bruce Wayne to save his own job and research. He doesn't kill people for a living. Shrike is also not a comic book character, but that is beyond the point now.

14NC3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

Shawnbaby

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Bullseye

No Caption Provided

Dare The Terminator

No Caption Provided

Taskmaster

No Caption Provided
Avatar image for deactivated-5a08a02678f1f
deactivated-5a08a02678f1f

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Lunacyde

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 Lunacyde  Moderator

@k4tzm4n:

Lady Shiva
Lady Shiva

Storm Shadow
Storm Shadow

No Caption Provided

Here's how I see it. Storm Shadow would likely choose to fight the guy with swords so he'd match up against Deadpool. Shiva would most likely choose who she saw as the greatest challenge so most likely she'd match up against Wolverine. That leaves Wraith to contend with Captain America. This makes further sense because Cap is most likely to survey the opponents and plan a strategy. This will give Wraith a great chance to use his stealth to his advantage as Cap is planning.

Storm Shadow vs. Deadpool

Storm Shadow - Advantages :

- Superior Martial Artist/Ninja Skills

- Combat Intelligence / Tactical Ability

- Focused/Serious/Controlled

Deadpool - Advantages:

- Healing Factor

- Firearms

Consensus: Storm Shadow will win this because he is deadly serious and a far superior martial artist. Physically I believe them to be very near equals so neither side carries much of an advantage there. The difference lies in their attitudes and skills. We've seen how superior martial artists like The Cat can humiliate Wade. The fact that he carries firearms matters little since Storm Shadow dodges/deflects bullets regularly. Wade's greatest downfall though is his joking manner. While he is messing around Storm Shadow will be coolly focused on his goal. Arashikage ninjas have such precise control of their bodies and minds that they can will themselves into a state where even modern medical instruments think that they are dead. The healing factor helps Deadpool last longer, but it doesn't save him. Storm Shadow deconstructs him with the precision of a surgeon and the speed of a wood chipper.

Lady Shiva vs. Wolverine

Lady Shiva - Advantages:

- Superior Martial Artist

- Move Reading Ability

- Superior Focus/Control

Wolverine - Advantages:

- Healing Factor

- Adamantium Skeleton/Durability

- Enhanced Senses

Consensus: Wolverine does seem to have a lot of favorable advantages with his healing factor and whatnot, however Lady Shiva is just the type of character Wolverine has had trouble with before. If he decides to go at it like a brawler (and given his tendencies this is more than likely) then he is going to really have a tough time. She may be less durable and physically intimidating than Logan, but her exceptional skill and move reading should more than compensate. Logan is likely to underestimate her because of her looks, and that is the last thing he will want to do against Shiva. As characters like Elektra have shown it is possible to put Logan down. Shiva also has the skill/agility to a stall for help if she realizes that she can't take Wolverine alone.

Wraith vs. Captain America

Wraith - Advantages:

- Invisibility

- Durable Armor

- Various Optical and Audio Modes

- Various weapons including wrist mounted blades and cannons

Captain America

- Tactical Prowess

- Physical Attributes

- Superior H2H combatant

Consensus: Once again on paper Cap has some pretty solid advantages. Being peak human he has a strength/speed/etc advantage against Wraith. However Wraith is no slouch as he has come up against Storm Shadow and Snake-Eyes and held his own. Cap is also a superior tactician. However this doesn't really turn the battle too much in Cap's favor. Wraith has some serious advantages of his own, most notably the ability to become completely invisible. This will give him a serious leg up on Cap. He also has the ability to take a lot of punishment due to the armor of his suit. Wraith's suit provides a wealth of information with it's satellite uplink and various audio and visual modes. He also has a good deal of weaponry available to him including forearm mounted blades and guns. With all of these advantages i think it is highly likely that Wraith should be able to defeat Cap. After all we've seen Crossbones hold his own and even defeat Cap before, and Wraith is very similar to Crossbones in terms of skills with a suit that allows for the aforementioned abilities.

OH AND GIVE ME ALL THAT BONU$ MONEYZ

Avatar image for the_legendary_supersaiyan_hulk
The_Legendary_SuperSaiyan_Hulk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@k4tzm4n:

Nicholas:

No Caption Provided

Doug:

No Caption Provided

(Click it :D)

Zabuza:

No Caption Provided

Lunacyde

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By Lunacyde  Moderator

Instead of posting it to every one of you separately....

EVERYONE WHO IS USING MANGA CHARACTERS...They are not permitted as per the rules in the OP. It clearly states that the characters must be primarily comic book characters. Although Manga may be construed as a form of "comic book" I believe it goes against the spirit of the rule which clearly was referencing western style comics and not manga.

Avatar image for deactivated-5a08a02678f1f
deactivated-5a08a02678f1f

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lunacyde:

Oh, well, that's no fun. I'll just leave my post there anyway.

Avatar image for the_legendary_supersaiyan_hulk
The_Legendary_SuperSaiyan_Hulk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lunacyde: Manga are just comic books from a different culture...

THEAMAZEDEDPOL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Batman (Bruce Wayne)

Deathstroke

Task master