Battle of the Week: Wonder Woman vs. World War Hulk

k4tzm4n

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

User Lists: 1

Edited By k4tzm4n  Moderator

Wonder Woman's time as our Character of the Month has now come to an end, but since we love you so much, we're going to give you another Battle of the Week involving her! While the community votes for the next Character (or team!) of the Month, you can think about Wonder Woman throwing down in one more epic melee. The Justice Leaguer has laughed at every obstacle we've placed in her way and she seemed to have no real issue beating them down. Beta Ray Bill? Knocked him out. Invincible? Obliterated him. The Guardians of the Galaxy? Dropped all of 'em. So, for her final challenge, we figured we should literally go bigger. It's time for her to take on World War Hulk!

Wonder Woman's powerful, skilled and swift, but will it be enough to defeat the powerhouse who has an accelerated healing factor and increasing strength? Will the Amazon's combination of physicals, tactics, and gear be enough to grant her yet another win? Can she defeat him with the Lasso of Truth or will the big guy from Marvel withstand her attacks and then land some devastating hits? Before you make up your mind just yet, please read the rules to see where the fight is taking place and more! If you're going to have fun thinking about this fight (which is the whole point of this segment), you need to read the following because the rules give you critical info!

No Caption Provided

Match Rules

• Combatants are in character.
  • This is a random encounter (no prep for either side) and both characters have standard gear.
  • This is pre-New 52 Wonder Woman (she has really impressive physical feats, so we think that makes it more balanced than using New 52) with her standard gear and World War Hulk is unarmed.
  • They're fighting in a generic city setting. They're in a 2x2 block area which is unpopulated, but everything around that section is full of civilians and both characters are aware of this. It takes place during the day and they start roughly 200 feet apart and visible. Everything in the city (let's say the city is the size of Manhattan and surrounded by ocean) is on limits.
  • Incapacitation, knockout, BFR (battlefield removal, which means knocking someone so far away that the fight cannot continue in the very near future) or death all count as elimination. Making a tactical retreat counts as a loss, too. "What's a tactical retreat?" It's leaving the fight with the intention of not returning to the battle in the immediate future. Going to another spot in the environment to catch your breath for a moment or two or for a tactical advantage is not a tactical retreat.
  • Hey, you know what would be really cool? Treating everyone else in the debate with respect. If you think someone's saying something that just isn't true, go ahead and stick to the facts to point out why. There's no need at all to drop insults just because you disagree with someone. Seriously, this is just talking about a fictional fight, there's no need for immaturity and mudslinging.
  • If you think the poll isn't going how it should, making an informative post about why a character is being underestimated and spreading the word is far more useful than complaining. Just saying.
  • One more thing: you don't need to write an essay to have your post highlighted in Friday's article. Sometimes concise posts can be way more effective than a flood of paragraphs.
Raw power or skill? Can Wonder Woman topple this threat or will she fall? Think about it and then vote!
Raw power or skill? Can Wonder Woman topple this threat or will she fall? Think about it and then vote!

Will Diana smack the big dude around and eventually incapacitate him with her iconic lasso or possibly even knock him out of the city? Or will Hulk's pure strength and impressive endurance eventually grant him the edge and allow him to keep the DC heroine down for the count? Who's left standing after these two titans clash?! Give it some proper thought and then vote in the poll!

Check the homepage this Friday for an updated article with the following:

• The results of the poll.
  • Thoughts from the staff.
  • Viner Arguments for both characters.
  • If we're lucky, blurbs from industry talent.

Voting for the next Character/Team of the Month is going on right now and the winner will be in future editions of this segment, so CLICK HERE to vote!

theMightyMODOK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 6

WHAT!? oh, wait. I was the first to vote so when I chose mine it said 100% of the votes.

Captain13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 3

#2  Edited By Captain13
No Caption Provided

jashro44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Oh God......This one is going to be big.

Initial thoughts are on wonder woman due to speed and the lasso though.

Avatar image for captain_batman_ftw
captain_batman_FTW

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Diana due to speed and equipment, other than that, Hulk would win fairly easily.

GreenScar1990

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

Hulk.

Wonder Woman will put up a good fight, but in the end the Green King will be too much for her to handle.

Avatar image for unbreakable_fs4
unbreakable_fs4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Cream_God

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#7  Edited By Cream_God
No Caption Provided

nick_clark

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Wonder Woman

serrure

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

User Lists: 17

is this Green Scar or just World War Hulk? @k4tzm4n

Afewmore

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Hulk smash puny wonder woman

ShadowHuntR

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jkma68: Read your stuff correctly. It was a Skrull, not the real Black Bolt.

blazingwhale

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

im sorry anyone who says Wonder Woman here is dreaming and is just a bit of a fanboy.

Lets look objectively here, Regular Hulk can take on Superman, but World breaker Hulk can defeat anyone he is thrown up against, he is the angriest form of the Hulk, granted Wonder Woman is good, not taking that away, but this guy could actually tear the planet in half. His healing is based upon his anger also so thats better than ever.

I dont understand how Hulk is unarmed as in every picture as World breaker he has his armor and weapons and yet Wonder Woman has her lasso, seems a tad odd.

This is a Hulk with limitless strength, healing, faster than ever, Wonder Woman has a limit the World Breaker does not, simple as that.

You cant incapacitate a guy whos weaker form can hold up a mountain (secret wars) and look what he did to colossus, wolverine and black bolt in this form, plus he beat the sentry also.

Gracetrack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Cool! Thanks for the bonus battle, Gregg!

blazingwhale

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

unbreakable_fs4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By unbreakable_fs4

Siding with Hulk on this one. No doubt, WW has the speed advantage but I can see Hulk's durability and Healing factor playing a significant role in this. If he finds it too difficult to keep up physically with WW's speed (and he will) he can fall back on his usual omnidirectional gamma imbuded Thunder Clap. I see this giving Hulk the little time he needs to land some heavy hits on the stunned WW. While she is without a doubt a high-tier individual in regards to her durability, a blow from an angry superman did make her blackout, only to be woken up by the heat of reentering the Earth's atmosphere. Hulk has shown he can hit as hard and sometimes even harder that what Supes has occasionally displayed. However this could be hampered by the surrounding civilians, considering both combatants are fully aware of their presence.

WW's gear will also play a role, however, the lasso can only help so much as it has been countered by overcoming the wielder with strength before totally being subdued (ex: Doomsday, and if we look at the N52, Darkseid)

Overall I see Hulk taking the slight majority 6/10

k4tzm4n

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By k4tzm4n  Moderator
@serrure said:

Planet Hulk/World War Hulk. Just like in the event, he more than likely will do his best to avoid killing and begins in control.

Saren

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 12

@jkma68 said:

and a 2x2 section of unpopulated area is not going to contain a raged-out World War Hulk that straight up does not give a hoot.

Hulk specifically made it a point not to hurt a single civilian in World War Hulk.

Roy_el

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

OK was it a skrull or the real black bolt on the moon?

Lvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 50

User Lists: 18

Loading Video...

WHAT MADNESS HAVE YOU UNLEASHED IN THIS THREAD K4ZM4N? :P

@k4tzm4n said:
@serrure said:

World War Hulk. Just like in the event, he more than likely will do his best to avoid killing and begins in control.

So what you're basically saying is that Hulk won't turn into World Breaker mode during this battle?

frozen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 14

#22 frozen  Moderator

@saren said:

@jkma68 said:

and a 2x2 section of unpopulated area is not going to contain a raged-out World War Hulk that straight up does not give a hoot.

Hulk specifically made it a point not to hurt a single civilian in World War Hulk.

Can Hulk legitimately win this?

Mrnoital

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#23  Edited By Mrnoital

@blazingwhale: read more carefully, its World War Hulk, not world breaker

ips

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

WonderWoman.

she's faster and can stay ahead of him. plus 1000s of years of combat training. and the gear. lasso him fast and it's over.

the vol2. #219 issue of WW demonstrates WW's ability to fight an enraged Superman. this fight would be similar.

and if all else fails, she reaches out to his base raging beast animal nature with her affinity with animals and just pacifies him. even a delay long enough to lasso him would finish the fight.

vasu12360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By vasu12360

after removing bracelets i think wonder women might win

visit http://www.comicvine.com/forums/battles-7/red-hood-vs-punisher-1623673/

k4tzm4n

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By k4tzm4n  Moderator

@lvenger said:
Loading Video...

WHAT MADNESS HAVE YOU UNLEASHED IN THIS THREAD K4ZM4N? :P

@k4tzm4n said:
@serrure said:

World War Hulk. Just like in the event, he more than likely will do his best to avoid killing and begins in control.

So what you're basically saying is that Hulk won't turn into World Breaker mode during this battle?

Ha! If someone believes it would reach that point in most of the matches, then they're welcome to explain why. However, I think it could reach a conclusion before it gets there. I imagine it'll reach a point where Hulk knocks Diana out or she restrains him (via lasso of truth) or even BFRs him. So, it's not something I take into account when thinking about this fight, but if someone disagrees and believes it's a big factor, they're free to explain why and let it influence their vote.

Evil-Incarnate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Hulk has the edge in strength and durability, while Wonder Woman has the edge in skill, speed, flight and weaponry. Since incapacitation counts as a win she really could simply hogtie him with the lasso and call it a day. He's not fast enough to stop her and he can't break it. Also the lasso has calming capabilities so that would have a reverse effect on The Hulk's whole stronger when angrier shtick.Now I know many people are going to come here and claim The Hulk wins, but I'd love to hear actual reasons and not just because he's strong because that going to cut it here when she has an answer for everything.

goonage

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Random question: Does anyone else get a "voting session expired" message whenever they try to vote?

BTW WWH wins.

Avatar image for termiteone4ever
termiteone4ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Let me make this clear. HULK doesnt have no counter for her Lasso this will be a Brawl fight . I wont even mention the speed advantage. We clearly see his durability how easily the adimantium pierced his skin lets not for get her sword better yet her lasso which has always been used for cutting. Here is a huge problem the power of Flight and Fighting ability . Based off the speed in which she fight an angry control superman she was thinking and moving beyond speeds hulk doesnt even comprehend. This is not Sentry Exchage Blows Fight this is Tie up beat down . Lets make this Simple . HULK cannot avoid the lasso easily changes him back to Banner. There is too much ways for wonder woman to win. HULk only chances are Ground and Pound and wonder woman no blocking and just taking it . Which is not the case here .

Wonder woman got this .

Evil-Incarnate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This is Pre 52 Wonder Woman so removing her bracelets won't do anything, however she does have the ability to channel Zeus' lightning in this incarnation,

sbyrstall

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

I would rather see her against Maestro.

Diegotobaski

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I love Diana , too much, but I can't just give her the win here, sorry Diana.

Evil-Incarnate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By Evil-Incarnate

@termiteone4ever said:

Let me make this clear. HULK doesnt have no counter for her Lasso this will be a Brawl fight . I wont even mention the speed advantage. We clearly see his durability how easily the adimantium pierced his skin lets not for get her sword better yet her lasso which has always been used for cutting. Here is a huge problem the power of Flight and Fighting ability . Based off the speed in which she fight an angry control superman she was thinking and moving beyond speeds hulk doesnt even comprehend. This is not Sentry Exchage Blows Fight this is Tie up beat down . Lets make this Simple . HULK cannot avoid the lasso easily changes him back to Banner. There is too much ways for wonder woman to win. HULk only chances are Ground and Pound and wonder woman no blocking and just taking it . Which is not the case here .

Wonder woman got this .

Pretty much. Those expecting The Hulk to win expect Wonder Woman to fight on hi level and neglect all the advantages she has over him. In this battle speed, skill and weaponry kill.

DrF8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Diana would take this due to her Speed & equipment.

The WWH storyline seemed to be only PIS ( Hulk destroying demon posseses Strage or Hulk being able to defeat Sentry ). Bit, ok. It's freaking cannon.

The lasso can turn his into Banner easily ( he cannot avoid it. WW is to damn fast ).

frozen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 frozen  Moderator

Hulk gets tied up.

CheeseSticks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Hulk destroy WW.

jashro44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Hulk has the edge in strength and durability, while Wonder Woman has the edge in skill, speed, flight and weaponry. Since incapacitation counts as a win she really could simply hogtie him with the lasso and call it a day. He's not fast enough to stop her and he can't break it. Also the lasso has calming capabilities so that would have a reverse effect on The Hulk's whole stronger when angrier shtick.Now I know many people are going to come here and claim The Hulk wins, but I'd love to hear actual reasons and not just because he's strong because that going to cut it here when she has an answer for everything.

Yea. I think wonder woman is a bad matchup for hulk. She has the perfect powerset to deal with him.

Overlander

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 3

HULK SMASH!!!!!

Saren

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@frozen said:

@saren said:

@jkma68 said:

Can Hulk legitimately win this?

Sure.

Diegotobaski

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

On a 2nd thought, Diana takes this

Cosmic_Lantern

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Doomsday ring a bell?

unbreakable_fs4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

visit http://www.comicvine.com/forums/battles-7/red-hood-vs-punisher-1623673/

This is Pre-52 Wonder Woman

Outside_85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 39

#43  Edited By Outside_85

im sorry anyone who says Wonder Woman here is dreaming and is just a bit of a fanboy.

Lets look objectively here, Regular Hulk can take on Superman.

Stop right there:

No Caption Provided

frozen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By frozen  Moderator
Roy_el

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@drfate: hulk was that way because of the massive energy he absorbed when his ship exploded.

And I thought the sentry fight was a stalemate?

Banemax

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm siding with Hulk on this. I think Diana would take base Hulk with a good fight but I think WWHulk is just a bit too much. It's not like Hulk was a mindless brute here, he showed off some cleverness in dealing with foes like Dr Strange, who he knew would stop him cold. Not to mention this won't be a quick fight, and the longer it goes the more it favors Hulk. Diana's sword is dangerous but even Wolverine commented how difficult Hulk was to cut in this form and his claws cut through anything and everything. He's also strong enough to throw Diana around if she gets the lasso on him, which had been done to her before.

Her biggest advantage is speed, but she's going to get close and when she does I see her taking hits, and I don't think it'll take to many to disrupt her and once Hulk has her I think it's going to go downhill.

Tough matchup, and I'll save my vote until I see the comments from some Hulk and Wonder Woman experts, but right now I see Hulk winning 6/10.

DrF8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By DrF8

@roy_el: Sentry was the first one to fall on the ground after they used all their power. And yet then Banner turned into Hulk again.

So...Hulk won i guess

The explanation that he absorbed alot of energy is not an explanation. Hulk bitch slapped the supreme magician of the universe in his demon possesed form. It's the pure essence of PIS

Saren

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By Saren
thedailybagel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49  Edited By thedailybagel  Moderator

being a huge hulk fan, I was initially going to go straight for him (mainly to getting Extremely happy seeing him in the battle of the week), after further thought, I voted too close to call.

Both just have so many ways to win, in a straight up fight, hulk should bring down diana, no questions asked. He undoubtedly has her numbered in physicals, and his durability is just freaking ridiculous. I don't think her significant speed is going to be enough to bring him down. But that's just one scenario, likewise, diana could use the lasso of truth on hulk (which I'm not 100% sure would work considering doomsday could get out of it) but fot the sake of arguments let's say it will work.

Then, hulk always has a chance at going world breaker, depending on what his views are of diana. If he thinks she's a serious threat to not only him, but earth as a whole, then he won't hold back. And I honestly view world breaker as on a completely different level compared to most powerhouses, so if it does reach that point (which it probably won't in fairness) then I don't see diana surviving.

Then, you factor in a BFR, something that could happen, but I'm not sure diana would do it. She doesn't know hulk so from her point of view she'd be throwing a raging brute at possibly another planet for him to tear apart, something I don't think she'd do.

All in all, it really is too close to call in my opinion, factoring in personal bias Id vote for hulk, but remaining impartial I can't pin down a winner on this one.

(Now if only we could get hulk as a character of the month).