Battle Of The Week: Ultron VS Cyborg Superman

• 84 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

jashro44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Poll Battle Of The Week: Ultron VS Cyborg Superman (107 votes)

Cyborg Superman 41%
Ultron 53%
Too Close To Call 6%
No Caption Provided

For this weeks battle of the week we have Cyborg Superman against Ultron! Which one of these mechanical tyrants will win? You decide!

Rules

• Combatants are in character.
  • This is a random encounter (no prep for either side) and both characters have standard gear.
  • This is post crisis/ pre-flashpoint (meaning no new 52 feats) Cyborg Superman with his sinestro corps rings
  • This is Phalanx Ultron
  • They're fighting in a generic city setting. It takes place during the day and they start roughly 100 feet apart and visible. Everything in the city (let's say the city is the size of Manhattan and surrounded by ocean) is on limits.
  • Incapacitation, knockout, BFR (battlefield removal, which means knocking someone so far away that the fight cannot continue in the very near future) or death all count as elimination. Making a tactical retreat counts as a loss, too. "What's a tactical retreat?" It's leaving the fight with the intention of not returning to the battle in the immediate future. Going to another spot in the environment to catch your breath for a moment or two or for a tactical advantage is not a tactical retreat.
  • Treating everyone else in the debate with respect is a sign of a good debater. If you think someone's saying something that just isn't true, go ahead and stick to the facts to point out why. There's no need at all to drop insults just because you disagree with someone. This is just talking about a fictional fight, there's no need for immaturity and mudslinging about fan fic.
  • If you think the poll isn't going how it should, making an informative post about why a character is being underestimated and spreading the word is far more useful than complaining.
  • One more thing: you don't need to write an essay to have your post highlighted in Friday's article. Sometimes concise posts can be way more effective than a flood of paragraphs. Viner posts that stand out will be included at the end.
  • Votes last till late Friday, and the votes will be posted in the OP to see where combatants stand by Friday. Votes do not determine who wins, only who the majority at the time sides with.

Special thanks to @k4tzm4n for allowing me and other users to continue making these battle of the week threads

• 
DragonbellZ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Ultron hacks him

HitTheAssasin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Ultron hacks him with ease he hacked the entire phalanx easily so it isnt a problem

Nima_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Ultron in a good fight. I have doubts either would hack the other, but I just find Ultron's energy projection, durability, and tactical prowess more impressive.

Vertigo-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Based on what I've been reading in the other threads, I can't make a call just yet, it seems too evenly split. I'll wait for some arguments.

Avatar image for supremeintelligence
supremeintelligence

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

Ultron hacks him

Ultron hacks him with ease he hacked the entire phalanx easily so it isnt a problem

how does ultron hack him though? hank isn't just another AI and even then CS has hacked the source wall, a feat that surpasses the phalanx feat

g2_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 3

Mismatch. Ultron stomps.

supremeintelligence

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@g2_ said:

Mismatch. Ultron stomps.

how is this a mismatch?

g2_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

supremeintelligence

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@g2_ said:

@supremeintelligence: He just hacks him.

how does he hack him though when he's not an AI? hank's consciousness is very alive not machine

Avatar image for flashoftommorow
FlashofTommorow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By FlashofTommorow

Hank stomps. Tell me when Ultron can survive attacks from the Guardians of the Universe.

Also, @g2_, @dragonbellz, Hank's also organic, AND he hacked Apokolips tech, and the Source Wall. If anything, Ultron's technopathy is getting up showed.

g2_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

GIliad_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By GIliad_

I can't picture a scenario where this doesn't come down to a combination of technopathy and combat capability. The notion of either hacking/assimilating the other is something I can't buy into, to my knowledge neither have every proven particularly vulnerable (on the contrary actually) and both are respectively exceptional technopaths, there isn't any decisive factor that inclines me to back one or the other in regards to technopathic ability. As far as a 1 v 1 brawl I'd back Henshaw, he's not as durable as Ultron but he's still sufficiently resilient to survive in a drag-out fight, however he's more diverse and adaptable than Ultron due to his less conventional technopathic capabilities and kryptonian abilities- I'm not sure if he has the potential to overcome Ultron's durability but with BFR as a win condition O can see a repeat of Doomsday's fate.

reaverlation

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The only way I see Ultron winning is through hypnosis. Technopathy is canceled out, both are essentially immortal with the capacity for either being KO'd being really high and them being able to just transfer their conscious to any sort of machinery in the vicinity.

brucerogers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

Going with Ultron

beatboks1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 6

@g2_: @hittheassasin: @dragonbellz:

Please anuone show me an instance of Ultron hacking a non artificial intelligence that can simply assimilate matter and DNA to form to it?. No part of CS intellect is in anyway technologically based his energy simply inhabits whatever tech he wants.

never give up

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Oh boy page 1 and hacking is already mentioned.

Sy8000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 Sy8000  Online

Cyborg Superman was beaten by having the planet he was on blow up depriving him of any tech to hop into. I'd imagine Ultron could replicate that.

brucerogers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Oh boy page 1 and hacking is already mentioned.

Why not? Its a valid tactic that can be used by either of them

never give up

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

THORSON

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#21  Edited By THORSON

been done

http://comicvine.gamespot.com/forums/battles-7/ultron-vs-cyborg-superman-4642/

http://comicvine.gamespot.com/forums/battles-7/ultron-vs-cyborg-superman-1524228/

http://comicvine.gamespot.com/forums/battles-7/ultron-vs-cyborg-superman-1484051/

http://comicvine.gamespot.com/forums/battles-7/who-would-win-ultron-or-cyborg-superman-1480068/

I request that this thread be locked

Vertigo-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thorson: Battles of the week aren't bound by the dupe thread rules.

THORSON

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Avatar image for atheistknowledge
AtheistKnowledge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thorson said:

been done

http://comicvine.gamespot.com/forums/battles-7/ultron-vs-cyborg-superman-4642/

http://comicvine.gamespot.com/forums/battles-7/ultron-vs-cyborg-superman-1524228/

http://comicvine.gamespot.com/forums/battles-7/ultron-vs-cyborg-superman-1484051/

http://comicvine.gamespot.com/forums/battles-7/who-would-win-ultron-or-cyborg-superman-1480068/

I request that this thread be locked

Request denied.

Avatar image for digitalshooter9
DigitalShooter9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

supremeintelligence

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Cyborg Superman was beaten by having the planet he was on blow up depriving him of any tech to hop into. I'd imagine Ultron could replicate that.

since when was ultron ever a planet buster?

sirfizzwhizz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By sirfizzwhizz

@thorson: asking the BOTW thread to be lock. Been done.

Well you are clearly new to this neck of the CV woods. Welcome to the battle forums,

Shintakie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@highaccuser: He also survived a galaxy level explosion that he purposely tried to get killed by.

Even if that was a valid tactic, Ultron hasn't shown the capability to actually bust a planet and he'd need to outright kill Henshaw afterwards.

This fights close, but Henshaw is far too versatile with a ring to lose to this version of Ultron.

brucerogers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@highaccuser said:

since when was ultron ever a planet buster?

I think he meant to say that Henshaw can be beaten by depriving him of any tech to move on to. He doesn't literally need to blow up the planet.

beatboks1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@brucerogers:

its not valid for both when one doesnt have an artificial intelligence to hack.

Ultron has no feats of hacking a sentient non artificial intelligence so how can he do this?.

There are other ways Ultron could take a win, this isn't one. Also CS doesnt actually hack, his consciousness enters or absorbs tech (or what ever else he wants hense why he has Kryptonian DNA to begin with)

Royal_Warrior

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By Royal_Warrior

Have no idea why this is BoTW, I'll get a proper argument up later to just end this thread early

Don't know wether Ultron is being highly low balled or if CS is being wanked, this has no place being BoTW, just so one sided, there's nothing CS can do to even remotely hurt Ultron let alone Win

Royal_Warrior

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By Royal_Warrior

Unless someone shows me that Hank can hit intaginible opponents or break primary Adamantium then I see no reason for this thread to remain open

Not to mention Cyborg consistently has trouble with low herald level characters and Ultron no sells Silver Surfer + hundreds other at the same time with no damage

Just realised this isn't AoU version but regardless Phalanx still primary Admatnium body so it's the same. Honestly not seeing why Ultron can't take over like mentioned earlier, at best Hank is planetary Technopath whereas Phalanx Ultron already took over a Galaxy level Technopath

BoTW been going downhill lately

Amendment50

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Inclined to say Ultron. Don't know why people are complaining about this thread in particular...

entropy_aegis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

Hank gets a fancy new toy lol but in all seriousness Hank cannot be hacked, yes his body can be hacked but the real Hank will just move on. Ultron can be hacked and when he is, the A.I will be assimilated in to Henshaw's conscious or simply reprogrammed. Hank wins easily, though Ultron has greater firepower unless Hank has rings.

Royal_Warrior

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@beatboks1: i know you know your stuff but if your not that knowledgable about Ultron I'd Recomend not saying false statements just to make your argument look better

Paraxgora Was a sentient non artificial Technopath and Phalanx Ultron had no trouble taking him over

supremeintelligence

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@royal_warrior: hank has taken control over the source wall. the source wall lies at the edge of every dc universe that separates the source from the multiverse with countless gods and entities trapped on it. that alone constitutes well above just planetary or galaxy level technopathy for that matter

Royal_Warrior

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@supremeintelligence: no he hasn't, he manipulated a small part of it and didn't do anything beyond Planetary, he only made an illusion and then survived by planting his conscious into a small part of the source wall

Royal_Warrior

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By Royal_Warrior

@g2_: delete your post please, did you really need to waste that much space over a 5 work question?

BOTW are made by Mods and one off battles to be decided by vote and the end of each week a article is made and then a next battle is made

supremeintelligence

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@royal_warrior: controlling the source wall is above planetary. granted he didn't make the whole source wall move, as he didn't need to but source wall acts one consciousness and you can't simply just control part of it without controlling being able to control all of it. controlling the source wall alone is arguably more advanced than controlling the phalanx

beatboks1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By beatboks1

@royal_warrior:

And in your own statement youd quantified how in a way that excludes CS. The character was a technopath that interfaces with technology. The same could be used on ironman with extremis. CS isnt he's a technomorph who incorporates tech into his form not interfaces with it.

My point is that Ulton interfaces with tech and that is how he controls it. To hach he would have to interface with Hank, but that simply isnt how hank works

never give up

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@g2_: This is a BOTW.

g2_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@g2_: delete your post please, did you really need to waste that much space over a 5 work question?

Ok, I will delete it.

BOTW are made by Mods and one off battles to be decided by vote and the end of each week a article is made and then a next battle is made

That's stupid.

g2_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

never give up

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@g2_: They include popular battles and are opened until the week is over. The best arguments get posted and there's a poll.

Royal_Warrior

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@beatboks1: eh I'll give you that, though my argument around why Ultron would win wouldn't be by Technopathy, was just kinda pointing out he has taken over a non artificial Sentient being which you said he hadn't

@supremeintelligence: no it isn't, by your logic is I destroy a planet I've destroyed part of the universe thus making me Universal Threat. He didn't control the source wall it only manipulated a very small part of it

g2_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

KrleAvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 114

Ultron destroys him. No way for Hank to do anything. I don't care if he survived attacks from Guardians. Not only that weaker attack damaged him but Guradians failed to put down much weaker opponents.

supremeintelligence

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@royal_warrior: destroying and controlling are two separate things. you can't just relate them to one another and expect them to be the same

if I wanted to use mind control on someone I can't just control part of their minds and expect them to be enslaved. I have to control all of it hence all or nothing. like I said before the source wall acts as one consciousness and can only be controlled as one even if he only decided to move part of it.

regardless of the range of effect, the source wall is still more advanced than the phalanx and even if its just a small part

beatboks1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@royal_warrior: I've notbsaid who wins, simply that hacking doesnt give a win