jashro44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Battle Of The Week Results!

No Caption Provided

For this week's battle of the week we had a classic marvel vs DC showdown! We put the merc with mouth himself Deadpool against everyone's favorite DC character Batman! Who came out on top between these two very popular characters? The answer was Batman! The polls were extremely close, with 118 votes....But batman managed to pull ahead with 51% of the votes. Why did he win? Lets check some of the arguments!

Arguments Of The Week!

@elijah_c_washington said:

To me, it seems Deadpool's core advantages are physical superiority, healing/durability/pain tolerance, and unpredictability. Not to undermine the importance of those factors, but I think Batman takes a clear advantage in pretty much every other category.

Deadpool is physically superior to Bruce, but in some categories (particularly speed) the difference is minimal, and Batman has a decent track record against physically superior foes. In Detective Comics 700-something, Batman actually defeats Deathstroke (who was amnesiac but had retained his skill), and Slade is fairly comparable to Wade in all relevant physical categories. Granted, Bruce was bested several times before he utilized stealth to take the advantage, but that same strategy is applicable against Wade as well, and I'd argue Deathstroke is a greater threat than Wade to begin with.

Deadpool is certainly a match for Bruce, but his showings against comparably skilled fighters (Daredevil, Moon Knight, etc) have been somewhat underwhelming, meanwhile Bruce seems to bring his best against physically superior enemies. It seems pure technical skill is a good counter to Wade's abilities consistently, and that fact alone is a huge advantage for Batman. It'll take Bruce some time, but once he realizes Wade can heal from lethal wounds (something Wade is liable to shout out mid fight) I think Bruce would take the fight 6-7 times out of 10.

@allstarsuperman said:

This is a good fight, but Batman does eventually win. We can all agree that he has more and better skill feats. Deadpool may go for the kill, but that's nothing new for Bruce. Bruce's stealth will allow him to get the drop on Wade. Between being the first to attack and Deadpool not taking the fight seriously at the start, Bruce will realize Deadpool is enhanced and has a healing factor. Then he'll start using much more lethal moves, but as he does Wade will get serious. Here's where the fight really starts, Batman can dodge Wade's gun fire for a long time, he's dodged superior and Wade hasn't ever tagged anyone notable with his guns. In melee, Batman has countered and even beaten superior sword users then Wade, Ra's and Deathstroke being the primary example. Deadpools healing is always gonna bring him back, but it's not always fast enough to keep him in a fight. Batman has ways around it, various gases, explosives, and batarang lines which could tie Wade up. Daredevil recently pulled of the last on Wade. People like to talk up Wades "unpredictablity/wisecracks" but that's nothing new for Bruce either. If Bruce can take down Joker, who's actually so smart he only appears insane, then I have a hard time believing Deadpool is too much for Bruce. Jason's "wisecracks" were only effective on Bruce because he knew him personally. Wade doesn't have that going for him. Still, this will be a good fight, but in a random encounter, I see Bruce taking a 7/10 pretty decisively.

@owie said:

I feel like I can go for Batman with a reasonable majority without too much concern. In pure H2H with no other factors, Batman is probably coming out on top. Deadpool is highly skilled, and has fought well against other highly skilled opponents, but he's also been beaten by Moon Knight. In terms of tactical smarts--and given the 150' starting distance, tactics are going to play a big role--Batman is the clear choice. In terms of gear, Deadpool usually has lots of stuff, from bladed weapons to guns to explosives, but that's nothing that Batman hasn't faced before, and Batman is packing all kinds of stuff from sonics to gas to freeze pellets that can work on Deadpool. And finally, there is the question of Deadpool's healing factor. Batman is one of those guys who is in a perfect position to deal with that, since incapacitation is one of the possible win conditions. All he has to do is tie him up after temporarily taking him down with one of the non-lethal weapons above.

Don't get me wrong, Deadpool will give him a great fight, and could win some, but Deadpool doesn't have the kinds of skills or tactics that a real Batman contender like, say, Deathstroke, has. Batman will take the majority.

EDIT: The one place where Deadpool has the advantage is physical stats. But I don't think that's enough to tip the balance when the other factors, particularly gear and tactics, are taken into account.

@jacthripper said:

To keep it quick and to the point, I think Deadpool should win. Why? Knowledge. Batman has fought characters similar to Deadpool in durability and regeneration and beaten them, however, he goes into those fights knowing exactly what they're capable of, and how to best deal with them. In this situation, a random encounter, he has no idea what he's up against, and he'll likely determine that the Merc with the Mouth is just that. The issue for Batman is that he will perform non-lethal actions (at least to normal humans) so what he may expect to KO Deadpool if he was a regular guy won't here. I'd see Bruce kicking the mud out of Wade, and when he thinks that it's over, Wade stabbing or shooting him, because that's exactly what he would do. Batman has struggled with and loss to less than Deadpool in unexpected encounters, it's just the way his character is written. He might lose once, but after that he won't again. Here, if you take it as a random, Wade is simply going to win most scenarios. If Wayne knows what Deadpool is capable of, I'd give him the win more often than not, but without explicit knowledge of Wade's abilities, he's going to struggle and ultimately lose.

Disclaimer: I have not seen the Deadpool film, and probably won't fountil it's on DVD. I'm not bandwagon ing on this.

No Caption Provided

Thanks again for any support and help for these sporadic fun comments. Battle Forums have a lot to offer in terms of discussion, Tournaments, and Challenge a Viner. The only place to discuss dream matches you would never get to discuss anywhere else. Also if there is any artist who like to make some art for these segments, please do PM me. I post regularly in the Artist Show Off for talent want to make a quick sketch for recognition of their skills.

Also big thanks to...

k4tzm4n, Sirfizzwhizz, Laflux, Lukehero, TheNewBlueBeetle007, HigorM, Cosmicallyaware1, Floopay, YourNeighborhoodComicGeek, Wyldsong, Lvenger, Tparks, as well any others who jump on board with this project.

Also for those that are interested the winner of the character of the month for March was.....

No Caption Provided
Spawn!
Spawn!

After 96 votes, Spawn managed to generate 24% of the votes! This means that starting next week Spawn will have an entire month of battles! If anyone has any suggestions on worthy opponents Spawn feel free to suggest them below!

Cream_God

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

Lord Chew would be pleased

cadencev2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Everyone bitched that I was influencing characters I like into the last few Battle of the Weeks, and yet everyone voted for one of my favorite, and non mainstream characters for the month.

As someone said in a PM, Ironic.

depinhom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 11

@jashro44: Hey, can I ask you a question? How did you get the results of the last poll in your thread? Is it possible to like save them as a picture?

jashro44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@depinhom said:

@jashro44: Hey, can I ask you a question? How did you get the results of the last poll in your thread? Is it possible to like save them as a picture?

I take screen shots with my computer and than just post the results from my desktop.

depinhom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 11

owie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

#7 owie  Moderator

Cool, glad Spawn got the votes. Looking forward to it.

jashro44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@depinhom said:

@jashro44: Ah okay thanks

No problem.

@owie said:

I really hope people offer suggestions because it will be tough to find 4 opponents for Spawn.....

owie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 owie  Moderator

@jashro44 said:

@owie said:

I really hope people offer suggestions because it will be tough to find 4 opponents for Spawn.....

I'll try to do some brainstorming. But I agree, I am not clear myself on exactly what his power level is, if he's more of a powered brick or a high-level demonic-power user. I saw a good Daimon Hellstrom/Spawn CAV a while ago, which leads me to think the latter. That might have been a different version of Spawn though.

ScouterV

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@owie said:
@jashro44 said:
@owie said:

I'll try to do some brainstorming. But I agree, I am not clear myself on exactly what his power level is, if he's more of a powered brick or a high-level demonic-power user. I saw a good Daimon Hellstrom/Spawn CAV a while ago, which leads me to think the latter. That might have been a different version of Spawn though.

Off the top of my head:

Spawn

Dante

Vergil

Kratos

Wonder Woman

Dracule Mihawk

Ghost Rider (Daniel or Johnny)

Devil Jin

Beerus

Ragna the Bloodedge

John Constantine with Prep

Sasuke Uchiha

Madara Uchiha

Just a few I thought of. Not sure if any of them would work though. I've heard tell Spawn is Ungodly powerful at his max.

jashro44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@scouterv: I can't use DBZ character due to the rule on comicvine. Spawn's power level varies quite a bit to my knowledge so I will consider some of those ideas. I probably wont use Constantine with prep though.

cadencev2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@scouterv: Meh.

Dante - This been done to death, and Spawn will always win.

Vergil - Not even close.

Kratos - Not even close.

Wonder Woman - its really just a argument if he can be decapitated in a speed blitz or not.

Dracule Mihawk - who!?

Ghost Rider (Daniel or Johnny) - Interesting battle but as the resident expert on both characters, Spawn wins more often than loses. Downing Spawn be a even match up.

Devil Jin - Not even close.

Beerus - LOL I love to slap down DBZ fans, but that wont happen.

Ragna the Bloodedge - Not even close.

John Constantine with Prep - Constatine beats anyone with prep, prep is not quantifiable, and plot driven.

Sasuke Uchiha - Not even close.

Madara Uchiha - Not even close.

Just a few I thought of. Not sure if any of them would work though.

I like GR vs Downing Spawn, but no one knows Downing Spawn that well.

I've heard tell Spawn is Ungodly powerful at his max.

Skyfather level, Hell lord level, and even Universe level in one form. On average he is Silver Surfer level.

Avatar image for elijah_c_washington
Elijah_C_Washington

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Whoever made that first argument really knew what he was talking about.

Avatar image for deactivated-59dfd33ed3601
deactivated-59dfd33ed3601

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The result is crap

Avatar image for darkroseironavenger
DarkRoseIronAvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jashro44: now I've always wanted to see spawn vs death from Darksiders.

Now im pretty sure you would get a decent amount of discussion on it.

Could spawn beat Odin ?

cadencev2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

robertloucksjr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Deadpool wins the majority against Batman in random encounters. Stronger, almost impossible for a peak human to put down. Bag whose inside is big as a warehouse full of high end military grade weapons.

owie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 owie  Moderator

@jashro44: @cadencev2: Well, here's my thoughts, after looking at his powers at bit, and taking cadence's comments above into consideration. I tried to bracket a bit, with some probably a little low and some a little high:

Ronan

Mandarin

Ikaris

Nimrod

Douglock

Etrigan

Selene

Dr Doom

Pitch (Rise of the Guardians)

Maxima

Hela

Stardust

Apocalypse

High Evolutionary

Yoda

Adam Warlock

Apocalypse Twins (no chrono-manipulation)

Scarlet Witch

Thor

Annihilus

Avatar image for deactivated-60fae469e992f
deactivated-60fae469e992f

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@cadencev2: @jashro44: Here are some Ideas for Spawn matchups

Adam Warlock

Dr Doom

Sailor Saturn

Imotekh the Stormlord

Annhilius

Ultron

Superman

Apocalypse

Dr Fate

Mandarin

Alucard

Lobo

Mephisto, Satannish or Dormammu (in one of Spawn's more powerful forms)

Onslaught

Scarlet Witch

Inuyasha

Lvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 50

User Lists: 18

This was a damn close match up from the poll results. I think my opinion on it has gone back and forth during my time on CV. When I first saw Gregg do a Does Batman always win? article on it, I disagreed with his opinion on it as I thought Batman could win. Then some Deadpool arguments and CAVs a few years later made me think Deadpool could win but recently I'm back where I was and agree with the view that Batman can take a majority of victories due to his skill and gear as mentioned in the arguments for him. It's as close as the polls rate it though.

cadencev2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers