Battle Of The Week: Hulk VS Thor

This topic is locked from further discussion.

jashro44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Edited By jashro44

Poll Battle Of The Week: Hulk VS Thor (325 votes)

Hulk 42%
Thor 50%
To Close To Call 8%
No Caption Provided

Nuff said

Match Rules

• Combatants are in character.
  • This is a random encounter (no prep for either side) and both characters have standard gear.
  • They're fighting in a generic city setting. They're in a 2x2 block area which is unpopulated, but everything around that section is full of civilians and both characters are aware of this. It takes place during the day and they start roughly 200 feet apart and visible. Everything in the city (let's say the city is the size of Manhattan and surrounded by ocean) is on limits.
  • Hulk is Bruce Banner in his Savage Hulk Persona
  • Thor is Worthy standard 616 (Pre-original Sin)
  • This thread will be locked at the end of the week
  • Please keep in mind that I will be reading the thread so make sure to debate within forum rules (I really don't want to hand out warnings)
  • Incapacitation, knockout, or death all count as elimination. Making a tactical retreat counts as a loss, too. "What's a tactical retreat?" It's leaving the fight with the intention of not returning to the battle in the immediate future. Going to another spot in the environment to catch your breath for a moment or two or for a tactical advantage is not a tactical retreat. No BFR
  • Treating everyone else in the debate with respect is a sign of a good debater. If you think someone's saying something that just isn't true, go ahead and stick to the facts to point out why. There's no need at all to drop insults just because you disagree with someone. This is just talking about a fictional fight, there's no need for immaturity and mudslinging about fan fic.
  • If you think the poll isn't going how it should, making an informative post about why a character is being underestimated and spreading the word is far more useful than complaining.
  • One more thing: you don't need to write an essay to have your post highlighted in Friday's article. Sometimes concise posts can be way more effective than a flood of paragraphs.
  • Votes last till Friday, and the votes will be posted in the OP to see where combatants stand by Friday. Votes do not determine who wins, only who the majority at the time sides with.

Special thanks to @k4tzm4n for allowing me and other users to continue making these battle of the week threads

• 
Warlockmage

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

User Lists: 3

Oh boy. what on Earth have you done? YOUVE DOOOMED US ALL

that being said Thor should take a slight majority

@heirtothekingdom i wanna see some Thor support here bro. ill do my best to add on

incursion2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Thor's got this, it will be tough since there in a city and in character, but I believe that the God of Thunder, if he fights smart, should be to versatile for the Hulk in the end

buildhare

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By buildhare

To close to call

Thor would take a majority somewhere else or if he wasn't holding back but he's handicapped by morals here and it really could go either way.

Avatar image for allstarsuperman
AllStarSuperman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

#4  Edited By AllStarSuperman  Online

Thor, god blast, gg, get rekt.

Khaji-Da

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Hulk should win because he is faster, stronger, has a better regenerative healing factor , and gets stronger as the match goes on. Not to mention that Thor's fighting style plays into the hands of the Hulk.

lukespeedblitz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Banner

mysticmedivh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

hatemalingsia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Avatar image for racksonracksonracks
racksonracksonracks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Thor laugh at hulk punches wit celestial tanking durability den .5 shots Hulk to Hel.

Warlockmage

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@khaji-da said:

Hulk should win because he is faster, stronger, has a better regenerative healing factor , and gets stronger as the match goes on. Not to mention that Thor's fighting style plays into the hands of the Hulk.

Thor's striking feats surpass that of Hulks (again even most Hulk fans acknowledge) . not to mention Thor's base durability is also higher.

Khaji-Da

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@khaji-da said:

Thor's striking feats surpass that of Hulks (again even most Hulk fans acknowledge) . not to mention Thor's base durability is also higher.

Striking feats is debatable but I'm willing to debate you on it. Durability is something I didn't bring up. Since you didn't pick the other points I made, I take you you accept that Hulk is faster, stronger, has a better healing factor and gets stronger as the match goes on, along with the fact that Thor's fighting style plays into the hands of the Hulk.

Avatar image for deactivated-613e82c4b95f9
deactivated-613e82c4b95f9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 201

@khaji-da said:

Thor has never destroyed a planet by causing an impact.

Warlockmage

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@khaji-da: no i dont concede Hulk is stronger. Hulk hasnt lifted anything planetary (Thor lifted the Midgard Serpent which was crushing the Earth, it was so big it literally wrapped itself around Earth) but lifting strength is useless in fights. Hulk is faster but not by a noticeable margin. and seeing as his healing factor has still allowed him to lose to Thor on more than one occasion its not like Thor cant overcome it (because he has before)

there is no debate on Striking Power. Thor has hit Gorr so hard it shattered the nearby Moon (that dwarfs anything Hulk has done and i know you have seen that feat.) Thor with Mijonir> is superior to Hulks striking feats. there is no debate there

GhostRavage

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

@khaji-da said:

Thor has better striking strength but there's no such thing as "base" durability for Hulk. The guy has been consistently shrugging off attacks that actually damage Thor and has been consistently operating on planetary scale without much effort nor "anger management" but rather off the bat.

Khaji-Da

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@khaji-da: no i dont concede Hulk is stronger. Hulk hasnt lifted anything planetary (Thor lifted the Midgard Serpent which was crushing the Earth, it was so big it literally wrapped itself around Earth) but lifting strength is useless in fights. Hulk is faster but not by a noticeable margin. and seeing as his healing factor has still allowed him to lose to Thor on more than one occasion its not like Thor cant overcome it (because he has before)

there is no debate on Striking Power. Thor has hit Gorr so hard it shattered the nearby Moon (that dwarfs anything Hulk has done and i know you have seen that feat.) Thor with Mijonir> is superior to Hulks striking feats. there is no debate there

no i dont concede Hulk is stronger. Hulk hasnt lifted anything planetary

Held a star on his back less than a year ago.

Hulk is faster but not by a noticeable margin.

Thor can't hit Quicksilver unless he shoots an area of effect attack. Hulk has caught Quicksilver twice.

seeing as his healing factor has still allowed him to lose to Thor on more than one occasion its not like Thor cant overcome it

To my knowledge Thor has not beaten Hulk since before Hulks Planet Hulk upgrade. Not that it matters since you admitted Hulk's healing factor is better, which it is.

there is no debate on Striking Power. Thor has hit Gorr so hard it shattered the nearby Moon (that dwarfs anything Hulk has done and i know you have seen that feat.)

Hulk has broken an asteroid twice the size of Earth.

jayskee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Thor. I could have sworn he's beaten the hulk a couple times.

conner_wolf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Khaji-Da

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jayskee said:

Thor. I could have sworn he's beaten the hulk a couple times.

I'm almost certain Thor has not beaten Hulk since Hulk's Planet Hulk upgrade.

Avatar image for heirtothekingdom
HeirToTheKingdom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@warlockmage: I got ya man, I'll defend Thor. Didn't even see this, thanks for the tag.

Avatar image for heirtothekingdom
HeirToTheKingdom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This would actually be a rat here interesting battle despite what many would think. There is actually quite a few factors that can come into pay. Let's start with the first one, random encounter.

Since this is a random encounter, I believe both sides have a advantage. On Hulk's side, it's the fact Thor has no knowledge on him and will most likely try to brawl it out with him. This is one thing that doesn't work all to well for most characters because of Hulk's strength, durability, and healing factor. Don't get me wrong, this also works for Thor because that means he'll release more power in his fight because he shares no connection to Bruce Banner. If I'm getting this right, this random encounter means they don't know of each other, correct? That means that Thor won't hold back as much against Bruce, which some heroes have stated they did for feeling bad for him when he transforms. All in all, this helps them both.

As for the battle, I will always be under the impression that Hulk is stronger and Thor is more powerful. It will probably always be that way for as long as we know the characters. In terms of raw strength, Hulk edges Thor out, however in terms of overall power Thor has the Hulk beat. In all honesty, I always felt that the strength advantage Hulk had over Thor wasn't as big as the overall power advantage Thor has over the Hulk.

The two have several advantages in this debate, the Hulk's being his strength, healing factor, and I guess you can say durability. As for Thor, he strikes harder, he can fly, he's more versatile (more options than punches) and more powerful. I honestly don't see speed being a factor here because it's never really a big factor in any of their battles. The two usually brawl at similarly speeds and if I had to be completely honest, if I had to chose who has shown to be faster, Thor has shown to be a little faster in battles.

To conclude, I think this is a close battle despite what many would think. Though Thor is undoubtedly more powerful, his way of fighting brings him down a notch to where Thor can actually knock him flat out. This battle can go either way, but I still give Thor the advantage for having more options and being more powerful. The Hulk is going to give him a run for his money like he always does, with his surpassing strength and durability, not to mention his insane healing factor. However, the Thunder God edges him out here.

mysticmedivh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

TifaLockhart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

Historically, Hulk has the advantage. Given the battle parameters and Thor's MO of brawling, I voted for Hulk.

Khaji-Da

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Thor definitely. Hulk and Thor are tied in there in comic fights, but Thor's numerous powers are to much for Hulk. Thor can simply turn Hulk into Banner immediately by absorbing the gamma radiation.

This goes to my point of why Hulk wins. Thor and Hulk traded wins over each other and this was before Hulks big power upgrade in Planet Hulk. So logically the conclusion is that since they used to beat each other it was almost a toss up of who would win. And now that Hulk got a big upgrade, he wins.

Cor_Tsar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Hulk. Thor's morals hold him back too much in this setting. He won't be striking as hard as he could be, won't be using omni-directional attacks, and by the time Thor would even think of using the Godblast Hulk will be at the point where he could probably pummel him. That's just my opinion though.

Bones309

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No Caption Provided

Khaji-Da

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@khaji-da: no he wouldn't because Hulk should never win, ever. Thor has everything he needs to murder stomp hulk, but the writers like to have them fight because it gets people to buy comics and keeps up the controversy. Thor is slightly weaker than hulk, but he is far more powerful and versatile. Villains Thor goes mono a mono with would make hulk crap his pants. Thor can end this the easy way by draining hulk of his power or he can do it the hard way, by magical lightninging hulk into oblivion.

I agree but that is not how this battle forum or even comic books work.

jayskee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@khaji-da:

Have they found since then?

Khaji-Da

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@khaji-da: I know this is not how comics work, but this is indeed how these forums work, we look at who should wand we decide logically, at least some of us do. By feats Thor would utterly stomp hulk, its only when you look at their battles against each other that people become confused into thinking hulk would stand a chance.

Actually, its not how these forums work at all. This is not about who has the most powers or who is stronger and thats it. Think about how boring that would be. Instead, this forum actually works based off of their feats and how they are consistently portrayed in comics. After you take all of that into account, you then think about who would win the majority of 10 fights. I'm using the words from the Comicvine moderators rule book. I'm not making up rules or giving you an opinion on how battles should work, I'm giving you factual evidence on how these battle forums actually work.

jashro44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@bones309: Not really sure what the point of your comment is....The thread hasn't been bad yet.

god_spawn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 43

User Lists: 10

#34 god_spawn  Moderator

This would actually be a rat here interesting battle despite what many would think. There is actually quite a few factors that can come into pay. Let's start with the first one, random encounter.

Since this is a random encounter, I believe both sides have a advantage. On Hulk's side, it's the fact Thor has no knowledge on him and will most likely try to brawl it out with him. This is one thing that doesn't work all to well for most characters because of Hulk's strength, durability, and healing factor. Don't get me wrong, this also works for Thor because that means he'll release more power in his fight because he shares no connection to Bruce Banner. If I'm getting this right, this random encounter means they don't know of each other, correct? That means that Thor won't hold back as much against Bruce, which some heroes have stated they did for feeling bad for him when he transforms. All in all, this helps them both.

As for the battle, I will always be under the impression that Hulk is stronger and Thor is more powerful. It will probably always be that way for as long as we know the characters. In terms of raw strength, Hulk edges Thor out, however in terms of overall power Thor has the Hulk beat. In all honesty, I always felt that the strength advantage Hulk had over Thor wasn't as big as the overall power advantage Thor has over the Hulk.

The two have several advantages in this debate, the Hulk's being his strength, healing factor, and I guess you can say durability. As for Thor, he strikes harder, he can fly, he's more versatile (more options than punches) and more powerful. I honestly don't see speed being a factor here because it's never really a big factor in any of their battles. The two usually brawl at similarly speeds and if I had to be completely honest, if I had to chose who has shown to be faster, Thor has shown to be a little faster in battles.

To conclude, I think this is a close battle despite what many would think. Though Thor is undoubtedly more powerful, his way of fighting brings him down a notch to where Thor can actually knock him flat out. This battle can go either way, but I still give Thor the advantage for having more options and being more powerful. The Hulk is going to give him a run for his money like he always does, with his surpassing strength and durability, not to mention his insane healing factor. However, the Thunder God edges him out here.

I can agree with this.

Khaji-Da

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By Khaji-Da

@khaji-da said:
@asgardianbrony said:

@khaji-da: I know this is not how comics work, but this is indeed how these forums work, we look at who should wand we decide logically, at least some of us do. By feats Thor would utterly stomp hulk, its only when you look at their battles against each other that people become confused into thinking hulk would stand a chance.

Actually, its not how these forums work at all. This is not about who has the most powers or who is stronger and thats it. Think about how boring that would be. Instead, this forum actually works based off of their feats and how they are consistently portrayed in comics. After you take all of that into account, you then think about who would win the majority of 10 fights. I'm using the words from the Comicvine moderators rule book. I'm not making up rules or giving you an opinion on how battles should work, I'm giving you factual evidence on how these battle forums actually work.

I specifically said by feats. By feats and common sense Thor would utterly stomp hulk.

You said

"no he wouldn't because Hulk should never win, ever. Thor has everything he needs to murder stomp hulk, but the writers like to have them fight because it gets people to buy comics and keeps up the controversy."

I was just pointing out that this is not how the forums work. This isnt about how you feel the writers are doing things incorrectly. You also said

"but he is far more powerful and versatile."

Again, I was just pointing out that we don't vote like this either. We don't vote on who is more versatile. Thor hardly ever uses it to his advantage and so therefore we can't say he would use his vast power set to beat Hulk here very many times out of the 10 battles the forum rules tells us to use and think of.

Villains Thor goes mono a mono with would make hulk crap his pants.

Once again, I just want you to know that we don't vote on battles with this line of thinking. A characters rogue gallery has little impact on how the voting rules tells us to vote.

Thor can end this the easy way by draining hulk of his power

No he wouldn't. Again and again I will point you to the battle forum rules. This is not how things work around here. You don't just get to pick and choose abilities to say your favorite character wins.

By feats and common sense Thor would utterly stomp hulk.

Any logical user who is not a fanboy will tell you that your wrong about this statement. Thor and Hulk fans will both tell you it is not a stomp. I'm not surprised your saying these outrageously wrong comments, but I still want to correct you.

Khaji-Da

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jashro44: Can you do me a solid and explain how we are supposed to vote in battle threads to @asgardianbrony . I think it would better serve me if a moderator widely respected such as yourself explained it and I think it would save everyone a ton of time.

jashro44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@khaji-da said:

@jashro44: Can you do me a solid and explain how we are supposed to vote in battle threads to @asgardianbrony . I think it would better serve me if a moderator widely respected such as yourself explained it and I think it would save everyone a ton of time.

There isn't really a specific rule with voting. Its advised users use feats.

Khaji-Da

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jashro44 said:
@khaji-da said:

There isn't really a specific rule with voting. Its advised users use feats.

I'm trying to get him to understand the part in the forum rules where it is stated that we are to use the power levels they are consistently portrayed as having and to take their personalities, habits and fighting styles into account. I'm attempting to explain to him why he can't just pick a random power from a character and say that this character definitively wins because said character has this power. Is this not how the battle forums work anymore?

killraven4334

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By killraven4334

@khaji-da: What power upgrade are you speaking of? After Planet Hulk, Indestructible Hulk was at normal savage hulk levels. Followed by Dr. Green who was by most accounts weaker than Savage Hulk, but if I am missing an explicit stated increase in power please show me the scan of it cause I must have missed it during the whole red hulk debacle.

Thor also at the point of exhaustion, after constant battling against Sins forcers killed worthy thing, then hit hulk so hard he knocked him into orbit. While Worthy Hulk wasn't KOd by it, and BFR is off the table here, its quite reasonable to assume without the worthy amp, worthy hulk gets knocked out, it not by the impact of mjolnir but by the impact of thor hitting him at lightspeed as he re-enters earths orbit. Since he can't fly, he can't avoid thor's travel speed bullrush. The bullrush that Thor hurt galactus with, would easily KO savage hulk.

Why would thor choose to fight this way? Random encounter, Thor would want to get away from civilians, removing the Hulk from the battlefield and hitting him with everything hes got away from civilians would be the best way to guarantee no collateral damage. To recap, Thor knocks Hulk into orbit above the city, since BFR won't win it, Thor follows him and upon Hulks re-entry, Thor hits him with everything hes got before Hulk can crash back into the populated area.

senglord

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Forty posts, six gifs, and not one bloody scan of evidencr

Nima_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ghostravage@atheistknowledge Can either of you maybe cite the fight record between these 2 with context? Embarrassingly, the only fight I have read between the 2 is Nul vs Thor which is a fight that may not be applicable here.

Khaji-Da

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@khaji-da: What power upgrade are you speaking of? After Planet Hulk, Indestructible Hulk was at normal savage hulk levels. Followed by Dr. Green who was by most accounts weaker than Savage Hulk, but if I am missing an explicit stated increase in power please show me the scan of it cause I must have missed it during the whole red hulk debacle.

Thor also at the point of exhaustion, after constant battling against Sins forcers killed worthy thing, then hit hulk so hard he knocked him into orbit. While Worthy Hulk wasn't KOd by it, and BFR is off the table here, its quite reasonable to assume without the worthy amp, worthy hulk gets knocked out, it not by the impact of mjolnir but by the impact of thor hitting him at lightspeed as he re-enters earths orbit. Since he can't fly, he can't avoid thor's travel speed bullrush. The bullrush that Thor hurt galactus with, would easily KO savage hulk.

It was explained in the comic books and in Marvel entries. I'll do a google search and post the pictures.

tensor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

This should be interesting.