• 174 results
k4tzm4n

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

User Lists: 1

Edited By k4tzm4n  Moderator

Our current Character of the Week, Oliver Queen, a.k.a. Green Arrow, has overcome his first challenge in this segment. Last week the Emerald Archer was forced to fight Black Widow and a firm majority of the voters sided with him. Will he claim another victory or will his second Battle of the Week leave him bloody and on the floor? We're about to find out as he faces his next challenger: Elektra!

Will the swift assassin deflect arrows and then drop the DC marksman in close range? Or will Oliver's skill with a bow and variety of trick arrows keep the Marvel character down for the count? Does he have the hand-to-hand abilities and means to contest if Elektra gets close to him? Can she withstand the variety of trick arrows he has at his disposal? Maybe you think this one's a coin flip and believe they have an equal chance of winning the brawl? If you've already made up your mind, you can go vote in the poll below. For everyone else, there's no rush to vote just yet. Give it some thought, see what other people have to say, and then be sure to vote before the poll closes this Friday morning. Now, go read the rules and spend some time thinking about this match!

No Caption Provided

Match Rules

• Combatants are in character.
  • This is a random encounter (aka no prep for either side).
  • Elektra has standard gear.
  • Green Arrow has his New 52 gear. For simplicity's sake, let's say pre-52 feats are applicable.
  • They're fighting in a generic downtown city setting. It's unpopulated, at night and all standard city lights remain on. Assume they start roughly 30 feet apart and visible. However, there is a good amount of cover in the location (parked vehicles, bus stops and such) and the entire area is on limits (alleys, rooftops, building interiors, the sewer, etc).
  • Incapacitation, knockout or death all count as elimination. Making a tactical retreat counts as a loss, too. "What's a tactical retreat?" It's leaving the fight with the intention of not returning to the battle in the immediate future. Going to another spot in the environment to catch your breath for a moment or two or for a tactical advantage is not a tactical retreat.
  • Hey, you know what would be really cool? Treating everyone else in the debate with respect. If you think someone's saying something that just isn't true, go ahead and stick to the facts to point out why. There's no need at all to drop insults just because you disagree with someone. Seriously, this is just talking about a fictional fight, there's no need for immaturity and mudslinging.
  • If you think the poll isn't going how it should, making an informative post about why a character is being underestimated and spreading the word is far more useful than complaining. Just saying.
  • One more thing: you don't need to write an essay to have your post highlighted in Friday's article. Sometimes concise posts can be way more effective than a flood of paragraphs.
No Caption Provided

Check the homepage this Friday for an updated article with the following:

• Thoughts from the staff.
  • Viner Arguments for both characters.
  • If we're lucky, blurbs from industry talent.

Want to suggest a match for an upcoming edition of the Battle of the Week with Green Arrow? Tell us below or share it via twitter.

k4tzm4n

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1  Edited By k4tzm4n  Moderator

If you have difficulty voting, try the following:

• Refresh the page. That seems to fix it for most people.
  • Try voting through a different browser.
  • If nothing works, please report it here.
Avatar image for timelordscience
TimeLordScience

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Elektra has some extremely impressive dodging and blocking feats. Ollie will have trouble with her unless he utilizes his trick arrows very well.

Mucklefluga

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 5

It's gotta be Elektra.

Artyom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Green Arrow

The_Titan_Lord

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Elektra.

TheVivas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Ends in sex....again

Avatar image for fallschirmjager
Fallschirmjager

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

User Lists: 16

@thevivas said:

Ends in sex....again

Ollie is getting lucky as hell.

lagozzino

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

Even if you try to discount Elektra's considerable reflexes, fighting skills, and mystical abilities, the deciding factor here is that, according to the rules, these two are in-character. Elektra's first instinct when being attacked is to go in for the kill. Ollie would be wasting time with trick arrows and trying to subdue her in a non-lethal manner, while Elektra would be trying to gut him or snap his neck pretty much the instant that she identifies him as a threat.

Avatar image for immortalteknique
ImmortalTeknique

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I give Elektra the slight edge. She's got some TP'ish abilities that I think can turn the fight in her favor and if it comes down to H2H I think Elektra may have Ollie's number there.

Gracetrack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

senglord

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Electra has too much experience having better fights with a far better marksman.

She has given Bullseye problems, and she has obvious issues fighting Bullseye, Green Arrow does not bring anything that she has not dealt with on a regular basis.

Electra 7/10.

Oliver will get some wins due to novelty and seeing the danger Electra poses. The losses are when he underestimates how outmatched he is in melee.

NimaMindTricks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Elektra has closed the gap between her against guys like Bullseye, Dare Devil, Punisher, Cape Crow, Lady Bullseye, etc. and I don't see this encounter being any different. She dodges and blocks full auto artillery fire. Arrows will be a walk in the park. Once the gap is closed, I see her going straight for an incap attack or maybe even the kill.

Elektra ftw

nefarious

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#15  Edited By nefarious  Online

Elektra. More skilled, agile, etc.

NighThunder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

Going with elektra due to reasons previously stated. She's fully capable of closing the gap between her and ol' olly, and when that happens olly just won't be able to win. It's possible Olly can get a few good lucky shott's in, however I just don't see that happening, So unless Olly can somehow make this end in sex, Elektra's gonna take him out.

lagozzino

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By lagozzino

And since you people are big on "feats", here's one of my favorite action scenes from "Elektra: Assassin" (basically the definitive Elektra story) in which she casually kills a bunch of SHIELD soldiers without having to move from the spot she's standing in.

First she throws a grown man through a door just by roaring at him
First she throws a grown man through a door just by roaring at him
Then she kills off 5 or 6 more guys just by casually tossing a handful of glass at them.
Then she kills off 5 or 6 more guys just by casually tossing a handful of glass at them.
And in a final moment of badassery she catches a bullet in her bare hand before killing the rest of the them off-panel.
And in a final moment of badassery she catches a bullet in her bare hand before killing the rest of the them off-panel.
axle124

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By axle124

I think the conditions of the fight favor Elektra,,, but I am not sure what Arrow's standard gear is???...He doesn't happen to have a sword does he??? if he does then that changes my mind...But for now its Elektra unless Ollie has his sword... His arrows won't amount to much and Ollie is slightly below E in skill, not by much tho...

HushoftheWind

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By HushoftheWind

Ollie h2h maybe increased in the new 52 somewhat, but not good enough to deal with the likes of Electra. Ollie gear is gives him the edge, but Electra will not be an easy target to hit. Hell there may even be times where it will look like Electra will vanish right under Ollie's nose, b/c she's that fleet footed. I see this being a close fight and being that Ollie is in character his charm will be his downfall as Electra aint having none of that. Electra 6/10.

Now if Electra was fighting Black Canary then that'll be fight i pay to see. I won't go into a debate but i think Dinah clutches that fight. Speaking of Dinah i hope Ollie doesnt have to fight her too down the line.

Avatar image for deactivated-5e8a1f5fafc4e
deactivated-5e8a1f5fafc4e

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

Elektra. Arrows really are of no consequence to someone who can deflect assault rifle fire from multiple shooters with a pair of sai. Elektra need only close the distance and Ollie is done for.

Blackice709

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Electro

Keenko

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 10

@lagozzino: Good scans.

Elektra. She's too fast and deadly for Ollie to beat.

micah007123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

micah007123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By micah007123

Elektra. Plain and simple, she's out of his league.

Lvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 50

User Lists: 18

I'll have a fuller post up later this week but Elektra has caught projectiles thrown by Bullseye whilst she was weakened and far from 100% health in Dark Reign: Elektra.

Just the tip of the iceburg for her superior reflex feats, not to mention her skill and physicals. I think the users will be surprised at how good Elektra's physicals are.

SoA

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

pretty sure the only way this is close is if elektra is drunk and just woke up from a nap .

Supreme_Maj

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Elektra she's too fast for Ollie and she doesn't waist her time under estimating her opponents and her pains tolerance is high green arrow will lose a fight against her surely 7/10

Avatar image for termiteone4ever
termiteone4ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Straight Arrow

Gracetrack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'd like to see quite a few more Electra feats (various). Don't know much about her, but the ones I've seen thus far don't necessarily give her the edge.

Avatar image for deactivated-5c901e667a76c
deactivated-5c901e667a76c

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

After reading all the other arguments, I'll have to go with Elektra.

Night4345

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

Elektra. Arrows really are of no consequence to someone who can deflect assault rifle fire from multiple shooters with a pair of sai. Elektra need only close the distance and Ollie is done for.

This.

NimaMindTricks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'd like to see quite a few more Electra feats (various). Don't know much about her, but the ones I've seen thus far don't necessarily give her the edge.

you're not looking hard enough.

Avatar image for deactivated-5e8a1f5fafc4e
deactivated-5e8a1f5fafc4e

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

RisingBean

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

And again, I can't vote.

lagozzino

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By lagozzino

@soa said:

pretty sure the only way this is close is if elektra is drunk and just woke up from a nap .

No Caption Provided

Seriously, that gave me such a good laugh. Thank you :D

SoA

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

Teerack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 64

I like Green Arrow a lot more then Elektra but there is just no way he could win this.

ZhuRong

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Elektra for the majority. I might be a bit bias since she is one of my favorite characters but good points have already been made. Ollie has been impressive in the New 52 so far but he can't match up to Elektra yet.

ZZoMBiE13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Oh Ollie. You know I like you buddy. I think you're keen.

But there's no way on Earth you'd take Elektra in a fight pal. But don't feel bad, I'd only give Batman 50/50 odds against Elektra.

bloggerboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

serrure

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

User Lists: 17

Oh Ollie. You know I like you buddy. I think you're keen.

But there's no way on Earth you'd take Elektra in a fight pal. But don't feel bad, I'd only give Batman 50/50 odds against Elektra.

yeah when fighting Elektra the best thing to do is go back in time and kill yourself before she gets to you, its just easier that way

sasquatch888

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By sasquatch888

i dont know...bullseye kicked electras ass a few times and killed her once ,,,,,,maybe green arrow can too ...i think ollie could posibly take take this with prep but its a random encounter and it would be the fight of his life ....i pick elektra i think ...i think the new 52 green arrow is a much deeper hand to hand combatant that the pre-52 green arrow was depicted to be..... elektras threshold for pain is remarkable though she could take an arrow or two and still whip his ass maybe ,,,remember she was tortured and experimented on by skrulls in "secret invasion: elektra" damn i like green arrow so much more now after the show and the new 52 ....a tie? 5/5 for each?....nah 7/10 for elektra ...i think if elektra didnt kill him and they had a rematch with prep green arrow could win ...no prep elektra wins thinking out loud in this post.......elektra wins gotta be honest even though i like green arrow more these days

Avatar image for amazing_webhead
amazing_webhead

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

User Lists: 20

Remember what happened last time Elektra faced some who's main thing was good aim? ☠

Gracetrack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By Gracetrack
Avatar image for lone_wolf_and_cub
Lone_Wolf_and_Cub

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

1 Elektra + 1 Ollie= 1 Broken Arrow. Elektra without much difficulty.

NimaMindTricks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Remember what happened last time Elektra faced some who's main thing was good aim? ☠

Uh...yeah she kicked the crap out of him and stabbed him with his own arrow. Don't try and point out a loss than happen 20+ years ago as evidence.

owie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 owie  Moderator

Last week I supported Green Arrow against Black Widow, who may superficially seem similar to Elektra. Elektra is on another level, however, and Elektra takes this.

Elektra is a clearly superior hand to hand combatant over either of them (despite her one-time stalemate against Widow which most consider to be PIS). She is significantly faster. She is incredible at dodging. She has impressive pain resistance. She has redirected a hail of bullets from a machine gun with her said and caught arrows. Her stealth is extremely good. She uses her sai and shuriken as ranged weapons, and honestly I could see her catching his arrows and tossing them back, or cutting his bow string with shuriken.

On the other hand, 30’ gives Green Arrow time to get off several shots, and he does often shoot multiple arrows at once. And his trick arrows are a danger; catch the wrong arrow and you’re potentially in trouble. So I don’t want to downplay him.

However, all together, she has what it takes to close, either directly or through stealth, and take Ollie out.

To those comparing this to the time Bullseye killed her, please recall that this is not the 80s and she has beaten him since. The time when she and DD fought Bullseye together was actually a Skrull, not her.

A fleshed-out scan-based defense to follow tonight.

Elektra respect threads:

http://www.killermovies.com/forums/f98/t502532.html

http://www.comicvine.com/elektra/4005-1802/forums/elektra-respect-thread-1598415/

Lvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 50

User Lists: 18

She beat him in their last fight whilst weakened and after being tortured by Norman Osborn's HAMMER organisation. She can beat Green Arrow too as long as she avoids/blocks his arrows and gets up close.

Dredd_78

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50  Edited By Dredd_78

I'm getting a voting expired message.

Nevermind, it let me vote after a refresh. Elektra.