Avatar image for nelomaxwell
#1 Posted by Nelomaxwell (13343 posts) - - Show Bio

So I was informed that the original version of this got deleted so here goes. Post any ideas you have for Battles/Tournaments/ Gauntlets and the like. I noticed we have a lot of unanswered battles that fall by the way side. You can also if you wish request match ups here. Need a good match up for say Aquaman, post that up and wait for a reply. Sound good aight cool.

Avatar image for ___prodigy___
#2 Posted by (((Prodigy))) (2520 posts) - - Show Bio
@Nelomaxwell said:
So I was informed that the original version of this got deleted so here goes. Post any ideas you have for Battles/Tournaments/ Gauntlets and the like. I noticed we have a lot of unanswered battles that fall by the way side. You can also if you wish request match ups here. Need a good match up for say Aquaman, post that up and wait for a reply. Sound good aight cool.
Good idea, putting this up here.
Avatar image for nelomaxwell
#3 Edited by Nelomaxwell (13343 posts) - - Show Bio
@(((Prodigy))): Thanks 
First Fight. Nighwing vs Grendel Vs Daredevil in a contest of agility.  Good idea or no?
Avatar image for the_thunderer
#4 Posted by The_Thunderer (3120 posts) - - Show Bio

@Nelomaxwell: who is grendel? Put spidey in it or bats?

Avatar image for utotheg38
#5 Posted by utotheg38 (19294 posts) - - Show Bio

Batman vs Martel from full metal alchemist.

No Prep

H2H Only

Takes Place on Carnival cruise ship

Avatar image for nelomaxwell
#6 Posted by Nelomaxwell (13343 posts) - - Show Bio
@The_Thunderer: Spidey is more aglie than them and batman is less. 
  That's Grendel
Grendel
Avatar image for god_spawn
#7 Posted by God_Spawn (40626 posts) - - Show Bio

Good idea. I think this can also avoid all the "who would be a good match for X?" or "who is the strongest person X can beat?".

Moderator
Avatar image for god_spawn
#8 Posted by God_Spawn (40626 posts) - - Show Bio

I was thinking of a fight myself a few weeks ago but I still have some details that need working out.

Bone-Claw Wolverine, Cyclops, Gambit vs Daredevil, Buck/Cap and Captain America.

Morals on.

Standard equipment for most. Buck gets his gun and an extra clip and shield. Daredevil gets 2 batons. Gambit 2 decks and staff.

No visor off.

City setting, abandoned with stationary vehicles. 200 yards away.

5 minutes to come up with a tactical plan.

That's all I got so far.

Moderator
Avatar image for ___prodigy___
#9 Posted by (((Prodigy))) (2520 posts) - - Show Bio
@god_spawn said:

I was thinking of a fight myself a few weeks ago but I still have some details that need working out.

Bone-Claw Wolverine, Cyclops, Gambit vs Daredevil, Buck/Cap and Captain America.

Morals on.

Standard equipment for most. Buck gets his gun and an extra clip and shield. Daredevil gets 2 batons. Gambit 2 decks and staff.

No visor off.

City setting, abandoned with stationary vehicles. 200 yards away.

5 minutes to come up with a tactical plan.

That's all I got so far.

IMO, it looks a bit one-sided for the X-Men. They have a huge advantage at long range, and I don't think any of those three can beat Logan in close quarters. 
Adding another person or two to the Avengers side might help even it out a little. Maybe Hawkeye and/or Moon Knight.
Avatar image for god_spawn
#10 Edited by God_Spawn (40626 posts) - - Show Bio

@(((Prodigy))): And that's why I haven't posted it yet. I feel like one wrong thing and the debate could be one sided. I hindered Wolverine to bone claw and gave the area ample cover with stationary vehicles. Wolverine may be the MVP here, but either 3 of those guys would be trouble for Logan. Cyclops is just the maker or breaker for the thread. Too far and with no cover, he is trouble. Up close against either 3 however, he is in trouble. I just need to find the right median. Thanks for the advice though, I do appreciate it.

Moderator
Avatar image for ___prodigy___
#11 Posted by (((Prodigy))) (2520 posts) - - Show Bio
@god_spawn: That's exactly why a thread like this is useful. There have been far too many times when I've put a decent amount of work into a thread, posted it here, and gotten half a dozen replies saying, "Stomp, stomp, x wins easily, x solos, x probably stomps" and then the thread falls into oblivion never to be seen again.
Avatar image for _psy_
#12 Posted by _Psy_ (3424 posts) - - Show Bio
@utotheg38 said:

Batman vs Martel from full metal alchemist.

No Prep

H2H Only

Takes Place on Carnival cruise ship

Full Metal Alchemist is a Anime, right? :S
Avatar image for utotheg38
#13 Posted by utotheg38 (19294 posts) - - Show Bio

@_Punk_ said:

@utotheg38 said:

Batman vs Martel from full metal alchemist.

No Prep

H2H Only

Takes Place on Carnival cruise ship

Full Metal Alchemist is a Anime, right? :S

Yeah, But one day they'll lift the ban.

I remember one time months ago they did, Even though It was reinstated hours later. XD

Avatar image for nelomaxwell
#14 Posted by Nelomaxwell (13343 posts) - - Show Bio

I'd love to see DD vs Gambit with Gambit unable to charge organic matter or become death. and DD with full knowledge of Gambits abilities.

Avatar image for dangerousloki
#15 Posted by DangerousLoki (729 posts) - - Show Bio

@god_spawn: If it were me. I'd take Cyke out of the equation and put in someone more agile and more on par with DD or Cap. Maybe someone like Beast. I'd also limit Gambit to one deck, that's about equal to a gun. Add that to the fact he can charge the cars or their hubcaps etc. He could just spend all day bombing the other team and keeping them on the defense while Cyclops and Wolive take the fight to them and take them down.

Avatar image for god_spawn
#16 Edited by God_Spawn (40626 posts) - - Show Bio

@DangerousLoki: I think Beast would just lose to any of these 3. His track record is terrible and only looks good on paper. I'm planning on keeping Cykes. I doubt Gambit would use even one full deck in this fight anyway but yeah I can take one out. Thanks for your points though, I'll take them into consideration.

Moderator
Avatar image for nelomaxwell
#17 Posted by Nelomaxwell (13343 posts) - - Show Bio
@god_spawn: Nightcrawler morals on.
Avatar image for cozy_da_djed_eye
#18 Posted by Cozy_Da_Djed_Eye (11039 posts) - - Show Bio

@Good look, cousin.

Avatar image for joeagentofhand1
#19 Posted by joeagentofhand1 (5227 posts) - - Show Bio

Hey is this good? Vigilante(not the western one) and Black Panther(no vibranium weapons) vs Red Robin(preNew 52) and Silver Sable

Avatar image for nelomaxwell
#20 Posted by Nelomaxwell (13343 posts) - - Show Bio
@CozyDaPrynce: Word Cuzo, I posted on your thread.
Avatar image for joeagentofhand1
#21 Posted by joeagentofhand1 (5227 posts) - - Show Bio

@Nelomaxwell: Yeah this is a good thread, because I often make battles that at times people say are mismatch or one character stomps so this helps me. Thank you for this!

Avatar image for nelomaxwell
#22 Posted by Nelomaxwell (13343 posts) - - Show Bio
@joeagentofhand1 said:

Hey is this good? Vigilante(not the western one) and Black Panther(no vibranium weapons) vs Red Robin(preNew 52) and Silver Sable

It could be, Red Robin might be the weak link. Vigilante gave Nightwing a run for his money and Tim isn't as good at throwing down. It depends on if he has prep or not.
Avatar image for nelomaxwell
#23 Posted by Nelomaxwell (13343 posts) - - Show Bio
@joeagentofhand1: No prob bruh
Avatar image for joeagentofhand1
#24 Posted by joeagentofhand1 (5227 posts) - - Show Bio

@Nelomaxwell: If I give team two prep or gave Tim some advantage would the fight be fair?

Avatar image for nelomaxwell
#25 Posted by Nelomaxwell (13343 posts) - - Show Bio
@joeagentofhand1: Yes it would. I think anyway. The only issue is that the Panther is the best fighter and strategist in this fight (In all of Marvel 616 to be honest) and he might be able to see through Tims plan. You could run the fight, I think it might work.
Avatar image for joeagentofhand1
#26 Posted by joeagentofhand1 (5227 posts) - - Show Bio

@Nelomaxwell: Thanks

Avatar image for terry2012
#27 Posted by terry2012 (9256 posts) - - Show Bio

Good idea. Ekeziel Jackson Vs Zeus (Tiny Lister Zeus).

Avatar image for cosmicallyaware1
#28 Posted by cosmicallyaware1 (6756 posts) - - Show Bio

oooh, i got one. I posted a Solar, man of the atom VS new 52 captain atom thread and nobody commented!!?? thought it was a great matchup!!?? any comments/suggestions? i want to put solar against somebody, finding appropriate opponents? maybe Monarch?

Avatar image for nelomaxwell
#29 Posted by Nelomaxwell (13343 posts) - - Show Bio
@terry2012 said:

Good idea. Ekeziel Jackson Vs Zeus (Tiny Lister Zeus).

YES!!  Big Zeke
Avatar image for nelomaxwell
#30 Posted by Nelomaxwell (13343 posts) - - Show Bio
@cosmicallyaware1 said:
oooh, i got one. I posted a Solar, man of the atom VS new 52 captain atom thread and nobody commented!!?? thought it was a great matchup!!?? any comments/suggestions? i want to put solar against somebody, finding appropriate opponents? maybe Monarch?
Hey man not many peolpe know about Solar on here He'd probably kill CA though Solar beat a god in their own realm.
Avatar image for cosmicallyaware1
#31 Posted by cosmicallyaware1 (6756 posts) - - Show Bio

@Nelomaxwell: shame ppl don't know about Solar, he's a bad-ass. Maybe a: Solar VS Dr.Manhattan, Cap Atom, Firestorm, Kyle Rayner ION? Or, how about...... Spectre VS Solar?

Avatar image for nelomaxwell
#32 Posted by Nelomaxwell (13343 posts) - - Show Bio
@cosmicallyaware1: The last one could work. Dr. M is featless against others. CA would probably lose as would Firestorm, ION might work. Most people here are 2 trick ponies unfortunately.
Avatar image for cosmicallyaware1
#33 Posted by cosmicallyaware1 (6756 posts) - - Show Bio

@nelomaxwell: ya, i hear you...grasping at straws! I'm gonna post the specre one and see what happens....

Avatar image for owie
#34 Posted by Owie (6168 posts) - - Show Bio
@Nelomaxwell said:
@(((Prodigy))): Thanks  First Fight. Nighwing vs Grendel Vs Daredevil in a contest of agility.  Good idea or no?
I think that's a pretty solid contest.  Again as we've discussed, Grendel doesn't have as many feats, but I would agree he's at that level.
Avatar image for nelomaxwell
#35 Posted by Nelomaxwell (13343 posts) - - Show Bio
@Owie said:
@Nelomaxwell said:
@(((Prodigy))): Thanks  First Fight. Nighwing vs Grendel Vs Daredevil in a contest of agility.  Good idea or no?
I think that's a pretty solid contest.  Again as we've discussed, Grendel doesn't have as many feats, but I would agree he's at that level.
During the Batman Grendel crossover. Batman said that Grendel was as agile as Dick. So I think he can do this.
Avatar image for owie
#36 Posted by Owie (6168 posts) - - Show Bio
@Nelomaxwell said:
@Owie said:
@Nelomaxwell said:
@(((Prodigy))): Thanks  First Fight. Nighwing vs Grendel Vs Daredevil in a contest of agility.  Good idea or no?
I think that's a pretty solid contest.  Again as we've discussed, Grendel doesn't have as many feats, but I would agree he's at that level.
During the Batman Grendel crossover. Batman said that Grendel was as agile as Dick. So I think he can do this.
True, he had some good on panel agility feats then too actually.
Avatar image for nelomaxwell
#37 Posted by Nelomaxwell (13343 posts) - - Show Bio

I need a good Fight for Vampire hunter D. I was thinking maybe Afro Samurai but D would probably kill him. Any suggestions?

Avatar image for jashro44
#38 Posted by jashro44 (39018 posts) - - Show Bio

Would night crawler vs kraven be any good? Should I give night crawler a weapon?

Moderator
Avatar image for terry2012
#39 Posted by terry2012 (9256 posts) - - Show Bio

@Nelomaxwell: Ok Ok. I'm going with Zeus.

Avatar image for nelomaxwell
#40 Posted by Nelomaxwell (13343 posts) - - Show Bio
@jashro44: It could be depends on which Kraven
Avatar image for jashro44
#41 Posted by jashro44 (39018 posts) - - Show Bio

@Nelomaxwell: I was thinking Sergei. Mostly because I think he is the most commonly known and the one that I'm personally most familiar with.

Moderator
Avatar image for joeagentofhand1
#42 Posted by joeagentofhand1 (5227 posts) - - Show Bio

Kraven's team: Kraven, Fly, Warblade(PreNew 52), and Jango Fett

Gaang: Aang(knows all the elements no avatar state), Katara, Sokka, Toph, and Zuko

Is this battle fair?

Avatar image for nelomaxwell
#43 Posted by Nelomaxwell (13343 posts) - - Show Bio
@joeagentofhand1 said:

Kraven's team: Kraven, Fly, Warblade(PreNew 52), and Jango Fett

Gaang: Aang(knows all the elements no avatar state), Katara, Sokka, Toph, and Zuko

Is this battle fair?

Not really cause the Gaang has all long range feats. How would Kraven's team even get to them? Jango's the only one long range cape.
Avatar image for xmen1963
#44 Posted by XMen1963 (536 posts) - - Show Bio

Hal Jordan Parallax Vs. The Spectre

Avatar image for nelomaxwell
#45 Posted by Nelomaxwell (13343 posts) - - Show Bio
@XMen1963 said:

Hal Jordan Parallax Vs. The Spectre

That is a good one
Avatar image for joeagentofhand1
#46 Posted by joeagentofhand1 (5227 posts) - - Show Bio

What about Green Arrow vs Fly?

Avatar image for urbs
#47 Edited by Urbs (837 posts) - - Show Bio

Luna (Boondocks) runs Bats family gauntlet

Starting with Damian and then continuing on.

All H2H, and a few (minor) stipulations on the Bat family side

?

Avatar image for nelomaxwell
#48 Posted by Nelomaxwell (13343 posts) - - Show Bio

@joeagentofhand1 said:

What about Green Arrow vs Fly?

Not Familiar with Fly

@Urbs said:

Luna (Boondocks) runs Bats family gauntlet

Starting with Damian and then continuing on.

All H2H, and a few (minor) stipulations on the Bat family side

?

Depends if morals are on and who she fights. Luna's feats are few she's only got 3 victories and one of them was against a ten year old.

Avatar image for MadeinBangladesh
#49 Posted by MadeinBangladesh (12452 posts) - - Show Bio

The Question, Batman, and Daredevil vs V(V for Vendetta), Rorschach, and The Punisher.

Avatar image for urbs
#50 Posted by Urbs (837 posts) - - Show Bio

@Nelomaxwell: Morals for the Bat family, none for Luna. She would go through the robins first, then to Cassandra, then to Bruce. Though it's not like Huey is weak, and she did merc him (worst than any other character). For the few feats she has, they're pretty impressive, though that fact would be her downfall in the view of many.