Batman with sufficient prep time vs. Marvel Superhero/Supervillain teams

RexRomanum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By RexRomanum

Batman (composite post-Crisis/New 52 one), is transported to the Marvel universe (Earth-616) with his equipments and considerable amount of his wealth and tech. The Dark Knight is then convinced that all of its inhabitants are irredeemable douchebags, and decide to defeat its various super-powered groups. Batman shall accomplish this by creating "Buster" armors for each specific group, which can exploit the weaknesses of each specific member, just like how the Caped Crusader subjugated the Justice League by using Justice Buster armor.

The groups that Batman needs to defeat:

Avengers

Captain America, Iron Man, Thor, Hulk, Ant-Man, Wasp, Scarlet Witch, Quicksilver, Vision, Spider-Man, Ms. Marvel

X-Men

Professor X, Wolverine, Cyclops, Jean Grey (non-Phoenix), Storm, Iceman, Colossus, Kitty Pryde, Rogue, Nightcrawler, Gambit

Fantastic Four

Mr. Fantastic, Invisible Woman, Human Torch, The Thing

Guardians of the Galaxy

Star-Lord, Gamora, Drax the Destroyer, Rocket Raccoon, Groot

Defenders

Doctor Strange, Namor the Sub-Mariner, She-Hulk, Iron Fist, Luke Cage

Brotherhood of Mutants

Magneto, Toad, Pyro, Sabretooth, Juggernaut, Blob, Avalanche, Mastermind

Sinister Six

Doctor Octopus, Kraven the Hunter, Electro, Sandman, Vulture, Mysterio

Dark Avengers

Iron Patriot (Norman Osborn), Ares, Sentry, Moonstone, Captain Marvel (Noh-Varr), Venom, Bullseye

Annihilators

Nova, Silver Surfer, Quasar, Beta Ray Bill, Gladiator, Ronan the Accuser

The Dark Knight will face one group at a time. They have no prep time (Batman surprise-attacks them by ambush), and will bring their respective standard equipments/weapons.

The Caped Crusader has sufficiently enough prep time, like say, 2 or 3 months for each group, in order to create nine armors/suits against those nine groups.

So how will Batman's Avenger Buster, Mutant Buster, and Cosmic Buster armors look like?

Avatar image for tsciallsolle3451
TSciallsolle3451

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By TSciallsolle3451

I don't know how would Batman's buster armor look like, it is up to the artistic skill of the artist to do that.

Based on Batman's feats, with prep he should be able to beat all 9 groups with high difficulty - High difficulty meaning he barely has over 50% probability of winning in each encounter.

• In New 52 canon, he has managed to defeat the Justice League with the Justice Buster.
  • New 52 Batman has also managed to momentarily defeat Darkseid with the Hellbat.
  • In post-crisis he has at many times made high-tier characters look like chump - Everybody, remember Tower of Babel storyline?
  • Post-Crisis Batman has also defeated Darkseid like.... 3 times in total (Once in Batman/Superman comics, another time with Radion in Final Crisis, and third time surviving Darkseid's Omega Sanction)? How many times have Superman even done that?

Prove me wrong otherwise - I don't see how the other 9 groups in this scenario will be any different.

DarkRaiden

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Gets stomped by all except the Sinister Six

robertloucksjr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Batman loses. He did not temporarily defeat Darkseid. He surprised him, knocked him down, and then got his ass kicked. He had Justice League help building the Hellbat. He won't get that in the Marvel universe. He dies jumping any of these teams as a whole.

TSciallsolle3451

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Batman loses. He did not temporarily defeat Darkseid. He surprised him, knocked him down, and then got his ass kicked. He had Justice League help building the Hellbat. He won't get that in the Marvel universe. He dies jumping any of these teams as a whole.

The fact that Darkseid said "Rrnn" means he was momentarily incapacitated. Incapacitated often means a technical victory, subject to conditions of winning a match of course.

RisingBean

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

• In New 52 canon, he has managed to defeat the brainwashed and less then full powered Justice League with the Justice Buster.
  • New 52 Batman has also managed to momentarily defeat slow down Darkseid with the Hellbat.
  • In post-crisis he has at many times made high-tier characters look like chump - Everybody, remember Tower of Babel storyline?
  • Post-Crisis Batman has also defeated sorta stalemated Darkseid like.... 3 times in total (Once in Batman/Superman comics, another time with Radion in Final Crisis, and third time surviving Darkseid's Omega Sanction)? How many times have Superman even done that?

Fixed that context for you.

As far as the gauntlet, I'd be surprised if he took a handful of these teams. Trying to find out how to beat guys like Thor and Tony and Pym and..etc leave Bruce spread thin.

TSciallsolle3451

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@tsciallsolle3451 said:
  • In New 52 canon, he has managed to defeat the brainwashed and less then full powered Justice League with the Justice Buster.
  • New 52 Batman has also managed to momentarily defeat slow down Darkseid with the Hellbat.
  • Post-Crisis Batman has also defeated sorta stalemated Darkseid like.... 3 times in total (Once in Batman/Superman comics, another time with Radion in Final Crisis, and third time surviving Darkseid's Omega Sanction)? How many times have Superman even done that?

Fixed that context for you.

As far as the gauntlet, I'd be surprised if he took a handful of these teams. Trying to find out how to beat guys like Thor and Tony and Pym and..etc leave Bruce spread thin.

I don't know about you but in Batman Endgame, it was written clearly that the Justice League are not holding back. A weakened character not holding back is at least as equal as a full-powered character holding back.... In fact I would argue the brainwashed Justice League arguably had better-performance - because their actions are in line with their motives.

Regarding post-crisis Batman dealings with Darkseid, it was his use of wits, not power-against-power, that forced Darkseid into a corner. Of course, it can be regarded as a stalemate - but only because Darkseid wasn't physically beaten.

NeonGameWave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

He has a chance against the Fantastic Four and Sinister Six.

hatemalingsia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No Caption Provided

RisingBean

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@tsciallsolle3451: If non mind whammied Diana, Superman or the Flash wasn't holding back, Batman is dead before he realizes the fight has begun.

It's that simple.

TSciallsolle3451

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@tsciallsolle3451: If non mind whammied Diana, Superman or the Flash wasn't holding back, Batman is dead before he realizes the fight has begun.

It's that simple.

Why do you think that a super-powered character not holding back means immediate death for a peak human? Why wasn't Captain America, Punisher, and many other peak humans killed many times all over already?

And this is based on your interpretation of the events in the comics: Do you really think that Batman actually made his contingency plans based on the assumption that the member that gone rogue will hold back?

Didn't Batman said that Superman was blood lusted? I might have remembered it wrongly though.

RisingBean

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@tsciallsolle3451: How often do you see guys like Steve or Frank pitted against a team like the JLA? And if they do,have they ever pulled some of the weak writing bs Bruce does?

Yeah, when your foes can bench the weight of worlds, can move faster then sound, or light and want you dead, you die if you are a human unless plot saves you.

No plot in the battle forums. So Bruce takes his time to build and prep and still gets smashed when he faces dudes who laugh off nukes and don't have glaring weaknesses like Kryptonite.

APEX_pretador

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#13  Edited By APEX_pretador

@rexromanum said:

1. Avengers

Captain America, Iron Man, Thor, Hulk, Ant-Man, Wasp, Scarlet Witch, Quicksilver, Vision, Spider-Man, Ms. Marvel

2. X-Men

Professor X, Wolverine, Cyclops, Jean Grey (non-Phoenix), Storm, Iceman, Colossus, Kitty Pryde, Rogue, Nightcrawler, Gambit

3. Fantastic Four

4. Guardians of the Galaxy

5. Defenders

6. Brotherhood of Mutants

7. Sinister Six

8. Dark Avengers

Iron Patriot (Norman Osborn), Ares, Sentry, Moonstone, Captain Marvel (Noh-Varr), Venom, Bullseye

9. Annihilators

The Dark Knight will face one group at a time. They have no prep time (Batman surprise-attacks them by ambush), and will bring their respective standard equipments/weapons.

The Caped Crusader has sufficiently enough prep time, like say, 2 or 3 months for each group, in order to create nine armors/suits against those nine groups.

So how will Batman's Avenger Buster, Mutant Buster, and Cosmic Buster armors look like?

1. Avengers: He can take out Hulk with gamma ray absorbing device, & so on to everyone (not sure about SW) , but thor & IM are real problems. However, I believe he can handle a thor-busting armor, but Iron Man is where the problem comes from. If he attacks him & kills tony first, he can get these people down, who otherwise may do something wrong with his armor. (assuming he's OK with killing)
  2. X-men: He can take most of them down with his avenger-busting suit already, but the problem of TP & some others with powerful abilities may trouble him. I believe he loses more often than not.
  3. Fantastic 4: Thing is non-factor here. Since batman has prep & ambush, he'll take down reed first, so that he doesn't bring out a plot device. He has to deal with johny & sue, where things get difficult. I think the last 2 armors , with some adjustments can handle johny. I think he can handle them.
  4. Guardians of galaxy: He might just be able to manage something.
  5. Defenders: It is basically him vs Dr strange. Who knows? Not sure about this one.
  6. Mutants: Good luck taking down these guys, could go either way, loses more often than not IMO.
  7. Sinister six: Beats them.
  8. Dark avengers: Loses here.
  9. Annihilators: lololololololololololololololol
blackpanther16

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The only one he could beat would be sinister six and FF the rest demolish him

Avatar image for digitalshooter9
DigitalShooter9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Would he even need the prep here?

RandomSid82

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I don't know how would Batman's buster armor look like, it is up to the artistic skill of the artist to do that.

Based on Batman's feats, with prep he should be able to beat all 9 groups with high difficulty - High difficulty meaning he barely has over 50% probability of winning in each encounter.

• In New 52 canon, he has managed to defeat the Justice League with the Justice Buster.
  • New 52 Batman has also managed to momentarily defeat Darkseid with the Hellbat.
  • Post-Crisis Batman has also defeated Darkseid like.... 3 times in total (Once in Batman/Superman comics, another time with Radion in Final Crisis, and third time surviving Darkseid's Omega Sanction)? How many times have Superman even done that?

Prove me wrong otherwise - I don't see how the other 9 groups in this scenario will be any different.

Major difference between the Justice League and most Marvel Characters is that the Justice League all have readily exploitable weaknesses, most Marvel characters do not. And no, he didn't do crap to Darkseid.

franky666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Tantani

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

1) the JB suit was toyed around, it was stated twice that the members are slower= less powerful strikes + this

if she wanted to kill him she would do it at this pic+ superman ask him to beg, if he really wanted to kill him he would do it.... + it took batman years to build the JB not 2 month....

2) he didn't defeat darkside on the new 52, he did absulutly no damage at all to him while darkside was playing with his bat-toy and batman didn't build the hellbat so nothing suggest he can build that in 2 months by himself

3) tower of bible is the JB story isn't it?? any way he made depowered WW think she killed him so she went away, depowerd superman was de powerd for the second time by red sun and steel played with batman and other depowerd JLA member

Batman (composite post-Crisis/New 52 one), is transported to the Marvel universe (Earth-616) with his equipments and considerable amount of his wealth and tech. The Dark Knight is then convinced that all of its inhabitants are irredeemable douchebags, and decide to defeat its various super-powered groups. Batman shall accomplish this by creating "Buster" armors for each specific group, which can exploit the weaknesses of each specific member, just like how the Caped Crusader subjugated the Justice League by using Justice Buster armor.

Avengers

X-Men

Fantastic Four

Guardians of the Galaxy

Defenders

Brotherhood of Mutants

Sinister Six

Dark Avengers

Annihilators

don't know much about post crisis but marvel characters don't always have a weakness like DC characters:

Avengers: Ironman solo, thor stomp, scarlet which stomp, vision might solo, spiderman might solo (current), ms marvel might solo (If carol, kamalah will lose), hilk stomp unless batman can shove the gamma out of him somehow

X-Men: a few of them can solo: Professor X, Jean Grey (non-Phoenix) (might solo), Iceman

Fantastic Four: hard fight.... not sure

Guardians of the Galaxy: I think current gamora should one shot

Defenders: Doctor Strange solo, Namor solo (unless current namor because he is dead....)

Brotherhood of Mutants: I don't really know most of them so I can't answear

Sinister Six: finally!! a team he will probably beat with 2 months prep

Dark Avengers: Sentry-(it will be like fighting superman without kryptonite or red sun), Captain Marvel (Noh-Varr) solo, Ares- I think can solo, don't know him well

Annihilators: lolololololololololololololololololololololololol each and everyone of them easely solo

Avatar image for christianrapper
christianrapper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

said:

Major difference between the Justice League and most Marvel Characters is that the Justice League all have readily exploitable weaknesses, most Marvel characters do not. And no, he didn't do crap to Darkseid.

it's pis and they know him more than their weaknesses. the league always held back when they fought him.also, they fought conveniently stupid. superman has beat him every time that they have fought. bruce only beat him one time and that's only because superman tried to fly him into space. none of the members of the league ever use their super speed or their more exotic power. they always seem to slug it out with him. the marvel characters don't know bats. he also isn't anything new to them either. bats will get beat down every single round.

Avatar image for christianrapper
christianrapper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

i don't know why people are saying that he can beat the ff4. how is he going to beat johnny and sue. sue can just place him in a bubble and leave him there.

Avatar image for digitalshooter9
DigitalShooter9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Why are people even arguing this?

BloodBlunts

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By BloodBlunts

The title if your post already gave the answer. Batman with sufficient prep time.

And they will all look like batman

Enderules3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Avengers

I'm going to say no it would take bats at least a decade to create anything that could beat Thor not to mention Scarlet Witch, Iron man, and Captain Marvel (Hulk could probably be beaten by absorbing the gamma radiation or something)

X-Men

If his suit is immune to TP he'll have a good chance though he has no way of beating Iceman who can solo

Fantastic Four

Best bet so far but Sue is incredibly powerful between her and her brother it'll be tough. I'll give bats the benefit of the doubt and say he wins 5.5/10

Guardians of the Galaxy

I could maybe see him winning if his suit is good enough.

Defenders

Can't beat strange

Brotherhood of Mutants

Maybe though Mags is OP

Sinister Six

He'll win Spidey has done it so it shouldn't be impossible

Dark Avengers

He's going to have a lot of trouble here

Annihilators

Lol no

Bats needs much more prep time in my head i gave him a few years and he still wouldn't be able to beat all these teams

RexRomanum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

brucerogers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

I am willing to bet that Reed with prep can beat Batman with Prep. As for this battle, he stops at 1.

Bossmonster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Avengers

Wrecks batman to hell and back. Stark is more than enough on his own.

X-Men

I didn't read past Professor X. The guy that pinned down 4 5ths of the Goddamned Phoenix. Batman loses without question.

Fantastic Four

I didn't read past Mr. Goddamned Fantastic. Smarter, more accomplished, and he beat God Doom. Batman loses without question.

Guardians of the Galaxy

No answers for Groot. No answers for Drax. Total A$$ beating.

Defenders

I didn't read past Dr. Strange. Batman gets toonforced out of reality.

Brotherhood of Mutants

Magneto. Nuff Said.

Sinister Six

You know, Batman might actually win this with prep. Doc Oc would be a big issue and Kraven would keep him busy. I don't know why scorpion was not included in this. As that would have made it a complete and utter stomp. Batman could win, but will lose more times than not.

Dark Avengers

Sentry wrecks him alone.

Annihilators

I didn't read past Annihilators.

He does poorly. Extremely freaking poorly and there won't be any time hooping nonsense of memory replacement to bring him back. He runs up on them and he stays dead for good.

APEX_pretador

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@enderules3: @bossmonster:

but according to OP, he can surprise atack. Does this increase the chances for him against avengers, FF & dr strange ?

brucerogers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

Tantani

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By Tantani

@apex_pretador: of corse it is

From 0% of doing anything to might beat the weakling of few of the team

@blackpanther16: @neongamewave: How will Batman's Fantastic Buster and Sinister Buster armors look like?

I think his sinister buster would look like a bat version of spiderman mark 3 (spiderman sinister buster)

Fantastic buster will be some wired kind of hulbuster (to fight the thing and maybe ambush to try and ambush reed at the start) with heat immunity and somethings against sue (don't know what he can bring against her....) I am not sure he can actually build it in 2 months.... Probably sue will beat him

blackpanther16

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rexromanum: for the six he wouldn't need armor and fantastic fou rhe would probably want a flame retardant strength enhancing suit

Thekillerklok

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By Thekillerklok

Were did all of these heretics come from.

Praise thou one true batgod and praise be to the Glorious prophet who died  teaching us the true meaning of prep.
Praise thou one true batgod and praise be to the Glorious prophet who died teaching us the true meaning of prep.

Bossmonster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@apex_pretador: No.
DC comics is pretty OP all the time but Marvel A list often does things that put it's hero's over the top. Even with Surprise, he never gets past the Avengers in a group. Too man of them can one shot and not enough of them have weaknesses.

If he did manage to kill any member of the FF that wasn't Sue or Torch, they one shot. He doesn't kill both out right, no chance. He kills read, Blood lust Sue, who shots. He kills Sue, Blood lust Johnny One shots. Kills Thing, Gang Bang to death. Kills Johnny, Sue one shots.

There is nothing Batman is building that will Counter Strange. Nothing. Now that I've actually read who's on that team, in the event that he does kill strange (which frankly doesn't take something amazing, just great feats of skill) He doesn't get past Iron Fast or Namor. There are no answers to that.

Batman will lose every time.

APEX_pretador

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@apex_pretador: No.

There is nothing Batman is building that will Counter Strange. Nothing. Now that I've actually read who's on that team, in the event that he does kill strange (which frankly doesn't take something amazing, just great feats of skill) He doesn't get past Iron Fast fist or Namor. There are no answers to that.

Batman will lose every time.

why would batman with prep lose to IF & Namor?

He'd have suits which he made to take care off avengers, & even if he has lost the avengers battle, he can still use the suit & I'm sure thor hits harder than namor, IF, she hulk combined. IF's speed may be a problem, but he has dealt speedsters before, & BP has shown IF can be dealt with.

If he kills an unsuspecting strange, his team is doomed.

Bossmonster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By Bossmonster

why would batman with prep lose to IF & Namor?

He'd have suits which he made to take care off avengers, & even if he has lost the avengers battle, he can still use the suit & I'm sure thor hits harder than namor, IF, she hulk combined. IF's speed may be a problem, but he has dealt speedsters before, & BP has shown IF can be dealt with.

If he kills an unsuspecting strange, his team is doomed.

Don't misunderstand what I'm saying. I don't know that Strange can live though bullet to brain or other simple things like that. However, Dracula couldn't sneak attack Strange. Batman doing it is less likely. Why couldn't Batman, in this instance, get past Narmor or Iron fist? Because they are together and as a whole better than Batman on every day or the week.

Namor stood up to the Squadon Supreme and held his own until they distracted him by killing everyone in Atlantis. Oh and they had prep and still could not take him down easily and while he was alone. Batman will be alone and Namor will have help. He will not defeat Namor in this condition with Prep.

Iron Fist has stood up to the avengers, tanks city busters at when at full power and has beaten BP and Wolverine who are above Batman in h2h. Not only that, his speed and healing are already above Batman by a major amount and his has explosive energy projection in the Iron Fist. 1 v 1 Batman gets stompped to hell by Iron Fist, 1(with prep) 5, Batman stands no chance in hell.

Almost everyone on the team can Solo batman. Even with prep he doesn't get pass them. Strange is just and instant win.

Moreover, like has been pointed out many times, No one here has stupid weaknesses that he can exploit. There is not Red Sun that makes Thor weaker. No friction coat that's going to stop Iron Fist Punches. No nerve disruption for magneto. There is on, on each team save 2, at least 1 person that not only solo's but 1 shots. (Thor, Prof X. Strange. Magneto, Ice Man. Gemora. Jean,S. Witch, Ant Man. Sentry, The Annihilators)

He took on the JL 1v1 and with far more prep and they have weaknesses. 2 months to prep for group fights? He gets wrecked to hell. Even with a year, he gets wrecked.

Silverrings

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By Silverrings

Does Bruce have an answer for telepathy, magic, reality manipulation, power cosmic, etc? I've seen him do some very impressive stuff with preparation time, Justice Buster included, of course, but i don't know if he can counter all the powers of guys like Xavier, Thor, Wanda, Strange, Surfer and so on.

Avatar image for deactivated-5ba149167b2c0
deactivated-5ba149167b2c0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Batgod wins again

Dasabi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Justice Buster only got past Wonder Woman by tricking her into thinking Batman was already dead. That's not really a win in my book, unless we want to say that an unarmed man can solo a grizzly bear by playing dead.

frostanon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By frostanon
No Caption Provided