Batman vs Voldemort

James_Lockart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#51  Edited By James_Lockart

If Batman has prep then he has memorized something from Fate or Constantine to protect him even in his standard gear.

Bats has taken down Dracula before. In his standard gear. In the animated movie he killed Dracula.

With prep Bats will take this. He has access to many magical users and has seen magic and supernatural up close.

He will use some charm or blessing but given Bat's prep history he takes this.

Kingjohnrocks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#52  Edited By Kingjohnrocks

@james_lockart: Batman with prep solos, hm? I don't think Batman would see the need for all of Dr Fate's stuff. That would indicate Batman is at full knowledge of Voldemort, which the OP doesn't specify.

ximpossibrux

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Batman would beat him.

Avatar image for deactivated-5b2e798651249
deactivated-5b2e798651249

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

@bmezy said:

@ImTheDamnBatman: No one overrates Voldermort here in the Vine

Except KingJohnRocks.

cfrehse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

If this is voldemort from the books he is gonna kill batman and pretty easily. He brought suits of armor to life. He can teleport and fly. His fight with dumbledore was even more insane in the books. He ripped through the force field that covered hogwarts. Plus the death spell. I dont even see how bats is gonna get close to voldemort.

sandiego008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This is actually spite against batman.

Voldemort would own batman w/o prep, batman sucks until he knows his foes then he kicks ass, thus prep factor.

Okay you give batman the prep factor, minus one key item ... he still has standard gear. Sure batman may know he has to quick draw but voldemort will know that too since he gets prep and magic shield is up batman is screwed. Based on scenario there is no way batman wins.

You give batman prep and use of anything he feels fit for the fight, this might be a different story. Minus gas, there is nothing in batmans standard gear that would give him any hope.

MirrorWave4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#57  Edited By MirrorWave4

@logy5000: Nah, Voldemort a powerful Wizard, that's why given Voldemort 3 weeks prep on Superman, whose in a random encounter, became a huge debate weeks ago.

russellmania77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Batman wins, he wins, no dude he wins

Kingjohnrocks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59  Edited By Kingjohnrocks

@russellmania77: I'd like solid feats/indications to those feats or to abilities to back up your statements.

Kingjohnrocks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60  Edited By Kingjohnrocks

@logy5000:

Definition of Overrated:

(overrating) overestimate: a calculation that results in an estimate that is too high.

Hmm....

To overestimate the merits of; rate too highly.

Definition of merits:

The quality of being particularly good or worthy, esp. so as to deserve praise or reward.

Get this straight: I do not do that. Going off of Spells and Magic Voldemort has mastered in the Harry Potter universe is not overrating. I then crunch those in the fashion or possibilities Voldemort could utilize those spells/magic in. I don't give Voldemort more praise then he deserves in MY opinion. Believing that Voldemort and his Death Eaters, with reasonable amounts of knowledge and prep time, can take over the Governments of the world is NOT overrating. Believing that, based on the evidence, that Confringo the blasting curse has decimated 11 muggles to dust and bones and blew a crater in a ground is NOT overrating. Believing that Confringo! can kill Batman isn't overrating. When Voldemort deserves scorn, I give him scorn. When he deserves praise I will give him praise. People purposely underrate Voldemort because of two reasons:

1. They are either fanboys or love the character that Voldemort could potentially decimate.

2. They simply hate the series, only have watched the movies and like the other character better.

It is an absoloute falsehood that I overrate Voldemort. And that's that.

russellmania77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@kingjohnrocks: because he is Batman, biggest feat ever. anyways there is nothing either of us to can say to change our views so thats that

Lunacyde

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#62 Lunacyde  Moderator

It's a huge stretch to say Batman wins. He COULD possibly win, but there is no way he takes a majority. Voldemort possesses the abilities of flight, teleportation, telepathy, and what equates to a virtual death ray among many other things. Further Voldemort cannot be destroyed without destroying his horcruxes.

James_Lockart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#63  Edited By James_Lockart

@kingjohnrocks:

Bruv you're taking this the wrong way here.

Batman has had more occult experience over the years than you might imagine. He was once confronted by the Spectre himself who sought to judge him but he somehow managed to escape and reconcile with the vengeance of the almighty. He has fought numerous creatures on a power level above Voldemort himself and has killed (yes killed) Dracula in his house.

The OP says Prep so it would be sane to assume that Batman is not going to be doing much Tai-Kwan-Do for this one bruv.

He's going to go to Deadman (and by implication ask for something from the Goddess Rama Kushna), Dr. Fate, or Constantine.

Fate and Rama Kushna are both well above Voldy's pay grade in any sense of the term.

I own ALL of Harry Potter books first editions (bought them as they came out). HUGE fan of the series. Voldy has done nothing that would protect him from something from Fate or Rama Kushna.

He's going to learn to say something from these guys or get blessed from Rama Kushna or Spectre and use it to protect his person and environment from all magic. He has been shown to be a master of Samadhi level concentration and he learns rather quickly. He can also learn something that expels foul magic from a being from Constantine who is one of the foremost authorities on the subject.

And Yes Batman is still in his standard gear. Having Fate for company or learning a spell or being blessed does not change your gear.

A week's prep is also more than enough to destroy those Horcruxes. Dumbledore, Ron and Hermionie accompanied Harry on his Horcrux quest on different occasions there is no reason why Fate or John Constantine cannot do so as a matter of prep so that the final encounter is softened. I imagine Voldy is not prepping in isolation so why will Bats?

Batman has this.

The real match here is Snape vs. Constantine. Snape is as good a concealer as Constantine is and since he is not pure evil John will be put off balance somewhat.

The_PAIN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

BATMAN JOBBER AURA ON, BATMAN WINS.

morgrim

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

In a random encounter Voldemort would win but based on the whole "prep" thing and Batman being known as the "God of Prep" if he has access to his whole arsenal and has time for decent prep I see Batman wining

James_Lockart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Bats has a week's prep.

Part of his 'arsenal' involves his contacts. People like Dr. Fate, Phantom Stranger and Constantine.

If he learns something from them he's gonna give Voldy a good knockabout.

And yeah this is comimg from me. I am British, have bought and voraciously read ALL of JKR's Harry Potter books in English. I have ALL the DVDs back home and had two games.

So there.

hsm1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Voldemort toys with Batman, giving him a long, slow death.

James_Lockart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#68  Edited By James_Lockart

@hsm1:

Ain't gonna happen that way chief.

Voldy is looking for a one way ticket to the Phantom Zone here.

That is if Batman doesn't kill him like he killed Dracula.

Avatar image for deactivated-5b2e798651249
deactivated-5b2e798651249

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

@kingjohnrocks: I was joking. I'm not going to side with either character here.

Kingjohnrocks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@james_lockart:

Batman has had more occult experience over the years than you might imagine. He was once confronted by the Spectre himself who sought to judge him but he somehow managed to escape and reconcile with the vengeance of the almighty. He has fought numerous creatures on a power level above Voldemort himself and has killed (yes killed) Dracula in his house.

Voldemort's magic craps all over the occult. He's on a VERY different level then the occult. The occult requires chanting rituals and conjuring spirits to kill people- Voldemort can kill you with a thought. I am not suprised he escaped and reconciled with the vengeance of the almighty. And? Sure, Voldemort has done nothing like that, but this doesn't change the effectiveness of his spells. Also, Voldemort could kill Dracula.

The OP says Prep so it would be sane to assume that Batman is not going to be doing much Tai-Kwan-Do for this one bruv.

Oh, so he's going to do occult? Then he's as good as fried.

He's going to go to Deadman (and by implication ask for something from the Goddess Rama Kushna), Dr. Fate, or Constantine.

Show me a scan or quote of Batman going to Deadman, a Goddess, Dr Fate, or Constantine to fight magic users. Give me a scan or quote, or it never happened. He may have contacts, but there's no implications that he'd go to a GODDESS to fight a sorcerer.

Fate and Rama Kushna are both well above Voldy's pay grade in any sense of the term.

This is Batman vs Voldemort. You are paranoid and you know Batman wins, so you are trying to involve other people.

I own ALL of Harry Potter books first editions (bought them as they came out). HUGE fan of the series. Voldy has done nothing that would protect him from something from Fate or Rama Kushna.

Read the title.

I have 9 Dr Fate comics. I am well aware of his abilities and well aware he's above Voldemort. Yet, this isn't Fate vs Voldemort.

He's going to learn to say something from these guys or get blessed from Rama Kushna or Spectre and use it to protect his person and environment from all magic. He has been shown to be a master of Samadhi level concentration and he learns rather quickly. He can also learn something that expels foul magic from a being from Constantine who is one of the foremost authorities on the subject.

Again, show me him going to a Goddess to fight a sorcerer before. Show me it. I don't want text I want a source such as a quote or a scan.

And Yes Batman is still in his standard gear. Having Fate for company or learning a spell or being blessed does not change your gear.

I'm going to ask you again: Show me the scan/quote.

A week's prep is also more than enough to destroy those Horcruxes. Dumbledore, Ron and Hermionie accompanied Harry on his Horcrux quest on different occasions there is no reason why Fate or John Constantine cannot do so as a matter of prep so that the final encounter is softened. I imagine Voldy is not prepping in isolation so why will Bats?

This is not FATE or John Constantine vs Voldemort. Stop mentioning them. This is Batman vs Voldemort. Stop the wank.

Batman has this.

The real match here is Snape vs. Constantine. Snape is as good a concealer as Constantine is and since he is not pure evil John will be put off balance somewhat.

This is entirely irrelevant and laughable. The title is Batman vs Voldemort. Stay with that title, ok?

Voldemort wins until I see the cash.

MrPwnage112

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@kingjohnrocks:

Stop bashing other peoples arguments and give some for Voldemort

No Caption Provided

Name55555

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#72  Edited By Name55555

How on earth is Batman going to win?

Voldemort is a genius who know magic, can teleport, can insta-kill, can prep with magic(=big advantage), can mind control, etc.etc.

Batman is really good, but cmon be realistic, if Voldy was a comic character no one would argue over this mismatch!

Voldy STOMPS!

MrPwnage112

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#73  Edited By MrPwnage112

Ok so Batman Needs some help (Time for my first Awesome Bat-Help Post) I got this

Marksmanship:

Batman has shown to be able to do amazing feats of marksmanship with many projectiles

In this scan he was disguised as Sir Hedmington Grey and knocks a thug out with a knife

No Caption Provided

This shows how Batman (Using a commonly found projectile) was able to knock a man out with an object that is (Potentially) Lethal. This is mainly marksmanship because he must hit the man with the back of the knife. Otherwise potentially maiming him.

Some Pretty Standard Bat-Gear:

Thermal Vision
Thermal Vision

Multi-Wave length scanner able to visualize a room without having to physically search it.
Multi-Wave length scanner able to visualize a room without having to physically search it.

Miniature Explosives sensitive to the slightest pressure.
Miniature Explosives sensitive to the slightest pressure.

Stealth: Cant put up a Batman argument without stealth. How is Voldemort going to hit what he cant see.

Able to stay in the watchtower without any of his league members detecting him. Not even Superman.
Able to stay in the watchtower without any of his league members detecting him. Not even Superman.

Sneaks up on and disarms a police officer after being seen
Able to vanish from Superman and Captain Atom before they could even turn your head
Able to vanish from Superman and Captain Atom before they could even turn your head

Agility: Batman is a pretty well known person in the field of agility (Not as good as Spiderman or Nightwing but still good)

Balancing on his Bat-line and later running across it
Balancing on his Bat-line and later running across it

Prep: We all know the tales of the great Bat-Prep... But how good is it really

In the JLA story arc Trial By Fire. Batman States that he already has a contingency plan for their phantom zone if it fails.
In the JLA story arc Trial By Fire. Batman States that he already has a contingency plan for their phantom zone if it fails.

Batmans contingency plan will later be inacted here

and the plan in effect

it gets more actiony but this is too many scans out of one comic so....

That is one awesome example of Bat-prep

All around Advantage Batman...

Name55555

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#74  Edited By Name55555

@kingjohnrocks: i think it's pointless trying to change their minds, they don't understand that Voldy would stomp with all the powers he's got.

let them have fun!!

MrPwnage112

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@name55555:

Lol powers didnt save alot of people from the wrath of batman and you guys arnt saying anything to benefit your character

Name55555

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#76  Edited By Name55555

@mrpwnage112 said:

@name55555:

Lol powers didnt save alot of people from the wrath of batman and you guys arnt saying anything to benefit your character

Personally, it's so obvious that all i had to say was this:

"Voldemort is a genius who know magic, can teleport, can insta-kill, can prep with magic(=big advantage), can mind control, etc.etc."

Voldy has prep as well

hahah if you think that Batman would win i think you are not being objective. think what you want i don't care.

RBT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#77  Edited By RBT

Seriously. What could Voldemort do against Batman? None of his spell is gonna hit him. Some of the comments here are laughable.

When did Voldemort fly? I remeber he had Elder Wand when he broke Hogwart's defences and it took him forever. He can teleport, yes. But Apparation is tiring. Voldy will most likely do it once or twice.

Batman wins. Very very easily.

James_Lockart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#78  Edited By James_Lockart

@mrpwnage112 @RBT:

Yeah agreed bruvs.

Bats has this.

Voldy is pretty one dimensional. His powers are MAGIC ONLY.

Bats is too well rounded anyways.

KingMajestros

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

There's no such thing as "magic resistance" in Batman's arsenal of weapons, skills, etc. Foolish Batman fanboys, lay off the Batweed. Learn when he is beaten.

James_Lockart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#80  Edited By James_Lockart

@kingmajestros:

LOOL

Surely the agony of defeat can't be THAT frustrating.

And the Bat has killed Dracula before and managed to survive the wrath of the Spectre.

He served with a goddamn angel on the Justice League man.

Given prep ya think he's going to do boxing practice for Voldy?

Or will he use the contacts in his arsenal to learn or get a bit of magical protection.

All Voldy has is Magic. Bats is just too well rounded for this.

Avatar image for bluelantern1995
BlueLantern1995

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 26

I've never read or watched the Harry Potter movies but that doesn't stop me from seeing evidence that Voldy would win. The only fanboy group here whose actually come up with feats that are relevant are the Harry Potter Fanboys.

Look Batman's my favorite DC superhero but please give some evidence before saying its a spite. Batman won't go to Fate, Constantine or any of those mystical people unless if he has knowledge of his opponent and no evidence has been given.

Since Batman hasn't ever encountered a killing spell, I doubt he'd know how to prep against one besides if Voldy can think a kill spell(like is said above) what is to stop him from just doing that on Batman at the beginning?

Until sufficient evidence is given, I take the position that Voldy wins maybe even in a spite. Come on Batman fans! Give me evidence to change my opinion!

OmgOmgWtfWtf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#82  Edited By OmgOmgWtfWtf

What happens when you meet Batman in a dark alley

James_Lockart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#83  Edited By James_Lockart

@bluelantern1995:

I posted feats.

I gave evidence.

Yet we have this.

Voldy's fanboys !!!

And I'm BRITISH. I own ALL HP books and DVDs. Batman is not even my favourite character. Personally I think Snape is a better fictional character.

But can Voldy hope to live against someone who has survived the Spectre and killed (yes killed) Dracula?

Especially when Bats has prep, and access to beings such as Fate, Phantom Stranger or Rama Kushna who would make him immune to magic in a second or at least give him some charm or spell.

Voldy fans have mistaken Batman for John McClain.

RBT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#84  Edited By RBT

Nothing is stopping Voldy from throwing a killing curse on Batman. But its Batman we're talking about. Dude has dodged bullets when he's half asleep. No way he's going to stand there waiting for the green jet to hit him and see what happens. I am a HUGE HP fan(with Ron being my fav.) but HP characters are way overrated here. In another thread Harry is killing Ben Tennyson with master control ultimatrix.

If the battle ends at KO, it will end in less than a minute.

Chibi_cute

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#85  Edited By Chibi_cute

Batman finds all of voldie's horcruxes and destroys it.

Voldie can't even kill a whiny boy.

Batman stomps.

MrPwnage112

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@james_lockart:

@RBT:

Dont Feel bad guys they wont listen no matter how much time we spend on our awesome posts. It took me 45 minutes to gather all that evidence up there, but i bet not a single voldemort fan read it

RBT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@MrPwnage112 Don't they say, ignorance is a bliss.

MrPwnage112

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#88  Edited By MrPwnage112
@rbt said:

@MrPwnage112 Don't they say, ignorance is a bliss.

Well i dont say that. Probably the Voldemort fans making things up again lol.

James_Lockart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#89  Edited By James_Lockart

@mrpwnage112:

I agree bruv.

I can bet none of them have gone through the books very thoroughly. I remember one time when I was in Manchester and had to stay for a week to check out an apartment my dad wanted. No friends so I go looking to buy a book and a few beers. Didn't watch much telly. I discovered HP and was PROUD of being British because we still managed to awe the world in literature.

I care more about the series than most people because its a cultural achievement to get so many people to read in times of the net and TV.

But dash all that in a fight against Batman if I don't see Voldy winning then that's what I'm going to say.

There is no way Voldy takes this. His sole strength is magic and Bruce has been known to get by it before.

And Yeah Voldy fans don't read the other side's posts. They just ignore all of what ever is out there and wage a cyber jihad.

MrPwnage112

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#90  Edited By MrPwnage112

@james_lockart:

I personally have not read the HP books but i read plenty of comic books. So ik what Batman's Best.

rolldestroyer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

people saying voldemort lost to a teenage boy is a poor argument since harry was destined to defeat voldemort, and his first death was due to a love spell, and Rowling made it pretty clear that love is the most powerful "thing" in HP verse.

This battle depends on how much prep does batman have and if he has access to his resources.

BlueLantern1995

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@james_lockart: Sorry, if you took offense didn't mean it like that. But back to topic. And if you can answer my questions I'd be grateful as since you seem to understand both sides pretty well.

Now to the bare bones of things, Unless if stated in Op, Batman only has prep, he doesn't know Volerdmont's strengths and weaknesses and vice versa. That means Batman wouldn't access Dr. Fate for mystical protection because if I remember correctly that isn't in his usual prep.

If Batman, had prep with knowledge(which is what you guys are operating under) then its obvious he wins. But he doesn't. With that he can't destroy the Horcruxes(or however you spell it) cause he doesn't know it exists, he also wouldn't go to Dr. Fate for Mystical protection.

I also would like to have the scans for him escaping Spectre as the surrounding info could help(not that I doubt you, because I don't, just some evidence could help support your claim) and I have no idea how powerful DC Dracula is so if you could enlighten me, I'd be grateful.

RBT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Batman doesn't need to destroy the hocruxes. OP mentioned that win is by Death or KO. All Batman has to do is knock Voldy out.

James_Lockart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#94  Edited By James_Lockart

@bluelantern1995:

It went something like this bruv:

No Caption Provided

There really is a whole lot more to this but I really don't have the print comic book anymore. It's at home with the rest of my stash. I have not read print comics for a long time now. I read via Comixology app (recommended to all) on my android whenever I travel or am waiting to in a bank or airports or such.

The Op reads: Batman and Voldemort have preparedfor this fight.

If one expects Batman to prepare for a fight against Killer Croc then one will expect that Batman will work on his strength and durability. However this is not the case here. If Batman is to prepared for a death-match against Voldy then he will protect himself against magic as prep. And still he has to have his standard gear (stated in OP) this preparation will most likely come in form of learning enough magic or being blessed against magic.

Voldy, too, prepares with the help of others. He has used Pettigrew, the Malfoys and Snape (oh well. tried to use) to prepare for the final encounter with Harry and Harry, too, has used his allies for preparation. But the final encounter was a one-on-one as will happen here.The OP does not say that prep has to be done in isolation.

Like Voldemort Batman is also frequently shown to prep with others and ask for help when required. Given a week's prep and the enormous resources and contacts that Bruce has the prep aspect here is doable. By contacts I mean access to Phantom Stranger, Deadman (and by implication Rama Kushna), and Fate. I don't see him going to Lady Shiva for this one.

Note that in the scan above Batman confidently speaks to The Spectre: "Leave My City.....Or I Will Find a Way to Make You Leave". Just stating that Batman prepares for more than just hand-to-hand and tends to succeed.

DC Dracula was shown to be extremely powerful. He had mastery over magic. He deciphered the identity of Batman and went after him in the Batcave where he was ultimately killed. If feats are to be considered then Batman has also chastised Etrigan the Demon and Morgaine le Fey, and taken down Golems, Vampires and other magical beings. His wins over Ra's al Ghul and Vandal Savage as well as Solomon Grundy should be counted. One has to also look at the great scans provided by MrPwnage112.

OmgOmgWtfWtf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

MirrorWave4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rbt:

Voldemort actual flies or levitates in the books. He gets flying abilities here because the books are 100% canon.

BlueLantern1995

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@james_lockart Okay, you won me over to Batman's side :), thought it was just the usual prep situation(minus actually knowing the character), I stand corrected and stand by Batman's side.

Man, Fanboys. You have to love em...NOT! Wait I'm one! You gotta love them as A WHOLE...despite some of there faults.

MrPwnage112

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#99  Edited By MrPwnage112

Havnt seen any real evidence for Voldemort

Not surprising,

The notion that they have been beat by The Goddamn Batman was too much for them to handle they will now return to this forum in several years hoping that the evidence thought of by then will trump The Batman's new feats. Which it wont.

James_Lockart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers