• 180 results
willpayton

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By willpayton

Since in an earlier thread it was decided that Batman could take out a T-Rex, I thought it's only fair to move it up a notch and see if he can take out...

Batman (pre-52)

No Caption Provided

vs

King Kong (last movie)

No Caption Provided

Random encounter, in character, win by death or KO. Battle in a field surrounded by trees and large rocks (similar to Kong image). There is enough fallen wood around to make a spear if needed.

Batman has all his standard equipment.

Journal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By Journal

Batman has beaten Gorillas Before. I'm sure he could take King Kong.

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

King Kong is just another stupid ape that was taken down by bullets in the original King Kong movie.

Batman Stomps.

Avatar image for the_peter_cosmic
The_Peter_Cosmic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By The_Peter_Cosmic

Batman gets him to ingest some type of grenade, Kong dies of internal bleeding without ever knowing Bats was there. With Bat stealth it would be easy. Also, Kong's not much of a thinker.

The_Roman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By The_Roman

@Journal: You do know how big King Kong is right? There is no way Batkick is going to do anything.

k4tzm4n

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

User Lists: 1

#5  Edited By k4tzm4n  Moderator

Saying King Kong was taken down bullets is vastly underestimating him.  Why do people cite that but not the time he took on 3 T-Rexs and kept fighting even though his arms were bit numerous times (I'd have to re-watch, but I think they got their teeth on him at least twice)?

Journal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Journal

@k4tzm4n said:

Saying King Kong was taken down bullets is vastly underestimating him. Why do people cite that but not the time he took on 3 T-Rexs and kept fighting even though his arms were bit numerous times (I'd have to re-watch, but I think they got their teeth on him at least twice)?

King Kong being take out by bullets is something that happened. Batmans bullet proof and can withstand fire alot more. Batmans dealt with bigger problems than Gorillas that scream like teenage girls. Hes beaten bears and roaring tigers before. A Bear with its big claws would tear a gorilla up.

Avatar image for OniLordAsmodeus
onilordasmodeus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By onilordasmodeus

@Journal:

I'd like to see that scan where Bat's stands there while 2 or 3 biplanes shoot him and he takes those shots unharmed.

Kingshark

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Kingshark

@Journal said:

@k4tzm4n said:

Saying King Kong was taken down bullets is vastly underestimating him. Why do people cite that but not the time he took on 3 T-Rexs and kept fighting even though his arms were bit numerous times (I'd have to re-watch, but I think they got their teeth on him at least twice)?

King Kong being take out by bullets is something that happened. Batmans bullet proof and can withstand fire alot more. Batmans dealt with bigger problems than Gorillas that scream like teenage girls. Hes beaten bears and roaring tigers before. A Bear with its big claws would tear a gorilla up.

LOL.

You are as clueless as they get on King Kong.

1.) Kong is bigger than an Elephant

2.) Comparing a 400 pound Gorilla to King Kong is worthless.

3.) Kong beat 3 T-Rex's in a fight while trying to protect a girl.

Yeah. Batman is getting owned.

ximpossibrux

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By ximpossibrux

@Kingshark said:

@Journal said:

@k4tzm4n said:

LOL.

How dare you bring logic to this thread.

k4tzm4n

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

#10  Edited By k4tzm4n  Moderator
  • @Journal
  • Batman's durability against bullets is completely irrelevant because King Kong isn't using a gun.  He's using blunt force and even his teeth.  If Kong connects, it'll be devastating.
  • Thinking King Kong is merely a "gorilla scream like teenage girls" shows you have much to learn about the character.  Please watch the clip below with an open mind.
  • Batman beating bears and tigers has nothing to do with this, nor does "a bear beating a gorilla."  King Kong isn't an ordinary Gorilla and it's far more dangerous than the former animals listed.  
Again, please do your best to watch this with an open mind and not "I need to find a way to downplay this."  Thanks. 

Part 1: 

Part 2: 

Could Batman win?  That all depends on how his more varied weapons (gas, electric, cyro) will impact Kong.  Regardless, it'll be an uphill struggle for him due to Kong's speed, reach and strength.  Given the environment and his tech, it's certainly possible he'll win, but I imagine it won't be easy at all.  Certainly a fun fight to think about, @WillPayton
willpayton

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By willpayton

@Journal said:

Batman has beaten Gorillas Before. I'm sure he could take King Kong.

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

King Kong is just another stupid ape that was taken down by bullets in the original King Kong movie.

Batman Stomps.

Are you serious?

Journal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Journal

@Kingshark said:

@Journal said:

@k4tzm4n said:

LOL.

Kongs beaten T-Rex in non canon and?

Batmans beaten the Hulk before.

No Caption Provided
Journal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Journal

@k4tzm4n: I'll watch the videos right here in a second, but I mine as well make a Batman vs Jaws thread and when people rant on about how Batmans taken a shark down, then my excuse can be " Well Jaws isnt just a regular shark hes a supernatural shark. " which he was. Actually after I think of it. That would of been a better thread.

Avatar image for OniLordAsmodeus
onilordasmodeus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By onilordasmodeus

@Journal said:

No Caption Provided

LMAO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

WOW!!!!!!

terry2012

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#15  Edited By terry2012

@Kingshark: This.

willpayton

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By willpayton

King Kong isnt even remotely comparable to a gorilla. Kong would kill a gorilla by flicking it with his fingers. He was able to defeat 3 T-Rexs while holding on to the girl and keeping her safe. Heck, if he didnt have to worry about the girl, I think he'd be able to take on 4 T-Rexs.

DrRenekton

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By DrRenekton

@Journal said:

@Kingshark said:

@Journal said:

@k4tzm4n said:

LOL.

No Caption Provided

Cross-overs are non-cannon.

The_Ghostshell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#18  Edited By The_Ghostshell

King Kong is more then a Gorilla, but in-character, Batman with standard gear, I dont really see why he wouldnt be able to KO King King through some intricately devised plan using vines, cliffs, gadgets, etc. Its been awhile since I watched the movie but wasnt he subdued by normal sedation? By that I mean it wasn't some meticulously crafted exotic compound, its was just a lot of basic sedatives. Or am I wrong?

willpayton

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By willpayton

@Gambler said:

King Kong is more then a Gorilla, but in-character, Batman with standard gear, I dont really see why he wouldnt be able to KO King King through some intricately devised plan using vines, cliffs, gadgets, etc. Its been awhile since I watched the movie but wasnt he subdued by normal sedation? By that I mean it wasn't some meticulously crafted exotic compound, its was just a lot of basic sedatives. Or am I wrong?

I'm sure Kong is susceptible to sleep gas, but Batman will need a whole lot of it. I doubt he carries that much in his belt.

Hksaru

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By Hksaru

Indeed, Kong took a massive bottle of pure chloroform to the nostrils and was only slowed down. It took multiple bottles I believe, and direct hits at that, while he was distracted by others. Nothing Batman keeps in his belt will knock Kong out cold, and Kong would easily sidestep a smoke bomb or the sort. Kong is also not stupid, he is very intelligent. However he is not belligerent either.

Bats could escape to safety with ease at the start of their encounter. He could then make plans to incapacitate/KO Kong, but being stuck on the island they would be folly against the giant; or he could outright attempt to escape the island which would be the much wiser decision. If Bats doesn't run away straight up, and tries to face Kong, he's his new playtoy, and if he enrages the beast he's dead meat.

rpottage

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By rpottage

Though King Kong is far bigger, stronger, and more durable; Batman has far superior agility, intelligence, combat speed, and stealth. With his gadgets, Batman can take King Kong by with a strong gas attack (directed), using his explosive but getting Kong to swallow them first, or by tricking Kong (which would be the easiest for Batman).

Batman takes the solid majority.

willpayton

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By willpayton

@Hksaru said:

Indeed, Kong took a massive bottle of pure chloroform to the nostrils and was only slowed down. It took multiple bottles I believe, and direct hits at that, while he was distracted by others. Nothing Batman keeps in his belt will knock Kong out cold, and Kong would easily sidestep a smoke bomb or the sort. Kong is also not stupid, he is very intelligent. However he is not belligerent either.

Bats could escape to safety with ease at the start of their encounter. He could then make plans to incapacitate/KO Kong, but being stuck on the island they would be folly against the giant; or he could outright attempt to escape the island which would be the much wiser decision. If Bats doesn't run away straight up, and tries to face Kong, he's his new playtoy, and if he enrages the beast he's dead meat.

Batman has to stay in the area of the battle and fight. Stealth and hiding is ok, but running away isnt. Running away is basically BFR. If he BFR's himself, he loses.

jonEsherfey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#23  Edited By jonEsherfey

King Kong will beat Batman. Yes Batman has beaten a Gorilla but that was the golden age so that is not as credible. King Kong has taken out multiple dinosaurs.

Journal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By Journal

@DrRenekton said:

No Caption Provided

@Journal said:

@Kingshark said:

@Journal said:

@k4tzm4n said:

LOL.

You do know Canon means " exist " if the comic exist thats what canon means.

Edit: A Guy told me that.

britsera

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By britsera

Batman takes it. This guy has a giant crocodile-man, orca-human thing, clay monster and man-bat in his rouges gallery. I think he can handle an oversized gorilla.

He wouldn't KO in a straight fight (Kong is just too big). He'd probably make him fall in a lake or down of cliff or drop a tree on him or something, using the environment and etc etc.

Eternal19

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By Eternal19

@Journal said:

@DrRenekton said:

No Caption Provided

@Journal said:

@Kingshark said:

@Journal said:

@k4tzm4n said:

LOL.

in comic book terms "canon" means that it is considered part of that charecters continuity. crossovers arent canon so, they cant be referenced in a battle.

Journal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By Journal

Batman beats King Kong.

King Kong can't even withstand bullets from the Military base. Batman can with ease.

Batman Stomps.

Journal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By Journal

@Eternal19 said:

@Journal said:

@DrRenekton said:

No Caption Provided

@Journal said:

@Kingshark said:

@Journal said:

@k4tzm4n said:

LOL.

in comic book terms "canon" means that it is considered part of that charecters continuity. crossovers arent canon so, they cant be referenced in a battle.

Neither is that King Kong vs T-Rex battle.

Eternal19

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By Eternal19

@Journal said:

@Eternal19 said:

@Journal said:

@DrRenekton said:

No Caption Provided

@Journal said:

@Kingshark said:

@Journal said:

@k4tzm4n said:

LOL.

the OP said that it was the King Kong from the last movie. So, that T-Rex battle is canon for that version of King Kong.

Journal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By Journal

@Eternal19 said:

@Journal said:

@Eternal19 said:

@Journal said:

@DrRenekton said:

No Caption Provided

@Journal said:

@Kingshark said:

@Journal said:

@k4tzm4n said:

LOL.

the OP said that it was the King Kong from the last movie. So, that T-Rex battle is canon for that version of King Kong.

When King Kong doesnt get taken down by bullets on the Military base than I would care to believe that King Kong can beat a guy who can resist bullets, has taken out bigger problems then military bases before....etc

No the T-Rex vs King Kong fight is not canon. If so prove it.

Avatar image for essentiallyheroes
EssentiallyHeroes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Batman easily. He's taken down much worse than Kong.

Eternal19

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By Eternal19

@Journal said:

@Eternal19 said:

@Journal said:

@Eternal19 said:

@Journal said:

@DrRenekton said:

No Caption Provided

@Journal said:

@Kingshark said:

@Journal said:

@k4tzm4n said:

LOL.

When King Kong doesnt get taken down by bullets on the Military base than I would care to believe that King Kong can beat a guy who can resist bullets, has taken out bigger problems then military bases before....etc

The OP said that The King Kong is the one from the latest movie so the T-rex fight is canon for that version of King Kong. Batman doesnt use guns so your argument for King Kong being taken down by bullets doesnt matter. The only way that batman can beat King Kong is if he has prep otherwise he doesnt have the proper gear to face King Kong.

Journal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By Journal

@Eternal19 said:

@Journal said:

@Eternal19 said:

@Journal said:

@Eternal19 said:

@Journal said:

@DrRenekton said:

No Caption Provided

@Journal said:

@Kingshark said:

@Journal said:

@k4tzm4n said:

LOL.

The OP said that The King Kong is the one from the latest movie so the T-rex fight is canon for that version of King Kong. Batman doesnt use guns so your argument for King Kong being taken down by bullets doesnt matter. The only way that batman can beat King Kong is if he has prep otherwise he doesnt have the proper gear to face King Kong.

Just because the op says we are using that version of King Kong doesnt mean its Canon, it just means we can use those feats from that movie of Kong beating T-Rex. King Kong in the original was taken out by bullets. Batman doesnt need guns. Batman has an EMP......... One EMP blast and King Kong is finished! Batman is strong enough to bend steel doors. Batman has explosives. Batman has also kicked trees off.

Batmans even wrecked Clayface, Multiple versions of Clayface. Batman could probably melt Kong with Oxy Torch which is extremely hot. He wrecked a Superman robot from the Fortress of Solitude with a sonic device,he can do the same to King Kong.

Batmans dealt with far bigger problems than a Gorilla like King Kong.

Eternal19

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By Eternal19

@Journal said:

No Caption Provided

@Eternal19 said:

@Journal said:

@Eternal19 said:

@Journal said:

@Eternal19 said:

@Journal said:

@DrRenekton said:

@Journal said:

@Kingshark said:

@Journal said:

@k4tzm4n said:

LOL.

Just because the op says we are using that version of King Kong doesnt mean its Canon, it just means we can use those feats from that movie of Kong beating T-Rex. King Kong in the original was taken out by bullets. Batman doesnt need guns. Batman has an EMP......... One EMP blast and King Kong is finished! Batman is strong enough to bend steel doors. Batman has explosives. Batman has also kicked trees off.

Batmans even wrecked Clayface, Multiple versions of Clayface. Batman could probably melt Kong with Oxy Torch which is extremely hot. He wrecked a Superman robot from the Fortress of Solitude with a sonic device,he can do the same to King Kong.

this isnt the original king kong its the version from the latest movie. The OP says batman has his standard gear and what would an EMP do anyway EMPs are meant for shutting of electronics. batman fights huge problems by being prepared, the OP doesnt state that batman has prep and says that he only has standard gear. The newest version of king Kong had to be shot down by airplanes to be killed and airplane bullets are much bigger than gun bullets. The only way for batman to win this is if he has prep which he doesnt so batman loses

Journal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By Journal

@Eternal19 said:

@Journal said:

No Caption Provided

@Eternal19 said:

@Journal said:

@Eternal19 said:

@Journal said:

@Eternal19 said:

@Journal said:

@DrRenekton said:

@Journal said:

@Kingshark said:

@Journal said:

@k4tzm4n said:

LOL.

this isnt the original king kong its the version from the latest movie. The OP says batman has his standard gear and what would an EMP do anyway EMPs are meant for shutting of electronics. batman fights huge problems by being prepared, the OP doesnt state that batman has prep and says that he only has standard gear. The newest version of king Kong had to be shot down by airplanes to be killed and airplane bullets are much bigger than gun bullets. The only way for batman to win this is if he has prep which he doesnt so batman loses

Oh, well maybe you're right.

Batman may lose in Random Encounter cause your right, he doesnt always carry EMP and all that other deadly equipment hes got. He only uses it for prep. So King Kong may win here like you said. If he had prep than I would definitely go with Batman.

willpayton

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By willpayton

@Journal said:

@Eternal19 said:

I have no idea why there's all this discussion about "canon" about this fight. As far as canon, that only applies here to Batman. Canon simply means what stories are officially accepted as part of that characters continuity, specifically when a character has many serialized stories and a specific mythology. So, for example, fan fiction is not canon. Neither are some cross-overs because they happen in a different universe, or continuity, than the character lives in. Or, New-52 stories would also not apply, or Kingdom Come, or anything else with a different version of Batman.

So, in this fight, it's pre-52 Batman, so only the feats that happen in that versions canon are applicable. Fighting Hulk is not canon, hence doesnt apply.

The version of King Kong in this fight is the one in the 2005 movie, so... obviously... anything that happens in that movie applies. Any other feats would have to happen in official canon stories that involve that same version of the character, etc, which there arent any.

willpayton

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By willpayton

@Journal said:

Batman may lose in Random Encounter cause your right, he doesnt always carry EMP and all that other deadly equipment hes got. He only uses it for prep. So King Kong may win here like you said. If he had prep than I would definitely go with Batman.

BTW I'd like to clarify for anyone who's confused, an EMP is an electro-magnetic pulse, and is generally caused by things like lightning, nuclear weapons, etc. There are different types, but generally they are a very fast-changing magnetic pulse that can cause current surges in electronic equipment, therefore burning them out.

EMPs dont really affect organic lifeforms that much. They are dangerous against electronics. Of course, if you have some metallic implants or pacemaker, you might be screwed.

Quartermaim

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By Quartermaim

Batman doesn't have prep, he is in a jungle like setting.

Kong basically has homefield advantage.

With no prep against Kong's strength, speed, size, and reach. Kong is going to take this one.

robertloucksjr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By robertloucksjr

Kong in what could literally turn into a stomp. Kong is probably 25 foot and who knows how many tons. He also seems to be fast, durable, and has superhuman senses. Bats with standard gear in the ape's environment has no chance.

Bats can't take Hulk either. Kicking Hulk in the solar plexus with peak human strength won't even tickle him.

terry2012

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By terry2012

@robertloucksjr: Exactly.

willpayton

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By willpayton

bump

Emperorb777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By Emperorb777

Batman could win this with the right use of his equipment and the area other than that he has no other possible way of winning.

minigunman123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#43  Edited By minigunman123

@WillPayton said:

@Journal said:

BTW I'd like to clarify for anyone who's confused, an EMP is an electro-magnetic pulse, and is generally caused by things like lightning, nuclear weapons, etc. There are different types, but generally they are a very fast-changing magnetic pulse that can cause current surges in electronic equipment, therefore burning them out.

EMPs dont really affect organic lifeforms that much. They are dangerous against electronics. Of course, if you have some metallic implants or pacemaker, you might be screwed.

This.

@Journal said:

@Eternal19 said:

@Journal said:

@Eternal19 said:

@Journal said:

@DrRenekton said:

No Caption Provided

@Journal said:

@Kingshark said:

@Journal said:

@k4tzm4n said:

LOL.

This is so wrong it's not even funny.

I realize that you've conceded the T-rex fight, but King Kong was shot by airplanes. The version of Batman being used in this thread, has never been in his normal, kevlar/spandex uniform, and been shot by an airplane's cannon over and over, and lived. That is very, very, very bad reasoning. Kevlar can't even stop most military rifle rounds without additional armor, or luck. It's useful for protection because it can protect against low-powered gun rounds, and it can protect against shrapnel, knives, and other sharp but low speed objects, and when combined with ceramic plating (the armor the military actually uses to stop bullet rounds against personnel), it can provide a little bit of cushioning (albeit not much). It's durable, flexible, stretchable, and useful in most non-military situations, and in most non-warzone situations. Against a high powered handgun or most rifles, kevlar by itself isn't very useful at all. Even against low powered guns, the bullet would cause tremendous blunt trauma. Batman has never been "bullet proof". He almost always dodges bullets, and in his Year One book, he even gets shot a few times and gets nearly immobilized by the police. He's athletic and acrobatic and agile, that's the real reason he normally doesn't get shot.

Now. As for King Kong.

What kind of device do you think Batman would casually have with him which could take down King Kong?

debeze

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By debeze

batman is a bada$$ so he wins :D

Avatar image for t800_raped_t1000
T800_raped_T1000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By T800_raped_T1000

Batman Stomps King Kong....... real hard.

Asagod

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By Asagod

King Kong can easily rip Batman in half.

robertloucksjr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By robertloucksjr

Sigh, I voted that Captain America could not take Kong, so Batman sure as hell can't.

Avatar image for essentiallyheroes
EssentiallyHeroes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Batman gets a really big rug.

No Caption Provided
nickzambuto

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49  Edited By nickzambuto

@The_Roman said:

@Journal: You do know how big King Kong is right? There is no way Batkick is going to do anything.

willpayton

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50  Edited By willpayton

@nickzambuto said:

@The_Roman said:

Damn!