Batman vs Deathstroke?

CF12793

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#151  Edited By CF12793

Slade barely wins feeling wounds for days after the fight...

I don't actually count that fight as happening, mainly because it was poorly written from my perspective. Deathstroke is supposed to be DC's Ultimate soldier, well above human in every possible regard. Genetically enhanced body and mind, beyond the capabilities of any normal human. Despite all of his crazy feats, Batman is still a normal human. Don't get me wrong, an incredibly well-trained human, but a human no less. So how exactly can he compete with someone who goes well beyond the limitations of a normal human? How is it that he can compete against someone that can think 9 times faster than him? How is he supposed to inflict damage on someone with enhanced durability and an accelerated healing factor? I honestly feel like Deathstroke should mop the floor with Batman everytime based on the character's powerset, but writers always have a way of downplaying the villain's abilities and always making the hero the winner (even if Batman didn't win that fight.)

Wolverine008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

@cf12793: I don't think that it's Deathstroke getting played down more than the way comics get written. Martial skill is something of a superpower within itself, and Batman has the aforementioned superpower in spades. It is pretty commonly accepted that he is superior in skill to Deathstroke, and I think it's what helps him hang with Slade in their fights. Captain America has been able to have a decent fight with the physical freak John Steele who could fold in steel tanks and was bulletproof because he was more skilled and better trained, Wolverine has been curbstomping Sabretooth for a while now even though Victor has always been portrayed as faster and stronger(Jobbing maybe), Daredevil regularly slaps shots with people physically superior to him in areas besides agility because of his skill. I could keep going on, but skill goes along way in comic book fights, and reduces the advantage of stat gaps more than it realistically should.

Avatar image for deactivated-5edd330f57b65
deactivated-5edd330f57b65

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@cf12793: Because Batman has much more martial arts skill than Slade.

CF12793

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@wolverine08: I understand what you're saying, but from my perspective the gap in skill shouldn't be as big of a factor as much as it is, because Deathstroke has been trained extensively in many forms of unarmed combat as well. Sure, maybe not as many styles as Bruce, but Slade still does have enhanced physical attributes that are well above Bruce's. You're right, though, skill in comics essentially lets characters get away with things that no regular human should be able to do. Cap and Batman, as much as I love them, are prime examples of doing things all the time that no one on Earth can do. I really hate when people say that they love Batman because he's a "regular human that doesn't need superpowers" because really, he does as many unbelievable things as any other comic book character.

Wolverine008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@cf12793 said:

@wolverine08: I understand what you're saying, but from my perspective the gap in skill shouldn't be as big of a factor as much as it is, because Deathstroke has been trained extensively in many forms of unarmed combat as well. Sure, maybe not as many styles as Bruce, but Slade still does have enhanced physical attributes that are well above Bruce's. You're right, though, skill in comics essentially lets characters get away with things that no regular human should be able to do. Cap and Batman, as much as I love them, are prime examples of doing things all the time that no one on Earth can do. I really hate when people say that they love Batman because he's a "regular human that doesn't need superpowers" because really, he does as many unbelievable things as any other comic book character.

Hey, hey! If you work hard enough, you can bench press 1,000 lbs. and fight for 28 hours straight just like Batman!

CF12793

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#156  Edited By CF12793

@wolverine08: i guess I'll have to start working on this routine then.

No Caption Provided

Seems easy enough...

Wolverine008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@cf12793: Well, you may sacrifice all the time in your life to get that routine done, but at least you'll look like a walking landmass after!

Shawnbaby

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#158  Edited By Shawnbaby

@cf12793 said:

No Caption Provided

Seems easy enough...

Oh and when you're done all that...go out and fight Crime all night.

XiiX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Deathstroke, per usual.

Wolverine008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@cf12793 said:

No Caption Provided

Seems easy enough...

Oh and when you're done all that...go out and fight Crime all night.

You make it sound like it's hard!

XiiX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No Caption Provided

@wolverine08: It may be difficult, but nothing is impossible. If you apply yourself, you too, can kick God's vengeance square in the face

Wolverine008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@xiix: Yeah! I just got to believe! Why does Batman do crazy stuff?

Loading Video...

XiiX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Wolverine008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@xiix: Batman likes what he sees!

No Caption Provided

XiiX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#165  Edited By XiiX
reaverlation

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Shawnbaby

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No Caption Provided

Wolverine008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#168  Edited By Wolverine008

@shawnbaby: Lumpy muscle definition? B%tch please!

No Caption Provided

comic_book_fan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@cf12793: he don't have the skill advantage that counts but he would still win the majority

Shawnbaby

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Wolverine008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@shawnbaby: Batman is just too masculine for you wimp!

Shawnbaby

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Wolverine008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@wolverine08 said:

@shawnbaby: Batman is just too masculine Fugly for you wimp sir!

Indeed

I'm sorry brah, but you just don't know a sexy body when you see one!

Shawnbaby

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Wolverine008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#175  Edited By Wolverine008

@shawnbaby: Oh my! I think I have to take back my comment about your taste in bodies! Give Huge Jackedman a rating!

No Caption Provided

Shawnbaby

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#176  Edited By Shawnbaby
Wolverine008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@shawnbaby: I can't believe you wouldn't bang Huge Jacked Man! How about Superman?

No Caption Provided

Shawnbaby

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@shawnbaby: I can't believe you wouldn't bang Huge Jacked Man! How about Superman?

@wolverine08: I can only rate based on the pics given! Hugh Jackman is not a Bang in that pic.

No Caption Provided

WarBlade539

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

senglord

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#181  Edited By senglord

@pokeysteve: And the Dixon fight happened before the Deathstroke writer said that he did not have powers or memories. Letting DS fanboys feel good that the only way that Batman could win was by a cheap shot on their hero without any of his experience, skill, gear, or powers.

Which is just one of the many things I could never stand about Deathstroke. Every time I hear how Slade is just naturally better I want to scream BS. The first fight when he just wins is the only legitimate fight. The Dixon fight was garbage. The end of the arc has Batman sniping someone for f%#^'s sake. There was a long history of Chuck Dixon not caring about feats and established power levels.

An even more blatant example is the classic Prometheus beat down of Shiva to build up Black Canary. A fake Prometheus using the original suit and helmet defeats Lady Shiva in seconds??? Even though the helmet does not copy her body reading. Then, Peometheus gets in trouble fighting Black Canary and the other BOP? The entire event was BS.

And Deathstroke wins due to the combination of his enhancements, experience, and better gear.

senglord

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@cf12793: Deathstroke does not think 9x faster than Batman. His enhancements enable him to use 90% of his brain, while normal humans only use 10%. That was false when it was written, and it is still false now. The 10% is what our minds use when we think! the rest is used for controlling everything that we do not consciously control! like sensory input and bodily functions. Slade is able to use and integrate most of what his enhanced senses perceive from the outside world. This gives him a superhuman spatial and tactical awareness at all times. It does not make him smarter. If his brain is faster, it would not be from the 90% thing! unless it is more wrong pseudoscience.

He has the strength of ten men. Which would make him able to bench press around 1300-1500 lbs max.

His max speed is over 30mph. And has a HF that can heal fatal wounds, making DS immortal.

Batman on the other hand benches over 1000 lbs regularly. Can reach speeds over 30mph. Knows how to control all of his body processes. Knows healing meditations. Has learned concentration techniques to utilize his subconscious. Has reflexes that can catch arrows from the air and dodge bullets fired from behind.

Batman loses to DS the same way that an elite athlete that is clean will almost always lose to an athlete that is a little less skilled but using performance enhancements.

Bruce is almost 3/4 as strong as Slade in his original series. The newer ones have blatantly increased his powerset as the sales and overall quality went down.

Pokeysteve

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#183  Edited By Pokeysteve

@senglord said:

@pokeysteve: And the Dixon fight happened before the Deathstroke writer said that he did not have powers or memories. Letting DS fanboys feel good that the only way that Batman could win was by a cheap shot on their hero without any of his experience, skill, gear, or powers.

Which is just one of the many things I could never stand about Deathstroke. Every time I hear how Slade is just naturally better I want to scream BS. The first fight when he just wins is the only legitimate fight. The Dixon fight was garbage. The end of the arc has Batman sniping someone for f%#^'s sake. There was a long history of Chuck Dixon not caring about feats and established power levels.

An even more blatant example is the classic Prometheus beat down of Shiva to build up Black Canary. A fake Prometheus using the original suit and helmet defeats Lady Shiva in seconds??? Even though the helmet does not copy her body reading. Then, Peometheus gets in trouble fighting Black Canary and the other BOP? The entire event was BS.

And Deathstroke wins due to the combination of his enhancements, experience, and better gear.

No idea what this has to do with me and I'm not scrolling through 4 pages and 180+ posts to find out. Next time use the quote instead of reply please.

Avatar image for deactivated-63665f9fbd262
deactivated-63665f9fbd262

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Random Encounter = DS

Batman has Prep = Batman

DS has prep = DS

Both has prep = Debatable

CF12793

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@senglord: The questions were hypothetical, I already know all of the stuff you mentioned. Really I was just nitpicking at the fact that they've put Batman close to Slade's level which to me is ridiculous because I feel as if a properly written Slade should have 0 trouble with Batman or any of his respected "Bat" family members. They could have gone either way with Slade, either upgrading his abilities year by year like they do with other characters, or they can downsize them. And they chose to downsize them. That's why people have trouble believing that he can take on the JLA without much trouble but barely take on Batman or Batgirl. Really the writing of the character is all over the place, but hey, he's a villain and villains are often like that.

senglord

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@cf12793: quote:@senglord: The questions were hypothetical, I already know all of the stuff you mentioned. Really I was just nitpicking at the fact that they've put Batman close to Slade's level which to me is ridiculous because I feel as if a properly written Slade should have 0 trouble with Batman or any of his respected "Bat" family members. They could have gone either way with Slade, either upgrading his abilities year by year like they do with other characters, or they can downsize them. And they chose to downsize them. That's why people have trouble believing that he can take on the JLA without much trouble but barely take on Batman or Batgirl. Really the writing of the character is all over the place, but hey, he's a villain and villains are often like that." :end quote.

There is some issue with what a properly written Slade should even look like. If you go by the Slade from his early years like his fight with Batman, the fight would be quite consistent. This was a point when Bruce would take Hal Jordan's ring at will, disappear from Superman and Flash, and beat up Aquaman for goodness sake. The fact that Batman could also embarrass the Teen Titans should also be taken into account.

And the classic 1980's Slade was enhanced beyond human ability, but not so much that he was just superhuman. His strength and speed were nothing that Batman and the Bat family have not dealt with until that point. They have also dealt with experienced soldiers and lifelong elite fighters. Slade also wore armor that was well beyond most of Natman's non Justice League fights and encounters. Killer croc was stronger than Slade in the 1980s. Captain Boomerang was faster than Slade. But Batman could school both with little trouble. Lex was much smarter than DS and Batman, yet he has consistently been able to deduce and counter his plans.

Slade brings too many integrated physical advantages overall for Batman to win against legitimately in a straight hand to hand. But this is not a fight against Wolverine, this is a fight against 1980s Captain America. Batman would lose the hand to hand there too. With similar results.

Properly written should go with the more popular incarnation. And the Marv Wolfman incarnation has always been the best version as far as popular feats and storylines. He can take on teams of inexperienced superhumans using his enhancements and experience. He lost his legitimacy when he was suddenly able to surprise Superman with his physicals and take on experienced Justice League teams.

And a Slade with no memories, combat experience, or enhancements should have no chance of beating Batman the way he was being written in the mid 1990s. He was ripping out prison bats with his bare hands, chasing down cars, destroying choppers with batarangs, and all sorts of ridiculousness.

And his durability was not downsized in the first fight. He would get shot and stabbed and it would take time to heal. And Batman was hitting Slade with force that would incapacitate or kill an ordinary person. Esp when he swings into him at high velocity. The way that impact was displayed should have killed Slade if he were human. Instead he gets up, beats Bruce's a$$, and feels like crap. As he should. A fight against an elite martial artist that can kick down trees should be close to getting hit by a car.

And Slade is one of the few villains that are consistently made better over the years. He goes from needing prep to fight inexperienced Teen Titans, to soloing the JLA with almost no prep. He goes from getting bruised up beating down Batman, to pounding him twice without any training or powers. Really downgraded there. If you cannot see why so many people hate Slade for the majority of his high end feats, you need to check the feats of the people he has beat. Flash? After all the years he had tooled Wally when he was a kid, he was able to do it when he had a decade of being flash under his belt?!

Or ANY of his feats beating a Green Lantern being remotely legit? Kyle punching an enhanced metahuman with his fist is not PIS? Slade soloing the runaway ravagers after they showed some serious area effect powers? Backstabbing superman with Kryptonite? Fighting Lobo? Who could take on Apollo and Modnighter? Having more skills than Zealot? Look up her skills to see how wrong that was. Being able to beat up on Wonder Woman at all?

If his character was in any way shown as legitimately being of the level that you claim him to be, all these feats are reasonable. His enhancements put him in the league of a warrior with thousands of years of combat experience and Superman level stats. Who gets shot and wounded by no name characters regularly in ALL his titles. That is something that people forget about him. Slade was designed as a Captain America level street leveler. Taking him above that has always been a mistake. And the sales reflect that.

CF12793

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#187  Edited By CF12793

@senglord: You really think I'm going to read all this?

dondave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Slade

Wolverine008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#189  Edited By Wolverine008
CF12793

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@cf12793 said:

LMFAO!

People have got to understand how apathetic I am when it comes to these things. I'm a fan of these characters, but I simply don't have the time to discuss them in that much detail. Too many other things going on these days in my life. I'm actually trying to kick Comic vine entirely with the occasional week visit.

senglord

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@wolverine08: @cf12793: Quote"@wolverine08 said:

@cf12793 said:

LMFAO!

People have got to understand how apathetic I am when it comes to these things. I'm a fan of these characters, but I simply don't have the time to discuss them in that much detail. Too many other things going on these days in my life. I'm actually trying to kick Comic vine entirely with the occasional week visit." End quote.

Just trying to put my full reasoning out there. Have not read much on DS in the 90s and on. Did not get interested until I fell into Infinite Crisis and started looking into his older feats. He has been buffed over the years by a lot. As has every other character except the ones that sell. The slipping market and dollar share testify to that.

Erkan12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#192  Edited By Erkan12

Bat wins via plot...

Jraerni_shazam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I think H2H batman could win but DS armor and amped abilities give him a good edge and that he's not afraid to kill but batmans got a lot of tricks up that suit so I'd have to give it 50/50

senglord

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#194  Edited By senglord

@jraerni_shazam:

"I think H2H batman could win but DS armor and amped abilities give him a good edge and that he's not afraid to kill but batmans got a lot of tricks up that suit so I'd have to give it 50/50"

Slade does not try to kill heroes unless he agrees to kill them. Or they get in his way. As it is, he actually should win a majority even if Batman used gear. His best hits were all surprise attacks using his stealth and Slade's blind side.

senglord

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

If people seriously looked at what caused all the injury to Slade in the rooftop fight it would not seem so strange. On the panel before Batman hits him, Slade has the orange facing the window glass. Leaving him vulnerable to a sneak attack from Batman on his blind side. He was also rocked from the first half of the fight slightly. From the setup, Batman had to swing into Slade from at least thirty feet up or more. And the point of impact was a kick to Slade's head and upper body. The other major impacts were surprise strikes with gravity and Batman's full body weight. A normal person would be killed outright by the impact. Slade was only messed up.

DarthAznable

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#196  Edited By DarthAznable

Batman loses all his random encounters. Sigh

senglord

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

darthaznable: "Batman loses all his random encounters. Sigh"

Worse is when he is physically outmatched and repeats the same failed tactic to make a character look good. But with Slade, everyone fights to Slade's advantage and their disadvantage. Confined area with nowhere do evade. First fight.

Dixon fight was even worse. Going in hand to hand against someone suspected of being superhuman and experienced in beating your main protege on a regular basis? PIS, but nowhere near as bad as the things other heroes are forced to do. So I swallowed it when I read it on these threads. Again and again. But it is time to call it what it was. He consistently used stealth against metahuman opponents that outmatched him. Except when he fought Slade. And Slade has been caught off guard with powers and "without" .

And anyone who spends minutes on the ground with a visible hole through their head where their brain has been blown out, dies if they are human. Not spend time in a hospital for a few days and get some payback. That is BS. And people use it as a feat for how he is better than Batman as a normal peak human. Wolverine had to fight the angel of death when someone detonated a grenade in his mouth. His brain was encased in adamantium. Making the damage a massive brain scrambling concussion. That left his body intact, but his brain dead. Wolverine had a brain injury that was less extensive than what happened to Slade. But Slade healed up just fine. Without enhancements. Right.

DarthAznable

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@senglord: Deathstroke is just wrote up to look better than Bats in some cases imo. Sure he has him beat in physicals but Batman's martial skill should at least have a better showing. Bronze Tiger who's a little bit better than Batman beat Slade I think twice. Batman when he first encounters his opponents it feels like he just fumbles into them.

Avatar image for killah_ofthaday
killah_ofthaday

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Slade Enjoys fight batman with out a doubt, i believe batman will lose to deathstroke in a battle but if it become long term batman whoops his ass

Wolverine008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#200  Edited By Wolverine008
No Caption Provided

No Caption Provided