• 124 results
Avatar image for deactivated-5e8a1f5fafc4e
deactivated-5e8a1f5fafc4e

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 4

Teachers and their students duke it out.

• Standard Gear for all
  • Morals on
  • Teams start across the street from eachother`
  • All feats can be used for each character (New/Pre-52 ect)

Round 1:

• Morals on
  • No prep
  • To KO/Incapacitation

Round 2:

• Looking to kill. Fighting seriously. Not bloodlust but as if the opponent had just killed their teammate.
  • Given 1 hour to strategize. Given basic knowledge of opponents abilities.
  • To Death
No Caption Provided

Veshark

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

Pretty sure this has been done before...

I feel like it could go either way, but I'd give a slight edge to Cap and Bucky. Buck should be able to take on Nightwing - he has superior experience and has a deadlier arsenal. That and he's a solid fighter + bionic arm and the advantages that entails. Cap would have a close win against Bats - to my knowledge nu-52 Batman doesn't have much by way of HTH; I think Cap's superior stats should give him the victory. As for Round 2, Team Batman might have the lead in terms of resources to draw from for prep, though it should be noted that Team Cap is more willing to kill.

Also, that picture of Bucky is just Buck and himself, not Steve :P

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@veshark: I searched and couldn't find any results for this battle. And yeah I know but it's the best picture I could get.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Bibidy-bump

Avatar image for deactivated-5e291995a18d6
deactivated-5e291995a18d6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

Batman and Nightwing win.

And Veshark, Batman after New 52 and before New 52 are the same Batman with some slight continuity changes, mostly in the line of the Justice League.

CalebHara

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This has been done a few times. Bruce and Dick take it.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This has been done a few times. Bruce and Dick take it.

Batman and Nightwing win.

What gives them the edge?

Avatar image for wavemotioncannon
WaveMotionCannon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By WaveMotionCannon

Cap and Bucky 5.5/10 superior physical stats, slight edge in experience/skill. Bat team may have better equipment overall.

CalebHara

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@i_like_swords: Their team chemistry, and their ability to act, move and strategize as a cohesive unit is immaculate. Team Cap cannot compare in that certain field. They are both the more skilled fighters. They have far superior gear. In round 1, it would be a long, drawn out fight, but what would secure a win for team Bats is that fact that they can fight together perfectly, team Cap cannot. In round 2, Dick or bruce could easily end the lives of team Cap in a single pressure point attack. Not to mention the fact that they can begin using lethal gear to take them out.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Batman and Nightwing would fight better as a unit, as already stated. Batman could defeat Cap, and Nightwing could beat Bucky.

Jmarshmallow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I agree with everybody else. Round one, Bat Team takes it, because of their superior teamwork. Also, because I personally believe that together they possess more H2H skills than Team Cap.

Round two, Team Cap takes it. Team Bats would originally win, especially because of prep. However, if it isn't bloodlust, I don't care HOW angry Bats is, I can't picture him allowing either himself or Nightwing to kill Cap or Bucky. I'd say it would end in a tie, but if the goal is death, then eventually Cap and Bucky would win.

So in conclusion:

Round one- Team Bats 8/10

Round two- Team Cap 9/10

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jmarshmallow: So you're saying if Batman just witnessed Cap bashing Nightwings skull in with a shield, or was witnessing it, that wouldn't drive him to kill? Same with Nightwing?

Anyone fancy debating for team Cap? I think Bucky is being underestimated here considering he is heavily armed and his Bionic arm has several uses, as well as granting him superhuman strength in that arm and enhanced reaction time. Bucky has also been shown to be fast enough to shoot 3 of Hawkeyes arrows mid-air. He also single-handedly defeated a group of ninjas and Wolverine H2H.

RogueHogue21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Only reason I see this going to Nightwing And Bats Would NOT be the team work aspect. Cap n Buck Got that. But it would be the second round when bats n nightwing had time to plan something out. . . Batman is always able to come up with ways of winning a losing battle... all geared up no prep. Cap n Buck For Sure. . Time to take tea and discuss battle tactics. . . NightWing n Bats. . hate to say it though.. really would pull for cap n buck

ThexX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By ThexX

Team Cap wins.

MT_Revolution

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

batman and nightwing do have better teamwork but they are only at the peak of th human body cap is past that and so is bucky(his arm) also caps shielf is made of adamantium it could kill nightwing since he barley wears armor and they can just gang up on bats.

Veshark

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Anyone fancy debating for team Cap? I think Bucky is being underestimated here considering he is heavily armed and his Bionic arm has several uses, as well as granting him superhuman strength in that arm and enhanced reaction time. Bucky has also been shown to be fast enough to shoot 3 of Hawkeyes arrows mid-air. He also single-handedly defeated a group of ninjas and Wolverine H2H.

I'm willing to give it a go. First off, I don't necessarily think that Nightwing and Bats have better teamwork together. According to the nu-52 timeline, Bats started his superhero work about five years prior? In that time he's trained four Robins...so that means that Nightwing can't have been serving with him long. A later issue might've addressed this so I might be wrong, but that's to my understanding. In contrast, Bucky served with Cap in WWII from 1941 to '45, that's five years of teamwork right there. And even when they met up for the first time since '45, they showed good teamwork, and Cap mentioned that it 'felt right' working with Buck again after all these years.

And I do think that Bucky is being seriously underestimated here. Aside from the five years in WWII, he's been in training and on numerous KGB operations from '54 to '73 - that's another nineteen years of selective use. And from '83 to '88, he worked as a bodyguard for his KGB handler Karpov. That's a whole load of experience that Bucky has and Nightwing doesn't. He's been constantly referred to as a skilled fighter with the feats to back it up, and he's got the more lethal weaponry too. Firearms, grenades, a bionic arm with a EMP as well as lightning strike type things.

I don't really see Team Bats going lethal for Round 2 simply because it doesn't go with their characterization, but for the sake of argument if we give an exception - I think they could take the second round.

sync1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By sync1

round 1: Team Cap (Very debatable, i'm actually starting to learn towards team Bat)

round 2: Team Bat

Avatar image for telltalegentleman
TellTaleGentleman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Round 1: Probably team Bat.... but Im not sure... Cap and Bucky have a really rough training, but Batman has a lot of gadgets, like smoke bombs and explosive batrangs.

Round 2: Team Cap.

CalebHara

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@veshark:

I'm willing to give it a go. First off, I don't necessarily think that Nightwing and Bats have better teamwork together. According to the nu-52 timeline, Bats started his superhero work about five years prior? In that time he's trained four Robins...so that means that Nightwing can't have been serving with him long. A later issue might've addressed this so I might be wrong, but that's to my understanding. In contrast, Bucky served with Cap in WWII from 1941 to '45, that's five years of teamwork right there. And even when they met up for the first time since '45, they showed good teamwork, and Cap mentioned that it 'felt right' working with Buck again after all these years.

I understand that it right to assume current versions, but Nightwing/Batman in the picture is pre-flashpoint. If that is the case, their team work skills and ability to work cohesively is immaculate. They took down a freaking amazo together. Even if Steve and Bucky do work well together, do they have any feats that suggest that they can fight/strategize as cohesively as Bruce and Dick?

And I do think that Bucky is being seriously underestimated here. Aside from the five years in WWII, he's been in training and on numerous KGB operations from '54 to '73 - that's another nineteen years of selective use. And from '83 to '88, he worked as a bodyguard for his KGB handler Karpov. That's a whole load of experience that Bucky has and Nightwing doesn't. He's been constantly referred to as a skilled fighter with the feats to back it up, and he's got the more lethal weaponry too. Firearms, grenades, a bionic arm with a EMP as well as lightning strike type things.

It would be hard to debate that Bucky is more skilled than Dick is based off of military training. Nightwing's hand-to-hand feats in my honest opinion, outclass Bucky's feats. (assuming that this is in fact pre flashpoint). Bat-family training simply outclasses raw military training. They are both capable of embarrassing entire squadrons of highly trained spec-ops units. I believe Bat family gear simple outclasses any gear that Steve or Bucky bring to the table. I can back this up if you like, they are both armed to the teeth with weaponry. This is specially effective in round two, hat can Steve or Bucky do against explosives powerful enough to blow of Amazo's legs and kill Doomsday clones?

I don't really see Team Bats going lethal for Round 2 simply because it doesn't go with their characterization, but for the sake of argument if we give an exception - I think they could take the second round.

I completely agree with this. For the sake of the OP, i think that if Bruce and Dick go in for the kill, they win round 2 hands down. They are, in my opinion more adept in their use of pressure point attacks/nerve strikes, not to mention the plethora of potentially lethal gear that they bring to the table.

Avatar image for deactivated-5b2e798651249
deactivated-5b2e798651249

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

Probably team 1.

Avatar image for deactivated-59c716930b8a6
deactivated-59c716930b8a6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Cap and Winter Soldier take first round

Bats and Nightwing take second round.

Veshark

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@veshark:

I understand that it right to assume current versions, but Nightwing/Batman in the picture is pre-flashpoint. If that is the case, their team work skills and ability to work cohesively is immaculate. They took down a freaking amazo together. Even if Steve and Bucky do work well together, do they have any feats that suggest that they can fight/strategize as cohesively as Bruce and Dick?

Well as you said, the rules do state that unless otherwise mentioned, the most current versions of the characters are being contested. Should the OP state that these are the pre-FP versions, I'll gladly concede that Team Batman has better team chemistry. But just based of the New 52, I don't think that's necessarily true. I know some might argue that pre-FP feats still count as part of continuity, but honestly the timeline's pretty muddled up, and as I said, how long could Nightwing and Bats have operated together in a five-year span?

As for the Amazo feat, I feel some context needs to be served - that it was a stripped-down prototype, and that they used the Batmobile to basically BFR it.

One notable feat of Steve and Bucky working together would be to take down a Sleeper (a giant robot) by using Master Man. While it's not mind-blowingly impressive, we do see some good teamwork here. Cap reminds Bucky of 'that time in Poland when we took down the original Master Man', and they manage to get Master Man to fly through the Sleeper robot, creating a giant hole. Cap then gives Buck a concussion charge, and Cap (knowing that he's been targeted as a secondary objective by the Sleeper), distracts the Sleeper long enough for Bucky to drop the charge inside the Sleeper, detonating it and destroying the robot. What makes it impressive was that these are two street-levelers taking down a giant robot, not to mention that it was the first time they had worked together since 1945 (over sixty years?).

It would be hard to debate that Bucky is more skilled than Dick is based off of military training. Nightwing's hand-to-hand feats in my honest opinion, outclass Bucky's feats. (assuming that this is in fact pre flashpoint). Bat-family training simply outclasses raw military training. They are both capable of embarrassing entire squadrons of highly trained spec-ops units. I believe Bat family gear simple outclasses any gear that Steve or Bucky bring to the table. I can back this up if you like, they are both armed to the teeth with weaponry. This is specially effective in round two, hat can Steve or Bucky do against explosives powerful enough to blow of Amazo's legs and kill Doomsday clones?

Not just military training alone, but just the years of combat he's seen. And much of his combat isn't just conventional armed warfare - he frequently goes up against superhuman forces both in his time with the Invaders during WWII, as well as his time under the control of the USSR. It's not so much just 'military training', but actual combat experience to factor (which surpasses Nightwing's by a good decade or two). To give a good feat, he's twice defeated Crossbones (a combatant who frequently gives Cap trouble) - and both times Crossbones had the drop on him, and in the second he even had the help of Sin. As I said earlier, I don't really see Nightwing's pre-52 feats as being valid, I'm mostly just looking at what he's done in the New 52.

As for the actual gear, again to my knowledge, we haven't seen much from new-52 Nightwing aside from electric shocks and batons. I definitely agree that Bats surpasses Cap in terms of overall gear, but I feel that Winter Soldier is bringing more to the table against Nightwing. His bionic arm is powerful to tear off Iron Man's faceplate and is capable of creating a EMP pulse to shut down any electronic gear. He carries lethal firearms and grenade charges - and is willing to cripple or kill enemies to get the win. Those explosive charges are great and all, but I don't see the Bat-Team using them save for Round 2 (and even then, it's only if you take into account pre-52 gear).

I completely agree with this. For the sake of the OP, i think that if Bruce and Dick go in for the kill, they win round 2 hands down. They are, in my opinion more adept in their use of pressure point attacks/nerve strikes, not to mention the plethora of potentially lethal gear that they bring to the table.

Indeed, they would have more gear to draw from in the Batcave. Even New-52 wise, I'd have to give Round 2 to Team Batman.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@calebhara: @veshark: I clarified what versions of the characters in the OP. Honestly not sure what the best version of each character is to use so I'm just going to say go for an overall view of each character. So all feats are valid, unless they aren't valid for another reason.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Most of Batman and Nightwing's teamwork feats are still canon. They are more skilled by far, and better strategists. Virtually all of Nightwing's pre-new 52 feats are canon, and most of Batman's are as well.

MonsterStomp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Round One: Bucky and Captain America at least 7/10 times. I believe Batman and Night can give them a run for their money do to their gadgets and equipment that Bucky and Captain America are not familiar with.

Round Two: With 1 hour to strategize and all opponents are looking to kill, I'd give it to Batman and Nightwing at least 8-9/10.

ThexX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Team Cap both rounds.

Jmarshmallow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Wow, throwback Tuesday.

After all this time, I think I changed my mind. Team Bats takes both rounds.

Bats > Cap

Bucky < or = Nightwing

Bats >>>>> Bucky.

Jmarshmallow

Wolverine008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

Jmarshmallow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@wolverine08: They both have feats that put them about equal stat-wise. If not, Cap is only slightly stronger, while Bat has better reflexes and combat speed.

Batman is the superior fighter.

And Cap's real strength over Bats is leadership. Unfortunately it's not really enough for this particular battle.

Jmarshmallow

Laughingstock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Well I feel like Batman and Nightwing have sort of an advantage here. They start out far away from each other at Times Square, so Bats and Night could grapple onto the rooftops and get an advantage there. Batman and Nightwing are better acrobats than Cap and Bucky. So from the rooftops they could escape them faster if they tried to chase them and they have a height advantage here and could leap off the roof to get shots on Cap and Buck.

Shawnbaby

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Bruce = Steve

Bucky > Dick

Steve + Bucky > Bruce

Jmarshmallow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@shawnbaby: You think Bucky is superior to Nightwing?

If I may ask, why?

Jmarshmallow

MonsterStomp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@wolverine08: They both have feats that put them about equal stat-wise. If not, Cap is only slightly stronger, while Bat has better reflexes and combat speed.

Batman is the superior fighter.

And Cap's real strength over Bats is leadership. Unfortunately it's not really enough for this particular battle.

Jmarshmallow

Well put.

tparks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I think Cap and WS for both rounds, more so in round 2 though. Overall it should be a great match. I think Cap has a slight edge or is at least equal to Batman. I think Winter Soldier has an edge over Nightwing. Cap has a better chance to one shot KO anyone here with his shield, even with The DC team's gear.

MonsterStomp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@tparks: Why round 2? Team Cap is outclassed in prep tactics.

Wolverine008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jmarshmallow: Cap has a slight physicals edge over Batman, and Batman isn't superior to Batman fighting skill wise. Feats back this up.

Wolverine008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

People really do act like no one is as skilled a fighter as Batman. Jezz.

tparks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@tparks: Why round 2? Team Cap is outclassed in prep tactics.

It's an hour to strategize, I didn't really take that as prep with bringing equipment, setting traps, or anything like that. Also, Cap and Bucky have both been strategists in scenarios where they have to kill with their war experience and they have both killed.

MonsterStomp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By MonsterStomp
@wolverine08 said:

Ha ha. Captain America could spar with Batman if he wasn't physically enhanced. The fact that Captain America is stronger, tougher, has better reflexes etc is due to his enhancements. I think he could take a majority over Batman in hand to hand due to physicals. But simply put, Batman has beaten Bane in hand to hand who is a 5 tonner.

Wolverine008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@wolverine08 said:

Ha ha. Captain America could spar with Batman if he wasn't physically enhanced. The fact that Captain America is stronger, tougher, has better reflexes etc is due to his enhancements. I think he could take a majority over Batman in hand to hand due to physicals. But simply put, Batman has beaten Bane in hand to hand who is a 5 tonner.

Cap has been stated to have mastered all the fighting styles of the world, has been noted to have such great skill that he instinctively "adapt" to any fighting style a fighter can throw at him, and has stalemated or beaten most of the Marvel U's best fighters like Wolverine, Black Panther, Daredevil, Iron Fist, Taskmaster, Shang Chi, etc. Him being physically enhanced doesn't take away from his fighting skill, and I don't see why Batman should be any more skilled than Cap.

MonsterStomp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By MonsterStomp

@monsterstomp said:
@wolverine08 said:

Cap has been stated to have mastered all the fighting styles of the world, has been noted to have such great skill that he instinctively "adapt" to any fighting style a fighter can throw at him, and has stalemated or beaten most of the Marvel U's best fighters like Wolverine, Black Panther, Daredevil, Iron Fist, Taskmaster, Shang Chi, etc. Him being physically enhanced doesn't take away from his fighting skill, and I don't see why Batman should be any more skilled than Cap.

Cap has several advantages in a fight. His physical enhancements, and his shield. Feats > statements and unfortunately Batman has more feats. Batman is a boss for peak human. Taking down Deathstroke, Bane, Lincoln March etc. Who are equal, if not better than Steve in physical enhancements.

You know, for Batman being your second favourite character you don't support him much, lol.

jashro44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

But simply put, Batman has beaten Bane in hand to hand who is a 5 tonner.

Only time batman beat Bane he was off venom. And it was extremely close.

Only time Bane was/is a 5 tonner is in the new 52 and he stomped batman.

VMole

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@wolverine08: Whether or not Captain America (or Batman for that matter) has studied or mastered all of the known martial arts in the world, I don't think it would matter too much. In all honesty, I've never understood the great debate on how mastering all martial arts in the world would greatly contribute to a victory when in fact that only a fraction of that overall knowledge would really be applicable in the majority of practical combat scenarios. Many styles would end up becoming redundant since one style could either partially cover the weaknesses of one or more styles, or even completely supplant them altogether.

Unless some of those specific martial arts can allow you to do some really off-the-wall stuff like allowing you to resist damage from Class 100 opponents or dish out the same damage against said opponents ala Iron Fist or Shang Chi, not too many of those martial arts styles have many practical applications outside of conditioning your body.

MonsterStomp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By MonsterStomp

@jashro44 said:

@monsterstomp said:

But simply put, Batman has beaten Bane in hand to hand who is a 5 tonner.

Only time batman beat Bane he was off venom. And it was extremely close.

Only time Bane was/is a 5 tonner is in the new 52 and he stomped batman.

Aah yeah. I underestimated Bane then.

Wolverine008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@wolverine08 said:

@monsterstomp said:
@wolverine08 said:

Cap has several advantages in a fight. His physical enhancements, and his shield. Feats > statements and unfortunately Batman has more feats. Batman is a boss for peak human. Taking down Deathstroke, Bane, Lincoln March etc. Who are equal, if not better than Steve in physical enhancements.

You know, for Batman being your second favourite character you don't support him much, lol.

Batman doesn't have better feats than Cap. Steve has been able to beat/stalemated most of the Marvel U's best fighters like Wolverine, Black Panther, Daredevil, Iron Fist, Taskmaster, Shang Chi, etc. He even was able to beat up 4 guys enhanced with the super soldier serum while he was 95 lbs. and frail in the scans I posted below. It's not that I don't like supporting Batman , I just hate when people downplay and underrated character's skills when they place them in a matchup against Batman.

No Caption Provided

No Caption Provided

No Caption Provided

No Caption Provided

No Caption Provided

MonsterStomp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@wolverine08: Yes, I've seen that feat. Overrated no doubt. What have those soldier's done that makes them impressive? Or are they just fodder? Nothing Nightwing or Jason Todd couldn't do.

Wolverine008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@wolverine08: Yes, I've seen that feat. Overrated no doubt. What have those soldier's done that makes them impressive? Or are they just fodder? Nothing Nightwing or Jason Todd couldn't do.

Beating 4 dudes who are low level superhumans when your a 95 lb. sickly dude using only your H2H skill is extremely impressive. Besides that, Cap has feats of beating/stalemating most of the Marvel U's best fighters like Black Panther, Iron Fist, Wolverine, Taskmaster, Shang Chi, etc. He has just as many H2H feats as Batman, and should be equal to him.

dondave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@wolverine08: Is that much if a H2H feat? All he did was kick one in the throat, shoot the other and after tripping him up hit him with a gun and a fire extinguisher

MonsterStomp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@monsterstomp said:

Beating 4 dudes who are low level superhumans when your a 95 lb. sickly dude using only your H2H skill is extremely impressive. Besides that, Cap has feats of beating/stalemating most of the Marvel U's best fighters like Black Panther, Iron Fist, Wolverine, Taskmaster, Shang Chi, etc. He has just as many H2H feats as Batman, and should be equal to him.

Stop saying that! lol. It's not doing much to your argument. Batman has feats of beating DC's top martial artists too and he's unenhanced.

Wolverine008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@wolverine08 said:

@monsterstomp said:

Stop saying that! lol. It's not doing much to your argument. Batman has feats of beating DC's top martial artists too and he's unenhanced.

Black Panther and Wolverine are both low level superhumans who have mastered all of the world's martial arts and are both extremely talented hand to hand fighters, and Cap has been able to beat/stalemate both. Steve being enhanced doesn't change the fact that he's an extremely skilled H2H fighter.

Going by your logic, Deathstroke isn't a skilled fighter because he has enhancments..........................................................................