Batman in a gauntlet (Luffy, Alucard, Dark Schneider, TTGL)

• 132 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

AAnge4315

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Edited By AAnge4315

Poll Batman in a gauntlet (Luffy, Alucard, Dark Schneider, TTGL) (39 votes)

Stops at Round 1 (Can't even defeat Luffy) 77%
Clears Round 1 (Defeats Luffy) 18%
Clears Round 2 (Defeats Luffy, Alucard) 10%
Clears Round 3 (Defeats Luffy, Alucard, Dark Schneider) 0%
Clears Round 4 (Defeats everyone) 10%

Hi,

This should be a wonderful anime/manga battle gauntlet, seeing that anime battles are no longer banned.

Batman is one of the greatest strategists in the world of comics and recently he demonstrated that by taking out the Justice League with his Justice Buster suit.

So I wonder how does he fare against the above mentioned opponents? Read the OP for the detailed rules. Its simple, no frills description and shouldn't take you more than 5 minutes.

• 
AAnge4315

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1  Edited By AAnge4315

This is an anime gauntlet where NEW 52 Batman with PREP faces off against individual opponents, round by round.

1. Round 1 against Luffy of One Piece manga
  2. Round 2 against Alucard of Hellsing manga
  3. Round 3 against Dark Schneider of Bastard!!! manga
  4. Round 4 against Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann of TTGL anime

Round 1

• Batman has 1 year of prep with access to his standard resources as seen in New 52 Comics history, but for this round he does NOT have resources from his Justice League allies.
  • Luffy is current version seen in the manga, post-timeskip with mastery over Gear 2, Gear 3 and Haki.

Round 2

• Batman has 3 years of prep with access to his standard resources as seen in New 52 Comics history, yet again for this round he does NOT have resources from his Justice League allies. He has made prior research on Alucard.
  • Alucard is that of Hellsing manga, the Schrodinger version seen in the end of the series.

Round 3

• Batman has 5 years of prep with access to all resources as seen in New 52 Comics history, which INCLUDES resources from his Justice League allies. He has made prior research on Dark Schneider.
  • Batman starts the battle while Dark Schneider is sleeping. Essentially this means Dark Schneider is caught by surprise attack for this scenario.
  • Dark Schneider can use all spells as seen in the manga series.

Round 4

• Batman has 10 years of prep with access to all resources as seen in New 52 Comics history, which INCLUDES resources from his Justice League allies. He has made prior research on TTGL and knows about spiral power.
  • Batman starts the battle on the cockpit of TTGL, undetected.
  • TTGL CANNOT use Time-based powers for this round, which is cheating and troublesome anyway since it leads to never-ending paradoxical arguments.

For all rounds, no BFR and no additional assistance during the fight itself, opponents at gauntlet are blood-lusted to the max, but Batman knows about their state of mind and will prepare against that accordingly.

How does Batman fare here?

KingOfAsh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

Batman looses. Even with prep he is out of his league.

mysticmedivh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Batman gets wrecked.

hatemalingsia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Luffy gear 2 blitzes him. Although could be interesting with Hellbat/Justice Buster armor and prep.

AAnge4315

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mysticmedivh: @kingofash: Are you guys serious? Batman with some months of prep built the Justice Buster suit, which took out the Justice League singlehandedly.

At the very least, I see Luffy and Alucard at around Justice League member's top tier material in terms of power level.

AAnge4315

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Luffy gear 2 blitzes him. Although could be interesting with Hellbat/Justice Buster armor and prep.

He should be able to use the Justice Buster armor's type of prep in both Round 1 and Round 2 --> the rules have stated that Round 1 and Round 2 he is restricted only to tech he can come up by himself. IIRC, Justice Buster armor are prep he came up by himself, but not Hellbat.

Round 3 and 4 onwards he can use Hellbat armor and other resources from his allies seen in the comics.

hatemalingsia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Justice Buster just won't cut it. Superman tossed/ripped the suit apart with no problemo. I don't see how Batman beat Luffy with precog and gear 2+. But like I said, I imagined a good fight with Batman prep-ing with sea water; in my opinion anyways.

renamed040924

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By renamed040924

@aange4315: First off, wonderful job setting up this thread, it's nice to see a well structured, original gauntlet scenario with clear details on each round. Amazing how a user with 7 posts is already better at this than some users with hundreds of posts.

As for the gauntlet itself, as impressive as Batman's recent showing against the JLA was, it might be a bit much for him. I have no doubt that he can incapacitate Luffy in some way. He already proved against Flash that he's capable of giving his armor extremely high reaction time, so speedblitzing won't happen, and despite Luffy's incredible endurance, a scientist of Batman's caliber can probably exploit his rubber properties in a creative way.

Alucard is where things get sketchy. I haven't read or watched Hellsing, but by the hype he gets on Comic Vine, Alucard is just about unbeatable, due to his regen and omnipresents. Not sure if Batman can beat him, I'd need more detailed information on Alucard.

AAnge4315

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@nickzambuto: @hatemalingsia: thanks.

Just would like to address the part about Justice Buster suit.

The point about the suit is that it is not general purpose suit, but a specialized piece of equipment meant to target specific characters in the Justice League. Without doubt, the Justice Buster suit would not be suitable against certain characters in the gauntlet, but based on the feats, there are many who would argue that Batman would find a way against them.

This is especially considering that many people had mentioned that Luffy and Alucard's power levels are top-tier Justice League material.

Pope052

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Pope052

Schneider's mere presence obliterates Bruce, but he has a rough shot otherwise.

kyrees

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

batman is not going to defeat pre-schrodinger alucard without helena's nail and without him forcing alucard to level 0 (which wouldn't even happen at all) more so in post schrodinger alucard where his omnipresence is beyond anything batman has seen.

batman is never going to defeat dark schneider and TTGL regardless of prep you give him

AAnge4315

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@leo-343: @kyrees: how about Batman reverse engineering Helena's Nail? He has done that for the radion bullet against Darkseid after all.

Pope052

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@nickzambuto: Alucard's physical offense is okay, but not extremely powerful either. If Batman's armor could handle the Justice League's punishment then he'd have no problem handling the most of what the vampire brings to the table. However, Alucard can essentially dismiss his body to become an elemental being and attack Bruce whilst unable to even be touched himself. There's that, but Alucard also has a decent enough degree of hypnotism, telekinesis, and shadow/bat-shields.

But you guessed it, Batman has no means of silencing Alucard himself.

AAnge4315

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@leo-343: Batman able to trap Flash sounds far fetched too, but it is a regular JL feat for Batman and thus not PIS. Plus, Helena's Nail is magic-based and Batman does have experience with magic.

kyrees

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@aange4315: helena's nail is a nail used to pierce jesus christ during his crucifixion. batman is not going to produce a holy item of that magnitude.

AAnge4315

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@leo-343: @kyrees: On what grounds do you classify Batman beating Flash as PIS? He has done that many times. If Doctor Doom consistently defeats OP characters you would say its not PIS, but Batman beating Flash consistently you refused to admit the same?

This extends to Helena's Nail as well.

kyrees

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By kyrees

@aange4315: it doesn't extend to this given that batman has enough data on the speed force to begin with. helena's nail ? this is a holy item that has the blood of the son of god. there's zero information to replicate it anywhere. let's not forget that helena's nail is only efficient on alucard's level 0 form, which he won't do for one man.

you're starting to become a wenjun. don't even go there. using PIS as a reason to extend to something is one of that.

AAnge4315

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By AAnge4315

@leo-343: Shouldn't happen as in you "don't like the fact that it happened", I guess?

Well, its a feat that occurred rather regularly. Batman CAN defeat Flash and vice versa too. Its not an inconsistent feat like Darkseid getting robbed, so it shouldn't be PIS.

Doctor Doom is extremely powerful is irrelevant because in the first place that power of his doesn't allow him to defeat those OP foes in a straight-up fight.

He could modify the nail and custom-make a Justice Buster suit just for Alucard.

AAnge4315

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@kyrees: define PIS please. The way I see it is that PIS refers to inconsistent feats.

kyrees

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By kyrees

@aange4315: PIS is when the writer dictates that a character defeats an even stronger character for no apparent reason. batman would never defeat flash in an actual battle unless he manages to remove the speed force from him.

you know what's batman's contigency to flash ? a vibra bullet. if you know enough of flash, that's not going to work at all. he shoots it behind flash ? the time he hears that gunshot is slower than him punching him to oblivion. that's scenario above is only applicably when flash is distracted and you can't distract a guy that sees the world in a statue motion.

AAnge4315

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@kyrees: This is overanalyzing it. Going by your standards, I can say Doctor Doom overcoming OP-characters like Beyonder are PIS too - Ignoring the logical fact that Pre-Retcon Beyonder is omnipotent in the very first place, the fact that Beyonder knows everything means that he would know that Doctor Doom would attempt such a stunt and simply go back in time to stop him.

This is what I call overanalysis.

The fact is that both of these characters have utilizes plot to win against OP-characters, and if those cannot be legit feats, then perhaps we should review the forums and prevent such double standards from happening in favour of Doctor Doom.

Am I right, @jmarshmallow and @jack_donaghy?

kyrees

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By kyrees

@aange4315: it isn't overanalyzing. it's finding the middle ground of his shown feats and establish a rapport to it. batman hasn't shown enough to say that he can defeat anyone who has no exploitable weakness or anyone who's weakness is impossible to create.

don't even argue on dr doom, he has better feats than batman has. at least on his case, the feats exists. the batgod isn't one.

one last thing, we don't use PIS as arguments in the battle forums. we use feats and batman has zero showings on extremely rare holy items and omnipresence

flashback0180

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By flashback0180

@aange4315:

I've flagged this, its a obvious spite match, anyone of them can stomp. Batmans prep is nothing but a plot device, when will the batman fans understand that.

Your argument is ridiculous how will batman prep against some who he doesn't know ANYTHING about, they are of different universes and era, Batmans I.T tech is useless to research about a pirate in a timeline without computers.

Round 1: Luffy blitz and blows his mansion away with a island busting punch.

Round 2: Alucard can't die unless he wants to. -_- He will show how frightening a REAL bat can be.

Round 3, round 4: no just no, fail thread.

You can prep and wank him to oblivion, and he still won't come to even a fraction of a multiversal level darthschnider .

Darthschnider will destroy his universe like a casual Friday .

Again fail thread and massive stomp.

AAnge4315

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@kyrees: No one is comparing Doctor Doom with Batman, most of us know that Doctor Doom would beat Batman one-on-one when both have prep.

We're just discussing the double standards against Batman here. While it is accepted that Doctor Doom can overcome more powerful opponents with plot - as I had shown that it is plot that Doctor Doom had defeated Galactus/Beyonder, people here cry and scream with rage when Batman has shown that he can overcome more powerful opponents with plot.

And since when has it shown that Batman has consistently failed to defeat anyone with no exploitable weakness? No obvious weakness does not mean no weakness at all. Batman defeated Wonder Woman, who had no obvious weakness, for quite a few times, although he gets stomped on other times as well.

And finally, I'm not using PIS as argument. Batman does show feats on using magic. He has defeated Circe with a magic spell before.

AAnge4315

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@aange4315:

I've flagged this, its a obvious spite match, anyone of them can stomp. Batmans prep is nothing but a plot device, when will the batman fans understand that.

Your argument is ridiculous how will batman prep against some who he doesn't know ANYTHING about, they are of different universes and era, Batmans I.T tech is useless to research about a pirate in a timeline without computers.

Round 1: Luffy blitz and blows his mansion away with a island busting punch.

Round 2: Alucard can't die unless he wants to. -_- He will show how frightening a REAL bat can be.

Round 3, round 4: no just no, fail thread.

You can prep and wank him to oblivion, and he still won't come to even a fraction of a multiversal level darthschnider .

Darthschnider will destroy his universe like a casual Friday .

Again fail thread and massive stomp.

I am not sure about Round 3 and Round 4 which is why I made this gauntlet. As for Round 1 and Round 2, no, just no. Stop calling that spite. You know nothing about Batman's capabilities and of what the original post had mentioned. Batman has 1 year prep against Luffy and 3 year prep against Alucard. Luffy and Alucard are on Justice League level, which Batman has counter-plans against, so what is wrong with that?

kyrees

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@aange4315: the double standards are irrelevant when doom has more showings to it. do we say all of them are PIS moments ? batman doesn't have the same frequency of feats doom has so do we argue on double standards about that ? you might as well say that batman kicking spectre is not a PIS moment.

i might as well call you wenjun because arguing on the sliver of chance that he does win is accepting the statement he can defeat even the most powerful beings in literature through sheer chance.

i did say extremely rare holy materials, not immortals that are backed with high end magic. to equate the two is false equivocation

AAnge4315

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@kyrees: how is Batman beating Flash mere chance when Batman has prepped for it and has defeated Flash frequently? Tower of Babel, Justice Buster armor are the two most prominent examples, not to mention other lesser-mentioned feats?

flashback0180

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By flashback0180

@aange4315: Batmans prep is retarded .

it's like saying kurama will create some wierd plant and solo YYH.

Or tomirod will crossbreed all the insects in time giving birth a being stronger than toriko.

Or goku will destroy the universe with 10 years of prep.

Or doomsday will defeat arch angle of he dies enough times.

Batman lacks feats especially in cannon. The one that do exist are major pis.

kyrees

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By kyrees

@aange4315: because tower of babel and justice buster features him battling beings he has worked for years with a little help on writer's intervention on telling a story. it would a different case if he fought the likes of zoom or gladiator

MetalJimmor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@aange4315:

Justice Buster can't keep up with a full speed Flash so your entire argument is invalid. The comic very specifically said the Justice League weren't in their peak form and that the armor was designed to react to a SUB-OPTIMAL speed Flash. As in, Flash not going as fast as he could.

If anything that proves that Batman's prep does have limits. He couldn't prep for a full powered Flash.

Tower of Babel was a poorly thought out plan to begin with. It wasn't PIS, but it WAS CIS. The plan itself admits that it required Flash to actively choose to phase through the bullet rather than dodge it. In other words, it needed the Flash to act in a specific way for it to work. Flash is fully capable of dodging bullets. If the writer hadn't decided he'd phase through it rather than just side stepping it the plan would have failed.

Again this shows that even with prep Batman has no REAL answer to Flash's speed. His whole plan revolved around Flash making a mistake. No decent strategist makes a game plan assuming his opponent will mess up.

Batman's prep, as great as it is, has shown to have limits. I don't know much about Luffy but I BELIEVE he is vulnerable to salt water. So Batman could conceivably do something like Boomtube him into the ocean or something.

Alucard, particularly after he gained Schrodinger's powers, cannot be beaten without reality warping abilities. We've seen Schrodinger literally manifest inside Zorin Blitz's mind and talk to her. Basically, at the start of this fight Alucard is going to appear inside Batman's heart and shoot it from the inside. He's omnipresent. He can literally be anywhere at any time, even if it's not possible to be there normally. That's not a power you can reasonably prep against.

Never read Bastard! but what from I've learned on Comicvine he's a multi-galaxy buster. Way over Batman's pay grade. Or the entire Justice League for that matter. Same for the TTGL.

A1l_S2a3m4E5N

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Why do bat-heads wank batman so much?

saying sh*t like batman wins (just cuz he has prep).

Thekillerklok

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Wow Round 4 is... just wow.

Jmarshmallow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@kyrees: This is overanalyzing it. Going by your standards, I can say Doctor Doom overcoming OP-characters like Beyonder are PIS too - Ignoring the logical fact that Pre-Retcon Beyonder is omnipotent in the very first place, the fact that Beyonder knows everything means that he would know that Doctor Doom would attempt such a stunt and simply go back in time to stop him.

This is what I call overanalysis.

The fact is that both of these characters have utilizes plot to win against OP-characters, and if those cannot be legit feats, then perhaps we should review the forums and prevent such double standards from happening in favour of Doctor Doom.

Am I right, @jmarshmallow and @jack_donaghy?

It looks like you're heading in the right direction my friend!

But personally, I think Batman can beat Luffy, but that's as far as he gets.

I dunno how you can really prep against Alucard.

Jmarshmallow

Etheral_Dreams

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Could probably beat Luffy with prep. Everyone else is too much. Alucard is an omnipresent immortal, Dark Schneider is a high-tier Skyfather level being, and TTGL shrugs off Big Bangs like nothing and can defy all logic and probability.

AAnge4315

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By AAnge4315

@kyrees said:

because tower of babel and justice buster features him battling beings he has worked for years with a little help on writer's intervention on telling a story. it would a different case if he fought the likes of zoom or gladiator

which is why when it comes to unfamiliar opponents, it is assumed he is given prep for both seeking background information (research) and the battle itself. In the case of fighting against Justice League, Batman is given prep for just the battle itself because he already has the background information.

And if Batman can learn how to make use of magic, he can learn how to make use of holy items - Keep in mind that Batman utilizing magic is not a feat of Batman using magic, but on deeper analysis, its of Batman being able to make use of unfamiliar skills/items to his advantage. As such, holy items fall into this category.

Besides, what is to prevent Batman from finding the blood of Jesus Christ so that he can injure Alucard with that?

kyrees

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By kyrees

@aange4315: as opposed to this one ? setting up a thread where the batman has maximized advantages already tells enough on how the battle does (note: batman loses). to argue on that a win will occur is skirting fanboyish fanaticism. do you see what you are arguing here ? you practically said he can find something that hasn't even existed for thousands of years and even the most biggest, organized oldest religious group in the van helsing universe has one part of it and you are going to insinuate that batman can find better than that ? do you understand what you are claiming here, wenjun ?

to argue for the most improbable of scenario is to argue said character wins for smallest chances and pre-schrodinger alucard is beyond batman's prep

AAnge4315

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By AAnge4315

@kyrees: Overanalysis.

I did not say that Batman will find the artifact on his own. Many feats of Batman has demonstrated that he plundered technology from both allies and enemies and made use of them in his contingency plans. Where in the rules does it state that Batman needs to find/build stuff on his own?

BTW, has "wenjun" become an insult on these forums? I just read up on Wenjun Chew's threads, and I think I agree with him for the most part, in terms of the double-standards against Batman and how he defines prep-time.

oblivion360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

bats could incap luffy but he's not winning anything else

kyrees

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By kyrees

@aange4315: Overestimation, skirting common sense to prove favorite heroes win.

the contingency plans of his don't include miraculously prepping items that are way beyond his paygrade and finding something that equals a holy item from a son of god's blood is beyond that. post to me a feat that shows n52 batman finding such extremely rare item or anything similar and no, circe isn't a relatable feat. pre-schrongdinger alucard can phase through walls, has abusrd regeneration and is practically unkillable if he's not on level 0.

you agree that batman with prep can defeat galactus or h'el or SBP or STTGL or basically anyone within skyfather level ?! don't make me laugh, wenjun

AAnge4315

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@kyrees: ah I see that the word "wenjun" has become an insult against perceived "fanboys". Quite sad, the guy was pretty reasonable actually, the only thing is that he had a vastly unpopular opinion (Which turned out to be logical and within common sense - It IS fact that Batman with prep always had the advantage).

Whether the item is extremely rare doesn't matter. The fact is that Batman is the world's greatest detective, if he can track something down, he will and once he found Helena's nail, he can steal it.

If Anderson can, why not Batman?

And you're now just using strawman fallacy here. Although I'm a Batman fan, I've never agreed that Batman can defeat Galactus or STTGL.

kyrees

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By kyrees

@aange4315: you are using the same argument wenjun used against me when he first said batman with prep will defeat pre-schrodinger alucard.

you do know that helena's nail is only usable when you stake it at your own heart, not on the enemy ? you do know that helena's nail affords anyone with massive regeneration, vine manipulation and holy touch but also makes that person vulnerable because of how savage and mindless that person becomes ? you do know that alucard ripped anderson's heart with helena's nail in it ?

just because he's the greatest detective and he's batman does it mean he can find something because that would mean finding a weakness on anyone regardless of powerlevels. the best he could do was bargain darkseid and he got sent back through time on his second deal. that's wenjun's defense when he can't provide proof on his claims

you agreed with wenjun's definition of prep time and majority of his threads from here and other forums depict batman with prep defeating omnipotents. you don't get to get away with that one

oblivion360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@kyrees: ah I see that the word "wenjun" has become an insult against perceived "fanboys". Quite sad, the guy was pretty reasonable actually, the only thing is that he had a vastly unpopular opinion (Which turned out to be logical and within common sense - It IS fact that Batman with prep always had the advantage).

Whether the item is extremely rare doesn't matter. The fact is that Batman is the world's greatest detective, if he can track something down, he will and once he found Helena's nail, he can steal it.

If Anderson can, why not Batman?

And you're now just using strawman fallacy here. Although I'm a Batman fan, I've never agreed that Batman can defeat Galactus or STTGL.

• the nail was given to anderson by the vatican.
  • in order to kill alucard with the nail alucard must use up all his power and become vulnerable
  • to combat alucard batman must stab himself with the nail turning into a mindless monster
  • anderson who was already superhuman couldn't beat alucard with the boost from the nail
  • the alucard that fought anderson is weaker than the one your using in this battle since alucard is omnipresent in this fight he wins easily

those are some of the reasons batman can't get past round 2 let alone the multi universals in round 3 and 4

NeonGameWave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Awesome Gauntlet :)

I think Batman stops at 2 unless if he we were to be bloodlusted and have no morals, Bruce would be that human that Alucard would want to win.

AAnge4315

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers