Batman (DCEU movie) vs Silver Surfer (Fox movie)

• 51 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

GodSaveMeNow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Poll Batman (DCEU movie) vs Silver Surfer (Fox movie) (46 votes)

Batman (Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice 2016 film) 33%
Silver Surfer (Fantastic Four: Rise of the Silver Surfer 2007 film) 61%
Stalemate between these two 0%
Abstain from voting 7%

Conditions

• Batman wears his metal armor as seen in Batman v Superman movie
  • Batman has 1 year of prep with access to all resources as seen in Batman v Superman movie
  • For Silver Surfer it is a random encounter and he arrives at the fight scene, same as Superman did, ready for a showdown.
  • Silver Surfer has his surfer board.
  • The battle takes place in Gotham (Batman's turf and advantage)
  • Both characters are in-character and morals on.
  • Batman wins if he managed to separate Silver Surfer from his board, or knock him out, or incapacitate him.
  • Silver Surfer wins if he managed to knock out, incapacitate or kill Batman.
  • Stalemate occurs if neither side can gain an advantage over the other in the maximum duration of 1 day of fight.
  • BFR does NOT count as victory, and running away from the battle field (Such as Batman retreating to the bat cave) is not allowed.

So who you think has a higher chance of winning?

• 
GodSaveMeNow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reserving this spot, the moment Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice starts playing worldwide, I'll get the honour of being the first one to make this thread. Will bump it when necessary.

Avatar image for fallschirmjager
Fallschirmjager

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

User Lists: 16

#2  Edited By Fallschirmjager

All I will say is that if Batman is really this powerful all hell is about to break loose this weekend on this forum

Avatar image for deactivated-5bbee326da7b7
deactivated-5bbee326da7b7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

What the hell Is this even if batman does somehow beat Superman in BvS it's because of krpytonite and superman holding back and dceu superman isn't as powerful as fox silver surfer anyway so.

AkshSarpanch

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Batman wins with prep time.

No one beats him with prep.

Nightwing_0626

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

RichardCranium

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

seems like a good fight based on the Batman v Superman trailers and what minor spoilers I heard.

will judge after i actually watched the movie

buildhare

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

There is no way he is this powerful.

JediXMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 16

#8  Edited By JediXMan  Moderator

All I will say is that if Batman is really this powerful all hell is about to break loose this weekend on this forum

Yeah... this is what I was thinking.

I can't lock this, because I haven't seen the movie... but it feels like a mismatch to me.

Avatar image for deactivated-5bbee326da7b7
deactivated-5bbee326da7b7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This isn't fair dceu batman hasn't even been in a battle against mcu Captain America but he's in a battle against silver surfer.IMO silver surfer is still slightly more powerful than dceu Superman but with prep I can see batman standing a chance

never give up

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@leo-343 said:

Surfer beat a planet busting opponent, even if Batfleck beats up MOS with one hand tied behind his back he isn't winning, wut is dis.

SamJackson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Why is this being entertained?

RichardCranium

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@leo-343 said:

Surfer beat a planet busting opponent, even if Batfleck beats up MOS with one hand tied behind his back he isn't winning, wut is dis.

Surfer beat who? Doctor Doom? That ain't planet busting.

Avatar image for americanspeeddemon
americanspeeddemon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

Haven't seen the movie and already know this is a godstomp spite battle.

WastelandMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I don't even need to watch the film to know this is a mismatch.

TheGoddess

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

lmao,Can't wait

*grabs popcorn*

RichardCranium

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@leo-343 said:

@richardcranium: ....

Galactus.

That feat was very ambiguous. Galactus wasn't shown to be incapacitated, knocked out, or even hurt. That scene at best shows that Galactus was BFR-ed.

SamJackson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Just realized what OPs username is lol

The_Valeyard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By The_Valeyard

Mismatch, Surfer Wins

Armored Batman's punch can't even make superman flinch

Unless he can make something with prep to contend with Surfer but I highly doubt it

Stahlflamme

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

Batman builds the device reed used or loses.

GodSaveMeNow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By GodSaveMeNow

@leo-343 said:

@richardcranium: BFR with speculation and nothing to back it up. It looked like he blew him up, it wasn't that ambiguous at all. And Surfer never even showed the ability to BFR, all of his feats were destruction based.

i think the main issue with him "beating Galactus" was that Movie Galactus had no durability feats. Destructive feats, arguably yes Galactus does have.

A good analogy is that a bomb can blow up an entire house, but it may not take much more than a hammer to damage and spoil the bomb. The destructive capability of a character does not imply a similar durability.

buildhare

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This is spite.

GodSaveMeNow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This is spite.

No. Silver Surfer from the Fox movie is around as powerful as DCEU Superman.

Avatar image for deactivated-57d17bdd0bd36
deactivated-57d17bdd0bd36

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This is stupid.

hatemalingsia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Barring the prep, Silver Surfer.

GodSaveMeNow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By GodSaveMeNow

@leo-343 said:

@namtab_god: Beating a cosmic space cloud that eats planets is still a better feat than anything Batman or Superman have ever shown.

You Masker?

Superman tore down a planet terraforming machine that exerts the gravity of Krypton on him. The fact that he can do it despite the gravity of Krypton bearing down on him is proof of his destructive capability.

What is proof of Silver Surfer's destructive capability? There are no durability feats on the cosmic space cloud. To know what is a character's destructive capability, you need to know the durability feats of the object that is being destroyed.

Also, who or what is Masker?

Avatar image for americanspeeddemon
americanspeeddemon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

@namtab_god: Surfer could grab Batman fly him into the upper atmosphere and drop him. He has so many ways of winning

Stahlflamme

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

@leo-343 said:

@richardcranium: BFR with speculation and nothing to back it up. It looked like he blew him up, it wasn't that ambiguous at all. And Surfer never even showed the ability to BFR, all of his feats were destruction based.

i think the main issue with him "beating Galactus" was that Movie Galactus had no durability feats. Destructive feats, arguably yes Galactus does have.

A good analogy is that a bomb can blow up an entire house, but it may not take much more than a hammer to damage and spoil the bomb. The destructive capability of a character does not imply a similar durability.

And Surfer can phase through anything Batman can throw at him. HE does not need durability.

@leo-343 said:

@namtab_god: Beating a cosmic space cloud that eats planets is still a better feat than anything Batman or Superman have ever shown.

You Masker?

Superman tore down a planet terraforming machine that exerts the gravity of Krypton on him. The fact that he can do it despite the gravity of Krypton bearing down on him is proof of his destructive capability.

What is proof of Silver Surfer's destructive capability? There are no durability feats on the cosmic space cloud. To know what is a character's destructive capability, you need to know the durability feats of the object that is being destroyed.

It was bigger than a planet that alone shows destructive capabilities and ridiculous reach.

GodSaveMeNow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@namtab_god said:
@leo-343 said:

And Surfer can phase through anything Batman can throw at him. HE does not need durability.

@namtab_god said:
@leo-343 said:

You Masker?

It was bigger than a planet that alone shows destructive capabilities and ridiculous reach.

I wasn't actually talking about Silver Surfer's durability, just referring to Silver Surfer's destructive capability. It was said that Silver Surfer's destructive capability was planet level when I argued otherwise - the feat of Silver Surfer taking out a planet buster does not equate that Silver Surfer can planet bust.

And its rather ambiguous as to whether Silver Surfer could bust a planet, regular feats while he was on earth seemed to indicate nothing of that. I heard that the writers meant for Galactus to be BFRed, but I can't seem to find the source.

ThanoStomp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

SS was so nerf'd in his movie. Having his power tied to his board was utterly stupid. Bruce would figure that out. I'm going to say Batman wins because of prep.... and out of protest for that terrible FF movie.

SamJackson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Oh and surfer wrecks mismatch

GodSaveMeNow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Oh and surfer wrecks mismatch

No, Batman can beat Surfer by knocking him out of the surfboard.

SamJackson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By SamJackson
Avatar image for elijah_c_washington
Elijah_C_Washington

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Seems like spite.

GodSaveMeNow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

By catching Silver Surfer off-guard and then building the tachyon pulse generator to separate him from the board. Reed Richards built that, so why not Batman with 1 year of prep.

g2_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 3

GodSaveMeNow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@g2_ said:

@jedixman: it is a mismatch lock this

Mods please note carefully, its a prep battle, Silver Surfer has shown that he can be defeated with trickery and the right technology. If Batman have 1 year of prep, he COULD come up with the right technology to do it - He did show such feats based on what I hear from audiences as well as the trailers.

I'll need to see the movie myself to be fully clear, but that's my understanding as of now.

GodSaveMeNow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

bump

NeonGameWave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Batman can do this.

huthimamwa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

If people thought MCU wank was bad....they have no idea what we're in for once this universe starts expanding. Can't wait for the "DCEU Batman vs Fox Apocalypse" thread to be made....

Avatar image for lordofallhumans
LordOfAllHumans

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Silver Surfer wins. Resources in the movie does not automatically mean he can figure SS out, he is not as smart as Reed or Doom who didn't even need that long. Hell was he even smarter than plot induced Lex?

DirtyHippy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50  Edited By DirtyHippy

After watching BvS, I'm going to go with Batman. With a year of prep, Batman ends up stealing his surfboard. Among many other things.

Anyways, if I take off my logic, I could just say herp derp Batman ain't beaten SS with a billion years of prep. Cause 1 sec of prep by movie Reed is > 1 billion of bats.