Batman Battle of the Month: Batman vs. Cyclops

This topic is locked from further discussion.

k4tzm4n

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

User Lists: 1

k4tzm4n  Moderator

Poll Batman Battle of the Month: Batman vs. Cyclops (741 votes)

Cyclops 44%
Batman 50%
Too close to call 6%

Match Rules

• Combatants are in character.
  • This is a random encounter.
  • They're fighting in a generic downtown city setting. It's unpopulated, at night and all standard city lights remain on. Assume they start roughly 30 feet apart and visible. There's a fair amount of cover between them (parked vehicles, bus stops and such). The entire area is on limits. This means alleys, rooftops, building interiors, etc..
  • All characters have standard gear.
  • This is PRE-PHOENIX FORCE Cyclops. This way he actually has control of his power.
  • Incapacitation, knockout or death all count as elimination.

Viners, you have the week to research, debate and vote! This means there's no reason to vote right away if you don't have all of the info you need to make an educated decision. Check the homepage Friday for an updated article with the following:

• My extended thoughts on the match.
  • A Viner Argument in favor of the poll's winner (can't include scans and must be in this poll thread).
  • Extra thoughts from other Comic Vine staffers.
  • If we're lucky, blurbs from industry talent.

Feel free to make future match suggestions in the comments below or via Gregg's Twitter page.

• 
Avatar image for originalgl_alan
OriginalGL_Alan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

If Cyclops can keep Batman at a distance I think he would win, in close range combat, Batman would decimate him.

Shawnbaby

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@shawnbaby: Cyclops only lost to Storm because she took off his visor, and Cyclops didnt want to hurt her, or in this case kill her with a full optic blast, and she knew that Scott would never hurt or kill anyone especially her. That was her clever way to win!

I think you may have replied to the wrong person.

flazam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 52

C'mon Cyclops!!!

Shawnbaby

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

How Scott's Mind works:

No Caption Provided

tikhunt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Okay here's my argument.

Cyclops puts tactic in the word tactician and as such isn't stupid enough to just stand there waiting for Batman to sneak up and punch him in the face, the second he sees Batman's dark costume and the way he runs into cover he will know to quickly find a place where he has the advantage and in this setting it would most likely be the nearest street lamp and considering he just saw his opponent jump into the shadows he would pick somewhere not near an alleyway and where his opponent has the least cover. Then all Scott needs to do is wait for Batman to come close enough for Scott to be able to judge where he is which considering the starting distance and Batman's speed advantage shouldn't be too long, as soon as he thinks Batman is near him he shoots an optic blast in that direction, he could also of course clear a straight path down the street using his blasts to move cars and other obstacles out of the way, with a lot less cover than was there before this leaves Cyclops to take the above steps of waiting and shooting at anything that even slightly resembles movement.

Now to give credit where it is due Bruce has a lot of gadgets up his belt and many of these would come in useful in this type of battle however his standard equipment isn't the best to take down someone like Scott, batarangs would be easily shot down by Cyclops and alert him to the general direction that Batman is hiding in, smoke bombs could seriously impair Cyclops's vision and most likely the match however again Cyclops would know this and is quick enough to be able to move out of the smoke quickly enough as to not be at a disadvantage, the rest of Bruce's equipment is similarly countered. Batman's primary attribute here would be his stealth and ability to move around unseen however being stealth attacked is in no way a new thing for Scott who was trained by Wolverine in detecting people moving around stealthily.

Now it's just a case of whether or not Scott wins from ranged or from hand to hand fighting; as many people have said Batman is leagues above Cyclops in terms of fighting skill and as such that would normally mean instant KO for Scott however let's not forget that Cyclops has learned to incorporate his optic blasts into his fighting style to the point where he can swiftly punch, kick, and blast in one fluid movement. All of this combined with the fact that Cyclops's blast power is much higher than Batman's durability means that just a single optic blast could give him a serious concussion and as such remove him from the fight.

I give this to Cyclops 6.5 times out of 10 because Batman still has some serious skills and that taser in his suit will definitely pull out a win or two. Either way this is a very good fight and one that I would love to see.

Lvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 50

User Lists: 18

#56  Edited By Lvenger

@lvenger said:

@shawnbaby: He's been beaten by much lesser foes than Batman level characters. A depowered Storm outfought him remember and took off his visor so he couldn't unleash a blast. And Batman's dodged bullets and other energy projections with ease too so I still se it as unlikely for him to be tagged by Cyclops in a city like environment with cover.

He's also beaten foes much greater than Batman. And Batman has lost to foes less than Cyclops. Seriously, these type of arguments are useless. Everyone in Comics has won and loss against opponents that were greater or less than themselves.

Cyclops lost to storm because he underestimated her because she was depowered.

Not when I can back it up with an example like this

No Caption Provided

Evidently, this is a different guy but if Batman gets close enough like this and snags Scott's visor, Scott is left vulnerable to the final blow from The Dark Knight. And there's plenty of cover Batman can use to mask his approach to Cyclops. The deciding factor of this fight is whether Batman can get to Cyclops before Cyclops can tag him which, given the environment the fight takes place in, is well within Batman's capabilities IMO.

Lvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 50

User Lists: 18

How Scott's Mind works:

No Caption Provided

Do I really need to post the whole plethora of scans showing how Bruce's mind is his deadliest weapon and lets him stand shoulder to shoulder with the gods of the JLA? Both are excellent tacticians.

Anjales_II

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

Awesome Battle and I'll give it to Bats and here's why.

People are saying that if Cyclops immediately goes for an optic blast then Bats dead, but if that's the case Bats will immediately go for some smoke pellets to block Scott's vision, giving him the opportunity to use his stealth. Granted, Cyclops is actually capable of holding his own against Stealth but it still favors Batman because it's his specialty. It's all about the right timing for Bats,trying to turn the field into his advantage, and he needs to try to turn this into a H2H fight because, while Cyclops is a very skilled fighter, Bats is still his superior in this department. Also, there is a gadget in his belt than can help him block or at least subdue Cyclops' blasts, I think it's called the plastic explosion i'm not sure, Batman usually throws it at the face, and it's a chemical that mixes with air and forms a thick substance over the opponents' face. He once used it to block Amazo's blasts, and also used it to incapacitate the Mutant Leader in TDKR.

Mellow_Hype

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I think Cyclops would not use his optic blasts on a stranger let alone a non mutant.

Shawnbaby

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#61  Edited By Shawnbaby

@lvenger said:

@shawnbaby said:

@lvenger said:

@shawnbaby: He's been beaten by much lesser foes than Batman level characters. A depowered Storm outfought him remember and took off his visor so he couldn't unleash a blast. And Batman's dodged bullets and other energy projections with ease too so I still se it as unlikely for him to be tagged by Cyclops in a city like environment with cover.

He's also beaten foes much greater than Batman. And Batman has lost to foes less than Cyclops. Seriously, these type of arguments are useless. Everyone in Comics has won and loss against opponents that were greater or less than themselves.

Cyclops lost to storm because he underestimated her because she was depowered.

Not when I can back it up with an example like this

No Caption Provided

Evidently, this is a different guy but if Batman gets close enough like this and snags Scott's visor, Scott is left vulnerable to the final blow from The Dark Knight. And there's plenty of cover Batman can use to mask his approach to Cyclops. The deciding factor of this fight is whether Batman can get to Cyclops before Cyclops can tag him which, given the environment the fight takes place in, is well within Batman's capabilities IMO.

A shopped-up scan proves nothing but how desperate you are to "prove" Batman wins. I could do the same thing with a Scan of Batman getting nailed by someone else.

Overlander

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 3

Batman fanboys will be out in force. Cyclops is a master tactician and has a plan. He led the mutant race back from the brink of extinction and outmaneuvered S.H.I.E.L.D. time and again. I'm willing to bet he can beat the dark knight.

Chibio

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lvenger said:

A depowered Storm outfought him remember and took off his visor so he couldn't unleash a blast. And Batman's dodged bullets and other energy projections with ease too so I still se it as unlikely for him to be tagged by Cyclops in a city like environment with cover.

I am not sure if I misunderstood you, or if you don't know Cyclops very well, but taking his visor off doesn't negate his optic blast. The visor is only there, because he otherwise he can't keep the optic blast back. Without glasses he would be heat visioning through the area 24/7, so taking the visor off would be the worst thing Batman could do. I think that Cyclops would win. He has the strength, agility and durability to hold his own and his damage output without the visor is insane. He would level everything in his sight, but that would be out of character for him, so I wouldn't expect him to use such an extreme approach. I'm still sure that Cyclops can 'watch faster' than Batman can move with all of his kevlar and gagdets, which should slow him down and give Cyclops the speed advantage. Cyclops optic blast is also not only heat, but concussive force as well, which would catapult Batman back, even if he hides behind something.

bladewolf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#64  Edited By bladewolf

IMHO too close to call. I think it depends if Batman can sneak up on Cyke before he fires a concussive blast. If Cyclops fires, Batman's done since I doubt he can dodge it and one blast will knock him out cold. If, however, Batman gets the drop on Scott he'll drop him quick.

tikhunt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@tikhunt said:

@dagmar_merrill: That's easier said than done seeing as Wolverine taught Scott how to detect people trying to sneak up on him, also the closer Batman gets to Cyclops the harder it will be for him to dodge an optic blast and unfortunately for Batman a single shot should effectively one-shot anyone with anything less than superhuman durability.

How well is he at sensing someone sneaking up on him?

Good enough to hold his own considering he knows that Batman will be there and to keep and eye/ear out.

Squalleon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#66  Edited By Squalleon

If Batman takes this I will lose any respect i have for Bat-fans.

I will probably post why Cyclops will win a bit later....

EDIT : Yes i came out wrong and i apologize :-(

Avatar image for themanintheshoe
TheManInTheShoe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 17

Okay, here's the deal. Cyclops I have very little info on but I will do my best to give a winning argument. As I understand it Cyclops' optic beam is not laser, it doesn't burn, it just feels like a strong punch. Batman has been seen being beaten with hammers without his suit on and still survive. In the beginning of AvX Cyclops attacked Captain America, we can see him unleashing his powers to almost it's fullest, Cap protects himself with a shield. Because he can use this shield for shielding. Batman doesn't have that, he wears a strong suit but wouldn't protect him. Though I have seen that Batman's acrobatic abilities exceeds those of Cap's, which makes me believe Batman would surely be able to dodge the blast. Batman is very cunning, after a while of dodging and attempts to overcome Cyclops' ability he can figure out the visor is what keeps the blast in place. If Batman acts quick he can use a batarang and knock the visor off and Cyclops' fighting skills would be useless.

In my opinion Batman wins this. But I might have written this without looking at all the facts.

Avatar image for deactivated-5a5a76120d2ba
deactivated-5a5a76120d2ba

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This is another fight where it should be fairly even. However Batman is going to win because he is so much more popular and many people do not like Scott because they still think he has the same attitude he had in the 80's.

Shortly I will post my thoughts on the fight, just kind of wished they would actually matter.

Avatar image for phoenixsouvenir
The_Absolute

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#69  Edited By The_Absolute

@flazam: Captain America was standing less than 2 feet away from Scott when he took that shot. Batman would be standing 10 yards away. Batman has dodged bullets - he's trained enough to anticipate when an opponent is about to make a move or take a shot. There's a 'tell'. Scott has one shot. He misses, it's over.

fullmetalquach

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

As much as I love Cyclops and want him to win I'd have to go for Batman. They both have no physical powers such as superhuman strength or durability and powers such as that. Now the question is who is more skilled physically. I would have to go with Batman on this one.

While Cyclops has trained his whole life with Professor Xavier I doubt Xavier was as skilled as a mentor in fighting and acrobatics than any of the many mentors Batman has had. If they were to get into hand to hand combat Batman would win if Cyclops didn't use his optic blasts. Cyclops could easily put Batman out of commission in long range combat if he started using a high powered optic blast, but I think Batman would be able to dodge these easily and use the city shadows as his advantage. Although, just getting hit by a couple of these blasts can do some serious damage. Combining his ability to maneuver in the darkness with his many misc. gadgets and long range weaponry, I believe Batman could give Cyclops a run for his money in long range combat. However, Cyclops is also quite the acrobat. He should be able to dodge and block Batman's weaponry with his optic blasts and athleticism.

Overall I think that in close range combat Batman takes the cake due to being better trained and tougher in general.

Long ranged combat would go to Cyclops, but the battle being in a city at night with plenty of shadows and objects to hide behind, I think Batman would narrowly take it.

Batman is the winner

Saren

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

User Lists: 12

If Batman takes this I will lose any respect i have for Bat-fans.

We will trudge on, regardless.

Anjales_II

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#72  Edited By Anjales_II

@misterwhisper: Scott is nothing like his 80's personae. Back then, he was just a boy scout, today he's a soldier willing to do whatever it takes to help mutants.

lethalsmash

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#73  Edited By lethalsmash

There's no reason why Cyclops can't just shoot a continuous blast that would eventually cut batman in half haha especially in this situation or almost any other where there is distance between them.

Chaos Burn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#74  Edited By Chaos Burn

This fight has to go to the Batman, despite Cyclops having the prime starting conditions of being a distance apart and being visibly able to see his target.
The trouble is, Cyclops with morals on would not immediately go for the annihilation of his visor-removed-eyes-open optic blast. Logically, Cyclops' first blast would be a straight shot at Batman (seeing as he does not yet know Batman's agility prowess). Batman, with years of dodging bullets a other projectiles, would undoubtedly dodge Cyclops' initially controlled burst, and i'm sure there are plenty of scans of other, less agile people than Bruce, dodging Scott.

Once Batman avoids the first blast or two, he's figured out Cyclops' only threat. Batman, is a master of evasion and stealth through smoke grenades, distraction with batarangs and general top notch ninja moves. Cyclops will lose him in the battleground, or just plain won't be able to pick the target quick enough, and that's when Bruce will close the gap and put down Cyclops with his vastly superior H2H.

Batman 9/10

Avatar image for yourneighborhoodcomicgeek
YourNeighborhoodComicGeek

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 15

I'll copy and paste my argument from the other page.

Batman has this.

Batman is a superior hand-to-hand combatant (though Cyclops is no slouch), in better peak physical shape, vastly more intelligent and resourceful, more versatile, and more. I'll display some scans I've had for a while now.

Strength

• Batman is strong enough to break Killer Croc's leg with a single kick
No Caption Provided

Reflexes

• Evading machine-gun fire

Durability

• Batman's punishing battle with Lincoln March (his younger brother)
  • Taking down Clayface on Venom
  • Fighting Bane on Venom, who is also extremely resistant against pain
  • Defeating Talon, despite being tortured, poisoned, starved, and stabbed.
  • Batman tanking Superman's blow (holding back of course, but still impressive)
No Caption Provided

Now, most people will probably STILL say that Scott's optic blasts are too fast, or have an explosive radius of too much for The Dark Knight to handle. I disagree, as Batman and his cowl have endured countless close-range explosions, as well as similar blasts before.

• Tanking direct sonic blasts and a full ram by a car via Nobody (with a broken arm).
  • Brushing off/evading an explosion behind him.
  • Evading close-range suicidal bomb explosions by mind-controlled Batmen
  • Surviving yet another explosion rigged by Cobb

The next set of scans for me, most accurately displays the most likely scenario if Cyclops started spamming his optic blasts.

• Batman dodging Malik's light constructs

On top of that, there is plenty of cover in a downtown city. Countless buildings, cars, lamp posts, and more that Batman can take cover under. Also, it is night, so Batman has the massive advantage of stealth. Not to mention that Cyclop's costume in most incarnations is VERY vibrant, and very easy to spot if it is night.

I'd say Batman takes this 7/10, or even 8/10.

BuNKiTZ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Okay, so to add to my earlier comment...

If Batman manages to distract him enough with enough Batarangs at the start of the fight (I doubt Cyclops would go all out and unleash a massive blast if it's only at the start of the fight; he'll probably just blast each one individually), he should be able to use his Batarangs again to take out the lights and gain an advantage through the darkness. While Cyclops may be good at sensing someone who's trying to approach him as some said so earlier, trying to sense Batman while he sneaks up on you is going to be very difficult. If this happens, then Batman would almost definitely win.

Squalleon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@themanintheshoe: The area is unpopulated cyclops could just remove his visor and end it way to quicky.

Anyway Cyclops has shown tactical thinking on par with the greatest tacticians of the MU. His long range gives him a big advantage and even if Batman or he decides to remove his visor Cyclops will go full force because no one else is there to hurt! His ability to ricochet the blasts is Uncanny and he has shown to be an above average martial artists. Cyclops will KILL Batman he has no kill rule, HE STALEMATED WOLVERINE, and taken on all the X-Men at the same time. Batman might have the stealth advantage but it means nothing in an unpopulated area. The moment Cyclops finds him or trace him, he can make sure that the whole area becames dust since even his wide blasts are extremely powerful strong enough to destroy Sentinels and unroot trees.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@themanintheshoe:

The area is unpopulated cyclops could just remove his visor and end it way to quicky.

Anyway Cyclops has shown tactical thinking on par with the greatest tacticians of the MU. His long range gives him a big advantage and even

if Batman or he decides to remove his visor Cyclops will go full force because no one else is there to hurt!

His ability to ricochet the blasts is Uncanny and he has shown to be an above average martial artists. Cyclops will

KILL

Batman he has no kill rule, HE STALEMATED WOLVERINE, and taken on all the X-Men at the same time. Batman might have the stealth advantage but it means nothing in an unpopulated area. The moment Cyclops finds him or trace him, he can make sure that the whole area becames dust since even his wide blasts are extremely powerful strong enough to destroy Sentinels and unroot trees.

I'm fairly sure that's not in Scott's morals...

opticblast

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@fullmetalquach: Well, Batman could hide in the shadows and in the dark, but remember that Cyclops has spatial awareness hability and he can fight with his eyes closed easily by hearing sounds and calculating positions!

(image beneath is cyclops with no visor with his eyes closed fighting against six guys)

No Caption Provided

Squalleon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#80  Edited By Squalleon

@squalleon said:

@themanintheshoe:

The area is unpopulated cyclops could just remove his visor and end it way to quicky.

Anyway Cyclops has shown tactical thinking on par with the greatest tacticians of the MU. His long range gives him a big advantage and even if Batman or he decides to remove his visor Cyclops will go full force because no one else is there to hurt! His ability to ricochet the blasts is Uncanny and he has shown to be an above average martial artists. Cyclops will KILL Batman he has no kill rule, HE STALEMATED WOLVERINE, and taken on all the X-Men at the same time. Batman might have the stealth advantage but it means nothing in an unpopulated area. The moment Cyclops finds him or trace him, he can make sure that the whole area becames dust since even his wide blasts are extremely powerful strong enough to destroy Sentinels and unroot trees.

I'm fairly sure that's not in Scott's morals...

But it is.
He killed before he even trained CHILDREN to kill. And that was before the Phoenix force.

TheManInTheShoe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@squalleon: Just a question, can Cyclops control the optic blast when he isn't wearing it? As stated before I'm no expert but I've seen him struggle at some points.

Squalleon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@squalleon: Just a question, can Cyclops control the optic blast when he isn't wearing it? As stated before I'm no expert but I've seen him struggle at some points.

No but he does't need to the area is unpopulated.

opticblast

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@themanintheshoe: Cyclops cant control the optic blasts without the visor, it goes full force and destroys everything like a nuke!

Avatar image for deactivated-5a5a76120d2ba
deactivated-5a5a76120d2ba

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This fight is going to come down to 3 key factors.

1. Ranged combat:

Scott is a master at ranged combat, he has had many years to perfect the use of his optic blast in: piercing attacks, bounding attacks, pushing attacks and many others. Bruce is no slouch either but he has to actually draw and throw his weapon and then has to adjust for travel time. When it comes to a man with a blast that comes from his eyes that takes little to no movement with the concussive force of a high powered tank shell, vs a man who has to throw his weapon. Scott wins all day. On top of that Batman does not know Scott or his abilities, he might think hiding behind a wall would help, until Scott punched through it for the KO. Also there is simply the travel time issue, an Optic Blast is a lot faster than a Batarang. Area blasts can also prove to give Bruce a very bad day.

In ranged combat Scott will win 8/10.

2. Close combat:

Bruce is a master of many forms of combat. He is in the top 10 martial artists in DC. Simply put, he is a better fighter in HTH than Scott is. There is really no debating that. However, unlike Bruce who would have some trouble with using Batarangs at point blank range, Scott can still blast you in hand to hand combat easily, just ask Wolverine. Bruce will win if he can keep Scott from using his blast in melee, however plenty of people have tried, most have failed.

In close combat Bruce wins 7/10.

3. Miscellaneous traits.

Let's face it, both of these combatants are masters of tactics. There are other traits thought that will make a difference. Bruce's best misc. trait is his mastery of stealth and the night environment, that will help him greatly, and honestly is his best chance at a win here. Scott's best misc trait is also the environment, the fact that there are no bystanders. There is nothing stopping Scott from letting loose with high powered blasts to take down walls, parts of the street or even a building if he needs to.

In the end Scott should win 6 or 7 out of 10.

krspaceT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 59

User Lists: 13

One thing we'd all have to consider is that, while Cyclops isn't as gritty as Wolverine or Cable, but he doesn't have the same level of devotion to the no kill rule as Spiderman or Batman. The basic idea for him is that the X-Men killing a human enemy (even if it is the Red Skull) would be a PR disaster. It is also why it took Scott getting totally Phoenix Crazy to do this

No Caption Provided

However, why he might kill Apocalypse, Kang, Doctor Doom or Darkseid as necessary, he isn't going to kill people at random. But, he may result to lethal force if the fight drags on for too long. So Batman would have a time limit he'd have to judge on when he fights.

Of course, how likely is this fight going to last hours?

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No scan version of my argument :

This is how I see it going down.

Cyclops sees Batman, and immediately unleashes a couple of his optic blasts. Batman easily dodges them like he has dodged Malik's light constructs in the past, and finds cover. Batman analyzes his foes' powers, which is concussive energy blasts. Batman quickly comes up with a strategy and notes the appropriate utilities he needs to use to take down his opponent (Batarangs to distract, sonic batarangs to disorientate, gas pellets to KO, bolas to immobilize, etc.). Meanwhile, Scott uses his gifted optic blasts banking skills to try and get a ricochet shot on The Dark Knight, while slowly moving back to gain distance and minimize the danger of having to approach his enemy in close quarters combat. Cyclops also uses his leader skills to try and find a way to defeat his opponent non-lethally and as quickly as possible. Batman, naturally with his reaction speeds, evades the banked optic blasts and moves from cover to cover, moving throughout the city and using the night as his ally. Batman takes down any light sources so that Scott can't get a very good look at him, and whips out his utilities he plans to take down Cyclops with. Scott is generally unfazed by the darkness via his training in the Danger Room, but he is at a disadvantage, since Bruce has night-vision and other useful tools in his suit and utility belt. Scott blasts some more optic blasts to try and take down his foe, as well as a light source. Bruce easily dodges them and throws out a couple gas pellets to distract and hopefully knock out Cyke. Cyclops vision is impaired temporarily and is covering his mouth to not breath it in. Batman throws a handful of batarangs but Cyclop's vision recovers just in time to blast them effortlessly, but Scott is still coughing and under the effects of the gas pellets, and is moving farther away. Batman has on a rebreather and quickly closes the gap, as Cyclops moving away from the gas pellets was his plan all along! There are freeze grenades all over the area, so if Scott takes another step he will be frozen. Cyclops decides to go to his last resort and pulls his visor off to unleash a full blast, but Bruce closes the gap before Scott can, and knocks the X-Men leader out.

WINNER : Batman

REASONS : While Cyclops is impressive, Batman is a superior hand-to-hand combatant, tactician, and more intelligent. Not only does a dark city an advantage to Batman's stealth, but Cyclops optic blasts would enable Batman to know his location at all times, leaving Scott with no options for stealth. Batman is also simply more versatile and has dealt with more powerful, intelligent, and deadly enemies before, with similar powers like energy blasts. Cyclops holds his own with his own leader skills, intense training, powerful optic blasts, and looser morales, but it isn't enough.

Wolverine008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#87  Edited By Wolverine008

Did someone just say Batman will easily dodge Cyclops optic blasts? Really?

herrweis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#88  Edited By herrweis

Batman wins this I think. He wouldn't recognize Cyclops lasers as a power ,at first he would think its a weapon and try to disable it.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Did someone just say Batman will easily dodge Cyclops optic blasts? Really?

Because he will. He has dodged LIGHT CONSTRUCTS before.

• Batman dodging Malik's light constructs

TheManInTheShoe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@wolverine08: You might refer to me, but I said I have little understanding of Cyclops but I thought Batman could surely do it.

@opticblast: @squalleon: Okay, thanks.

Knightfall225

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#91  Edited By Knightfall225

Batman dodged an omega beam from a god.....dodging a beam from a xmen shouldnt be that hard

DADDY_XERO

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

i like both but i give the win to Scott.

in regards to Storm beating Scott, that was in the danger room and Scott wasn't using a live combat mentality (lethal tactics). when his visor was removed he 'could' have just opened his eyes and ended her (along with the whole school). and in a random encounter with some ninja dressed as a bat who just got in close and knocked his visor off his head, why the hell wouldn't just open his eyes? he has no way of knowing that this random lunatic is trying to kill him or not. KA-BLAM! goodbye bats

in regards to batman not giving him a chance to reach his visor to use his optic blasts, on scotts biography page it states he can has gear in his gloves that operate his visor. i think he just likes raising his hand. so if batman does get close and is able to stop scott from raising his hands to his visor, so what...BOOM! goodbye bats.

ahem, cover? scott can fire warning shots to force bats into cover, then blast the cover (wall, car etc) into batman. suddenly the cover is his enemy.

batman tries to prepare for all eventualities. but he is normally armed with gear to wage war against street thugs. even if he has gadgets to call the batmobil, batplane or a giant batbot. scott likes killing machines who like to hunt him.

in h2h scott should lose, but batman (contrary to common belief) is not infallible, and he can make mistakes. scott will own on distance and just about anything bats physically throws at him can be blasted either out of the air or right back at bats. in close range bats has no way of knowing if the visor is source of scotts power or whats holding it back. one kick to the head of scott and his visor goes flying, how would batman know to get out of his line of sight. as i said, all scott has to do is open his eyes at that range. then a massive crimson wave a destruction comes flying at batman.

i may be biased as scott is my fave comic book character. but i truly believe scott will win.........just.

jashro44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#93  Edited By jashro44

@yourneighborhoodcomicgeek: I think what you need to take into account is cyclops is actually a decent marksmen. Dodging his shots won't be that easy. Also cyclops optic blasts are mountain level. Batman isn't tanking that.

Avatar image for deactivated-611928878d365
deactivated-611928878d365

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Cyclops takes this. Batman may have exceeded peak-human strength,agility and has mastered many forms of martial arts but this and his gadgets are not enough to stop Scott in his tracks. Ever since his powers manifested, he has had to learn control or people could die. To the people saying that since morals are on he'll probably engage Batman hand to hand as it's in character. Cyclops could just blast Bruce on a lower setting. In this downtown setting Cyclops can ricochet his optic blasts of the different surfaces. Although he is highly skilled, this is too much for the Dark Knight.

No Caption Provided

On another, unrelated note, if this was morals off well...

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Batman dodged an omega beam from a god.....dodging a beam from a xmen shouldnt be that hard

That's PIS/WIS. Still, Batman can dodge Cyclop's optic blasts with moderate difficulty. He has dodged things that are far deadlier and faster.

Wolverine008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@yourneighborhoodcomicgeek:

Cyclops optic blasts have hit Wolverine (who has superhuman speed and reflexes), and have enough range to level mountains. I agree that Batman should win, but that's due to an in character Cyclops not releasing the full power of his optic blasts at first, allowing Bruce to utilize stealth and get in close to dominate Slim in hand to hand combat, but if this becomes a contest as to if Batman can dodge Cyclops full powered optic blasts, Batman will be obliterated.

jashro44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@knightfall225: he only dodged the omega beam in a cartoon. He has never done it in canon.

Avatar image for phoenixsouvenir
The_Absolute

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@squalleon: Anyway Cyclops has shown tactical thinking on par with the greatest tacticians of the MU. His long range gives him a big advantage and even if Batman or he decides to remove hisvisor Cyclops will go full force because no one else is there to hurt! His ability to ricochet the blasts is Uncanny and he has shown to be an above average martial artists. Cyclops will KILL Batman he has no kill rule, HE STALEMATED WOLVERINE, and taken on all the X-Men at the same time. Batman might have the stealth advantage but it means nothing in an unpopulated area. The moment Cyclops finds him or trace him, he can make sure that the whole area becames dust since even his wide blasts are extremely powerful strong enough to destroy Sentinels and unroot trees.

Tactics - there should be no argument who wins this. Bruce underwent single-minded training to be the best there is in that regard - to out-think his opponent.
Martial Arts - Again. No contest.
Optic Ricochet - Cyke has to know where Batman is. Batman has snuck up on Superman. Secondly, Batman's pretty good at ricocheting ranged attacks too.
Stealth - Batman has snuck up on Superman.

Batman is a master combatant, fighter. He has trained nearly his entire life for these one-on-one eventualities. I wouldn't consider Cyclops even a master leader as he led his X-Men into a conflict against the Avengers that ultimately led to the death of their founder. But let's not get into all of that.

Let's not forget Batman's wide array of weapons: smoke, flashbangs, tasers, batarangs, stun pellets, etc.

Cyclops is a one-trick pony. His 'tactics' are few - "Hit Batman before he can do anything." It's the same tactic nearly all of Batman's opponents use, thus it's a tactic Batman has become quite efficient in countering.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jashro44 said:

@yourneighborhoodcomicgeek: I think what you need to take into account is cyclops is actually a decent marksmen. Dodging his shots won't be that easy.

That is true, but Batman has dodged Deadshot's bullets before. Granted in the past Deadshot has curved his shots, he is still probably more accurate than Cyclops and still should have hit Bruce, just non-fatally.

Squalleon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#100  Edited By Squalleon