• 122 results
The_PAIN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

All in character.

General Knowledge of each individual (What ordinary people know)

Standard Gear

5 Hours of Prep.

Abandoned Mall

Stronger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#2  Edited By Stronger

Team DC ftw

OverLordArhas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#3  Edited By OverLordArhas

@stronger:

How can DC team defeat a guy with nukes for eyeballs?

Stronger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@stronger:

First of all,Batman and Bane have prep which means they automatically win the match.

Second,Cyclops isn't allowed to remove his visor in this match,so I can even see Nightwing beating him.He has lost to Storm before and she didn't use her powers.

OverLordArhas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

Veshark

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

@stronger said:

@overlordarhas said:

@stronger:

First of all,Batman and Bane have prep which means they automatically win the match.

Second,Cyclops isn't allowed to remove his visor in this match,so I can even see Nightwing beating him.He has lost to Storm before and she didn't use her powers.

Captain America and Cyclops are both seasoned tacticians as well - they're both the respective leaders of their teams. It's not a valid reason to discount either team.

Why would Cyclops not be allowed to remove his visor? Just because it's morals-on? For the record - he has removed his visor with morals on before. As for the fight with Storm, he wasn't exactly at his best then. I can't confirm this, but I remember someone mentioning that it was retcon to say that Madelyn Pryor psychically influenced him in the fight.

Veshark

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It's a tough call for this battle. I feel like Team DC has the advantage in terms of preparation - both Batman and Bane have shown better prep feats, and I'm fairly certain the two of them are genius intellects as well. But Captain America and Cyclops would probably take the advantage in terms of actual combat, assuming that this is Bane without Venom. Cap himself is a Super-Soldier and quite evenly matched with Batman, but Cyclops is the sole superhuman here, and his accuracy is far superior. It seems as though Team DC has the advantage in CQC whereas Team Marvel has the advantage in ranged combat.

After a close fight, I'd give the majority to Team DC solely for prep time.

Abocado

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Abocado

Batman, exploding Batarangs for the win.

and Bane will break C. America's Back.

god_spawn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 43

User Lists: 10

#9  Edited By god_spawn  Moderator

@veshark: He removed his visor in a fight with Storm because she knocked it off. He won't take it off with morals on in a random encounter.

@stronger said:

@overlordarhas said:

@stronger:

This isn't even a good argument. They get standard gear so they aren't allowed to bring anything else and Cap and Cyclops aren't stupid by any means. And Cyclops has also taken Storm out. If you actually sit down and think about it, he's already tagged faster and more skilled combatants regularly. She really shouldn't beat him unless it's h2h or both can use their powers and even in both instances a case could be made for each person.

Veshark

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Veshark

@god_spawn

I'm not saying he would take off his visor from the get-go, but I don't think it's fair to say he 'isn't allowed to' just because it's morals-on. That being said, I can concede that he would most-likely not resort to it.

I don't know what Storm fight you're referencing, to be frank. When I said that he's done it without being bloodlusted, I was thinking about that scene in Astonishing X-Men when he wanted to end the battle with the Sentinel.

Saren

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

User Lists: 12

Cyclops is honestly his team's heavy hitter in terms of being able to take out Bruce or Bane as fast as possible, but that depends on whether they'll let him take them out ---- toss Bruce into an abandoned mall with (presumably) plenty of nooks and crevices, and Scott will find himself hardpressed to deal with Batman's stealth capabilities. Plus current Bane finds it perfectly within character to crush skulls and rip off heads at the start of fights, so there's that.

I am also in possession of several edited scans of Batman and Bane taking down Cyclops and Captain America respectively, so I find this thread's timing most propitious.

Stronger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@veshark: @god_spawn:

I really haven't seen anything from Cyclops all these years that left me with an open mouth,apart from this moment

No Caption Provided

And since this is morals on,I don't see why Scott would like to wreck everything like that.

Arguably,Batman could throw something to his visor or just knock him out after evading his beams.

god_spawn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 god_spawn  Moderator

@veshark: Ah, my bad. I read your post as he took off his visor in a fight with Storm which is what I replied to. And fair enough I guess.

god_spawn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By god_spawn  Moderator

@stronger: Or arguably I could just say Cyclops will take Batman out because he's tagged faster opponents.

god_spawn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By god_spawn  Moderator

Team DC more than likely. This place is a perfect battle ground for stealth where Bruce excels at and with some prior knowledge on Cyclops, I would say he would definitely take it cause as it remains, Bane right now is capable of taking Steve IMO, or at least holding him off for Wayne to deal with Scott.

Veshark

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@god_spawn All good.

@stronger Ah yeah, that's the fight I was referencing. As I said earlier, Scott more than likely wouldn't do that, but I'm just saying that it's unfair to entirely discount it.

god_spawn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 god_spawn  Moderator

@veshark: I think it is perfectly fair to discount such an act. Every Cyclops thread usually has someone post that scan or make a reference to one of the times he has done but they forget it isn't in his character to do that very often at all and to be frank, he hasn't done it on a human ever except for once that I can recall and that man asked Cyclops to kill him in which Scott was hesitant anyway.

Avatar image for flash_batarang22
Flash_Batarang22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Cyclops kill batman's prep time in 3 seconds by means of optic blast

Capt break bane's back

Stronger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By Stronger

@veshark:

If it's morals on,why would he kill someone?

@stronger: Or arguably I could just say Cyclops will take Batman out because he's tagged faster opponents.

Like?

Sideslash

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By Sideslash

@stronger said:

@god_spawn said:

Like?

Northstar, Quicksilver (?)

Veshark

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By Veshark

@god_spawn

Alright, I see what you mean now. Given his characterization, I'll concede that Cyclops tends to only use that against stronger targets that can't be harmed otherwise (Sentinels, Juggernaut).

dondave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Team 1 ftw

HellionVulcan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#23  Edited By HellionVulcan

Cyclops could easy bring the mall down on top of dc team .

god_spawn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 god_spawn  Moderator

@stronger: Wolverine. Spider-Man. Northstar. Quicksilver.

Avatar image for mightymjolnir79
mightymjolnir79

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Cyclops one shots Bane and then he and Cap take out the Bat.

JediWaffles

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

With prep and batman in the same sentence, that usually spells a win hereabouts. I honestly like to disregard prep, or at least downplay it to a certain point where arguments can actually be made for both sides and not just have things as a "Bats has prep GG" thing. In any case, cykes holds the upper hand in this match, i highly doubt either of the 2 DC characters can last long against his pewpewbeamz. Cap gives Bats a run for his money in a fight as well.

Stronger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By Stronger

@sideslash: @god_spawn: And Batman has tagged Wonder Woman,Artemis,Hal Jordan,Barry Allen,Aquaman and many other superhumans.Also Batman has dodged bullets and Doctor Light's light beams.

Avatar image for wavemotioncannon
WaveMotionCannon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@stronger: all PIS except maybe the bullets thing

WaveMotionCannon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By WaveMotionCannon

Team Marvel. Cap can beat either Babe or the Bat, Cyclops puts them over. The prep nut hugging is getting outrageous.

Saren

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By Saren

Batman goes ninja on Cyclops and then proceeds to help Bane feed Cap his shield.

BlackWind

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

What kind of prep stops Cyclops from opening his eyes and levelling the entire area?

Saren

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

What kind of prep stops Cyclops from opening his eyes and levelling the entire area?

The first line of the OP, maybe?

I mean, seriously....

Stronger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By Stronger

@stronger: all PIS except maybe the bullets thing

And Cyclops's feats are not PIS?

Captain America can't beat Batman with standart equipment or Bane with venom.Anyway DC team has prep so they win.

TDK_1997

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 153

User Lists: 13

#34  Edited By TDK_1997

Team DC can win but the same goes for Team Marvel.But I should give it to Bats and Bane.

god_spawn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 god_spawn  Moderator

@stronger: Uh huh. Let's ignore context and pretend that flies.

russellmania77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Batman ... and bane

Avatar image for deactivated-5e8a1f5fafc4e
deactivated-5e8a1f5fafc4e

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

These kind of debates are getting kind of tedious. Putting Batman against someone he couldn't beat in a random encounter but giving him prep so that he can win. Unless Batman has fought someone very similar to cyclops in the same setting and with the same amount of prep a lot of it is down to speculation.

WaveMotionCannon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By WaveMotionCannon

@stronger

Cyclops has actual powers, Bats dodging lasers and speedsters is pure PIS. One blast KOs Bane then they team up on the Bat, game over.

AngryHulks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I think Cyclops and Captain America wins here, but it's possible for street levelers to beat moral-on Cyclops.

Stronger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By Stronger

@god_spawn:

I didn't get that......

@stronger

Cyclops has actual powers, Bats dodging lasers and speedsters is pure PIS. One blast KOs Bane then they team up on the Bat, game over.

Cyclops doesn't have superspeed.And I never said he dodged speedsters.I meant that he was able to fight them.Bane and Batman have prep.And since I haven't seen anything from Cyke and Cap,DC team takes this.

Dissonant_Ink

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Standard gear with 5 hours of prep? They only gain knowledge of each other than? If so... Bane seem like the weak link here.

HigorM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 HigorM  Moderator

Batman and Bane for the win considering the time for preparation..

WaveMotionCannon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By WaveMotionCannon

@stronger:

Cyclops doesn't have to have superspeed, his beams travel fast and he used them to tag people far faster than Bane or The Bat. Bats is human and shouldn't be able to fight OR dodge speedsters so any instance if it is PIS. Cyclops has bounced his beams off several surfaces like a trick shot and is very accurate, neither Bane or Bats can stand up to his blasts even at a low setting. You're a DC guy i get it, so you picked them regardless of the fact they'd get their asses beat.

Saren

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By Saren

@stronger:

Cyclops doesn't have to have superspeed, his beams travel fast and he used them to tag people far faster than Bane or The Bat. Bats is human and shouldn't be able to fight OR dodge speedsters so any instance if it is PIS. Cyclops has bounced his beams off several surfaces like a trick shot and is very accurate, neither Bane or Bats can stand up to his blasts even at a low setting. You're a DC guy i get it, so you picked them regardless of the fact they'd get their asses beat.

Dr. Light is precisely the same case; he doesn't have superspeed, but his beams travel fast (exactly as fast as Scott's do, in fact), and he's tagged plenty of really fast people. Batman has dodged his beams for the same reason Wolverine and Captain America and several street levelers have managed to react to and block Scott's beams; they're dependent on his aim and the speed at which he can toggle the servos in his visor, so all they have to do is be faster than he can aim. Street levelers avoiding energy beams happens about as often as fast folks getting tagged by energy beams does.

Cyclops can be as accurate as he wants, he needs a target to hit. Batman's extreme stealth advantage robs Scott of a target to aim at, Scott has no showings that suggest he's going to detect one of the world's greatest ninjas stalking him, and once he gets into close range, Bruce can one-shot Scott with his bare hands (nerve strikes) or with one of his toys. Honestly, I'd say Bane has a stealth advantage over Cyclops as well considering how he managed to get the jump on Tim Drake mere seconds after Drake had Bane in plain sight of him; the only difference being that Bane will break Scott's neck the first chance he gets instead of simply knocking him out.

I am seizing this opportunity for one of my edited scans where Bane snaps Talon's neck right off the bat; I'd originally made this to troll GS but it fits so well here.

No Caption Provided

Do we really have to be childish and crib about people's company biases? Come on. Make a decent case or find some other thread to drag down.

entropy_aegis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 7

#45  Edited By entropy_aegis

Bane has also caught Talia,Talon,Croc and Azrael by surprise/stealth tactics.

Team Marvel. Cap can beat either Babe or the Bat, Cyclops puts them over. The prep nut hugging is getting outrageous.

Cap cannot beat either Batman or Bane in their current state.

ghost_rider1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By ghost_rider1

Im gonna go with team marvel. 5 hrs of prep isnt gonna do much here. Since cyclops have knowledge on batman and bane. That gives team marvel the win. Cyclops is a master tactician and i highly doubt batman or bane can do anything to put scott at a disadvantage

WaveMotionCannon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@citizenbane: there's a saying about shoes fitting and wearing them I'm sure you've heard of it. It's not childish it's true, there's a lot of people that are biased one way or the other and that should be weighed against their credibility. I didn't insult him I made a statement. If you're saying the Bats ninja skills negate Scott's beams please provide a scan, I liked your thoughts on street levelers dodging light beams , I don't wholly agree with it but I see your point. Both Cap and Scott have had encounters with stealthy opponents and ninjas ( Scott's had two teammates with ninja training) so to say they'd be caught completely unawares is ridiculous.

Saren

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Im gonna go with team marvel. 5 hrs of prep isnt gonna do much here. Since cyclops have knowledge on batman and bane. That gives team marvel the win. Cyclops is a master tactician and i highly doubt batman or bane can do anything to put scott at a disadvantage

He doesn't, actually. The OP says everyone's knowledge is limited to what ordinary people know. Assuming that's comicverse ordinary people, ordinary people don't know jack about Batman or Bane because they're both clandestine individuals. Cyclops and Cap have been in the public eye for years and there's a lot more information circulating freely about them. I can guarantee you Batman has Cyclops beat in the tactician department.

ghost_rider1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49  Edited By ghost_rider1
Saren

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@citizenbane: there's a saying about shoes fitting and wearing them I'm sure you've heard of it. It's not childish it's true, there's a lot of people that are biased one way or the other and that should be weighed against their credibility. I didn't insult him I made a statement. If you're saying the Bats ninja skills negate Scott's beams please provide a scan, I liked your thoughts on street levelers dodging light beams , I don't wholly agree with it but I see your point. Both Cap and Scott have had encounters with stealthy opponents and ninjas ( Scott's had two teammates with ninja training) so to say they'd be caught completely unawares is ridiculous.

Ok, then henceforth I will weigh your non-existent credibility keeping in mind your Cyclops Was Right T-shirt. Childish is childish is childish.

Post a scan of what? Batman exhibiting leet ninja stealth skills? Here's one that you can proudly yell "PIS!" at:

No Caption Provided

And here's a more reasonabe one: (read from right to left because CV is so cantankerous about things like this now)

And here's one for Bane too:

No Caption Provided

I don't think there's any getting around the fact that Scott is ill-equipped to handle Batman's stealth capabilities. The fact that two of his teammates are ninjas is irrelevant; Wolverine and Psylocke (presuming those are the two you meant) could sneak up on Scott if they wanted to, and it's not like he's ever been portrayed as having his senses sharpened by association with them. It's about as relevant as saying Batman has two teammates who fire lasers out of their eyes, and has fought people with that same power, so Cyclops isn't going to be an issue.