Avatar image for omegadynasty
#1 Posted by OmegaDynasty (10498 posts) - - Show Bio

 
 



 
 
Avatar image for vance_astro
#2 Posted by vance_astro (89935 posts) - - Show Bio

Ryu.

Moderator
Avatar image for omegadynasty
#3 Posted by OmegaDynasty (10498 posts) - - Show Bio
@Vance Astro said:
"Ryu. "

I'm not sure what Ryu's strength level is, I know he defeated bigger and stronger opponents then himself " Sagat". Would you say his martial arts could stand up to Bane's might, or does Ryu solely win with the Hadu?
Avatar image for king_saturn
#4 Posted by King Saturn (220500 posts) - - Show Bio
Ryu should be able to handle Bane quite handily 
Avatar image for omegadynasty
#5 Posted by OmegaDynasty (10498 posts) - - Show Bio
@King Saturn said:
"Ryu should be able to handle Bane quite handily  "

So is this a slaughter? I was really hoping not to make a spite thread. lol
Avatar image for vance_astro
#6 Posted by vance_astro (89935 posts) - - Show Bio
@OmegaDynasty said:
" @Vance Astro said:
"Ryu. "
I'm not sure what Ryu's strength level is, I know he defeated bigger and stronger opponents then himself " Sagat". Would you say his martial arts could stand up to Bane's might, or does Ryu solely win with the Hadu? "
I don't think he needs a Hadoken.I think he's skilled and strong enough to handle Bane.It all depends what version of Ryu you are using.
Moderator
Avatar image for forgotten_angel
#7 Posted by Forgotten Angel (14 posts) - - Show Bio

id say that ryu could win using only the hado technique but wouldusing only his martial arts because of banes strengtrh and durability.
Avatar image for omegadynasty
#8 Posted by OmegaDynasty (10498 posts) - - Show Bio
@Vance Astro said:
" @OmegaDynasty said:
" @Vance Astro said:
"Ryu. "
I'm not sure what Ryu's strength level is, I know he defeated bigger and stronger opponents then himself " Sagat". Would you say his martial arts could stand up to Bane's might, or does Ryu solely win with the Hadu? "
I don't think he needs a Hadoken.I think he's skilled and strong enough to handle Bane.It all depends what version of Ryu you are using. "

Just regular ol Ryu, not his evil incarnation. Unless you meant something else. So would Ryu be considered a low level meta?
Avatar image for king_saturn
#9 Posted by King Saturn (220500 posts) - - Show Bio
@OmegaDynasty said:
" @King Saturn said:
"Ryu should be able to handle Bane quite handily  "
So is this a slaughter? I was really hoping not to make a spite thread. lol "
I dont know about slaughter... but I dont see Bane coming out of this fight 
Avatar image for omegadynasty
#10 Posted by OmegaDynasty (10498 posts) - - Show Bio


@King Saturn
said:
" @OmegaDynasty said:
" @King Saturn said:
"Ryu should be able to handle Bane quite handily  "
So is this a slaughter? I was really hoping not to make a spite thread. lol "
I dont know about slaughter... but I dont see Bane coming out of this fight  "

So despite Ryu's Hadoken, would you say Ryu is a better martial artist/fighter then Batman. We all know what Bane did to Batman. 
 


 
 
Avatar image for vance_astro
#11 Posted by vance_astro (89935 posts) - - Show Bio
@OmegaDynasty said: 
Just regular ol Ryu, not his evil incarnation. Unless you meant something else. So would Ryu be considered a low level meta? "
No what I mean is if we are using Ryu from the games, the Udon Comics, crossover games,crossover comics,movies,animes,manga etc.
Moderator
Avatar image for king_saturn
#12 Posted by King Saturn (220500 posts) - - Show Bio
@OmegaDynasty said:
"

@King Saturn
said:
" @OmegaDynasty said:
" @King Saturn said:
"Ryu should be able to handle Bane quite handily  "
So is this a slaughter? I was really hoping not to make a spite thread. lol "
I dont know about slaughter... but I dont see Bane coming out of this fight  "

So despite Ryu's Hadoken, would you say Ryu is a better martial artist/fighter then Batman. We all know what Bane did to Batman. 
 


1239138-batman_bane.png
"
I dont think Bane broke up Batman like that specifically because Bane is a better Martial Artist then Batman... there were other conditions for Bane beating Batman... 
Avatar image for omegadynasty
#13 Posted by OmegaDynasty (10498 posts) - - Show Bio
    @Vance Astro said:
" @OmegaDynasty said: 
Just regular ol Ryu, not his evil incarnation. Unless you meant something else. So would Ryu be considered a low level meta? "
No what I mean is if we are using Ryu from the games, the Udon Comics, crossover games,crossover comics,movies,animes,manga etc. "

Alright, we will go with SF2 Ryu.  

   
  
Avatar image for toxicwaste
#14 Posted by ToxicWaste (311 posts) - - Show Bio

Ryu wins. But this would be a good match-up

Avatar image for fadetoblackbolt
#15 Posted by FadeToBlackBolt (23390 posts) - - Show Bio

Ryu+Hadouken= Dead Bane. 
 
Also, the sole reason Bane beat the Bat was because of how exausted Batman was. Also, it was the 90s.

Avatar image for macest128
#16 Edited by Macest128 (900 posts) - - Show Bio

@FadeToBlackBolt said:

Ryu+Hadouken= Dead Bane. Also, the sole reason Bane beat the Bat was because of how exausted Batman was. Also, it was the 90s.

depends on which bane but this one wins

Avatar image for macest128
#17 Posted by Macest128 (900 posts) - - Show Bio

@Vance Astro said:

Ryu.

depends on which bane but this one wins

Avatar image for trueilluminatus
#18 Posted by TrueIlluminatus (9579 posts) - - Show Bio
@Macest128 said:

@Vance Astro said:

Ryu.

depends on which bane but this one wins

..So you've put a great deal of thought into this little argument of yours, Macest?
Avatar image for sandiego008
#19 Posted by sandiego008 (3408 posts) - - Show Bio

@Macest128: is that rulk bane?

Avatar image for trueilluminatus
#20 Posted by TrueIlluminatus (9579 posts) - - Show Bio
@sandiego008: He received a bad batch of Venom that day.
Avatar image for decoy_elite
#21 Posted by Decoy Elite (30159 posts) - - Show Bio
@Illuminatus said:
@Macest128 said:

@Vance Astro said:

Ryu.

depends on which bane but this one wins

..So you've put a great deal of thought into this little argument of yours, Macest?
He got a scan and everything! :O
Avatar image for trueilluminatus
#22 Edited by TrueIlluminatus (9579 posts) - - Show Bio
@Decoy Elite said:

@Illuminatus said:

@Macest128 said:

@Vance Astro said:

Ryu.

depends on which bane but this one wins

..So you've put a great deal of thought into this little argument of yours, Macest?
He got a scan and everything! :O
I'm truly quite proud of him. This might be the least irrelevant scan Macest has ever provided. He deserves to commended. 
Avatar image for playstationfanboy
#23 Posted by PlaystationFanboy (46 posts) - - Show Bio

Donnt underestimate Ryu. There's a reason why he left a permanent scar on Sagat from one punch. By the time he reached SF3, he became just as strong as Evil Ryu without needing to succumb to the Dark Hadou. He beat Zangief and Hugo, both of which are huge wrestlers than rely solely on their strength and size to win.

Avatar image for saiyan_earthling
#24 Posted by saiyan_earthling (5887 posts) - - Show Bio

Ryu should be able to beat Bane, but not easily.

Avatar image for emperorznb
#25 Posted by emperorznb (1678 posts) - - Show Bio

Ryu wins this.

Avatar image for thanobomb1124
#26 Posted by thanobomb1124 (2041 posts) - - Show Bio

I think sagat would beat bane.

Avatar image for boobster
#27 Posted by Boobster (1627 posts) - - Show Bio

@PlaystationFanboy said:

Donnt underestimate Ryu. There's a reason why he left a permanent scar on Sagat from one punch. By the time he reached SF3, he became just as strong as Evil Ryu without needing to succumb to the Dark Hadou. He beat Zangief and Hugo, both of which are huge wrestlers than rely solely on their strength and size to win.

Yes there is a reason, because Ryu got owned and didn't want to admit it, so performed forbidden Shoryu.

Avatar image for pea55
#28 Posted by pea55 (494 posts) - - Show Bio

I gotta o with Ryu here!

Avatar image for jeanroygrant
#29 Posted by jeanroygrant (20442 posts) - - Show Bio

@Vance Astro said:

Ryu.
Avatar image for saiyan_earthling
#30 Posted by saiyan_earthling (5887 posts) - - Show Bio

Ryu via Metsu Shoryuken

Avatar image for fourthdeity
#31 Posted by FourthDeity (2244 posts) - - Show Bio

Bane couldn't take a metsu hadoken nor a Metsu shoryuken.

Avatar image for crom_cruach
#32 Posted by Crom-Cruach (8935 posts) - - Show Bio

Ryu would hand Bane's ass on a silver plate. The only characters that can stand up to him are Sagat Bison Gooken and Akuma and they are a lot more powerful then bane will ever be.

Avatar image for nishi99
#33 Posted by nishi99 (1350 posts) - - Show Bio

Ryu owns him.

Avatar image for shinkii
#34 Posted by Shinkii (29 posts) - - Show Bio

Correct me if I am wrong, but doesn't Ryu become stronger than that of his evil incarnation: thus being the reason as to how he overcame it? Nonetheless, Ryu takes this. His speed rivals that of Akuma, who seems to phase right through opponents and crosses reasonable distances as if he were teleporting. I'm using the SF4 battle scene as a reference.

Avatar image for terry2012
#35 Posted by terry2012 (9115 posts) - - Show Bio

Ryu

Avatar image for revenge_of_chucky
#36 Posted by Revenge_Of_Chucky (450 posts) - - Show Bio

@terry2012 said:

Ryu

Avatar image for nickthedevil
#37 Posted by nickthedevil (14901 posts) - - Show Bio

Doesn't ryu blow apar mountains?

Avatar image for thesuperhuman
#38 Posted by TheSuperHuman (1310 posts) - - Show Bio

Ryu is borderline, if not, superhuman. He destroys Bane with or without use of the Hadouken.

Avatar image for ripcurl
#39 Posted by ripcurl (546 posts) - - Show Bio

@thanobomb1124:

TIGER UPPERCUT!!!

Avatar image for hero4life
#40 Posted by Hero4life (272 posts) - - Show Bio

Ryu takes this.

Whatever happen to Ken though.

Avatar image for jayfournines
#41 Posted by Jayfournines (4160 posts) - - Show Bio

Ryu's got this, the only instance Bane could win is if it were Street Fighter I version of Ryu