Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By anthp2000  Moderator
No Caption Provided

VS

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

- Azula doesn't have her bending
- Azula has 5 of those shuriken thingies for close combat or to use however she wants:

No Caption Provided

- Standard gear for the guys (Dual swords for Jet, Sword, Boomerang and Water Tribe club for Sokka)
- Azula is sane

- Morals Off
- Battle at the Chamber where Azula and the Dai Li faced Aang, Sokka and Toph during the Ecilpse.

Round 1: EoS sane Azula
Round 2: Azula has comic feats

Jet and Sokka attempt to take down Azula during the Eclipse. Can they do it, or will Azula walk on their unconscious bodies....?

wbr17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

yes

Amendment50

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

@anthp2000: Could you exclude me from future tags?

anthp2000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By anthp2000  Moderator
Koays

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Shes far more agile then them. Unless they stick close together shes gonna get behind one of them or trip one up and kill them. If they do stick together then she loses pretty consistently since shed have no way to force an opening.

But since Jet focuses on speed and agility more then Sokka does there probably gonna split up and get curbed.

Avatar image for firestarlord73194
FireStarLord73194

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Does lightning count as bending?

anthp2000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 anthp2000  Moderator
Avatar image for shepardoakenprime
ShepardOakenPrime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I feel like Sokka and Jet can disregard those shurikens and overpower her, her agility is alaways followed by her powerful fire blasts which she doesn't have here. Plus I don't think she has the strength to knock them out. She only wins if her shurikens manage to take both of them out, though I don't think she has any training with them so her chances of killing them with those are low.

Avatar image for justicethorpsylocke
justicethorpsylocke

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Team. Without her bending all she can really do is run. Her H2H isn't good enough.

GothamCiti

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By GothamCiti

Team.

She may be skilled in h2h and agile, but she's still at a reach disadvantage against the two.

Aside from the team overwhelming her up close if they attack close together, Jet should pressure her with his sword range on his own while Sokka's also has his stealthy boomerang skills to disorient her while she's distracted.

juiceboks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 juiceboks  Moderator

Jet solos.

anthp2000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By anthp2000  Moderator
Pr0tocol

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

justicethorpsylocke

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@anthp2000: I know, she doesn't really have feats with them to take 2 of the best swordsmen in the series.

justicethorpsylocke

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@anthp2000: Well not swordsmen, just weapon users in general.

anthp2000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 anthp2000  Moderator

@justicethorpsylocke: To be fair she easily disarmed Suki who shouldn't be far from Sokka in swordsmanship and bested her, Zuko and Ty Lee in h2h without bending. She has her shurikens instead of simple hands now and that means that she can stab them. Her martial arts from firebending and agility shows that she is able to kick and Dodge extremy well like she did with Aang and Mai's projectiles. I also offered her a home advantage but I don't know if it makes much of a difference.

I don't know if she can win but she does have the feats to at least match them. Isn't it a food fight?

justicethorpsylocke

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@justicethorpsylocke: To be fair she easily disarmed Suki who shouldn't be far from Sokka in swordsmanship and bested her, Zuko and Ty Lee in h2h without bending. She has her shurikens instead of simple hands now and that means that she can stab them. Her martial arts from firebending and agility shows that she is able to kick and Dodge extremy well like she did with Aang and Mai's projectiles. I also offered her a home advantage but I don't know if it makes much of a difference.

I don't know if she can win but she does have the feats to at least match them. Isn't it a food fight?

It's definitely a good fight but I think with Jet's agility/ability to fight benders and Sokka's pure sword skill and intuitive combat sense they can pull off a win more often than not.

anthp2000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By anthp2000  Moderator
Avatar image for deactivated-6241fa3a1cff5
deactivated-6241fa3a1cff5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

DragonbellZ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Her H2H isn't good enough.

She will be doing alot of bending in that case ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

justicethorpsylocke

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Avatar image for deactivated-6241fa3a1cff5
deactivated-6241fa3a1cff5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

noobsnowman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Azula's speed and unrivalled tactical mind will win her this fight easily.

Avatar image for deactivated-57c3cf21b495e
deactivated-57c3cf21b495e

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Marty2187

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@anthp2000:Well, the eclipse only lasts 8 minutes - so if you are asking if the guys can take her down in that time-frame, I doubt it.

But given time, yeah, they take her down. To begin with, Azula has very little offensive advantage here. Even assuming she is as skilled with the shuriken as Mai, those things are still pretty useless in close combat and if Sokka can block them when thrown by Mai, both of them should be able to handle them here. Azula's best option would be to get them to loose focus and try a sneak attack, but with morals off and two of them pressuring her, I don't see that happening. Practically weaponless and facing 4 swords - martial arts proficiency an only take you so far and its not like she is an expert in hand to hand.

Second thing to remember - Azula had a lot of help from the Dai Li agents distracting Aang and Toph, keeping Sokka away and helping Azula out. Ofcourse, Azula would be mostly running and dodging here - but when it comes to that, she is not going to be better than Aang with airbending and Jet was able to keep up with him. I'd say she can stall him for quite some time, but even without Sokka, Jet with 2 swords would win this one. With Sokka, the stalling would be even tougher.

anthp2000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By anthp2000  Moderator

@marty2187: She has some of the best h2h in the series, if not the nest. SHE bested Zuko and Suki twice and she also bested Ty Lee. She is certainly an expert. I figured that with shurikens on her hands instead of just her fingers, she has many chances of hurting them and cause fatal injuries to win. She has also disarmed a bloodlusyed Suki and has some of the best agility feats in the series.

Marty2187

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@anthp2000:

But she is not fighting hand to hand, she is fighting hand to sword. She isn't that good nor are her opponents that bad. And can you remind me where the bit with Ty Lee happened?

anthp2000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 anthp2000  Moderator

@marty2187: It happened in Smoke and Shadow part 3. She still disarmed a bloodlusted Suki.

Marty2187

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@anthp2000: You mean the slap? I'd hardly call that "besting".

And when was Suki ever bloodlusted on the show?

cpt_nice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Duo comfortably. Jet alone would give her a good fight with no bending, and post sword training Sokka is good enough to add something to a non-bender fight.

anthp2000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 anthp2000  Moderator

@marty2187: She dodged Ty Lee and slapped her. That "slap" would be fatal if she had shurikens in her hands, that's my point.
Suki clearly was ready to stab her with her kantana. If she hadn't dodged and disarmed her, she would be dead.

Marty2187

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By Marty2187

@anthp2000:

But Ty Lee, being a chi-blocker, was going for h2h. Someone with a sword wouldn't be so close. That's why I think the shuriken in her hands would be useless in close-quarters.

And I really don't think of disarming Book 2 Suki as much of a feat. I mean, even Book 1 Zuko was able to fodderize the Kyoshi warriors. It was only in Book 3 that Suki showed any real improvement.

anthp2000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By anthp2000  Moderator

@marty2187: I'm not saying that she wins 100% or even a majority. I wouldn't make the thread if I knew whoi wins. But the way she disarmed Suki can work at least with Sokka. She easily dodged all of Zuko's attacks and bested him without bending in Book 2: Ep1 without even using her superior agility and I don't see why she shouldn't do good in close quarters here. One strike with those shurikens and it's over. She can also hit them from behind. You shouldn't forget all the acrobatics she did in the invasion and she is fighting on the same place. She has also shown incredible reflexes to keep up with Jet's swords. He is trouble but she can eventually overwhelm him with her h2h and deadly shurikens as much as the team can overwhelm her with their own abilities. I don't see this as one sided as you think it is. She is an extremely formidable opponent with a weapon and no bending. I would personally put her slightly above Jet in non-bending if you give her a few of those shurikens.

And yet she still bested Suki as much as she did with Ty Lee is smoke and shadow once again. I'd say that Suki held her own pretty well against Azula and that she was better than she was in Book 1. All Zuko did to Suki was a break dance thing that didn't hurt her much. Zuko's rhino was the one that thre her out of the way. I believe that she would beat 1v1 vs Book 1 Zuko even when she was still Book 1.
It should also be noted that in the comics, Suki is also a chi-blocker tought by Ty Lee herself.

I'm not saying that she would beat Ty Lee or Suki in a non-bending battle, but she can get shots that could be fatal.

Marty2187

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@anthp2000: I think you are really underestimating how much of an advantage swords give you. Especially if someone uses them right. If you look at Sokka's fighting style, you'll see that he always goes for quick thrusts while keeping his body out of the opponent's range. Add to that that there are 2 opponents and Sokka is very good at teamwork.

All of Azula's speed, agility and reflexes will help her dodge and avoid, but they won't help her overcome the disadvantage. I also don't think she'd be above Jet in non-bending even with those shuriken. To begin with, even though she could beat Zuko in h2h, I don't think she could do the same if he had swords. Jet is equal to him in swordplay and he was fast and agile enough to keep up with Aang with just his swords.

anthp2000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By anthp2000  Moderator

@marty2187: So you think Sokka can beat Azula 1v1 like that? Honestly, he's the last non-bender I can think that is competent enough.

Zuko is not equal with him in swords. Zuko is much better. Just because Jet was stalemating him it doesn't mean that ABC logic applies here. It's not like Jet's swords can slash through anything. They aren't designed that way, If you look at his battles, all he does is grab his opponents' legs all the time. Because he cannot stab them with those things. Zuko's can. Jet's swords are different and not as dangerous. Zuko impressed me, Jet didn't THAT much.

That's just my opinion though, but Jet's swords and skills aren't as good.

Marty2187

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@anthp2000: Sokka can't beat Azula 1 on 1 without bending, but he can still give her a very tough fight.

Regarding Jet's swords - the hilt is sharpened for stabbing, the main part is for slashing and the crescent guard is for blocking/deflecting. Ofcourse, we never actually see anyone stab anyone in Avatar but as weapons go, the hook swords are a lot more versatile than regular swords.

katrurius17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Azula after he hard fight, she's too agile for them and had no problems to disarm the to Sokka and Jet superior Suki.

Avatar image for deactivated-5ebcd5ad9fb95
deactivated-5ebcd5ad9fb95

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The team.

gunchar16

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By gunchar16

@anthp2000:

R1:After a good fight the team, due to weapons advantage.

R2: No chance for the team, Kemurikage Azula had too much improvement in agility and H2H:

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

gunchar16

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@gunchar16: Wrong. One hit ends the fight for Azula. Sure she is agile but Jet and Sokka are smart and skilled, Jet is also pretty quick.

gunchar16

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By gunchar16

@major_hellstorm: So have you read the comics or not?

Cause she played easily around with Suki and Ty Lee, Sokka and Jet are neither as smart(especially not Jet) nor as skilled+clearly too slow for Kemurikage Azula.

And one hit like against Ty Lee but with a Shuriken ends the fight for Sokka or Jet too.

Against non comic Azula is it a different story, but Kemurikage is too much for them(especially armed).

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@gunchar16: I have.

Sokka is smarter than either. This CaV has a lot of good Sokka feats and arguements. (http://comicvine.gamespot.com/forums/battles-7/cav-sokka-gothamciti-vs-zuko-americanspeeddemon-fi-1718503/)

Not really, those things don't cut as deep.

gunchar16

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By gunchar16

@major_hellstorm: Sokka is smarter than either

Since when(he's pretty smart, but was never as smart as her), + she can easily exploit him cause he is still a hothead(and Jet even worse). Also i know Sokkas feats that's why they would win R1, but R2 is still too much.

If you get a shuriken directly in the face is your fight over, let alone that she just could cut their throats instead.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@gunchar16: I mean smart in terms of inginuity. I think they would win in R1. I am undecided in R2.

Ture. But a sword that cuts deep enough can end a fight no matter where in the body it hits.

gunchar16

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By gunchar16

@major_hellstorm: Well i agree with R1(and inguinuity, but his disadvantages are tactical a bit and especially being exploitable), but Azulas upgrades in SaS where so big that she now became basicly the best non-Bending fighter. That can change with the North and South trilogy if Sokka becomes a good upgrade, but Jet probably stays as he his.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@gunchar16: True, but Ty Lee got a down grade and every non bender became faster (lightning reacting levels), so I don't really like the comics when it comes to non-bending feats.

gunchar16

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50  Edited By gunchar16

@major_hellstorm: I wouldn't say that Ty Lee became a real downgrade(when?, it's more like you've said many others became a speed upgrade), but yeah lightning is rly weird now.