Avengers (Marvel Now) vs Justice League mix (New 52)

• 176 results
Avatar image for deactivated-5c1d15b8899b0
deactivated-5c1d15b8899b0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

Avengers

• Captain America
  • Spider Woman
  • Wolverine
  • Cannonball
  • Thor
  • Iron Man
  • Hulk
  • Hawkeye
  • Manifold
  • Havok
  • Smasher
  • Hyperion
  • Superior Spiderman
  • Black Widow
  • Shang Chi
  • Sunspot
  • Captain Marvel

Justice League mix:

• Batman
  • Superman
  • Wonder Woman
  • Flash (Barry Allen)
  • Green Lantern (Hal Jordan)
  • Aquaman
  • Cyborg
  • Firestorm
  • Element Woman
  • Atom
  • Constantine
  • Martian Manhunter
  • Hawkman
  • Vibe
  • Black Orchid
  • Green Arrow
  • Frankenstein

Rules

Random encounter

Current versions of Dc characters

Current versions of Marvel characters

Standart gears (displayed currently)

No prep

No help

No BFR

Morals are off,but not bloodlusted

Wins by death or incapacitation

schillenger420

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By schillenger420

Marvel doesn't have enough heavy hitters, and once again they lose. Kinda sucks because I like Marvel more than DC, but their characters don't tend to stack up well vs the JL. The Avengers just don't have the firepower to win the majority against Superman, Wonderwoman, Flash, Green Lantern and the Martian Manhunter. Honestly those 5 alone could probably do this. Thor and Hyperion would be the biggest issues... the rest just get stomped. Even Iron Man winds up being more or less a chump in this fight without prep. On a side note, Superman vs. Sunspot..... wouldn't that just make Superman that much more powerful?

jashro44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Without captain universe they don't have a counter for martian manhunter....He is going to be a huge problem.

Avatar image for homicidalmaniac
homicidalmaniac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

@schillenger420: In the current book,the Avengers have Captain Universe and she took out a planet buster if I'm not mistaken.

DedrabbiT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By DedrabbiT

Well you could throw captain universe in the Avengers side. Would that be overkill?

Or Ex Nihilo...

jashro44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@schillenger420: In the current book,the Avengers have Captain Universe and she took out a planet buster if I'm not mistaken.

When was this?

Avatar image for termiteone4ever
termiteone4ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

The DC team is going to pain Thor alone cant do it . As matter a fact its a easy victory for superman .

homicidalmaniac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jashro44: Marvel Now Avengers 3#.I'm recall she destroy a character that was made to destroy planets if I'm not wrong.

homicidalmaniac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

patrat18

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

homicidalmaniac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

patrat18

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

homicidalmaniac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@patrat18: Thor hammer can hit characters that can phase.Even if N52 MMH win I think he would just barely manage to win.

patrat18

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By patrat18

@homicidalmaniac: haha thor would not even see him, and then he would get his heart plucked out same with hyperion

homicidalmaniac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

patrat18

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

the_stegman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#17 the_stegman  Moderator

I'm soo glad Captain Universe and Deadman aren't in this, people tend to go with whatever side has them. However, I don't see the Avengers having an answer to the Martian without prep.

homicidalmaniac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@patrat18: It not like that Thor hit people at can phase.Seeing this debate between us will go on go.I will stop debating against you for now.I'm too lazy to go full debate mode against you since I'm saving it for Pope.I will say if Captain Universe was on the Avengers Team.Then Avengers will take this 8/10 or 9/10 or whatever.

jashro44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jashro44: Marvel Now Avengers 3#.I'm recall she destroy a character that was made to destroy planets if I'm not wrong.

IIRC Aleph destroyed civilization apparently but not actual planets.

With that said shang chi was able to break his leg (it did repair but still). So his durability wasn't that great.

homicidalmaniac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By homicidalmaniac

@jashro44: Civilzation might have mean other things like City or Country or Empire or Planet.I recall Aleph was hurt when Shang Chi broke his leg(still impressive feat for Shang at least).

Avatar image for wavemotioncannon
WaveMotionCannon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By WaveMotionCannon

Avengers have a chance, Manifold can teleport half the DC team into the sun leaving only the heavy hitters. Most of the Marvel team are street levelers but nobody on the DC team barring Supes, GL and WW would survive being TP'd to the middle of the sun.

BTW. He's done similar things in normal circumstances like teleporting a battleship inside a space cruiser on Captain Americas orders and TP'in from Earth to Galador (light years from Earth) with no effort.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

dondave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Justice League

WaveMotionCannon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By WaveMotionCannon

@matchesmalone21: it's not BFR if its used as an attack. Teleporting a ship inside another to destroy them both isn't BFR. Teleporting someone to their death inside the sun is an attack not an escape.

His power is BFR why have him here? What's the differences from when people say Cyborg boom tubes people into the ocean or somewhere else hazardous ?

MAZAHS117

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

While the current Avengers roster is probably the strongest it's been in a while, I'm still leaning towards the Justice League with these specific rosters

Who's gonna counter Jonn's telepathy or Constantine's magic? I'm open to suggestions, but as it stands now I think the Justice League takes the majority

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@wavemotioncannon: When she does this currently scans?? You know this is the current version right?

youngwonderman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I think that the Justice League would win this. You should have used the Avenger's roster including new recruits of Ex Nihilo, Abyss, Nightmask, and Starbrand. The Justice League would still be tough even with the new recruits.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@youngwonderman: Due the lack of feat and surely people would start to theorize about their powers,since their powerset isn't entirely stated.

Marvel doesn't have enough heavy hitters, and once again they lose. Kinda sucks because I like Marvel more than DC, but their characters don't tend to stack up well vs the JL. The Avengers just don't have the firepower to win the majority against Superman, Wonderwoman, Flash, Green Lantern and the Martian Manhunter. Honestly those 5 alone could probably do this. Thor and Hyperion would be the biggest issues... the rest just get stomped. Even Iron Man winds up being more or less a chump in this fight without prep. On a side note, Superman vs. Sunspot..... wouldn't that just make Superman that much more powerful?

Marvel have nearly equal numbers of powerhouses Thor,Hulk and Hyperion and debatable powerhouses such Smasher,Manifold and Sunspot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@wavemotioncannon: The battle happens where? On Earth.

Teleporting someone to their death inside the sun is an attack

This is BFR

WaveMotionCannon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@matchesmalone21: well then he ports them inside a volcano on earth and kills them. I know you want everything to be in the JLA's favor but if his primary power is BFR why include him then?

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@wavemotioncannon: I don't want anything in favor anyone,you're just uncapable to pay attention to the rules. If this is her primary powers,why you don't talk about her other powers...for a chance she is useless or you don't know how to support her?

Kills all of them? I believe she could kill few members and also Cyborg can do the same

WaveMotionCannon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By WaveMotionCannon

@matchesmalone21: she's a he and that's HIS powerset. He bends time/ space to open portals to anywhere basically so theoretically he could open a portal from a volcano onto the battlefield and wipe out half the DC team.

Cyborgs boom tubes haven't been shown to work the same way and I haven't seen cyborg transporting other people without accompanying them so he couldn't do the same thing.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@matchesmalone21: she's a he and that's HIS powerset. He bends time/ space to open portals to anywhere basically so theoretically he could open a portal from a volcano onto the battlefield and wipe out half the DC team.

Cyborgs boom tubes haven't been shown to work the same way and I haven't seen cyborg transporting other people without accompanying them so he couldn't do the same thing.

This is powerset,but without feats is just speculation... then scans please.

Cyborg already does that during Darkseid's invasion (Before have full control of his powers),when he banished Darkseid and the Parademons,so yes he could do it.

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

WaveMotionCannon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No Caption Provided

@matchesmalone that's him spearing one AIM agent and getting rid of the rest of them through his portals.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No Caption Provided

@matchesmalone that's him spearing one AIM agent and getting rid of the rest of them through his portals.

This si Manifold?? Oh man I always confuse him with Smasher and I don't know why...

WaveMotionCannon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By WaveMotionCannon

@matchesmalone21: yeah that's him and BFR is his power. Smasher is the female Imperial Guard Superguardian with power like Ultra Boy from LSH. She caught and carried a 747 in mid air when the origin sites message knocked out electronic power worldwide.

http://static.comicvine.com/uploads/original/11/113040/3134416-captain+marvel+and+smasher.jpg

That's link to pic of Smasher. I can't post from phone.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@wavemotioncannon: I know his powers,what I tried to say is he only can BFR in the planet not outside of it as you cited before.

WaveMotionCannon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@matchesmalone21: ok then what's stopping from teleporting the team into a live volcano? The big guns would be the only ones left

godzilla44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

JL 8/10

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Avatar image for deactivated-60600b79ed2c5
deactivated-60600b79ed2c5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

Martian Manhunter? Constantine? Flash? Wonder Woman?

Justice League is wining here. Avengers only factors are Hyperion, Hulk and Thor the others get curbstomped

WaveMotionCannon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@matchesmalone21: how would he do that? What are his powers in the 52? Didn't he get nerfed when they killed Vertigo.

Blacharrt1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By Blacharrt1

Martian Manhunter? Constantine? Flash? Wonder Woman?

Justice League is wining here. Avengers only factors are Hyperion, Hulk and Thor the others get curbstomped

Manifold can bfr everyone you just named plus more right into the sun or across space. He was able to teleport a space cruiser into another space cruiser while they were moving. There is no one on the JLA team who is stronger than the Hulk, none of them have the strength or durability feats to compete with him. Hyperion's durability is also above any output the JLA could possibly come up with to get a KO from him their best bet is to BFR him if they could, and since Manifold is there that isn't possible.

Smasher is actually a bigger threat then people are giving her credit for, she also has the ability to copy powers.

Cannonball's invincibility would make him a better match up for Firestorm, he could actually pull a win off of him.

Captain Marvel could pull a win off new 52, Wonder Woman, she's not nearly as strong as she used to be, and magic items don't really affect Captain Marvel.

It's highly doubtful that flash could use the speedforce in a way to bfr anyone because thor mjolnir can traverse dimension, even rip them open, it would be utterly pointless.

Another thing to keep in mind is that Tony Stark actually upgraded several of the street levelers before they went on their first mission. DC street levelers are completely outclassed.

That being said, Marvel is still lacking muscle, they is no magical presence there where as DC has Constantine. DC also has more matter manipulators.

Strategically Marvel has the advantage, sorry but Captain has way more experience than New 52 Batman, and he can command his team on the fly and they will listen. This can not be said for New 52 justice league, they are barely a team at all, they wouldn't be nearly as organized and work together like Marvel.

Intelligence (which includes strategy): Marvel has the clear advantage, Captain America, Tony Stark, Banner, Superior Spiderman

Durabilty : Marvel has the advantage here as well, Hyperion, Hulk, and Thor combined durability completely dwarfs the New52 in feats alone.

Strength: Marvel has the advantage here as well, and i'm sure people can argue that Superman can benchpress earth, however. Marvel has confirmed Planet Busters, and people who actually held two universes apart.

Energy Manipulation: DC is the clear winner here, although Thor could give them a run for their money, think Element Girl, Firestorm, and Constantine's magic tip the scales in their favor.

Fighting Skill: Marvel takes this, Shang Chi could probably solo most of the people on the roster alone in just pure h2h, then you add, Captain America, Black Widow, Wolverine, Hawkeye, Spiderman and Spiderwoman who are all trained fighters it's a swipe. Wonderwoman, batman, and Aquaman are probably the only ones i'd hold as true fighters and they aren't beating out the Marvel team on skills alone.

Speed: i saved this one for last, because it's clear Flash is fast, however teleportation is considered to be the fastest form of traveling outside of the DC universe. Since this is a random encounter with no prep or prior knowledge flash will act, but i also think manifold will be able to act as well. In actual battle with superpowered people i have never seen flash move so fast time was standing still and instantly beat anyone. He had trouble with a telepathic monkey who was slow with molasses. So even if Flash acted i think he would go for one of the big guys instead of the small, but if he did happened to punch Wolverine, that would stun him for abit. punching Adamantium at the speeds at which he travels regardless of speedforce, should do some serious damage to him. people who have punched wolverine without superhuman strength have broken every bone in their hands.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@blacharrt1: If you read OP would know that there is no prep or BFR on this batlle (at least off the planet). The teleapthic monkey that you moking around was one of the most powerful telepaths in the planet,in new 52 he isn't a telepath,he is now capable to absorb energy especially speedforce energy.

@wavemotioncannon: Not really he just doesn't have many high-end feats mate. You can take a look here some of his recents feats here http://www.comicvine.com/john-constantine/4005-3329/forums/new-52-constantine-respect-thread-1474178/#21.

xxxddd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

@dondave said:

Justice League

This will always be the answer in any Avengers vs. "Justice League" thread.

gokuwarrior

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@blacharrt1:captain marvel?,please carol aka ms marvel,or captain marvel now is still weaker than wonder woman,even nowdays wonder woman is much stronger(she lifted a big plane by herself with ease),much faster,more durable and a much better fighter,and her magic weapons can cut through almost everything but she doesn't need weapons to win this.

homicidalmaniac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@xxxddd: Not really.It just people pull wrong characters on the Avengers team that are bad match ups against the JL members.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@homicidalmaniac: I change some Avengers members,that's ok to you or my match-up still bad your point of view?

Blacharrt1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@matchesmalone21: he will always be a telepathic monkey to me. And he's still slow as molasses.

@blacharrt1:captain marvel?,please carol aka ms marvel,or captain marvel now is still weaker than wonder woman,even nowdays wonder woman is much stronger(she lifted a big plane by herself with ease),much faster,more durable and a much better fighter,and her magic weapons can cut through almost everything but she doesn't need weapons to win this.

No to everything you just said.

gokuwarrior

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@blacharrt1:no?,wonder woman is much stronger,much faster,much more durable and a much better fighter than ms marvel and she has the feats to prove it and wonder woman's weapons are magic and can cut through almost anything,that is the truth if you don't know it go and read wonder woman's comics.