No Caption Provided
HBKTimHBK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By HBKTimHBK

Oh damn...I just realized how much Korra looks like Katara...

jeanroygrant

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By jeanroygrant

@HBKTimHBK said:

LOL, i thought it was Katara until you said that.

HBKTimHBK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By HBKTimHBK

@jeanroygrant said:

@HBKTimHBK said:

LOL, i thought it was Katara until you said that.

It's very close...

pooty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By pooty

Aang slaughters her. she can barely beat the other benders in the tournament and she has repeatedly gotten beaten by no-name chi blockers. Aang is too quick.

agent9149

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 6

#6  Edited By agent9149

wait i didn't see the all the rules............hmm i still give it to Aang.....Aang can't firebend but he's shown up to many firebender before plus his air bending is amazing, Korra's only defense against that is earthbending but Aang is a great earthbender, better than korra in my opinon....but Korra is a better water bender than aang but i think aang knows enough to stand his ground

the_stegman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#7  Edited By the_stegman  Moderator

Well, this is book two Aang, which means he hasn't mastered fire bending, against current Korra who hasn't mastered air bending. I'm giving it to Aang, Korra is the more ferocious of the two, and Aang won't go for any lethal moves with morals on, but he's still much too fast for her to try to pinpoint, he'll wear her out then k.o her.

Avatar image for oviouslyjeangrey
oviouslyjeangrey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By oviouslyjeangrey

this is very easy i have watch every season and episode of the avtar 3 times to know that aang takes this one aang unlike kora is known to be use bending from the past and was taught by masters all the best katara was the best water bender, toph best earth ect and even though the old way of bending is stronger then the current bending they say it themselves

HBKTimHBK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By HBKTimHBK

Aang I would say, too fast for Korra.

THUNDERBOLT30

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By THUNDERBOLT30

@pooty said:

Aang slaughters her. she can barely beat the other benders in the tournament and she has repeatedly gotten beaten by no-name chi blockers. Aang is too quick.

Agreed. Aang for the majority but I think Korra can give him a good fight. In fairness to her, her bending options are limited in the tournaments. I think she is permitted to only bend water.

pooty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By pooty

@oviouslyjeangrey: Who says "old bending is stronger"? Aang's group or Korra's group?

Avatar image for deranged_midget
Deranged Midget

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 4

#12  Edited By Deranged Midget

@The Stegman said:

Well, this is book two Aang, which means he hasn't mastered fire bending, against current Korra who hasn't mastered air bending. I'm giving it to Aang, Korra is the more ferocious of the two, and Aang won't go for any lethal moves with morals on, but he's still much too fast for her to try to pinpoint, he'll wear her out then k.o her.

I agree. Korra is far too headstrong and jumps into battle without a proper plan, merely depending on her "added" bending skills. Aang is far faster, smarter and easily as experienced. It's not as if Aang hasn't encountered fire-benders any-way, I'm sure he can handle it.

pooty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By pooty

@THUNDERBOLT30: she is limited in the tournament but even on the streets those chi-blockers are giving her hell.

Avatar image for jonny_anonymous
Jonny_Anonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 32

#14  Edited By Jonny_Anonymous

Why do air, water and earth benders all need a supply of there element in close proximity yet fire benders seem to create theres out of nothing?

THUNDERBOLT30

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By THUNDERBOLT30

@pooty: True. At this point in the story she hasn't developed the skill to effectively deal with them yet. Then again - neither did Aang. The only chi-blocker Aang had to face was Ty Lee (not sure how to spell her name) vs taking on multiple blockers who are trained to fight benders. I'm not sure he evern took on Ty Lee 1-on-1 before.

pooty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By pooty

@spiderbat87: good point. WOuld you have firebenders be like Pyro? Who needs a lighter or something? There is plenty of land, water and air around in nature. Fire.........not so much.

@THUNDERBOLT30: True she has the power but not the skill. Aang had good defense from the beginning and his offense got much better.

Jonny_Anonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By Jonny_Anonymous
@pooty said:

@spiderbat87: good point. WOuld you have firebenders be like Pyro? Who needs a lighter or something? There is plenty of land, water and air around in nature. Fire.........not so much.

@THUNDERBOLT30: True she has the power but not the skill. Aang had good defense from the beginning and his offense got much better.

Well if they want to use the excuse that fire benders can super heat the air around them to create fire then water benders should be able to control the moister in the air so they don't have constantly have to rely on a near by water source. Air and Earth on the other hand won't really be in any situation where a lack of there element will become a problem  
Avatar image for vercingetorixthegreat
VercingetorixTheGreat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Korra has a chance here

since morals are on and aang can't use avatar state

However air>Fire

X_insignia1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By X_insignia1

Aang no doubt

pooty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By pooty

@spiderbat87: then water benders should be able to control the moister in the air so they don't have constantly have to rely on a near by water source.

that is one of the "elite" techniques Hamma taught Kotara. Kotara can do that now. It may be an advanced technique. Like there are many steel benders now. I don't think all earthbenders can steel bend just really good ones. maybe advanced water benders can do that in Korra's world. It would be nice to see that.

agent9149

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By agent9149

@spiderbat87 said:

Why do air, water and earth benders all need a supply of there element in close proximity yet fire benders seem to create theres out of nothing?

because fire is created in nature it isn't just sitting there somewhere, please can you show me a place on earth that has a natural resource of fire just existing there for no reason

Jonny_Anonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By Jonny_Anonymous
@Agent9149 said:

@spiderbat87 said:

Why do air, water and earth benders all need a supply of there element in close proximity yet fire benders seem to create theres out of nothing?

because fire is created in nature it isn't just sitting there somewhere, please can you show me a place on earth that has a natural resource of fire just existing there for no reason

So why cant the other benders just create it out of nothing smart ass?
agent9149

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By agent9149

@spiderbat87 said:

@Agent9149 said:

@spiderbat87 said:

because in nature water, air, and earth don't need to be created to exist......and i wasn't being a smart ass >:|

Jonny_Anonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By Jonny_Anonymous
@Agent9149 said:

@spiderbat87 said:

@Agent9149 said:

@spiderbat87 said:

because in nature water, air, and earth don't need to be created to exist......and i wasn't being a smart ass >:|

Yes and fire is also created by nature as some plants require it to germinate, well you came across like one  
agent9149

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By agent9149

@spiderbat87:

@spiderbat87 said:

@Agent9149 said:

@spiderbat87 said:

@Agent9149 said:

@spiderbat87 said:

Yes and fire is also created by nature as some plants require it to germinate, well you came across like one

exactly that just proved my point, fire is created by nature, so it makes sense fire benders to be able to create fire, and sorry if i came across as one i din't mean too

pooty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By pooty

@Agent9149: @spiderbat87: also, in the series the fire benders were taking over the world. so it would be reasonable to have them be able to produce their own fire, else they would be limited in many places. and IMO we are used to seeing people produce their own fire. producing their own water and earth not so much.

agent9149

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By agent9149

@pooty said:

@Agent9149: @spiderbat87: also, in the series the fire benders were taking over the world. so it would be reasonable to have them be able to produce their own fire, else they would be limited in many places. and IMO we are used to seeing people produce their own fire. producing their own water and earth not so much.

this is exactly why i hate M. NIght Shamalhan (however one spells his name) for botching the job of the avatar movie with one of the factors that the fire benders have to provide their own fire -_- i was so upset, at that

pooty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By pooty

@Agent9149:

1) are you serious? they had to have a torch in order to control fire. so stupid

2) not to be mean. but what in the hell made you go see that movie??????!!!! Are you a sadist who enjoys seeing one of the best cartoons of all times mutilated? did you not see the commercials and trailers? lol

agent9149

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By agent9149

@pooty: yes it was so stupid; and thank God i didn't see that movie; i watched an interview of him talking about the movie and he mentioned the fire benders need to provide their own fire and i boycotted the whole entire thing

pooty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By pooty

@The Stegman: @X_insignia1: @VercingetorixTheGreat: @spiderbat87: @THUNDERBOLT30: @Deranged Midget: I'm lost. I thought the original Avatar took place 100's of years ago. but 70 years later they have cars and ships. What year do you think original Avatar took place?

sunhawk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By sunhawk

Aang, Korra couldn't probably even beat Bolin.

Avatar image for deranged_midget
Deranged Midget

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 4

#32  Edited By Deranged Midget

@pooty: The original Avatar seemed to be in the earliest stages of the Industrial Age, perhaps our late 1700's at most. The fire nation was already creating vehicles that ran on coal as did their ships.

Avatar image for vercingetorixthegreat
VercingetorixTheGreat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@pooty: well in the original avatar series they had blimps and tanks. Its just that sokka was there to invent everything

the_stegman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By the_stegman  Moderator
@spiderbat87: Yeah, I gotta agree with what the others say, Earth, Air and Water are always just sorta...there, they can't be created while fire, in nature is usually started or triggered by something, hence the firebenders can create it themselves.
Jonny_Anonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By Jonny_Anonymous
@The Stegman said:
@spiderbat87: Yeah, I gotta agree with what the others say, Earth, Air and Water are always just sorta...there, they can't be created while fire, in nature is usually started or triggered by something, hence the firebenders can create it themselves.
Water and air is created also
the_stegman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By the_stegman  Moderator
@spiderbat87: Water isn't really created, it is constantly recycled and reused in the water cycle, I think the amount of water on the Earth pretty much stays the same, same thing with air.
EpitomeofCool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By EpitomeofCool

aang...should have waited till the end of the series to make the thread steg..we would have more fests to pull from..

NCC1396

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By NCC1396

Korra, she was bending three elements when she was a child, he only started bending outside air when he was about twelve.

the_stegman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By the_stegman  Moderator
@EpitomeofCool: I didn't make the thread, I just comment in it, lol, but yes, I agree Aang wins.
NCC1396

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By NCC1396

@spiderbat87: It would loook more impressive if someone shot fire out of their hand vs. water, i think that's why they did that. it would look dumb if someone shot a jet stream of water from their hand

BMEZY

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By BMEZY

I really don't think this is really fair on Korra's behalf do to that fact that we don't really know what she's able to really do..she's not abe to show any potential because the tournaments limit her abiities and skills and outside of that she's always being overwhelmed by chi-bockers (due to her inexperience with actually fighting ppl). We have to remember that before repubic city Korra was pretty sheltered and kind of closed off from the rest of the world (as protection I guess) so technically she's still fresh out of training and is thrown directly into the lion's den with all of these experienced seasoned fighters (regardess if their benders or not), whereas Aang had some lee-way to actually show what he's made of because for the past two years, he's had to fight for his life every single day..he didn't have a choice and because of that he grew up pretty quick and learned from experience and skill from the people he learned along the way..It's a different story with Korra..it's like she fights because she has nothing else to do and it seems as though she goes out looking for trouble. She doesn't take it as seriously as aang...I just think it's better to compare the two when Korra gets some time and experience under her belt. -shrugs-

Skyfire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By Skyfire

Aang.

Korra has no experience fighting airbenders and I think that will be key. It would be interesting if they both went into the Avatar state...anything in a 10 mile radius would lose.

deadpool6_6_6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By deadpool6_6_6

@X_insignia1 said:

Aang no doubt

NCC1396

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By NCC1396

Actually i choose Aang, he has more experience.

njones5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By njones5

Aang wins its close but he proves too much for her in the end

rogueshadow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 rogueshadow  Moderator

Aang, even at the end of book 2 his general prowess with the elements is massively superior, though Korra gained them at a young age, she really hasn't mastered any of them, she's just, 'very good', at all of them.

Korra is really weak, even compared to the likes of none Avatars, Toph & Katara could probably take her.

Avatar image for unbreakable_fs4
unbreakable_fs4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By unbreakable_fs4

Aang beats the crap out of her and proceeds to take back the position of Avatar from her incompetent a*s :)

SMXLR8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

DeathHero61

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Well, this is book two Aang, which means he hasn't mastered fire bending, against current Korra who hasn't mastered air bending. I'm giving it to Aang, Korra is the more ferocious of the two, and Aang won't go for any lethal moves with morals on, but he's still much too fast for her to try to pinpoint, he'll wear her out then k.o her.

rogueshadow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 rogueshadow  Moderator

@smxlr8 said:

@unbreakable_fs4: well maybe for now but she will beat him

@rogueshadow: if you take their bending away korra wins

Maybe but Aang has shown very effective evasive abilities, and he does so with ease, remember that the bending arts are based on martial arts and can be applied in the same way. With Morals on she would win in h2h, off I'm not too sure.

But... that's not the battle :P